Who cares about mini's ?

Who cares about mini's ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Czinczar.3786

Czinczar.3786

Hello !
Am I the only one who totally doesn’t care about minis ? I mean they are totally useless and aesthetically speaking they look like nothing. The problem is that we are receiving minis as rewards for living story achievements, as if EVERYONE wanted only minis, and I would love to have a choice between minis and something else as reward.

I don’t like minis, are you in the same situation ? Do you find strange players who want to have them all ? Speak up !

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

Mickey loves Mini.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Funny, I’ve been meaning to make a topic for mini collectors to discuss their favourites and why they like them so much.

But you could say the same for most of the other rewards. I did the new story instance today and I got yet another back item skin. I have 5 characters and even I can’t use all the back skins I’ve gotten as rewards.

What’s the alternative? Give us something useful that’s not available elsewhere and people who missed out will complain. Give us something that is available elsewhere and it’s not much of a reward because most people who want it would already have it.

At least with minis people who do like them have a use for more than one or two and many of them can be sold if you’re not interested. (Personally I think they should all be tradeable so people who don’t like them can at least get some gold, but that’s a different topic.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’ve missed too many to be an avid collector, but I have no issue with them.

The way the Wintersday meta is done with a choice between mini and present is a good way of counterbalancing the rewards for those who don’t want mini’s – I’d happily see more of this idea being implemented

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Czinczar.3786

Czinczar.3786

Funny, I’ve been meaning to make a topic for mini collectors to discuss their favourites and why they like them so much.

But you could say the same for most of the other rewards. I did the new story instance today and I got yet another back item skin. I have 5 characters and even I can’t use all the back skins I’ve gotten as rewards.

What’s the alternative? Give us something useful that’s not available elsewhere and people who missed out will complain. Give us something that is available elsewhere and it’s not much of a reward because most people who want it would already have it.

At least with minis people who do like them have a use for more than one or two and many of them can be sold if you’re not interested. (Personally I think they should all be tradeable so people who don’t like them can at least get some gold, but that’s a different topic.)

I don’t understand why people who miss things should have a right to complain ? The stuff is here for 2 or 4 weeks. and if you are talking about people who jump into the game 3 or 4 years after its release, then they have even less the right to complain.

And I am sure Anet can come with ideas for rewards, it’s not just like mini’s were the only possible reward. Give us an inventory slot for one char as reward for example. Give use for example something that is introduced in the gemstore…

Bottom line, for me, if you give me a mini as reward, I feel there is no reward at all.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Minis, Back items, tonics and tittles are great ways to reward a player for others look at him and say “look! he did that stuff”, I’m a bit jealous of people that have the mini Liadri for example.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

If it’s any consolation to those who don’t like minis, you can get 100 Giant Wintersday Gifts for completing the Wintersday meta achievement instead of a mini.

I think there’s a good mix of minis and other things as rewards.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

I’m a fan of minis, harkening back to my GW1 days. And it’s really cool when battling Teq in a TTS-staged overflow seeing and hearing dozens of mini Teqs flying and roaring around the Zerg.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

To be honest, I haven’t bothered with them and won’t bother with them because they do not increase anything on my character in any noticeable way.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Hello !
Am I the only one who totally doesn’t care about minis ? I mean they are totally useless and aesthetically speaking they look like nothing. The problem is that we are receiving minis as rewards for living story achievements, as if EVERYONE wanted only minis, and I would love to have a choice between minis and something else as reward.

I don’t like minis, are you in the same situation ? Do you find strange players who want to have them all ? Speak up !

I loved collecting mini’s in all the mmo’s I played. But that stopped in GW2. Collecting mini’s is mainly a gold-grind and / or a grind against time. There is no fun in collecting mini’s in GW2.
BTW thats the same for about anything you can collect in GW2. They made ‘collecting’ not fun.

Reason behind it is the way they try people to buy gems. That results in game-design decisions that ruined this whole part of the game.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I got a complete collection of ALL minis ingame.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I like the occasional mini that fleshes out a theme for a character.

