Posted by: Wreatch.3812

Wreatch.3812

Dungeons
Loot tables
WVW
SPVP
Overworld
TP

I am of the belief that many are on the brink, and if they(we) do not see massive changes, the flood of people disappearing will become a deluge.

Some will say well there is no monthly fee so thats ok they will be back and sure, that may be true for some, but for a lot of folks, once they have made up their mind, thats it.

I see massive changes/fixes coming, hopefully for the better, but fear too little too late for a lot of things.

Who else smells massive changes incoming

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

If it weren’t for the fact that I still can’t server xfer to play with friends because half the servers are full 24/7 and the other half are high, you’d have a point. Too much time on forums not enough in game imo.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

How about a new zone, dungeon, and DE’s?

Collin mentioned a beta for a new sPvP map coming during the update on the 15th/16th.

Posted by: Wreatch.3812

Wreatch.3812

For the record i play a lot, and am not speaking on my behalf, but on the hundreds of threads i read each day while reading about my beloved game.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Let’s hope so, especially SPvP balancing.

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

If it weren’t for the fact that I still can’t server xfer to play with friends because half the servers are full 24/7 and the other half are high, you’d have a point. Too much time on forums not enough in game imo.

I agree in general, BUT servers can be full with inactive people.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I’m pretty sure with the new update, prices of things will increase yet again ._. It the halloween event, so now I’m pretty scared of new updates :|

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

Strange.

Our guild just had a massive influx of people coming over from Runes of Magic. I see continous overflows in Lions Arch again. There’s people running all over the world, including the mid-level zones around 50.

And all of this after transferring to this server with the guild a week or two after launch because of the long queues for WvW on our old server that was much, much more densely populated.

Clearly, the game is dying. Abandon ship!

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

anet needs to ban all those botters / gold sellers then perhaps a lot of server space will be freed up.

Posted by: Ned Stark.9356

Ned Stark.9356

Strange.

Our guild just had a massive influx of people coming over from Runes of Magic. I see continous overflows in Lions Arch again. There’s people running all over the world, including the mid-level zones around 50.

And all of this after transferring to this server with the guild a week or two after launch because of the long queues for WvW on our old server that was much, much more densely populated.

I see a little brown on your nose

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Game is packed with people. What to do.

Posted by: Amlin.6041

Amlin.6041

I’m not here to white knight for this game, but as someone that played the original Guild Wars, you gotta have a different mindset than what you’re used to with other MMOs. In fact just throw it out the window.

The most important thing one needs to remember about GW games is this: No commitments. That usually explains what you may perceive as a population decline is simply players just not logging on to do something else, play the new Halo, whatever.

With no commitments and fairly easy to attain goals (not counting legendaries of course) a person can finish their checklist pretty quickly and likely won’t have much else to do.

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Strange.

Ha, I came over form Runes of Magics too after 2+ years of playing it. Felt like upgrading from b/w oldschool gameboy to gameboy adv with color!

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

tbh, I don’t take threads like this serious anymore. On any MMO forum, even WoW, there are people yelling “ohmagod this game is dying and if they fix A and b it’s going to be all right but now it’s DYYYYIINNGG”.

In the end, I am still having fun, my server is still heavily populated, content updates keep coming and I’m not reading anywhere that Anet is planning to pull the plug out of GW1, let alone GW2.

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Leaked patch notes:

• Downed state has been disabled in all PVP zones.
  • WVW: all players now spawn with 2 supply. Engineers can now pick up to 12 supply, up from the default 10.
  • WVW: taking keeps and towers now have a slight chance to drop siege blueprints.
  • The effect of quickness has been reduced to a 50% attack speed increase, down from 100%. Durations have been generally increased by 20-25%.
  • The cost of world portals have been reduced by 50%.
  • Thief: Backstab damage reduced by 25%.
  • Mesmer: Portals are now capped at 5-15 people, cap is inversely proportional to the distance between the portal entry and exit.
  • Ele: Base attunement recharge is now 12 seconds, reduced from 15. Arcana now increases attunement recharge rate by 1.2%/point, down from 2%.
    Necro: all bugs fixed.
    Warrior: Damage from 100 blades has been reduced by 15%, but now no longer roots the player on use.

