Who likes the new leveling changes?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: UmbraVictor.9842

UmbraVictor.9842

Well the game is an insult now to the baby food with brain growth enhancers for the past 25 years.

Glad I didn’t have to go thru any of the new changes.

Time for ArcheAge.

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

Time for ArcheAge.

Yeah, that’s basically how I’ve been feeling for the last four days.

Posted by: Corvus.2831

Corvus.2831

“MY GAME IS TOO HARD, MY DOG STILL DOESNT UNDERSTAND IT” developer approach to design.

How are non obligatory game elements like gathering nodes, dodging ( at the starting levels not required due to low difficulty level), or auctioneer npc’s a hinderance to annyones progression? If someone is to stupid to understand the concepts of auctioneering npc 1. he SHOULD NOT be pandered to and 2. he can progress without ANNY problems annyway.

Arenanet, please understand that you are destroying your game by stripping elements that give it depth. You are pandering to your imaginary audience of idiots. If annything the game was to simple in general annyway and not overly complexe.

Enritch the world with quests tasks and random occurances instead of stripping away basic functionalities.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I will never know how good or bad the NPE experience is because (1) I am not a new player, and therefore am not the audience it is intended for; and (2) the trait system since Apr 15 is so stupid that I will never create another new character. I did try one to check out the trait system but at level 80 and 39% map completion I have 4 traits, and that is just pathetic. Will not do again.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Corvus.2831

I was a new player, and so were You, the game is easy and was easy since launch. now theyre stripping off metrica province and other starting zones of usefull npcs for absolutley no good reason.

Its not like existance of gathering nodes or auctioneers stopped annyone from progressing. Remooving those is using a 10 ton hammer to solve an imaginary problem.

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

I think the second skill unlock and third skill unlock should not take so long.
Yes they’re short, but pretty much auto attacking through the first ‘boss fight’ isn’t very fun.

Still holding off on utility skills and other things until we get clarification on what they didn’t intend to happen like it does now.

Aside from that I believe the trait system needs a rework. The base is better but I feel the actual implementation ended up poorly. I believe every trait unlock should be a fun exploration kind of thing that has absolutely no possible limitations (waiting for event to happen / overgrown grub pop to my mind).

The biggest improvement I think they made is explaining what power / precision / vitality / toughness do. It’s a really small addition when you’re leveling up. I’m a bit bias’d on this subject since I played the game at gamescom 2010 and 2011 where there were still different implementations of the characters attributes so switching over to them during beta was very confusing to me. I had no idea what armor to get, that toughness was the same as defence, that power was the same as weapon damage, that (precision – 822) / 21 = crit chance. It’s not too elaborate of an explanation but it’s still better than what we had before.

It’s still very unclear what is ‘good’ for a class, but I feel that’s an issue for new players around level 50. I do hope they adress it.

(edited by eekzie.5640)

Corvus.2831

I think whats good for your class shoudl be for You to feel out and decide for yourself. Ofc you can ask arround or even go on a website and check popular builds which most of us do annyway but theres no reason for the game to tell you you should do THIS and not THAT. After all the freedom to build a lot of viable characters with diferent weapons and stats was the one of the major selling points.

Having said all that i dont think explaining the stats is a problem. the problem is blocking off elements that gave the game some degree of depth out of fear of causing confusion. Remember it is better to be confused for an hour than to be bored for 5 minutes, and what thechanges have mainly been are making the game dumb boring and contrived.

Instead of striping away complexity to then “reward it” they should have spent the time to enritch the game environment with more gameplay elements because THAT is what the game is having problems with . The game has not enough complexity to it, not too much…

I like the hearts system, i like the random encounter event system. Both of which are small 5 minutes or less bitesized experiences but i would like to see traditional long questing chains added on top of that. I would like more dungeons to be found in the existing world both new open and instanced dungeons and caves. I would like to see more random quest item drops that would start questchains. I also would like to see the personal story quest to have more viable paths that lead to diferent outcomes. What if my character had the oportunity to fall to zaithans influence and from there try to sabotage the pact and help the dragons. Or become a legendary blacksmith or a separatist spy…

All those things would add to the complexity. infortunatley its just easier to take away functionalities to then give them as a “reward” than to create new content on a large scale.