My Sword + horn/longbow warrior has a mini-drake to look more like a ranger.
My Asura engineer has a holiday golem toy following him around.
My necromancer has the Wings of the Sunless and a matching mini-Tequatl for a familiar.
My guardian with Infinite Light has a mini-harpy (they carry the same sword)

Its not a big deal, but they can be amusing.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I find minis pointless because they are so slow that it isn’t even near your character unless you are standing still. Even then it stands so far away you would think your character had not bathed in months. Then of course every time you change zones you have to activate your mini again. I think they would be a cool way to to show your character’s personality a bit more if it were not for those issues. They don’t really do much for me when I turn around to see it half a map away.

The Burninator

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

I like mini’s cause if I give my girlfriend a mini = Win/Win for both

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: DietPepsi.4371

DietPepsi.4371

My lil’ bud Gadget:

Attachments:

You stand to benefit more from making friends than making enemies.

Also I hate my user ID.

Who cares about mini's ?

Devata.6589

I don’t understand why people who miss things should have a right to complain ? The stuff is here for 2 or 4 weeks. and if you are talking about people who jump into the game 3 or 4 years after its release, then they have even less the right to complain.

And I am sure Anet can come with ideas for rewards, it’s not just like mini’s were the only possible reward. Give us an inventory slot for one char as reward for example. Give use for example something that is introduced in the gemstore…

Bottom line, for me, if you give me a mini as reward, I feel there is no reward at all.

Yeah they should not complain. Everybody knows that people who play an MMO’s are not allowed to have lifes or do some other games for a while.

(edited by Devata.6589)

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I got loads of mini’s in GW for my HoM but can’t be bothered in this game. In GW I always carried around my fav mini in my bag but don’t in this game. They should’ve been slightly improved over GW minis. Such as giving a slot for them or having options to always be active (or always activate in towns, similar to GW hide helm option) and it would have been great. Somehow they made them worse and I couldn’t care less though. I even put 3 Jenna’s, the one from the tower and the 3 from buying gems into my bank without using first and haven’t since.

I always remember in the first game coming up to a Xunlai Chest and there would always be at least 5 mini’s running around their owners. It’s rare in this game if see a mini at all in LA. Sad really

(edited by Paul.4081)

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

I completely agree with the OP. I couldn’t care less about minis and would love to have an alternative prize to select.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Every mini I have is one I have either won through an event, gotten in a BL chest, or gained through means other than outright purchasing a mini.

…I take that back… I bought a mini fire imp from the TP once.

I don’t have many, but I really like the ones I have.

I just wish I could afford a Jack-a-lop. If anyone wants to give me one for Wintersday, I would be ever so thankful

Level 80 Elementalist

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I am likely to sell them for gold to be honest so I tend to collect account bound only ones. Although with all the 3 packs you have to buy twice to get a 4th I kind of stopped bothering. That being said I do like Ho Ho Tron. Have a few of him now.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I collected minis in GW1 because of their trade value. I never really had much use for them otherwise. I don’t dislike them either though.

Personally I think it would be fine if there was a much larger pool of minis that were only available in game, were tradeable, and if the mini rewards for various activities were random.

Make the trade and collect aspect more of a mini-game while giving those who do not care for them the option to sell them for in game currency.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: TheJokester.4672

TheJokester.4672

Mickey loves Mini.

I would die and pay $100 for each mini of KH King Mickey Riku and Sora $350 for riku if he has his Road to the Dawn Keyblade!

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I love mini pets. :o

Some of my favorites are Mini Forest Grub, the Toy Golem, White Kitten, Liadri because she’s the devil, and the new Toxic Krait I like a lot because of how huge it is for a mini ;x

I miss my Celestial Bunny from GW1.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

Hello !

Nope…you are not the only one. I would not walk across the street for one. But…glad they are there for the folks that do like them.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Hello !

Nope…you are not the only one. I would not walk across the street for one. But…glad they are there for the folks that do like them.

If they add a Chicken mini it can cross the street for you and be your best friend. <3

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

Hello !

If they add a Chicken mini it can cross the street for you and be your best friend. <3

Ah yes….worth 800 gems at least.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

I love minis. The toys for Wintersday are wonderful. We need a slot to have our minis constantly out.

Also I’m still miffed they didn’t bring a SABunny minipet for the last SAB again. Tables have been flipped. =D

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I maintained a complete collection until guild minis came out. Now, I have a full set of group 2, my favourites from group 1, and some of the account bound ones.

