Who added "Disable right-click to interact"?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ChyrosNX.1834

ChyrosNX.1834

You have my ENDLESS THANKS. That update proves that ArenaNet is really listening and caring to us fanbase’s concerns/suggestions/feedbacks. Usual arrogant Devs would have just responded with “KITTEN YOU! Eat our kitten!” .

I, personally, would like to know the people behind the decision and implementation of the said feature so I can thank him/her personally.

THANK YOU
- for putting it on a very high priority list
- for not including this on your mentioned “redesign” that usually took months to implement
- for acknowledging us players who just can’t never adapt to right-click attack/interact and right-click as an exclusive camera feature was already burned to our mind

HOW DOES THIS BENEFITTED ME
- No more PUG teammates insulting me “NOOB!” for accidentally activating the lava bucket on Dredge Fractals prematurely
- No more wasted skills (ie, flame burst, dragon’s tooth) due to lost target (note: I use Autotargetting OFF)
- No more messing up with my target (ie, changing target to a teammate accidentally, target lost, etc…)
- No more rushing (via skill) to enemy head-on when I wanted to flee
- No more attacking a mob when I just wanted to move my camera
- No more mailing mistakes by mailing a different person with your items/gold (TO field is auto-filled based on your current target)
- Simply made me play better

TL;DR: This feature is simply the best update I got from you guys. Thanks again!

Posted by: Mentalhead.5721

Mentalhead.5721

It took a while, but we got it finally, good job ANet

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

TIL adding a toggle after 9 months of begging = high priority list.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: Talenna.4052

Talenna.4052

The request for this got my support and the option has made life so much easier! Thank you, Arenanet!

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

What can I say about the option to disable rightclick to target that hasn’t already been said about the wheel, penicillin, or the iPhone…. this is one of the greatest inventions of all time. My wife and I would argue constantly over who had targeted using right click. It’s one of those things NO ONE wants to do! You know, the old “I spent the entire day rearing OUR children, maybe YOU can pitch in a little and stop targeting with rightclick?” and of course, “You think I have the energy to slave over your kitten targets? I worked a 12 hour shift just to come home to THIS?!” These are the things that can destroy an entire relationship. It got to the point where our children could sense the tension. The minute I heard our 6-year-old girl in her bedroom, re-enacting our daily targeting fight with her Barbie dolls, I knew we had to make a change. That’s when I found the ability to disable targeting with rightclick. Our marriage has never been healthier, AND we’ve even incorporated it into our lovemaking. THANKS DISABLING RIGHTCLICK TO TARGET!

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Posted by: ChyrosNX.1834

ChyrosNX.1834

^ I laughed so hard with that post.

But kidding aside, although this may vary from player to player, to some like me, this is a gamebreaking issue. If you can’t imagine how this feature is frustating to us try eating with yor your spoon/fork/knife swapped on your hands and do that for 9 months.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

+1

Why did right-clicking EVER make us attack/use stuff in the first place by Default??

I’ll never understand that one :P (it never did this in Gw1 which had almost IDENTICAL mouse functionality)

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

+1, I’m so looking forward to their next high priority fixes in 2018.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake