Which race most fun for PVE based on storyline?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Javious.4912

Javious.4912

Discuss Here, which race has the most intriguing and fun storyline for you.

Posted by: Lord Dekar.1975

Lord Dekar.1975

I to am interested in this information so please if there is anyone out there that has played multiple races storylines post some feedback.

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

This is subjective.

Posted by: Lord Dekar.1975

Lord Dekar.1975

Yeah it is but would like to know people’s opinions on which stories the enjoyed the most and most topics in forums are subjective lol awesome post by the way, straight to your point.

Posted by: ErkiB.8375

ErkiB.8375

I have played a Charr, Human and Norn.

Charr story is very like… like Lord of The Rings Orcs/Uruk-Hai, as it all goes down on being in warbands, leadership, a lot of times you get to kill someones and a lot of story revolves around the Flame legion which is awesome, The story itself I have enjoyed so far.

Norn Story is also pretty decent but I like it the least out of all the 3 races Ive played, Norn are more about having fun during the time of battle and fight gigantic creatures which is a blast, it does have some very interesting character in its storyline but the dialog between them is pretty horrible inmo.

Human Story is in my opinion the best, I really like the route it takes right off the bat and has so many interesting characters and has many twists and turns like a thriller/drama movie. The dialog kept me interested in the story and there is a lot of story with the pirates as well, which I enjoy quite well.

If you want a serious/thriller/drama story, go with Human.
If you want a LOTR Orc/Uruk-Hai theme where you have your own warband and can get skull-cracking, choose charr.
If your looking for a more light-hearted story with many fun battles, choose Norn.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Asura is tied with Sylvari for me, then human and Charr. Norn is the least, but it’s still ok, imo.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: ErkiB.8375

ErkiB.8375

Asura is tied with Sylvari for me, then human and Charr. Norn is the least, but it’s still ok, imo.

Could you tell me a lil bit about the Asura and Sylvari stories? I have not tried them yet.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Sure, ErkiB.

Asura storyline (for me) started with an invention running amok. I thought that the entire storyline would be goofy, but there are some deeply sad moments between a married asuran couple (I won’t ruin it for you). I also find Zojja to be quite practical; even when she’s emotional and acting illogical, she KNOWS she’s being emotional and illogical, but doesn’t care (poor Snaff).

Sylvari (so far) is a bit harder to tell without giving spoilers. I will say that I enjoyed the green knight storyline and my girlfriend enjoyed the white stag story line.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”