White Feather Wings Backpack

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vela.4903

Vela.4903

Im not sure, but the white version looks less “stiff” compared to the black wings backpack.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Well, the patch notes say the black wings now look less stiff in the “Bug Fixes” section at the bottom, so they were probably updated to be the same as that video.

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

what i wanna know is if these new wings will last for “more than 24hs”? i been waiting months for the return of the wings, and i really want to buy them but want to know if ill have enough time to farm for the gems since i dont wanna spend $ (saving for HoT)

Posted by: FireCrescent.6512

FireCrescent.6512

Ah, yes… I love looking like I am wearing a thin sheet of foam on my back, flapping in the wind… In conclusion: This is ridiculous and Anet should have left it alone or given me my money back for the Black Wings I got last time. Growing really tired of this trend of them going in and butchering stuff we pay money for.

‘10 easy steps to slowly choking your MMO to death’ by the Anet Devs

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

what i wanna know is if these new wings will last for “more than 24hs”? i been waiting months for the return of the wings, and i really want to buy them but want to know if ill have enough time to farm for the gems since i dont wanna spend $ (saving for HoT)

They currently are under quick sale.

E: Yes it’s same 24h window.

(edited by BrooksP.4318)

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

The animation looks like bubblegum (couldn’t they make the wings flap like daydreamer’s?). I regret buying them LOL

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Sold Out.7625

Sold Out.7625

They removed literally all bones and rigging from the wings, making them behave like slow motion foam. Ridiculous. My favorite backpiece, and several RP plans destroyed to a lazy lazy lazy fix. Refunds are being considered.

Leader of the Free Winds – RP, community, and all kinds of fun.
Jara Ariasdottir (Soon all classes proper!)

Valento.9852

I will look into a refund aswell. I couldn’t anticipate it would break the animation, I took it would be the same as black one. It was a poor fix indeed.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Kabikaz.8637

Kabikaz.8637

As someone who helped a friend animate a game. WINGS TAKE EFFORT
BUT NOT SO MUCH THAT FLOPPY PAPER WINGS ARE OK.

It would be a four kittenig, dynamics for the feathers, with a 100 frame cycle, tops, shouldn’t take more then two weeks to do, at DISNEY QUALITY. Could probs be done in a week, honestly.

grumble

Valento.9852

As someone who helped a friend animate a game. WINGS TAKE EFFORT
BUT NOT SO MUCH THAT FLOPPY PAPER WINGS ARE OK.

It would be a four kittenig, dynamics for the feathers, with a 100 frame cycle, tops, shouldn’t take more then two weeks to do, at DISNEY QUALITY. Could probs be done in a week, honestly.

grumble

My guess is because there aren’t enough people to look into these stuff.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I logged in to check out new stuff and looked at the new wings. It’s all…..swirly. Like it’s boneless. It doesn’t move like wings at all and neither does my black wings. Well, they never did either but I didn’t look like I had deboned wings on my back. Sigh.

I know they’ll never change it so…. Pass.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Anesthesia.4652

Anesthesia.4652

I can see what they were trying to do with the wings but i’m not a fan either =D
Although i don’t think they should be stiff, they feel and look like foam right now it’s very offputting lol.

No hate on Anet and i love what they’re doing but i’m starting to regret my purchase lol.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

They are an improvement on the cardboard wings we had before

Posted by: Anesthesia.4652

Anesthesia.4652

I agree that they’re taking it into the right direction, now if only we could get a happy medium between cardboard and foam… hmnn

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

They really need to remake all “wing” back items to be full animated. & they need to look more like actual wings. They need:
idle animation (closed when standing around. Much tighter than they are now)
jump animation (open & spread when you jump. maybe 1 flap)
landing animation (billow out)
hit animation (kinda flinch out when hit)
a small amount of physics.. not the current gooey slow stretch.

We pay money for these. they should be decent. static or “looping flap” wings are super lazy.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

Sold Out.7625

I’d generally suggest about anyone disappointed with the removal of all bones / rigs of the original wing pieces, making them behave like broken floppy foam, to request a refund for their gems spent. It’s a completely ridiculous change you won’t have to take. I have yet to find anyone that wants them this ridiculously floppy and ugly.

Posted by: Stormclaw.5031

Stormclaw.5031

It’s amusing that people are complaining about wing animations on a single back item when there are basic player animations that have been broken for 7-8 months that they refuse to address.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I previewed them and I also noticed the weird floppiness before I saw your post. I would likewise be upset if I owned the black ones and logged in to see what had been done to them.

Fortunately for me, I don’t care for either set. While I would like to see a nice pair of wings in the game, the black (and now white) ones look “mussed” or “ragged”. Like a bird that had just been in a fight and it’s feathers were all askew.

For the sake of those of you who owned the black ones already, I hope they listen and do a hotfix for you to stiffen them up again.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Sold Out.7625

Well, apparently removing all rigging and bones was their “Hotfix” already, so we’ll just have to wait and see. Clarification would be nice though. Because i this broken mess was “intended” I may just request a refund… which makes me sad.

