Who are your favourite enemies?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Munrock.3092

Munrock.3092

I noticed a couple of closed threads QQing about Risen being boring and hoping that they’re not in the upcoming content. Instead of Risen-hating… which are your favourite enemies so far? Who’d you like to see more of in future content? Any NPCs you met on your travels that deserve more limelight?

Personally, I want to put Furious Quaggans into a catapult and launch them at Dredge.

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

Dragons, and everything non risen

Posted by: Kromsin.6359

Kromsin.6359

Anything not ranged.

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Branded. They look awesome, seriously.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

Posted by: Sebyos.4089

Sebyos.4089

Yeah anything not Risen god they made those guys the worse enemy in any game ever created by men.

80 Norn Necromancer Max : JC, WS, TL, AT.
100% World completion.

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Any non-risen, non-branded.

oh, and Bandits!

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Azerack.7285

Azerack.7285

Centaurs… because I can outrun them… = )P

…at least that’s what my characters tell me roughly half the time I play them… >.>

Posted by: Cinnamon.3964

Cinnamon.3964

Branded Devourers! They’re incredibly pretty and I like the look of them. I was a big fan of the siege devourer tanks in GW1. I wish I could have one for a Ranger pet, but that wouldn’t be realistic. Perhaps a mini one day!

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

The Inquest.
They may be kitten, but they have some decent looking gear and a whole bunch of kittened up experiements to fight.

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

Honestly no offense, but whoever designed the risen, i think wasnt half there that day at work…….seems like they got a bit lazy.

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

Strangely, harpies come to my mind. I don’t why but everytime I see one I think to myself “Flock to me!” and on some occasions I catch myself saying it outloud. ><

Knowledge is power.

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Anything non – risen, there’s a reason it has been said multiple times already.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: Kyndron.8340

Kyndron.8340

Aside from the dragons (honestly, who doesn’t enjoy showing Tequatl who’s boss?) I really like fighting centaurs and branded. I’m still not sure why…

Jenju – level 80 norn ranger
Server = Desolation
Guild = Miscellaneous

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Dredge and Krait, seriously, I go berserk whenever I see one, I just want to kill them all!
And I actually like Risen, they have a very undead horde kinda feel about them and I find it sad that they say “rest” when they die, I feel like I’m doing them a favor

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

I would rather fight risen then anything listed in this thread.

I don’t get the risen hate…i’d rather fight 10 risen then 1 branded or devourer. Risen are SO easy to kill.

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I like fighting the nightmare court. They have a neat design and they are rare enough that I never get tired of them like I do with most mobs that cover a large portion of a zone. They also have a pretty solid amount of variation to them also.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

Giants, because i want the Giant Slayer achievement and there are very very few Giants your able to kill in this game (Risen Giants dont count).

Posted by: Sonvil.3670

Sonvil.3670

Inquest, bandits, nightmare court

Posted by: Xericor.9103

Xericor.9103

Hmm.. tough question..
I think the Centaurs are due to rise, Harpies could be good but they need to organise a lot, some of the other mini Factions (Inquest, Nightmare Court etc) could be a good fight if they ever get the power boost they need.
I know who I dont like fighting – the Human Seperatists in the Charr zones, kinda sympathise with them. Also killing Skrit feels kinda wrong…

Hmm.. tough question..
I think the Centaurs are due to rise, Harpies could be good but they need to organise a lot, some of the other mini Factions (Inquest, Nightmare Court etc) could be a good fight if they ever get the power boost they need.
I know who I dont like fighting – the Human Seperatists in the Charr zones, kinda sympathise with them. Also killing Skrit feels kinda wrong…Probably have to go with…. the RISEN!
Pure, dead, evil. You are doing them a favour putting them out of their misery, and your helping the cause by defeating the dragons minions.

www.auroraglade.eu – Community Site for Aurora Glade!

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I like centaurs because they pose a good diversity of tactics, with some that charge, some that range, knock-downs and cripples. I feel like they have some personality.

For style, I like the nightmare court.

I don’t care for the risen. Zombies are sooo derivative and overdone. For a game that strove to avoid elves and dwarves, they really failed to exercise any imagination there, just applied the same formula from every other game.

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

I love fighting Branded, Ghosts, Nightmare Court and Sons of Svanir (or any hostile norn, though they’re rare outside of these guys).

Can’t stand Krait, Gryphons and getting bored of Centaur. I also can’t stand having to fight Quaggan, though that’s because they’re too cute, even if they are corrupted by Jormag.

Posted by: Blizt.3086

Blizt.3086

Hard questions…I like fighting a lot of mobs in the game, they are all very unique. But excluding the combat ability aside, I probably love Ooze the most! Why? That’s so simple, they’re slime and cute XD (they’re my favorite mob to morph into too)

Risen imo is not “boring” to fight, they’re as unique as many other mobs, but the thing is: There are way too many of them.