Annyway, if i ask for too much and i propably doo ask for alot of work to be done. i ATLEAST expet the designers not to chip away what little depth the game had expecialy not to take it away from the new players as the levelign experience now is much WORSE than it was.

Primum non nocere
Firstly dont cause harm, its a proverb aplicable traditionaly to medicine practice but gamedevelopers should keep it in mind aswell.

(edited by Corvus.2831)

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

I absolutely hate the changes, it has to be the worst update in guild wars history, and that is no joke. The leveling changes are appalling.

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

I enjoy it. Can’t go wrong with faster leveling/more rewards

Posted by: Zygomaticus.7469

Zygomaticus.7469

well i just invited a friend who has literally no idea about GW2.

when he finished his tutorial, he has no idea where to go. so i had to explain that you go hearts first because the story starts at lvl 10.

now he’s 17 and does not know about swapping weapons, and their slots.

and according to him he finished his hearts on the 1-15 map and he has no what to do next because his story needs to be at level 20.

Would it be cool to live forever?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

when he finished his tutorial, he has no idea where to go. so i had to explain that you go hearts first because the story starts at lvl 10.

and according to him he finished his hearts on the 1-15 map and he has no what to do next because his story needs to be at level 20.

Did you tell him he can go to another map to do more exploration?

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Unless he turned the arrow off, it should point to the next map and tells him to explore there. I’ve seen it do that on my level 80 chars with less than 100% map exp!oration.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Unless he turned the arrow off, it should point to the next map and tells him to explore there. I’ve seen it do that on my level 80 chars with less than 100% map exp!oration.

Yeah. I suspect I just got sucked into something that I’ve been avoiding for the last couple of days.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Apparently this system works really, really well in China.

That’s what Anet claims. On the other hand, what we hear coming from over here is that it was equally disliked by the chinese players.

In general, some of the changes are good (leveling rewards, info popups, dodge training), some are ambivalent (stats as leveling rewards), but lot of them are plain bad (moving some of the already existing lockouts to higher levels, adding new lockouts, nerfing hearts, removing underwater parts from low level zones). They may work for new players, but for people that are already experienced they just add more tedium and make leveling more boring. (well, nerfing hearts make the game more boring for new players as well)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Asacledhae.2650

Asacledhae.2650

I simply do not like the changes. The joke that’s now Guild Wars 2 isn’t what I bought and supported.

When I first started the game, I was really amazed by how simple, fun and engaging it was. I consider myself to be a mediocre dum gamer, and it actually took me 10 minutes to fully understand it’s mechanics. Yes, laugh at me for taking so much time, I did the same..

The sole reason I kept playing and supporting the game, was it’s core mechanics. Leveling how I wanted, getting the weapons I wanted to use from start and concentrating my builds around them, playing around with Traits in order to find the most comfortable one, and goes on.

Now, instead of having my freedom, and despite of what ArenaNet was claiming from day one, the game leveling has changed from driving a “Race Car” to a “Bulldozer” on April. And now, instead of even that, we drive a “Diesel Locomotive”, adjusted to a rail which we can’t stray from it, cause the game doesn’t allow it anymore.

As for being faster? It is slightly, yes. Just slightly. But do check what we had on level 15 before, and what you have now. I’ll take my Elementalist for an example. Before this mashup on level 15, I had a “complete” set of weapon skills, both for my Staff and Scepter/Dagger, my underwater skills as well, all my 4 elements unlocked, 2 out of 3 of my “special” skills open, and a variety of traits to back them up. Oh, and 18 transmutation crystals.

Now, what do i get on level 15? I won’t actually say what, as it’ll get this post deleted for using foul language.