I was excited for white wings for several months. Used the black ones for several months until this far too late, far too kittenty “fix”. The black wings were initially so popular because they were modeled well and moved slightly. Now they are just… I don’t even know what that is. They are made of cloth.

Maybe they should change all the ingame birds’ wings to behave like that. Then at least we could see hilariously broken floppy foam stuck to bird bodies.

(edited by Sold Out.7625)

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

It’s amusing that people are complaining about wing animations on a single back item when there are basic player animations that have been broken for 7-8 months that they refuse to address.

Yeah. I used to champion that cause. But I am rapidly getting to the point where I just don’t care about this game anymore. Guild Wars has been a large part of my recreation time since the Prophecies Betas, but with GW2 they have pretty consistently been making things worse with every patch (in my humble opinion), and apathy has set in.

I am gradually finding other things to do, and am weaning myself off of this game. I don’t see them going in a direction that would encourage me to hang in there. We’ll see. Maybe they’ll surprise me and give us something I really like. But I’m not holding my breath. (It’s kinda like Game of Thrones around here… the things you like the most are the ones most likely to be killed off).

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Belladonna Shylock.6187

Belladonna Shylock.6187

To me, of all the things that have occurred over the last week, the wings are the most discouraging. I’m embarrassed to even wear them. Might as well attach two pillows to my back and let me run around.

Sold Out.7625

To me, of all the things that have occurred over the last week, the wings are the most discouraging. I’m embarrassed to even wear them. Might as well attach two pillows to my back and let me run around.

Pillows with broken physics*

I simply can’t believe they would pass off breaking something and removing all modeling base as a “bug fix”. Too rigid? They are -wings-. Not pillows.

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I bought them but not the black one because I HATED how the old ones looked. Looked like some crap out of some F2P Korean MMO. At least this one, while still obtrusive, is much more palatable to me.

Sold Out.7625

Did ou try -moving- with them on, Shifu? Imagine actual wings moved like those new foam / pillow toys.

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

People with these wings look like they have toilet paper attached to their backs as they run…lol.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’d generally suggest about anyone disappointed with the removal of all bones / rigs of the original wing pieces, making them behave like broken floppy foam, to request a refund for their gems spent. It’s a completely ridiculous change you won’t have to take. I have yet to find anyone that wants them this ridiculously floppy and ugly.

You just found one person

Posted by: puddintay.5786

puddintay.5786

C’mon folks do you think you will get a refund?……no you wont. The change is made and done. Just equip another back pack skin. If they do manage to give a refund I will be shocked!!!! It’s not that serious.

Demon Eye Kyo (Necro) SoR
MacktheKnife (Thief)
Dakkhon BlackBlade (Ranger)

Posted by: noraia.8570

noraia.8570

aw, I actually think they are really pretty like that. I can totally understand being upset about something that you already had changing though.

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

The wings are indeed fugly. But lotsa folks running around wearing them. One is born per minute I have heard.

Posted by: Aer.3970

Aer.3970

Honestly I’d be pretty hesitant to request a refund. Every so often there is an aspect of a gem store item that is unpopular. The black gunk under the Noble Count Dress. The lack of necks on humans for the Balth outfit. If a bunch of people request refunds for the black wings, Anet won’t change it back, they’ll just get the message that they should never change gem store items in future, no matter how broken they are. Until they did this, I never thought they would, so I was incredibly surprised.

For the record, I bought the black wings and was disappointed by the fact they were so cardboard-ey. The new animation may not be perfect, but I like it a lot more and am happy as heck about it. I might actually put them back on my necro now. I’m sorry you all don’t feel the same way.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

They really need to remake all “wing” back items to be full animated. & they need to look more like actual wings. They need:
idle animation (closed when standing around. Much tighter than they are now)
jump animation (open & spread when you jump. maybe 1 flap)
landing animation (billow out)
hit animation (kinda flinch out when hit)
a small amount of physics.. not the current gooey slow stretch.

As DarksunG says above. Wings that had the animations described above could be found in “neverwinternights” on a class called “dragondiciple”. The way they moved looked absolutely awsome and I would easily pay 1000 gems for wings that had animation that moved woth u’r character. But the cyrrent white and black feathery wings would need a re-design to be able to move that way, as they miss some structures that would be bony.

The way they have changed the white wings are better though, but still not great!

Kima & Co

Posted by: DroidDreamer.2861

DroidDreamer.2861

I would like to add my feedback to this thread: The revised wings — both white and black — are too floppy. As others have noted, the updated wings seem to have less underlying structure so they tend to blow in the wind when moving in ways that suggest that these are some truly boneless wings!

I also think the original wing structure was a little too rigid so some place in the middle is constructively recommended.

Check out my Guardian WvW Mace/Shield & Staff Support Build:
http://goo.gl/VftpD3

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I sort of agree. They look better now when standing still, but look pretty ridiculous when running. Decrease the coefficient that bends them to the “wind” in game, and they would look at lot nicer. Too bad this will happen NEVAR…. Anyway, thats my two cents.

Valento.9852

Take this toilet paper from my back, all the help is appreciated. Thanks.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I like them animation/physics of these wings.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).