Who else is expecting VIP account?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

I was really doubtful that Anet was going to bring Chinese clients to EU/NA, but sadly they did. Now everything is being timegated and dumb down, and there are even more restrictions in leveling character.
Now we are prone to having potato famine (bye bye cheap cup of potato fries) and in a month or two, we will start seeing new players trying out dungeons, only to fail because

1. New players never really needed to use other skills other than 1 to kill mobs
2. Veteran players would start leaving because of returning dungeon bugs / unplayable dungeons (Arah p2 as of moment cannot be played, most of fractals got even more difficult)
3. The casual nature of this game effectively destroys any constructive criticism in dungeon/party chat (Ex. kick any player that says anything about anyone’s build since there are no more opener status.)
4. Remaining veteran players like myself will refuse to pug dungeons with new players since anet lowered overall standard for new players and find a guild or two that only welcomes experienced dungeon runners.
5. Increased difficulty in fractals, even lower level ones, contradicts ANET’s spoonfeeding approach to new players. (New players will try fractal and leave since they can’t beat it by spamming 1).
6. Lack of traits prevent any damage gained from damage modifier as well as supporting the party as whole.

With all the up and downs in the difficulty, I’m sure anet is going to implement VIP account where VIPS are given 50% damage modifier item for certain hours, instant leveling to 40, instant skill unlocks at low level, ability to summon bank/tp/merchant at any given time as long as the user is in VIP status, instant trait unlocks and so on.

My thought is that instead of giving us new contents, anet is making this game challenging by bringing many inexperienced players and forcing veteran players to cope through, and eventually replacing veterans with new players, effectively making existing contents “difficult and hard to achieve”. And this VIP system alongside gemstore will of course generate even more revenue because gem store items and VIP items will be treated as “convenient items” instead of what they really are, pay to play the game the way it was designed 2 years ago.

Tour

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

Most likely they will introduce it alongside a lot more systems to help you out play the game and not be confused with all the confusing and complex game systems.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m fairly certain that around the time of the China launch they said the VIP system would never be added to EU/NA servers.

If it is then I’m going to need a new MMO.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

They are almost 100% certainly bringing VIP here. The VIP items are now linkable ingame. I saw a bunch of people linking them yesterday afternoon.

Hope you have $500 to be P2W, otherwise you are out of luck.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

This game will see a mass exodus if they did. Only the die-hard fanboys will remain. They are the ones that buy gems anyway.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

VIP items are linkable in game because the code for them is in the patch. We’ve had items linkable in game for a year that aren’t in game.

This has been in game forever.

[&AgHJrgAA]

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

They’re bringing the Chinese “teleport to a friend” function soon too, if you trust datamined info. So… yes, I won’t be surprised if they do.

I endured megaservers and their problems and effects on the living world, I endured the dumbing down of leveling with overcomplicating of traits… But I will likely not stay in the game if they implement the VIP system, regardless of what cool features they introduce along it. Some things could work in Asia with the natural “hierarchy” mentality… but we’re not Asia, we’re equal, independent and “proud”.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

I don’t live in China, I’m not Chinese, and I certainly don’t want the awful, Communized version of the game they have in any way, shape, or form.

They just keep poisoning the well with every update, with this one being the worst yet.

AlexEBT.7240

I’m fairly certain that around the time of the China launch they said the VIP system would never be added to EU/NA servers.

They also said they’ll not introduce the levelling systems from the chinese release to the western client. And they sure kept their promise……..for a few months.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

They also said they’ll not introduce the levelling systems from the chinese release to the western client. And they sure kept their promise……..for a few months.

Sorry but they never said that to my knowledge. If you have a quote showing that I’d love to see it.

What they did say was that they weren’t introducing a VIP account to the west, and that that was only for the Chinese market. To my knowledge that is all they said.

I’ve not seen anyone provide a quote that shows otherwise.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Some key people from GW2 development have moved from the game during that time IIRC.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

So long and thanks for all the fish. =/

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’m a pretty diehard fangirl. I’ll stick around if they introduce this, because it would probably save me money <3

I don’t really understand why people care about it. If you don’t want the perks …. don’t pay for it? I don’t know. If there’s something on the store I don’t care for, I don’t buy it. I don’t complain and say “I’m leaving the game because you introduced optional items that I don’t want!”