P.S.
Speaking of which, I have a question about a matter I didn’t even bother trying after hearing the level gating on underwater skills : What happens if a low level char tries to swim or dive? Is the game giving him a "Sowy, you can’t dive underwater cause you’re a “toddler” and don’t know how to hold your breath until level 130"?

The reasons we love the new downgra…..er….feature patch :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJlKjwrKB4

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

P.S.
Speaking of which, I have a question about a matter I didn’t even bother trying after hearing the level gating on underwater skills : What happens if a low level char tries to swim or dive? Is the game giving him a "Sowy, you can’t dive underwater cause you’re a “toddler” and don’t know how to hold your breath until level 130"?

Just tried it: you can only heal underwater, everything else is locked.

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

so what makes it faster to level early on? did they reduced the exp?

I’m confused, beside making renown heart easier.

Seems like everything is giving more experience. I’ve made a bunch of alts, and this is by far the fastest I’ve ever leveled, without even trying. I’m getting a level about every ten to twelve minutes.

Is this true from 20-80?

No. My wife played her 40 thief for a few hours and got 2 levels clearing zones and doing world events she had open. She is also, gated behind the trait line and trait unlocks, which only makes it more frustrating. Not that i plan on making a new toon, but i for sure won’t bother leveling my lower toons now.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

At first I thought it was bad, but that was me still within my comfort zone. But overtime, I thought it was alright.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

I think you can teach a dinosaur to play through it. If that was the intent then kudos. Unfortunately they are technically extinct but it’s the thought that counts I guess.

Honestly I can’t for the life of me understand how people would not be able to figure this game out. If that’s the quality of person our “education systems” are pumping out then we have bigger problems than the NPE.

Posted by: Charleston Chew.1209

Charleston Chew.1209

I do (leveling my 11th character now). Google “resistance to change” for ways to overcome it.

Kill me again or take me as I am,
for I shall not change.

(edited by Charleston Chew.1209)

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

Google “resistance to change” for ways to overcome it.

I see your cop-out and raise you a “Google ‘post-purchase rationalization.’”

Better yet, I’ll leave a few links for all to see because Googling is too confusing for some: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-purchase_rationalization

http://www.wds.co/post-purchase-rationalization-we-all-want-to-believe-we-made-the-right-choice/

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Seems like everything is giving more experience. I’ve made a bunch of alts, and this is by far the fastest I’ve ever leveled, without even trying. I’m getting a level about every ten to twelve minutes.

This is not congruent with my own experience. I started playing a level 4 elementalist the day NPE launched, and have played this elementalist almost exclusively ever since. She hit 32 last night. Leveling doesn’t seem faster to me – in fact, at times it’s felt rather ‘draggy’ – and I’ve been playing more than usual.

I’ve been doing whatever events I encounter as I complete maps, along with PS as it becomes available. Are you doing dungeons/fractals and/or pvp/wvw?

The table is a fable.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well I do like the skill changes, in general, and many of the other changes made in the pact but:

I HATE THE LEVELLING EXPERIENCE:

• Scaling is FUBAR-ed
    (well seeing I get weaker(?) in area’s with a little downscaling each time I level)
  • WEAPON Skill aquisition is FUBAR-ed (at least till lvl 28 or so)
    (pressing an attack button and the arrowkeys feels mighty 1980’s to me…)
  • The late introduction of utility & elite skills…
    (used to be lvl 5-10-20+e:30, became up till 40 ? Please? when are we allowed to start thinking about synergies and builds?)
  • The fact I am not allowed to do whatever I want ingame at anytime I want to, but only when you want to make me do something, makes me want you not wanting anything… (just think about it, it will make sense)
  • Making the proffession mechanics unavailable ? I remember they used to scale somewhat, being available in 5 levels or so, but 20+ levels? Yes! Let’s teach people they should run around, press 1 all the time and just buy from the BLTP. Enervating game!
  • The intro is missing… That’s to keep it short…
    I miss Pre Searing Ascalon so to say… That would be an excellent way of taching people the mechanics… It’s better then making me get my daily dodger in a lvl 4 area in no time whatsoever and removing all the abilities of my character… Guess no LDOA no more, but you might think of something?
23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

I like the leveling changes. I don’t like being gated out of abilities, however.

