Which salvage kit to use?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Erhnam.5732

Erhnam.5732

Hi, I’m reaching 80 (75 now) with my noob necromancer, and I was wondering…which salvage kit should I use and when? Do you use anything else than the lowest one for blues/greens? The yellow one for yellows?

Cheers!

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

The first kit up to level 8 or 10
the 2nd kit up to 15.
you should have enough cash by this time to be using the 3rd kit. The last two kits are more for about level 60 form what I am seeing for my cash flow for upgrades and such.

Could be a bit sooner then 60. I wouldn’t know. My highest toon should hit 50 tomorrow.

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: AndyPandy.3471

AndyPandy.3471

cheapest kit for any “salvage” item
mystic forge kit (check wiki) for any green 70+
best/mystic kit for any “rare/exotic” lvl73+ item
blue kit for everything else

vendor any heavy/wood armor/weapon if u are after money

Posted by: Erhnam.5732

Erhnam.5732

Thanks AndyPanda!

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

Well thanking Andy was really a bad idea. First i got insulted that you though my idea sucked, but here is the thing.

His way you get just the basic materials and not many of them at that.

My way get your more material as well as upgraded material and special items. For example if you scarp and item with agony on it you get a good chance to get the item that applies that to the weapon. You scrap armor you might get the rune.

His way you will never get those items.

So go ahead do it his way. It sucks but go ahead

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: Echo.7634

Echo.7634

I think you missed what AndyPandy is suggesting and why.

The chance to get rare materials includes getting materials of the next tier up.
White and blue items net you very little raw materials and a small chance for upgraded materials to begin with. They DO add up over time though. Using expensive kits to salvage these will not get you any more than you are already getting.

The mystic forge kits on better items will net you more raw materials and have a decent chance to also provide you with rare/exotic crafting materials as well. You know….the ones that you need to make exotic and legendary weapons with.

Posted by: Phima.6134

Phima.6134

With all due respect Krosslite, your advice wasn’t particularly good and by your own admission you’re not speaking from experience at the higher level that the OP was asking about. So there’s no point being offended that they thanked someone who gave better advice.

Personally, I use fine salvage kits for whites, blues and greens and Black Lion for exotics, they give the best chance of getting ecto (which is needed for a lot of high level crafting). I don’t salvage yellows, I stick those in the Mystic Forge in the hope of getting exotics. If I did I’d probably use master or mystic salvage kits on them.

Posted by: Pluton.7364

Pluton.7364

there is only 1 rule!!! NEVER SALVAGE ITEMS!!! you losing plenty of money!!!

sell them all to NPC and rare/exotics sell in TP because crafting component you salvaged cost less than item you just destroyed

Posted by: Pluton.7364

Pluton.7364

true story bro! and if you rly need to salvage something to complete monthly rew. or archivements use basic salvage kit (88 copper) and salvage only white items

(edited by Pluton.7364)

Posted by: LordYz.8941

LordYz.8941

Only use basic salvaging kit for whites. Sell all blue and greens. Salvage yellow with black lion salvaging kit/ mystic forge salvaging kit. Salvage Exotic? LOL.

Sea of Sorrows, Black Snow Suave.
Recruiting dungeon raiders.