Who Would Like 2 Week Update Just for Polish?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Im not sure what you mean by polish..you want the game to be in polish language, as an option?

Regarding what others have said: They focus so so so much on living story, and not enough on anything else.

When was the last time dungeons got a good revamp? Not just one..but multiple?
When was the last time there was reason to just go out into tyria and explore, not related to any achievements?
When was the last time you DIDNT see the champ train?>
When was the last time Orr was significant?

There is another english word “polish” that has nothing to do with Poland. To polish means to make smooth and glossy by using friction, usually in terms of metal or gemstones (though it has MANY other uses). The implication here is that the game has many features that are quite close to being well-done; all they need is a bit of polishing. Smooth out the rough edges. Hope this helps.

HAHAHAHA omg…I feel like such an idiot. Yes yes, polish as in ‘refine’. I am american, I speak english, and I am a fail hahahahahahaha. I thought the OP wanted GW2 to be translated in Polish hahaha omg. Wow…stupid me.

Nevermind folks! nothing to see here!

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Lol…I don’t have to know how to assemble a car to be able to drive one. I don’t have to know how to code Paint program to be able to use it to edit a picture. I’m not sure what you are getting at, really. Thanks for the input, though. =)

The point is, you say they can create new content without being programmers. Seeing as the teams can create content (allegedly) without coding by using these “tools” your argument that people in the team would be sitting around doing nothing when those that can code are doing bug fixing is illogical since nothing is preventing the non coders from using the tools to create new content unrelated to bug fixing….basically you made an obvious strawman and I believe you’re being intentionally obtuse.

There’s no reason why the members of a team who can code, bug fix and polish issues that have been around for months, while the rest of the team continue doing work as normal. It’s a very simple concept.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

If teams are separate those creating content and those looking at coding problems, then I don’t see why both things can’t happen on a normal 2 week update. I don’t believe they have to be mutually exclusive, do they?

I really do appreciate all the quality of life things they have implemented, but I will admit that many bugs that have existed since the beginning of the game still persist.

The Hint Completion is one of them. I have been sitting at 82/83 for over seven months because the “FINISH HIM!” in WvW and PvP is bugged. I’ve ‘finished’ many other players and still no achievement. I know that is a small thing, but there are many such examples.

I think it would indeed be nice if some more concentration of known, long-standing bugs were given a little priority. That isn’t to say that I don’t appreciate the things that have been done.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I don’t know about since launch (I’m a latecomer), but the bloodtide coast kidnapping event has been bugged since I started last winter.

That said, it still doesn’t change the fact that different people are working on living story than would even be qualified to do general fixes like this.

Oh. Don’t expect that to change. Been playing for a bit over a year. Only seen that event not bugged once. Always on “1 merchant left”. Did do it the one time I saw it not bugged. Hasn’t worked since.

I have never seen that DE unbugged and i started when the game opened, no hyperbole i’ve never seen it work correctly.

On another bug i walk through Lions arch and everything randomly disappears npcs players everything, i run back and they all reappear O.o also some strange reason my weapons randomly disappear in lions Arch too as do my skills…

Never did any of that when the game opened..

(edited by Dante.1508)

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I don’t necessarily believe the living world teams are comprised largely of coders in the first place though. At least that seems to be implied by some of what’s said. Not everyone who designs games codes.

I have already addresed that issue Vayne. I am not saying an LS team should work on it. I am saying that a team should work for a whole cycle to release a patch that only addresses bugs within the game. At this point you are arguing things that are not a part of my thread. If you want to address the issue in the context of my OP then fine. If not please stay on topic. I don’t want it derailed. The same goes for everyone else please. I want to know if the community would like a patch dedicated solely to squashing bugs. Please stay on topic and keep it constructive! Thanks.

You can go back throughout my post history. I am always effusive in my praise and constructive in my criticism and never rude. I am not complaining for the sake of whining. I am trying to add to the discussion of making the game better by bringing up what I think are salient points and ideas that could help to achieve those ends.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Iason Evan.3806)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I have already addresed that issue Vayne. I am not saying an LS team should work on it. I am saying that a team should work for a whole cycle to release a patch that only addresses bugs within the game.

