Who is at fault?

Who is at fault?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

I just want people’s opinions on the following funny situations that I witnessed.
I do not sell dungeons, I dont even have a Warrior.

Everyone knows about people selling Arah P2 in LFG Tool.
(No names will be mentioned in this thread)

Situation1:
So this Warrior ran the whole thing and posted “Selling Arah P2 5g at boss”.
Then comes another player into the Warrior’s team, and quickly runs and solos the boss. Both the Warrior and the other player(who didnt pay the Warrior at all) get the end reward. The Warrior could not do anything about it, as nobody else joined the team and you need 2 people to kick. If the Warrior decided to leave the team, then both of them would not get the reward, and the Warrior wasted his/her time running through Arah until the boss.

Situation2:
Then comes 2 other players into the Warrrior’s team, and one of them states that they will get the run for FREE, or nobody else will. So the Warrior gets both of them kicked out of the team quickly(with help of another party member who wanted to buy the path). They both join the Warrior’s party again using the LFG Tool, and quickly kick the Warrior out of the party and the instance.

Situation3:
Then comes another Warrior who is the first to join the team. When the other buyers join the team, the 2nd Warrior claims to be the instance owner and to pay him/her. The other party members are confused on who to mail 5g to.

In Situation1, the Warrior did not get gold from any buyers.
In Situation2, the Warrior is blackmailed into doing it for free.
In Situation3, the Warrior gets his/her run hijacked by another Warrior.

So is it wrong(or even considered an exploit) to just go into those “Selling Arah” parties and just get everything for free?

Discuss.

Who is at fault?

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

The person selling the run is doing nothing wrong or against the rules by selling the path. The people who took advantage of him in 1/2/3 are and should be subject to punishment if reported. Its possible to grief, we know that, but the seller isnt griefing, the people are.

Who is at fault?

Posted by: Adrift.8596

Adrift.8596

1. You have a ‘’ kick player ’’ option even if 2 ppl are in party and it removes a player in party without vote… not sure how it works in dungeons tho…

2. the whole idea of selling dungeons is BS since u have no insurance on both sides what so ever. Since u have such huge profit like 5×4+3=23g per run let them risk being scammed or try to scam ppl.

3. IT SHOULDN’t EVEN BE POSSIBLE TO SOLO dungeons especially ARAH… but of course Anets pet warrior does it all

Who is at fault?

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I’m going to say “you” in this post to mean the people joining the party and causing problems, but I don’t mean anyone in particular here.

I would say it’s pretty obviously wrong, because you’re screwing with or taking advantage of another person. It’s not a contest or competition, or a matter of strategy; you’re just ruining their time when they clearly spelled out what they wanted. I don’t know that it would be considered an exploit or against any rules, but it’s just plain inconsiderate.

I don’t even like dungeon selling, but this is basic “play nice with others” ethics. If you’re having a good time at the expense of others, and it’s not in a competitive scenario where that’s reasonably expected, there’s not much to say in defense of that, short of, “So? I don’t care. They should find a more secure hobby.”

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Who is at fault?

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

if i buy a dungeon run for 5g, i’m entitled to sit back and relax until the boss is killed…

join party—> grab popcorn —> watch runner kill boss —> grab reward, and pay 5g

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Who is at fault?

Posted by: Insyder.3871

Insyder.3871

Anet is at fault for giving us such poor group implementation. Every other mmorpg I played had group leader actually be a leader and be the only one who can kick players out of a group.

All of the situations could have been avoided if group leader (the one who starts the group) would have the kicking powers without voting and not being able to be kicked. Yes, this may be abused in some situations, but the benefits far outweigh the negatives imo.

While I never sold dungeon paths in gw2, I used to sell dungeon boss loot that’s bind on pick-up in another game. It’s a win-win for both the one who does the work and those that buy the loot/dungeon path. It was rare for someone to try and scam me to grab item without paying, but if they tried it never worked because I could easily kick them.

Who is at fault?

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

I just want people’s opinions on the following funny situations that I witnessed.

Situation1:
Then comes another player into the Warrior’s team, and quickly runs and solos the boss. Both the Warrior and the other player(who didnt pay the Warrior at all) get the end reward. The Warrior could not do anything about it, as nobody else joined the team and you need 2 people to kick. If the Warrior decided to leave the team, then both of them would not get the reward, and the Warrior wasted his/her time running through Arah until the boss.

Situation2:
Then comes 2 other players into the Warrrior’s team, and one of them states that they will get the run for FREE, or nobody else will. So the Warrior gets both of them kicked out of the team quickly(with help of another party member who wanted to buy the path). They both join the Warrior’s party again using the LFG Tool, and quickly kick the Warrior out of the party and the instance.