So, I like minis!

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

this is why i care about them.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

Nah I don’t really care about them. I wanted to but the 3 main reasons I don’t are:

1. They are TOO mini. Really, they are so small that all detail or significance is lost unless you zoom right in on them

2. They don’t do anything. They could at least give us buffs or do some kind of noob damage/stuns to foes

3. They disappear when you deposit collectables. I really begrudge the thought of having to buy another 20 slot bag just to prevent this from happening. It’s shoddy programming. There should be an option on each individual item whether or not it gets deposited in collections. Or all minis should have to be manually deposited.

As for rewards for LS, give us things we need to craft Precursors, for goodness sake.

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

Tomlin,

1. Agree on the size they are a tad to small.

2. Mini’s give buffs? hmmm no. At best.. they could pick up loot for you AT BEST. If they implement minis with buffs that would be a horrible idea.

3. This is an easy fix you dont have to carry 20 of them around. If you like one just put it in a hidden bag with all your weapons sets, and food and stuff. They are safe there and will not go into storage automatically.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

Ok cool where do I get my free hidden 20 slot bag?

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Minis are there to make them cold hard cash. You don’t need them and they don’t do anything. They’re appealing to people who need to have a complete collection of something.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I like minis but Im still using liadri the concealing dark because of the prestige it brings. I can buy whatever mini I want at the moment, but I feel like liadri is the one that I really worked hard for..

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I don’t collect them either nor will I until they become more than just fluff (polymock).

For me they are a nice addition to the game only because ANet makes some mad $$$ off them and thus we get the benefit in patches and content.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I have a mini on each of my characters that suit them somehow- I have gotten all of them from the game in one way or another (except for the white kitten on my Ranger)

I almost always have one out.
I am dreaming of a mini slot so I don’t have to keep taking them out of my invisible bag.

The Wintersday meta will hopefully deliver the princess doll my baby Mesmer wants for xmas

Gunnar’s Hold

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I have a mini on each of my characters that suit them somehow- I have gotten all of them from the game in one way or another (except for the white kitten on my Ranger)

I almost always have one out.
I am dreaming of a mini slot so I don’t have to keep taking them out of my invisible bag.

The Wintersday meta will hopefully deliver the princess doll my baby Mesmer wants for xmas

An equipment slot for mini will be awesome.. I do hope they implement that.. I have seen a reddit datamined info about an item that lets us play with our mini (catch or something) and I sure hope they really put that in the game.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: thefinnster.7105

thefinnster.7105

me i loved minis or more accurately collecting them all its like pokemon gota catch em all mentality
sadly that changed recently for allot of reasons

1 last years xmas minis i was hopeing for a chance to get the ones i missed. I was asumeing we would get a chance to craft the ones i missed since you couldent craft them all last year

2 mini bloody prince sry but 20k candy corn for a seasonal mini was way more of a time/cash sink than i was prepared to do. For something that has no impact on the game

3 mini Mr sparkles rewarding players who attended gamescon over actual players was a realy bad move

4 the marketing of mini pets via micro transactions is getting out of control every liveing story patch they expect us to buy 2 sets of mini pets and combine 1 set for that aditional pet
this formula is being used way too often and with inflated gem prices has become too big a drain on my resources

its at a point where im allmost playing solely to make money just to buy mini pets and im not really makeing any personal progress
combine that with the empty spaces in my colection i will never fill now
i gave up on my colection and now im just geting what a can or what i think is worth going out my way to get

sorry but anet ruined mini pet collection for me with poor decisions,
If i cant get 1 mini pet why get any ?

Who cares about mini's ?

Devata.6589

I don’t collect them either nor will I until they become more than just fluff (polymock).

For me they are a nice addition to the game only because ANet makes some mad $$$ off them and thus we get the benefit in patches and content.

They make Anet cash-shop cash. That results in patches based on making more cash-shop cash and that so far has resulted in mainly patches that made the game worse.

But yeah you do hit a good point. For Anet they are nothing more then income and that sucks because, because of that they haven’t put the mini’s really so much in the world but mainly behind a currency grind or in the living story. Both extremely boring. There is no fun in collecting them this way. And then I am talking about the process of collecting them, not so much having them.

