Which race has been your favorite to roll?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

I can’t bring myself to play much more than Charr really. I’ve dabbled in the Sylvari and Asura storylines… but I always end up going back to being a Charr. I just love the way they look and how they are so military based.

I honestly wish I could play another race, but ugh… I don’t even know which one I would try.

No this isnt a help me thread, I’m merely asking what your favorite race is. So post.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Try human. It was more interesting than the Charr story lines certainly.

protip: Pick wanting to join the circus.

Khyber.2693

Try human. It was more interesting than the Charr story lines certainly.

protip: Pick wanting to join the circus.

I… think you’re kidding?

All my friends who’ve rolled human say its boring.

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

I like Asura and Sylvari as a race, but I can’t bring myself to play them due to Charrsyndrome >_>
Motivation to play = None if not Charr

Khyber.2693

I like Asura and Sylvari as a race, but I can’t bring myself to play them due to Charrsyndrome >_>
Motivation to play = None if not Charr

You have this too? Glad it’s not only me ;____;

I wish I could play another race, but yeah no.

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

Can’t stand the charr as a race and the military thing is overdone; it’s not like they are fighting for their existence unlike the humans they almost wiped out. I’m also not keen on the (again overdone) arrogance of the asura, or their little verminous faces and racial homogeny. Norn are okay i guess but the stereotype has been pushed in your face so much that (for me) i can’t see past the race to the profession. So, human and sylvari it is for me.

Posted by: ryndaris.2975

ryndaris.2975

The Norn are something of a conundrum for me – I love playing them, but I really dislike their storylines (tried out all 3). So i just skip the PS and play the awesome Norn, yay!

And the human Noble storyline is pretty good (tip: don’t pick the circus) mostly due to funny characters like Faren… Anise and Logan also work really well together.

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

I play humans out of nostalgia, but Charr and Asura are by far the superior race in terms of dialog and story telling up until around level 40 when the story becomes… crap. Not everyone likes the Charr because they tend to be too one-dimensional but the people that do like them usually like the fact they they seem driven by something while the humans for instance don’t really show any passion in what they are doing. Charr also get some persistent companions.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Its gotta be the Norns and Charrs, BIG and kitten!

vvuevv

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I love playing humans- I also really enjoyed the circus story line because it fitted well with my idea of my main character and then I had her join the Whispers to continue with the theme.
All my characters except one are human, my odd one out is Sylvari and she really grew on me( no pun intended) I am actually sad that I’m too cheap to buy more char slots because I would have liked to have at least another Sylvari.

Tried the other races and while I like seeing them around I just can’t get into playing as one of them. Asura irritate the kitten out of me

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: bcd.4352

bcd.4352

Asura is by far the best.

• Easiest to do jumping puzzles with, since you’re so tiny you don’t block your own view and you know exactly where you will land.
• You appear to run really fast. You don’t actually run faster, but since you’re tiny and everything is bigger by comparison, you seem to traverse distances at amazing speeds. My human and Charr feel so horribly slow compared to Asura.
• I like how most armor looks on Asura, much more than on other classes. (but most people disagree with me because boobs)

Posted by: Catixie.6351

Catixie.6351

I have all humans. Originally had 2 humans a norn, asura and a sylvari.

My reasons for replacing those were; Couldn’t stand the norn voice, changing the eyes on a certain face made the sylvaris eyes go derping while in idle and I didn’t like that asura male and female had the same skin armour.

I find the asura absolutely adorable but that armour I don’t want to be confused for a male at quick glance

Katixie TC

Posted by: AmBoSS.7129

AmBoSS.7129

I have 4 characters, 2 of them are humans and two of them sylvari.

I play the humans for lore-reasons, I played them im GW1, and I really liked them.

The Sylvari? I love their lore too, the way they thing about the world, I like how they look and the Groove.

Charr? Hated those animals since GW1. Asura are arrogant little kittens, and Norn…well, guess they are okay, but I still don’t wanna play them for some reason.

Posted by: Southern Lord.7254

Southern Lord.7254

I absolutely hated the Asura…until I rolled an Asuran Necromancer.

By far my favourite race so far, and I’ve rolled them all. Story is interesting and fun, they have the best personal dialogue, and I found my character is my favourite ‘looking’ too – the skin tone and marks meant I actually could create exactly what I thought before rolling one.

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Human

Graphically always have the best models.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

Charr and norn are just waaaay too big. I hate big characters >.< I think my favorite is sylvari, tho I really like human and asura too.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Charr so far have been my favorite.

I don’t like the sylvari really at all.

Norn was fun (until I played Charr)

and humans are very nice as well…

asura are really lame and annoying.
(and only 12 year-olds are annoying on purpose)

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

All Norn here! The Shiverpeaks are my favorite region. Hoelbrak is the best city I think too. The grandeur and music is great. Which is a pretty big deal for me in picking a race. Thus it’s all Norn, all day…. Also, you can make them short to just barely taller than the tallest human setting.

For the other races, I can’t stand Ascalon. I’ve been at 93% Map completion since the fall and just can’t bring myself to go in there. That’s how much I despise it. Maguuma is too cluttered, overgrown, and unstructured to me. Thus, I really don’t like the region either. Kryta isn’t too bad except for the Harathi Hinterlands. That’s just a terrible map really.

I did try a female human a couple of times. End up deleting it eventually as I really don’t like the run cycle. Since that is all we do, it’s been the deal breaker. Because I could always level up in the Shiverpeaks and in WvW.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

I like being the humans mainly because they are very relatable (We are humans after all) and also because the voice actors playing them are just awesome!