Most other maps, I see other mobs after walking some distance. And any map that shows trace of Risen? I walked, Risen, more Risen, horde of Risen! -_-

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

Of the dragon minions…

Branded are best. They’re not obnoxiously annoying like risen, they’re not immune to a damage type or spam chill like Destroyers and Icebrood respectively, and they look awesome.

The Branded Army is an awesome event for 2-5 players out in Iron Marches.

Of all mobs…it’s too hard to say.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Bunny’s…dont trust those kittens..take a good look at their creepy little eyes and you’ll see what i mean.I won’t rest untill ive slayed every evil bunny on Tyria.

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

My targets in WvW.
Why? Cause they dont drop junk loots but its hell loads of fun if i kill em.
Yes IF, im not Forum Lords that could kill anyone everytime lol

Posted by: WasAGuest.4973

WasAGuest.4973

Personally; “real” undead would be a winner.
Shambling and Rotting Zombies that spread a plague, disease when close to them.
Skeletons and Wraiths that chill when too close.
Wraiths that drain life with each attack.

These kind of undead are probably my favorite types of foes – though, that’s likely because my favorite PnP D&D games often had us against legions of undead; and the DM made sure they were dread foes.

Posted by: zargnath.9524

zargnath.9524

World Invaders. Cause when you kill them it means somebody get’s like “KITTEN” somewhere else in the world.

Also enjoy killing ghosts of ascalon

Gnarl Blackfur – Charr ranger
Bob – Four legged shapeshifter
HeXagonis [HeX]

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Keep defenders, the AI they put into these guys seems almost like a real person is controlling them.

Posted by: Inosus.3012

Inosus.3012

I like fighting skillpoint challenge bosses, PQ bosses, things i find in a gladiator ring, etc. Influenced by the previous games I used to play that had a lot to do with dueling a humongous baddy of some kind. I would mention dungeon bosses or dragons, but a lot of the time I find that its so terribly easy to switch to a ranged weapon and press random keys while others tank that it takes all the fun out of fighting them.

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

Corrupted sons of Svarnir and anything none risen…

Posted by: aliquis.9180

aliquis.9180

Grawl, because they walk and talk funny.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Invaders/Defenders on WvWvW

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Drakes, those gator-like things are fun to get behind and trick into breathing fire, poison, or ice into thin air.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Alexander Dragonfang.1759

Alexander Dragonfang.1759

Even if enemies are really, really repetitive.

Branded enemies looks epic, the members of the flame legion too.

I like the style of risen, most people think “meh, zombies” but they actually are somewhat diferent, they are all “populated” by corals and kitten that style is really new, but seriusly, the problem is that they are too many… But, this should not surprise anyone, we are facing the tide, the tide is this, a coral infinite army =X

I seriusly expect to see new enemy models soon, im tired of see diferent coloured enemies in all maps, like drakes for example.

Posted by: AvivKing.5863

AvivKing.5863

the German – number 1 enemies

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

Branded charr, all I can say is that they look amazing! I want it to be an armor set for them.

Playable Tengu please!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Need more memorable enemies. A group of powerful fighters with an army; warband leaders and such, like the Knight of Embers in Sylvari story and Faolain of the nightmare court. With battles as big as the Mad King’s

Anything but Mursaat. I’m scared of those coming back. Alas I’m sure my old nemesis’s will return.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

Anything non-risen. Because turbo zombies on steroids are just lame.

Also I like skritt. Adorable creatures

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

Inquest, by far..

Risen need to never been seen again..

Posted by: samrogan.9132

samrogan.9132

I really enjoy the more mythical and unique creatures like the shade and minoraurs. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE this game. However, one thing that really peeves me about most modern mmos is the lack of diverse and different creatures. I mean, I am in a complete alternate reality, so why are there so many boars/wolves/cats.

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

Veteran Jellyfish\

I just don’t think they get any love…

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Risen. I love to hate them. Putrifier and Wizards in particular. They are so freaking annoying, and therefore it feels great to kill them en masse. Oh, and the Eye of Zhaitan. God da?n unblockable laser.

Dropkicking Jotun are also very high on my list.

(edited by ASB.4295)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Fire Legion, because fighting Charr is in my blood from GW1. Same goes for Grawl.

Posted by: prenavo.3926

prenavo.3926

For some reason, I’ve always enjoyed the mass slaughter of Skritt.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Anything that doesn’t knock down for 3 seconds -_-

I wouldn’t them so much if the dodge mechanic dodged as soon as you press it, instead of how evades only come into effect when you’re halfway through the animation…