If only..

downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

Posted by: Naoko.7096

Naoko.7096

Many players will wish that the dungeons should be tweaked.
Every dungeons should get it’s difficulty level should go down to CoF and AC level.

All dungeons should make the players end within 30-40minutes. I experienced dungeons which can last up to 1~4 hours per run even with a couple of experience players in the party. It’s annoying and a waste of effort. This is the reason why players rather play CoF and AC. It’s not because they are easy. It’s because they’re doable with their set amount of time and effort. Time = Rewards. Draggy dungeons that last for 1~4 hours aren’t fun at all. You even had to repeat several times for 1 piece of armor.

I just hope the devs don’t make a shortcut solution to increase difficulty of CoF and AC just because many players prefer to play these 2 dungeons and ignored the rest. Instead, I wish that nerf down the difficulty and time spent for other dungeons to suit it’s rewards.

Posted by: FluffyDoe.7539

FluffyDoe.7539

Nope. I’m done with the speculations- until we see results, it is what it is; “needs a lot of improvements”.

EDIT: Thx for the checklist NetherDiver. Now I just need to find the corresponding items to check things off…………….

(edited by FluffyDoe.7539)

NetherDiver.6079

Posted by: azmodeus.3409

azmodeus.3409

there is still a large influx of people joining the game…

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

there is still a large influx of people joining the game…

yep

you can see it from the large numbers of total newbies asking basic questions in the low level areas, they’re everywhere

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The main thing they should adress are the things that frustrate players. Frustration is never a good sign among your playerbase, regardless of what you aim to achieve with the game.

If chaning a droprate from insane to just very rare makes your players happy, if lowering the boss’ health (and thus the time it takes), then by all means, do so. There’s no reason not to. The difficulty won’t decrease. Just the frustration levels.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I just really really hope they will make pvp more interesting,more diversity in maps and tbh i think the 4k ranking points needed to level is a bit too high,and if it doesn’t change atleast change the reward.I mean 4k points basically for one chest is just absurd.

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

I’m not here to white knight for this game, but as someone that played the original Guild Wars, you gotta have a different mindset than what you’re used to with other MMOs. In fact just throw it out the window.

The most important thing one needs to remember about GW games is this: No commitments. That usually explains what you may perceive as a population decline is simply players just not logging on to do something else, play the new Halo, whatever.

With no commitments and fairly easy to attain goals (not counting legendaries of course) a person can finish their checklist pretty quickly and likely won’t have much else to do.

The problem is, GW2 is most definitely an MMO. Unlike the first GW, these population issue will kill the game, because of that very important difference.

B2P or not, they need people to stay interested in the game, and the more empty it gets, the less people are going to care enough to come back. Ever. It is a downward spiral that will sink the game just as much as it would in a subscription based MMO.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

The problem is, GW2 is most definitely an MMO. Unlike the first GW, these population issue will kill the game, because of that very important difference.

B2P or not, they need people to stay interested in the game, and the more empty it gets, the less people are going to care enough to come back. Ever. It is a downward spiral that will sink the game just as much as it would in a subscription based MMO.

On one hand, yes and even moreso than other MMOs due to dependance on groups for group events. On the other hand, there’s still people flocking to this game, so this problem is not present as of yet.

Furthermore, the non-commitment will actually create a stable bottom line of diverse players who come back and go creating an ever changing mass of players so activity is pretty much constant. As long as high-tier zones are properly populated, such problems don’t present themselves.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

A lot should change yes. There’s a difference between difficult and just frustrating…Anet should find a way to make things difficult but not frustrating. Frustrated players are bad for the game.

The clocktower puzzle for example, was spot on in my case. It was a hard challenge, and took many attempts, yet at no point did I get frustrated or angry.

The Risen in Orr on the other hand, while easy to defeat, really grind my gears when they pull/stunlock/fear me for the umpteenth time.

Those issues really should be adressed.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Strange.

What server are you on. I’m on Borlis Pass right now and it’s pretty bad. There are still people, but seeing anyone outside of LA yelling for groups is a bit rare past the starting zones.

Since apparently server merges aren’t coming in any time soon at least we could all transfer to where there are a few people. None of my friends log in anymore anyway.

BTW to the guy that mentioned he can’t play with his friends, you guys should all transfer to BP. Then maybe I could see 3 or 4 people not afking all the kitten time.