And in second place to my favorite race are the Sylvari mainly because one facial structure has this kitten smile and they have a mysterious aura around them.

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

Size affects jumping puzzles, but nothing else. I get used to the scaling of any race fast.

Across my 8 professions I have 3 Humans, 2 Charr, and one each of Sylvari, Norn and Asura. Obviously I know the Human storyline best and the Charr second best.

I found the storyline quality is very much a matter of personal taste and enjoyment varied tremendously for me. I liked the Noble and Commoner storylines but not the Street Rat. I liked the Floating Grizwhirl and Dead Sister, but I never figured out why they were interested in killing me (thereby exposing themselves) in the Unknown Parents.

For the Charr, the Blood Legion story line showed Charr society was self-destructive. Every time something goes wrong, they blame each other and start killing each other. The Iron Legion storyline showed that they could cooperate with each other, at least, but I did not like so frequently having to use an alternate skill bar and one-mission turrets while I was still learning to play my engineer. The Loyal Soldier storyline taught me that Charr apparently don’t inform their superiors about what they should and they leave valuable stuff out where others can and do find them for no apparent reason. The sorcerous shaman storyline was interesting to me, though.

The Asura Statics/Weather Converter storyline was funny. I liked the slightly alien mind set of the Asura that personal reputation was more important than personal safety and MUCH more important than anyone else’s safety. However, if someone else was doing something dangerous, their disregard of others’ safety was unconscionable! Lol!

The Sylvari storyline did not do much for me (All Things Have a Right to Grow/Shield and Moon). It was sort of generic adventure defeating evil because it is evil.

I liked the Norn storyline (Protect the Spirits/Blacked Out). It really showed that Norn fight hard and party hard, but they are not unthinking brutes. I also enjoyed the Norn Orders storyline more than any of the other 4. It had more mystery and choices that better reflected the different Order’s philosophies (particularly when it came to battle). If I were to make a new character, it would probably be a Norn. I don’t have a female Norn, but I played an intro with one to generate an engineer headpiece skin. I loved how fierce the Norn woman sounded without being overblown. Just listening to her, even when she was not boasting, said “don’t mess with me.” Charr sound like that, too, but they are overblown and hammy about it.

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

Human. All 3 of my characters are human and I don’t intend to roll any other races even if I roll another character.

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

I played all races and I found that asuras have imo the most unique and interesting story lines, I also love how their animations are absolutely adorable + they’re great for doing jumping puzzles.
In the contrast I found human noble story line being very boring and cliche.
Haven’t played much of a Sylvari, because I don’t like their looks.

My personal preference:

1. Asura
2. Norn
3. Charr
4. Human
5. Sylvari

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I love those BA warrior cats and if I was a guy I would totally play one!

It always tickles me when I run the Urban Battlegrounds Fractal and get transformed into a Flame Legion Charr with burning red eyes, wielding my Lucky Charms of Doom scepter.

Posted by: draakdorei.9436

draakdorei.9436

I played all the races to level 30 (racial story achieves) and Charr was my fav storyline. As far as favorite race though, Sylvari wins hands down for their racials and skin colors. Charr is a close second only because I hate the forced all fours running. It reminds me too much of WoW’s Worgens and looks ugly to me.

My list in order of most to least fav:
Sylvari
Charr
Asura
Human
Norn

Draakdorei – L80 Sylvari Engineer Support/Healer
Drake Rovan – L80 Human Ranger AoE Ranger/Spirit Buffer

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Asura is by far the best.

• Easiest to do jumping puzzles with, since you’re so tiny you don’t block your own view and you know exactly where you will land.
• You appear to run really fast. You don’t actually run faster, but since you’re tiny and everything is bigger by comparison, you seem to traverse distances at amazing speeds. My human and Charr feel so horribly slow compared to Asura.
• I like how most armor looks on Asura, much more than on other classes. (but most people disagree with me because boobs)

I have human, charr, norn, and asura at 80 and this rings true for me as well. I know they are not actually moving ‘faster’ but the feel of the character in terms of navigation is much more responsive. It’s like driving a sports car that rewards driving skill.

Then you have the animations. I’m sorry but an asura GS warriors 100b is superior to any other race, and that goes for most of the skill animations. Especially, a guardians ‘empower’ which is most disappointing on a human.

That, and the story, I think, is more interesting. The asura story line, until the order, has a good deal of humor that’s missing from the others. It’s quite engaging. And, I have to mention Rata Sum. Now there is a city that was planned for efficiency. All my characters, regardless of race, make their home in Rata Sum. It’s got everything you need within a stones throw. Asuras FTW.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Human. The starter area is beautiful and there always seems to be people around. Plus, the pretty isn’t bad either.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Panzen.4625

Panzen.4625

Asura. Charr are great, too.
Regret making my mesmer a norn… I really tried making her as interesting as possible but norn are just bland standard fantasy nordrace borefests

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Asura by far, everything about them is great, best humor in the game, even the stories up until trahearne are awesome, after that its not worth bothering its no longer Asuran..

Humans were so so boring for me, i dislike Sylvari but the stories were still better than bandits this and that in my opinion..

(edited by Dante.1508)

Posted by: Aurorablue.5163

Aurorablue.5163

I have 1 character of each race. I thought Sylvari were my fave, but they say the stupidest things, so my charr has now become my most fave.
Asura would be my least fave.