I think grouping quests every 10 levels is a good idea, and it keeps story chapters together, as well as giving a reasonable gap between each chapter. I like the new levelup rewards. I like the shiny popup that tells me I did good and got a new level. :p

I dislike having to wait until level 10 to get all five of my kittening weapon abilities, however… BUT, hopefully, this is just a bug with veteran accounts and will be fixed shortly.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

This is not congruent with my own experience. I started playing a level 4 elementalist the day NPE launched, and have played this elementalist almost exclusively ever since. She hit 32 last night. Leveling doesn’t seem faster to me – in fact, at times it’s felt rather ‘draggy’ – and I’ve been playing more than usual.

I’ve been doing whatever events I encounter as I complete maps, along with PS as it becomes available. Are you doing dungeons/fractals and/or pvp/wvw?

You should read the patch notes. Leveling for levels 1 – 15 was sped up. After that, it gets lowered back down to normal leveling speeds. Also, due to a bug with levels 20 – 30 (that was just patched last night), that was actually slowed down rather significantly. So… yeah.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

I think we have firmly established that most forum posters don’t like the changes.

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I like the changes and I think the reason for most of the players that don’t like it is cause what they read on the forums. I can assure everyone a lot of what is on the forums is misinformation and the only way to know what it is like is to experience it for yourselves. Most of the players r just making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

My opinion differs for each profession.
When playing as a Guardian it didn’t feel that much different.
Though I will admit the lack of an off hand weapon until 7 was a poor choice in my opinion.

The bump for weapon swapping is annoying to a vet like me sometimes, because I’m so used to it.

However for professions like Elementalist and Engineer, I did feel a difference and it wasn’t a good one.
I felt hampered severely by the lack of attunements and off hand for a while.
Eles are only as good as the powers they can swap around.
Engie are only as good as their utilities.
Both suffered when I tried to play out the 1-15 range in a way that had me deleting them because they simply were not fun.
Especially since they can’t utilize all of their weapon slots well until 10. That’s a bit of grind to me.

I shudder to think how thief, a profession I normally don’t like to level in the old method, would play out now.
I might try out Warrior and Necro, but to be honest I don’t like how some of the changes have affected the lower levels.

If I were to bring an earlier version of me to this game now he’d wonder why he can’t duel wield right off the bat. In fact that was one of the fun things about being an early warrior when I leveled.

Before the NPE I managed to get level 80 on all my characters, have 1 slot for the occasional key farm, and one I planned on expanding out to a profession but with a different race. Now I just don’t know if I want to go through that aggravation.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

(edited by Atlas.9704)

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

You should read the patch notes. Leveling for levels 1 – 15 was sped up. After that, it gets lowered back down to normal leveling speeds. Also, due to a bug with levels 20 – 30 (that was just patched last night), that was actually slowed down rather significantly. So… yeah.

So the patch notes confirm my experience? Hah! I knew I was right.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: bob.5680

bob.5680

I started a new character after the feature patch and have found it to be just fine. I’m a veteran player (been playing since beta and currently have 22 lvl 80s) and though I kinda missed (the char is lvl 42 now) having some of the stuff available earlier on, I also recall back to the early days with my first character during beta and do feel that if these changes had been in place then it would have reduced some of my early days frustration at trying to figure out what to do next and how to take advantage of some of the stuff I had available.

So from my perspective, I believe that Anet has largely achieved their goals (sans bugs) with this change. My new character got through the first 15 levels in record speed, so some of the stuff I was missing arrived pretty soon.

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Now, I’ve been waiting for 2 years for more options. More skills, more traits, ect.
There has hardly been any improvements on that front.