I’m not trying to be a jerk or anything. I just really want to know how this affects people so much.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Proof?

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I’m hoping so see this being implemented to see all the fans justifying it for not being bad.

AlexEBT.7240

Proof?

My mistake, you are right, they were thinking of implementing this incredible anti-confusion/ emotional distressing levelling system even before the chinese launch
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/20smr4/mike_obrien_interview_on_the_chinese_version_of/

(edited by AlexEBT.7240)

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

I’m a pretty diehard fangirl. I’ll stick around if they introduce this, because it would probably save me money <3

I don’t really understand why people care about it. If you don’t want the perks …. don’t pay for it? I don’t know. If there’s something on the store I don’t care for, I don’t buy it. I don’t complain and say “I’m leaving the game because you introduced optional items that I don’t want!”

I’m not trying to be a jerk or anything. I just really want to know how this affects people so much.

It’s a matter of how you want to support the game. If they would ask me for money to create new content, I would atleast dumb 10€ per month into the game, only asking for them to keep their promises. If they want me to buy something from the gemstore, or even pay for VIP status, then no, I’ll never gonna do that. I’m not supporting such bold strategy to fund their game.

Lilith Ajit.6173

It’s a matter of how you want to support the game. If they would ask me for money to create new content, I would atleast dumb 10€ per month into the game, only asking for them to keep their promises. If they want me to buy something from the gemstore,or even ay for VIP status, then no, I’ll never gonna do that. I’m not supporting such bold strategy to fund their game.

Okay but how does having a VIP status that you don’t want affect you in any way?

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I don’t like microtransactions in general. GW2 is currently the sole exception because IMO they’ve done a very good job of sticking to selling things no one needs (but lots of people want).

I do buy gems with real money to get things I want from the gem store, but it’s very important to me that none of it is needed to play the game and it won’t affect my ability to play any of the content if I don’t.

From what I’ve heard about it the VIP system is the complete opposite of that. If you don’t pay for it you are very definitely a second tier player and will suffer as a result. Gem store prices are much higher, you have to pay to identify dyes, you can’t ressurect other players (or possibly there are limitations on who/how often, I’ve heard mixed things on this), can’t join friends who are in a different copy of the map, your bank and bag space is much more restricted, you get less traits, less skill points (not really an issue admittedly) and possibly even some skills are VIP exclusive.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

HHR LostProphet.4801

It’s a matter of how you want to support the game. If they would ask me for money to create new content, I would atleast dumb 10€ per month into the game, only asking for them to keep their promises. If they want me to buy something from the gemstore,or even ay for VIP status, then no, I’ll never gonna do that. I’m not supporting such bold strategy to fund their game.

Okay but how does having a VIP status that you don’t want affect you in any way?

It affects them. ArenaNet is already heavily favoring the gem store. There is no update to the game whithout the gem store getting a piece from that pie. I don’t want to support that, I want the opposite. If we compare the skins added to the regular game and the skins added behind a paywall, we all know which has gotten more skins.

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

lol in a way Anet is giving us “Cantha” right?
But probably not the Cantha we wanted

And yes i think Anet will implement VIP system sooner or later.
This is probably another last ditch effort command from NCSoft to wring
out every last drop of money out of the franchise.

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I don’t like microtransactions in general. GW2 is currently the sole exception because IMO they’ve done a very good job of sticking to selling things no one needs (but lots of people want).

I do buy gems with real money to get things I want from the gem store, but it’s very important to me that none of it is needed to play the game and it won’t affect my ability to play any of the content if I don’t.

From what I’ve heard about it the VIP system is the complete opposite of that. If you don’t pay for it you are very definitely a second tier player and will suffer as a result. Gem store prices are much higher, you have to pay to identify dyes, you can’t ressurect other players (or possibly there are limitations on who/how often, I’ve heard mixed things on this), can’t join friends who are in a different copy of the map, your bank and bag space is much more restricted, you get less traits, less skill points (not really an issue admittedly) and possibly even some skills are VIP exclusive.