Situation3:
Then comes another Warrior who is the first to join the team. When the other buyers join the team, the 2nd Warrior claims to be the instance owner and to pay him/her. The other party members are confused on who to mail 5g to.

So is it wrong(or even considered an exploit) to just go into those “Selling Arah” parties and just get everything for free?

Discuss.

Situation 1 is funny. One guy is trying to make a few bucks, and so is the other. They’re both quite similar.

Situation 2 I’m not sure I follow. They all got kicked out? I guess they just sabotaged it for everyone? Quite lame.

Situation 3, why not just kick the silly Warrior that tried to get the money? That was deceitful of him. Probably the worst of these cases.

I liked the first scenario best, some kind of poetic justice there.

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

Who is at fault?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I don’t approve of dungeon selling (I think it goes against the spirit of the game), but the behaviour of the others is also pretty low. (Except maybe the first guy. After all, he’s doing the work himself to beat the final boss, yes?)

To each of the situations, I just say “/report and let Support sort it out”.

Who is at fault?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The fault is in posting an ad in the LFG tool.

“/report and let Support sort it out”.

ArenaNet doesn’t intervene in player made agreements, so really, the only situation where something report-worthy happens is when the guy who has done all the work gets kicked, since that’s classified as griefing. Even then, nothing is done unless the offender does it enough times to get noticed and become a problem.

Who is at fault?

Posted by: Ray.2640

Ray.2640

If you’re good at something, never do it for free…

I think it’s a cool thing for people who are good at dungeons to make some extra buck from people who are lazy. Sadly it’s based on trust which is usually hard to find in online games.

Who is at fault?

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Situation1:

Situation2:

Situation3:

Discuss.

Situation 1 is funny. One guy is trying to make a few bucks, and so is the other. They’re both quite similar.

Situation 2 I’m not sure I follow. They all got kicked out? I guess they just sabotaged it for everyone? Quite lame.

Situation 3, why not just kick the silly Warrior that tried to get the money? That was deceitful of him. Probably the worst of these cases.

I liked the first scenario best, some kind of poetic justice there.

In Situation2, the Warrior who did the run is “blackmailed”. He/she either runs it for FREE and everybody gets their share of gold(from end-reward), or they kick him/her out, thus ending the instance, and nobody gets anything. Then the 2 people move to the “next” Warrior in the LFG tool who is “Selling Arah P2 5g at boss” and do the blackmail process again etc. Got it now?

In Situation3, you have 2 Warriors on the team, the legitimate one who did the run, and the usurper. The next 3 people who join the team do NOT know which of the 2 Warriors is the legitimate instance owner, as both claim to be so in chat. They also do not know who to send the gold to. If there is an attempt to kick, they might kick the instance owner.

Who is at fault?

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

You sir have convinced me that selling paths is an absolute cancer on this game and it should be removed immediately.

Who is at fault?

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

“In the wrong” in what way exactly?

Selling dungeons is not supported by Arena.net, so anything you do in that sense is “at your own risk”.

All three cases are griefing, and the guys that join are real scum. Still, the dungeons are not owned by you, and if the party does not agree with your way of running it you can’t have a dungeon run. If you let griefers into your party, you can expect to be griefed.

Simply run dungeons with friends you can trust and forget the whole selling thing.

Who is at fault?

Posted by: Rehk.6574

Rehk.6574

I tried to do arah path 2 tonight with a guild group.

It was pretty unfun. We got to the second to last boss np, then ridiculousness ensued.

The boss has a handfull of moves that completely one shotted the entire party. There was a LAUGHABLE amount of time to dodge the one shot animation.

After about 6-8 tries and wipes, we called it. We couldn’t finish it.

NONE of the party members were “new” to the game. All were experienced and capable members.

The problem will selling dungeons, is a balance issue. These paths that are commonly sold need to be looked at and tweaked so they are runnable. We are tired of gimmicky one shot mechanics that you just HAVE to dodge or its all bust. Varied strategy is much more satisfying than being able to either simply “tank and spank” or die to the instant aoe pull of death followed by an aoe bomb. Oh…try to ranged? Electric orbs that also one shot, and bounce, and break crates. Good mechanic.

Stuff would be more fun if it was engaging and required varied levels of thought and perhaps avoided stagnant assortments of boss abilities. Variation is fun. Interaction is fun. Getting one shot….is not fun.

Route to success: Add variation in boss encounters, and or add more levels of interaction, and skill, less “you have .5 seconds to dodge this or you are one shot”

all this being said, let me thank anet for these boss fights I do enjoy rather much:

Path 1 AC Boss.
Path 2 AC Boss

Aether path bosses in TA
uncategorized fractal bosses

(edited by Rehk.6574)