You know doing that quest-line that you know of will drop you this cool mini, of farming the heg out of a mob in some area, running in circles killing them and everything hoping the nest kill will drop him, or doing a dungeon every time hoping he drops. And even a craft leveling up this one more level so you know you can make this one cool mini.

Anet totally destroyed to fun in the process of collecting and the only way to fix that is by putting all the mini’s in the game. Something I don’t see them doing.

It’s now only still fun for people who just like to have the collecting complete and don’t mining grinding gold / living story and paying cash for it. Where is then the pride of having a mini? Having a full collecting just shows you love doing brainless, boring, repeating task.

What I also don’t like at all is that in your bank every mini has it’s own tab. That totally takes away the supprise of finding a new mini. Having a tab for mini’s is fine but that should simply have a general slot and every time you get a new mini a extra slot becomes available.

They really destroyed a awesome aspect of many mmo’s in there quest for money.

It’s also this sort of effects why I totally dislike F2P games because there focus on the cash-shop always results in this sort of bad game-decisions. From a game-point. I was interested in GW2 knowing that in GW1 Anet did not use a focus on the cash-shop to generate income but they had a focus on expansions. To bad they has to go the way of micro-transactions with GW2. It destroyed many elements of the game.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I don’t care. I see them as something only for achievement hunters, which I am not. The only ones I have are those of events.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I like the occasional mini that fleshes out a theme for a character.

My Sword + horn/longbow warrior has a mini-drake to look more like a ranger.
My Asura engineer has a holiday golem toy following him around.
My necromancer has the Wings of the Sunless and a matching mini-Tequatl for a familiar.
My guardian with Infinite Light has a mini-harpy (they carry the same sword)

Its not a big deal, but they can be amusing.

That’s what I do as well… Not all of my characters have their own mini yet, but if they do, it’s one that fits the character.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: SadWolf.7654

SadWolf.7654

I’d only care about minis if:

1) We had a mini slot in our character sheet and can equip one without it disappearing everytime we change maps, deposit collectibles etc.

2) They could actually catch up with us and not fall behind.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I just wish they would let us fight them. I laughed my kitten off when I saw the squirrels in Rift fighting. Get one of each (Fire, Ice, Earth, and Lightning) and it was hilarious to see them zapping one another.

If GW2 ever implements mini pet arenas, I’ll the the first one in line.

Level 80 Elementalist

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Mickey loves Mini.

I would die and pay $100 for each mini of KH King Mickey Riku and Sora $350 for riku if he has his Road to the Dawn Keyblade!

I’d throw money down for Goofy and his shield or Xion.

As for minis that do exist in game, I love them because Chauncey von Snuffles III.
At least they don’t take up space like the various back pieces I’ll probably never use.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

i like minis a lot…
i totally hate wintersday reward minis expecially if they are the same from the 2012 event….

my fave are doliaks, moas and chauncey von snuffles III obviously…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I’d only care about minis if:

1) We had a mini slot in our character sheet and can equip one without it disappearing everytime we change maps, deposit collectibles etc.

2) They could actually catch up with us and not fall behind.

1) is it really that much trouble to get it out again after you map? Or do you map every 5 seconds? The second doesn’t happen to me. My minis have a spot in my safe bags.

2) I agree with that one…

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I dont see the craze for minis. I dont need them, dont want them. I have a few and 99.9% of the time I don’t even know I have them nor do i remember to take one out every once in a while.

But, some people like them.

How about as a meta achieve reward, choose mini or skin

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: ehjhey.1894

ehjhey.1894

The only reason I don’t care for mini’s in because they always freaking despawn when changing zones so I have to keep clicking them to show them off. That and because I “deposit collectable” often, without a locked inventory bag means that they just end up in my bank :/

I haven’t tried using one in a bit though….did they fix the despawning yet?

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

I’d care more about minis if they weren’t creepy. Why do we have tiny people following us around?

I’m all for organic or mechanical minis, just not human/other sentient races.

Who cares about mini's ?

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

I like miniatures. But i gave up on displaying them since every time i use deposit all collectables it goes back to storage, which is annoying. Its also annoying to have to click it every time i move between zones.

We need charachter slot for minis!!!