But what should the rest of the employees do during that time then?
All those that can’t fix bugs?
Should they just sit down and do nothing?

If not, why can’t they release both fixes and new content? As they are doing now?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Iason Evan.3806

I have already addresed that issue Vayne. I am not saying an LS team should work on it. I am saying that a team should work for a whole cycle to release a patch that only addresses bugs within the game.

If not, why can’t they release both fixes and new content? As they are doing now?

Those teams have an extra two weeks for their content patch? Little bugs just keep creepin in. Sure, there are a lot of bugs the teams tackle, but there are also myriad bugs that have been around for a long time. I want to see a large portion of them addressed. It takes time, but that is why I am saying a team should be dedicated to it.

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

No one said they have to sit back and twiddle their thumbs staring off into space. They could still work on the LS stuff. If they get more time, maybe we’d get something that doesn’t become zerg content after the first hour or so after release. Maybe more thought out as well.

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

No, I like the 2 week content patches

They’ve done a lot to polish the game, every patch brings more QoL features, polish and bug fixes.

http://gw2patchnotesearch.david-reess.de/

Is the game perfect? Of course not, but no MMO is. So as long as the bug fixer part of the team continues to polish this game to a high gloss and we still get content every two weeks, I’m happy.

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

So let me get this straight.

• Content update every month, which will please a lot players that don’t have a lot of time to play and spend hours doing the new content.
  • Every two weeks we get MUCH needed bug fixes, visual bugs, skill bugs and other pesky bugs fixed.
  • Quality control so we can expected more balanced gameplay.

This is a great idea! Too bad ArenaNet will never realized we don’t give two kittens about new content every week if the rest of the game is lacking.

How long has my Incinerator had it’s visual bug? I’m still sitting at 82/83 hint completion. PATHETIC. Stop adding new stuff and fix the content you already have!

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Maybe it’s just not understood. The particular LS team responsible for a 2-week release patch doesn’t work on that patch for just two weeks. They work on it, and its corresponding ‘sister’ patch for 4 months. Sure, a patch with more polish might be nice, but having one of the LS team ’do something else’ for four months isn’t going to help the bug-fixing/polish team. That is the point. Those people aren’t particularly trained to fix bugs, so what exactly is the advantage to having the LS team not do their job?

If you want more bug-fixing, you need to hire more bug-fixers, not just make some people idle for an extended period of time.

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Everyone from coders to QA is swamped by the 2 week timetable. Monthly polish, bug fix and performance updates with 3 monthly content drops = win.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t necessarily believe the living world teams are comprised largely of coders in the first place though. At least that seems to be implied by some of what’s said. Not everyone who designs games codes.

I have already addresed that issue Vayne. I am not saying an LS team should work on it. I am saying that a team should work for a whole cycle to release a patch that only addresses bugs within the game. At this point you are arguing things that are not a part of my thread. If you want to address the issue in the context of my OP then fine. If not please stay on topic. I don’t want it derailed. The same goes for everyone else please. I want to know if the community would like a patch dedicated solely to squashing bugs. Please stay on topic and keep it constructive! Thanks.

You can go back throughout my post history. I am always effusive in my praise and constructive in my criticism and never rude. I am not complaining for the sake of whining. I am trying to add to the discussion of making the game better by bringing up what I think are salient points and ideas that could help to achieve those ends.

I think you’re missing my point. These bugs are being worked on by people. Bugs are fixed with every single patch. Every time a bug is fixed, it gets added into the Living World patches. If the same number of people are working on bugs, then the same number of bugs will be fixed.

In other words, if you’re not diverting Living World teams to working on bugs, the bugs won’t be fixed any faster, even if you do only put out a bug fix.

What you’d have to do is take the teams that are working on certain bugs off those bugs and put them on the specific bugs you’re talking about.