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

Posted by: Vangy.7403

Vangy.7403

i prefer fixing proffesions problems mostly bugs and then we can dream about MORE Features… I prefer Less Features but solid. Rathen than TONS of Bugged Content!!!

NetherDiver.6079

i prefer fixing proffesions problems mostly bugs and then we can dream about MORE Features… I prefer Less Features but solid. Rathen than TONS of Bugged Content!!!

They have different teams working on bug fixing and new content.

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

What server are you on. I’m on Borlis Pass right now and it’s pretty bad. There are still people, but seeing anyone outside of LA yelling for groups is a bit rare past the starting zones.

Abbadon’s Mouth[DE].

I rarely see people yelling for groups but there’s people running around all the time, so I team up with them for champs / vets, I get ressed or res others. Mostly without formal grouping, though. It does happen that people ask for groups in chat, but it seems that’s not a thing over here; it’s quite rare. But then again, I never really noticed it even when after head-start, you could barely join the game.

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Abbadon’s Mouth[DE].

I rarely see people yelling for groups but there’s people running around all the time, so I team up with them for champs / vets, I get ressed or res others. Mostly without formal grouping, though. It does happen that people ask for groups in chat, but it seems that’s not a thing over here; it’s quite rare. But then again, I never really noticed it even when after head-start, you could barely join the game.

I think what happened here was people pushed through all of the content super fast. Relatively soon after release we had people in LA doing the lfg X exp when I was still in the starter zones. It peaked last month. Picked up again at halloween, and now is dead again. I probably picked one of those servers that push for pve progression and then migrate to another game while waiting on new content. It’s almost impossible to do many of the events because there just aren’t people around to do them.

I’m certain on a more casual/pvp/regular server I would be having a blast. I didn’t level as fast as the “herd” so now I’m pretty much screwed. 5 hours spent yesterday trying to find people to run any story mode, group of 3 is as far as we got.

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Anecdotally:
They wont come back. My friends and guilds didnt come back for Halloween. Only 1 of about 50 checked in for about 1 hour.
Once they are out the door they are done. The guilds site was scrubbed of gw2 as well.
Yes I am on the verge mainly due to RNG on Legendaries – havent really gone for one but franky no matter what I do I wont get one unless I buy gold from seller or get dumb lucky. Not based on hard work and dedication but luck not acceptable.

(edited by Narkosys.5173)

Posted by: azmodeus.3409

azmodeus.3409

under no circumstances shoule they cater too much to peoples whims. calling for dungeon nerfs, increased drop rates, etc…

people will alwyas be frustrated and whinning, but its importat the devs don’t change too much.

last game i played they made the rarer loot that took weeks to obtain, available with just several hours of play, they made epic dungeon modes with casual/normal/hard/epic with no reward for harder difficulties,….they killed thier game. instead of attracting more players and making people happy, people got bored quickly, and the vets moved on to other things.

also i recently switched servers to be able to run cof cus it was glitched from a full server to one that wasnt quite full, and this server seems completely empty in comparison even though it population is supposedly high. seems the difference between high and full is an enormous gap.

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

The absence of fee and gear grind mean people do not feel obligated to play in order to keep up or get their monies worth.

Activity in my guild dropped the week Borderlands 2 came out. And then it came back up slowly as people got their fill of that game. Then a few players dropped when Dishonored and Xcom launched, now those players have beaten the games and are coming back or jumping back and forth.

I expect activity drop off again for Halo 4 and Black-Ops 2. That’s just the nature of a game like this. And it was designed that way intentionally. Aesthetic progression means my friends in exotics now can take a break for life or to play other things they enjoy, come back when they feel like it, and still be able to do all the stuff the rest of the guild is doing. They just might not be in the current style.

This isn’t the type of MMO a lot of people are used to. Population is going to be up and down constantly. It was the same thing in GW. For whatever their reasons people will take a break, come back out of curiosity /boredom/to check in with people they used to play with or the game, see all the new stuff to do, play until they burn out on it again, repeat ad-nauseam.

The new additions to the community catch on to that trend eventually. Or just be perpetually confused.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

You Know what im doing now im at work, you know what will be doinb when i get home, playing halo 4 you know what im doing thursday playing guild wars with my guild