Tbh, it feels like our options have been severely limited:
-Half of your skills still come in sets that you have absolutely no power over*, what’s more, now you can’t even use any of them until you level up. Sure, facerolling just got a lot easier for the chinese bots.
-Can’t do personal story anymore, until it becomes trivial to faceroll through.
-Can’t set traits as you wish anymore, the points are now distributed in sets of five.
-Can’t use elite before level 40

*Skill pools for weapons have been suggested several times in the past. Take offhand dagger for example, it has 2 skills at the moment. It would be just peachy if it had 4 that you can select 2 from. Just so you can make that YOUR build. Not Larry’s from down the road who lent you that dagger. He’s weird and I think the other skill says “Suicide”.

Now, there have been several new features that I do like, such as commander update, account wide dyes, more account wide equipment, megaserver ect. Mainly because each one of those has improved my gaming experience. Go figure.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

Astral Projections.7320

Now, I’ve been waiting for 2 years for more options. More skills, more traits, ect.
There has hardly been any improvements on that front.

Tbh, it feels like our options have been severely limited:
-Half of your skills still come in sets that you have absolutely no power over*, what’s more, now you can’t even use any of them until you level up. Sure, facerolling just got a lot easier for the chinese bots.
-Can’t do personal story anymore, until it becomes trivial to faceroll through.

Snip

I don’t understand two of your points here.

1) Half of your skills still come in sets that you have absolutely no power over*, what’s more, now you can’t even use any of them until you level up. Sure, facerolling just got a lot easier for the chinese bots.

Facerolling just got easier for the Chinese bots? (If you aren’t talking about actual bots then that’s a racist remark). How did skills coming in sets, not available until you level up make it easier to the point of facerolling for the “Chinese bots”? (Here I’m believing you’re talking about actual bots and not people, because otherwise your attitude would be contemptible).

2) -Can’t do personal story anymore, until it becomes trivial to faceroll through.

Have you actually done it yet? The mobs are now set at level 10 for the first set. While you do have a full weapon skill set at that state, you are fighting multiple mobs at the same level as you. While it’s not particularly difficult if you have appropriate level gear and know what you are doing, it’s not a faceroll, especially for new players doing it for the first time.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I like the changes after level 40. Ranger and Mesmer feel A LOT better.

I like that the level 1-40 experience has been significantly sped up.

I also like that I have the option to skip 1-40 entirely with level up tomes and level 20 scrolls.

The physical experience of going through 1-40 without any resources? I don’t think that is good, atm.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I like what they were attempting to do.

Anet did not ‘dumb down the game’, and am sick of hearing so many pompous elitists mindlessly scream so as if they are prophetic messengers from the Gaming Gods. They tried to make the opening leveling experience more clear, the actual content of the game remains completely unchanged, it just comes at a different pace. That’s like saying posted speed limits ‘dumb down’ driving.

Clarity is never a bad thing and that was their goal. Unfortunately they completely missed the mark on this one, the leveling experience is hardly any clearer and worse, it is much more frustrating and patience testing. You think players need more time, fair enough. But you have to gauge that against how much time players are willing to invest in the first place, and ANet did not.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

I also like that I have the option to skip 1-40 entirely with level up tomes and level 20 scrolls.

That’s only really an option for people that just happen to have a ton of level up scrolls sitting around. You’re in the VAST minority there, so please don’t use that as a discussion point. :/

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

I have 18 or so level 20 tomes…and do not have any reason to level through the system. That said, I also realize these changes are not aimed at me, a ‘seasoned veteran’. I am waiting to hear from new players in a few months that are retained from the new content to tell me what they thought. So is Arenanet. If they do not see retention increase, then they will address the issues and make changes. Here’s a real thought though….what if nothing Arenanet does fixes retention rates for new players? Pretty sure server shutdown will be inevitable then.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I like the changes after level 40. Ranger and Mesmer feel A LOT better.

I like that the level 1-40 experience has been significantly sped up.

The physical experience of going through 1-40 without any resources? I don’t think that is good, atm.

um, what changes after 40?
level 1-40 experience isnt sped up, 1-15 is the only thing that changed.