For example, we just had a patch today which, according to the notes, gives performance improvement in large scale battles. I haven’t tried it myself, but if it does what they say, is that more important than a single dynamic events in Bloodtide Coast?

Iason Evan.3806

I think you’re missing my point. These bugs are being worked on by people. Bugs are fixed with every single patch. Every time a bug is fixed, it gets added into the Living World patches. If the same number of people are working on bugs, then the same number of bugs will be fixed.

In other words, if you’re not diverting Living World teams to working on bugs, the bugs won’t be fixed any faster, even if you do only put out a bug fix.

What you’d have to do is take the teams that are working on certain bugs off those bugs and put them on the specific bugs you’re talking about.

For example, we just had a patch today which, according to the notes, gives performance improvement in large scale battles. I haven’t tried it myself, but if it does what they say, is that more important than a single dynamic events in Bloodtide Coast?

By design, it would be a team equipped to handle such issues and would work for four months to just squash bugs that have plagued the game since day 1. That would be the update we would get for that 2 week time frame. If it is just one bug like you are talking about, then no it isn’t worth it, but I am talking about them tackling myriad issues in one patch.

It’s really simple: You either think a team should be dedicated to this or not.

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

The game has been seeing polish and QoL improvements through the LS 2 week patches. Every patch comes with QoL improvements/features, and we see polish such as this patch’s server optimization and other patch’s balance changes as well (depends what you mean by polish, but there’s an example for both the common meanings).
We’ve also seen “broken” or undesirable content revamped, such as the world boss fights/Tequatl, AC dungeon (though that didn’t turn out very well..), and the new Twilight Arbor path.

I wouldn’t be against having a 2 week patch that was purely polish/QoL updates with no LS, but it’s not like we aren’t getting that otherwise with the current patches.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

By design, it would be a team equipped to handle such issues and would work for four months to just squash bugs that have plagued the game since day 1. That would be the update we would get for that 2 week time frame. If it is just one bug like you are talking about, then no it isn’t worth it, but I am talking about them tackling myriad issues in one patch.

And therein lies the problem. How could I know if a team should be devoted to this, when I don’t know what they’re working on right at this moment. Am I in a position to say that this is more important or better than what they’re doing? That’s a management decision I don’t have enough information to make.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Im not sure what you mean by polish..you want the game to be in polish language, as an option?

Regarding what others have said: They focus so so so much on living story, and not enough on anything else.

When was the last time dungeons got a good revamp? Not just one..but multiple?
When was the last time there was reason to just go out into tyria and explore, not related to any achievements?
When was the last time you DIDNT see the champ train?>
When was the last time Orr was significant?

There is another english word “polish” that has nothing to do with Poland. To polish means to make smooth and glossy by using friction, usually in terms of metal or gemstones (though it has MANY other uses). The implication here is that the game has many features that are quite close to being well-done; all they need is a bit of polishing. Smooth out the rough edges. Hope this helps.

HAHAHAHA omg…I feel like such an idiot. Yes yes, polish as in ‘refine’. I am american, I speak english, and I am a fail hahahahahahaha. I thought the OP wanted GW2 to be translated in Polish hahaha omg. Wow…stupid me.

Nevermind folks! nothing to see here!

Don’t feel too bad! That happens to me on occasion as well. I’ll look at a word with two meanings and just be unable to land on the secondary meaning. If it helps, I had a good chuckle over the mixup, and a sympathy wince.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I think a team is dedicated to this. I don’t understand why you think these teams can’t (or even don’t) work concurrently. Are you suggesting that the living story teams just take a vacation in the meantime?

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

wtf why should I care about stupid localisations that make no sense??

Iason Evan.3806

Perfect examples: On SoR, Melandru and Dwayna have been bugged for weeks. We get to do them directly after a patch and then they go to a bugged state again. The entire Warmaster Chan chain to kick off retaking Arah is bugged right now as well as the escort of downed crew to Meddler’s Waypoint.

2 of those are major events and some of the best ways to acquire Dragonite and they are completely useless at the moment and it affects making Ascended Weapons adversely. This stuff needs to be fixed.