Yeah this jogs a memory. I’m sure a guy made a thread here about that VIP system. I really didn’t like the sound of it.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

Apparently you don’t understand that taking things that were originally part of the game and then repackaging them as “VIP,” forcing people to pay for it, does indeed have an effect on us.

This is tantamount to creating a disease and then offering a cure… for a price. Now again, how does that not affect us?

Lilith Ajit.6173

The difference is, there’s no indication that having it brought in would actually affect your play style at all. It would improve the experience of the players who buy it, but not even anet, who has made some questionable decisions, would think that suddenly screwing over the majority of the player base by making it harder for you. They’re not going to introduce restrictions to your 2 year old account.

The personal story for instance is not the exact same reward system as china. They decided to keep the key for level 10. They’re not going to take away things and features to veteran players in that manner for a VIP status gem store option. It’ll probably be: 10$ for gem store discounts, free goodkes, and other cosmetic upgrades that you don’t need to worry about if you don’t want them.

[ARES]

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well you’ll do 50% more damage than me… be able to run to and complete events faster than I can even get there, you’ll get free precursors making you rich and driving up the prices for everything else until I can’t afford anything, you’ll be able to trade more items more frequently than me locking me out of mats and crafting…. Should I go on?

VIP in this game means I am not.

HHR LostProphet.4801

The difference is, there’s no indication that having it brought in would actually affect your play style at all. It would improve the experience of the players who buy it, but not even anet, who has made some questionable decisions, would think that suddenly screwing over the majority of the player base by making it harder for you. They’re not going to introduce restrictions to your 2 year old account.

What play style? You pay only to pay less for other things. This game is regressing, it would be either paying for the stuff they add or “working” until you got enough gold to buy the stuff. That is not playing, that is not fun.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Meh. I don’t care. I don’t think it hurts you. And if it comes and when it doesn’t hurt you I’ll smile and nod. If it does hurt you waves (which is so beyond unlikely that I can’t even understand how you would think it would happen).

Good day all.

[ARES]

HHR LostProphet.4801

It would kill my fun, knowing this is the direction the game is evolving. I would stop playing and probably never start again. That would happen.

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

They promised not to bring the VIP system, but a new name is found quickly, don’t you worry about that.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

VIP = P2W
and I would leave the game if any such thing was added.

OP, I reckon players would leave n droves, that anet will not even consider adding such thing.
I love this game, but I have no problem playing something else instead. I’ll go back to my offline games.

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Yeah don’t expect a VIP membership for this game OP…

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

out of curiosity, does anyone know what the benefits of a VIP account are in china, over a normal account?

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

They never said that. They did say that the VIP stuff would not come to NA/EU though. It was a concern that actually warranted a red post response.

However, if they were ever that stupid, and yes I feel it would be stupid of them to bring that here, both my husband and I would no longer play.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

AlexEBT.7240

They never said that. They did say that the VIP stuff would not come to NA/EU though. It was a concern that actually warranted a red post response.

However, if they were ever that stupid, and yes I feel it would be stupid of them to bring that here, both my husband and I would no longer play.

I’ll copy paste my response “My mistake, you are right, they were thinking of implementing this incredible anti-confusion/ emotional distressing levelling system even before the chinese launch
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/20smr4/mike_obrien_interview_on_the_chinese_version_of

So yeah god knows what they have in store for us next.

Posted by: Thiagugu.9682

Thiagugu.9682

Guys, not gonna happen. Stop freaking out.

“Don’t be discouraged, darling. You can’t help being inferior.”

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’ll copy paste my response “My mistake, you are right, they were thinking of implementing this incredible anti-confusion/ emotional distressing levelling system even before the chinese launch
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/20smr4/mike_obrien_interview_on_the_chinese_version_of

So yeah god knows what they have in store for us next.

Wasn’t being snippy. Sorry missed your other post.

Sadly, I honestly think they think that they were being helpful. Between the number of threads voicing confusion on this, that, or the other thing, the various voices chorusing that the game needs a better tutorial, they probably felt “this” was a means of addressing that. I don’t necessarily agree, but all I can do is voice my thoughts on the matter.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Phantom Wolf.2031

Phantom Wolf.2031

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did, in fact, with all these (bad) changes, I would be surprised if they didn’t. It would mean they still got a strong ‘spine’.