Fred Fargone.3127

1) Half of your skills still come in sets that you have absolutely no power over*, what’s more, now you can’t even use any of them until you level up. Sure, facerolling just got a lot easier for the chinese bots.

Facerolling just got easier for the Chinese bots? (If you aren’t talking about actual bots then that’s a racist remark). How did skills coming in sets, not available until you level up make it easier to the point of facerolling for the “Chinese bots”? (Here I’m believing you’re talking about actual bots and not people, because otherwise your attitude would be contemptible).

I like how nowadays everything one says is offensive to someone else.
When I say bots, I mean bots. If I say farmers, then it’s farmers. Although I like to throw metaphors around, calling farmers bots is just confusing at best.
Anyways, if you only need to make a bot that hits 1, wouldn’t that be slightly easier than making a bot that hits 1 and 2? Especially since you don’t need to worry about choosing anything before you hit level 30 or so. But then again, the bot can just stay in queensdale.

2) -Can’t do personal story anymore, until it becomes trivial to faceroll through.

Have you actually done it yet? The mobs are now set at level 10 for the first set. While you do have a full weapon skill set at that state, you are fighting multiple mobs at the same level as you. While it’s not particularly difficult if you have appropriate level gear and know what you are doing, it’s not a faceroll, especially for new players doing it for the first time.

Yes, I’ve been doing it. I don’t recall my health ever dipping below 85%. And I was mostly just smashing buttons, haven’t even read the skill descriptions for my engineer yet. Just hit whatever is not under cooldown and stuff dies. It’s not like you’d have to worry about energy or anything.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I can only speak for myself but as far as leveling goes I thought things were fine months ago before the trait over haul. The only nice thing they added was swapping traits on the fly. What you get now for leveling is just blatant hand holding.

Astral Projections.7320

I like how nowadays everything one says is offensive to someone else.
When I say bots, I mean bots. If I say farmers, then it’s farmers. Although I like to throw metaphors around, calling farmers bots is just confusing at best.
Anyways, if you only need to make a bot that hits 1, wouldn’t that be slightly easier than making a bot that hits 1 and 2? Especially since you don’t need to worry about choosing anything before you hit level 30 or so. But then again, the bot can just stay in queensdale.

Yes, I’ve been doing it. I don’t recall my health ever dipping below 85%. And I was mostly just smashing buttons, haven’t even read the skill descriptions for my engineer yet. Just hit whatever is not under cooldown and stuff dies. It’s not like you’d have to worry about energy or anything.

I’m still confused. Why single out Chinese bots as opposed to American or European bots? Are Chinese bots programmed differently? Are they more sophisticated than American bots?

As to the personal story, it was always easy. I did it frequently at level 4 against level 10 mobs. It’s not really all that much easier.

Fred Fargone.3127

I’m still confused. Why single out Chinese bots as opposed to American or European bots? Are Chinese bots programmed differently? Are they more sophisticated than American bots?

I only used “Chinese bots” since that seemed to be the target group they were trying to cater to. As the information surrounding the update states. Such as https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-fresh-start-the-new-player-experience-in-guild-wars-2/

As to the personal story, it was always easy. I did it frequently at level 4 against level 10 mobs. It’s not really all that much easier.

Yeah, but you had the OPTION to do way higher level content for added challenge. The update took that away.

(edited by Fred Fargone.3127)

Astral Projections.7320

Oh my Hindu god.
I only used “Chinese bots” since that seemed to be the target group they were trying to cater to. As the information surrounding the update states.

Yeah, but you had the OPTION to do way higher level content for added challenge. The update took that away.

Well it just seemed exceptionally specific to single out Chinese bots rather than bots in general. It’s not like you are going to see the bots on the Chinese client to know if they are facerolling or not. And the EU/NA client probably only has EU/NA bots. It sounds very ‘strange’ for you to specify bots of one particular people rather than bots in general.