Which servers have an active PvE population?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: XDeuxEliah.5926

XDeuxEliah.5926

Hiya. Coming back to this game after about 8 months of away-time, looking to start over completely and do the good old 0-80 route with no shortcuts.

But, I kinda want to see other players in the world too – reading about the forums to catch up, sounds like a lot of servers are, seemingly, either underused or clustered in the two 80+char hubs (orr+LA). That’s… not really what I’d want.

Is there any server left that has a fair new-player (or active alt) base? Or just a generally decent player activity?

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

Well, i don’t know about the other servers, but Gandara has a very active PvE playerbase and is willing to help new players on a friendly way.

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

Posted by: sanictoofast.9317

sanictoofast.9317

Jade Quarry is also very active PVE, i’m rarely alone even on alts. i always bump into other players and usually my requests for help in map chat are promptly met.

Posted by: Duke Dark Hart.1385

Duke Dark Hart.1385

Eredon Terrace has a pretty solid PVE community. There are always people around for Living world event’s and we keep the flow of information running pretty solid to keep people aware of them. So it doesnt matter if you want to go solo or join a guild there are people around for you to everything from Dungeons to Jumping puzzels with at any given point of time.

Posted by: Talenna.4052

Talenna.4052

Piken Square is an active EU server. It is also very popular with RPers, as well as PvEers.

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

GoM is by far the largest PvE community in the game right now. The next closest ranked “Very High” population server is rank 9, and GoM is rank 19 for WvW, telling you that our player base is either just standing in LA or doing PvE.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Tarnished Coast has a huge PvE presence (which one would expect being the unofficial US RP server).

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

reading about the forums to catch up

You should take everything on these forums with a huge grain of salt… There’s rampant hyperbole and doomsaying. What a few short-sighted rage-a-holic gamers spew on to these pages is certainly not a clear indication of the true state of the game.

Posted by: GodAmongUs.9713

GodAmongUs.9713

Piken Squar is a good pve server. I chose it because of that (I’m mainly, if not only, a pve player)

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i think sea of sorrows has a healthy amount of oceanic PvE players.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Gunnar’s Hold is Eu server with a nice, active community

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

TC

Posted by: Hawks.5736

Hawks.5736

Tarnished Coast has a huge PvE presence (which one would expect being the unofficial US RP server).

Giving another nod for TC. I always get overflow in LA during peak hours, relatively active Orr events(was a boon for leveling my Mesmer the last few levels), always running into people in every zone on my alts.

Though really you can basically take any of the servers high up on the WvW charts and get a pretty decent gauge for population health.

Dexson

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Tarnished coast is great for PvE. Population is very healthy. You even run into people in mid level zones.

Posted by: ShaneEbner.1450

ShaneEbner.1450

Thanks for asking this question I was gonna transfer my characters after getting sick of not seeing people. I

Posted by: ShaneEbner.1450

ShaneEbner.1450

Also quick question. TC is full and It won’t let me transfer over. Is there anyway to work around this?

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Also quick question. TC is full and It won’t let me transfer over. Is there anyway to work around this?

Wait. Or bribe someone to leave the server and then try and get in the moment he leaves.

That’s the unfortunate thing about being an active PvE server. Everyone comes to us, so we’re full. That, and when the big meta events happen (Like Fire Ele or the Maw), you’re lucky if the big final super special awesome mega ultra end boss lasts more than 60 seconds thanks to the massive horde of players.

Double edged sword it is. But I like it.

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Not to bash on TC, but it’s become a bit of a bandwagon server. The old TC community that’s friendly and helpful is no longer there, and WvW-addicts awaiting long queues plague the streets of Lion’s Arch with elitist values and shun new players. If you’re a veteran player if tell you to go right ahead and go to TC, but if you’re fairly new I’d advise you to stay away so that you aren’t scared off.