Who's that artist?

Who's that artist?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Caliga Meshima.4768

Caliga Meshima.4768

I was just scoping around some random guildwars pages on the wiki and the NCsoft website, and I stumbled upon this picture:

http://www.tentonhammer.com/image/view/83417/preview

It’s a concept art of guildwars1 costume for the shining blade, back during it’s GuildWars Beyond content called “War in Kryta”. The art looked very much the same as this one of Eir:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/8/81/Eir_01_concept_art.jpg

Now I’m wondering, is this the same artist used for both games? Also, this brings me up to thinking why would the artist decide to use the same stance for Eir? It just feels like the artist was lazy and decided to just give the woman in the picture different cloth layering, and added facepaint, and said “viola, Eir.”

Who's that artist?

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

The artist was lazy? o.O
Just because he used a similar stance on two completely different pictures hardly makes them lazy. :p
And the two characters, while similar in stance, are not standing exactly the same anyway.
That’s not including the possibility that they were working under a deadline or something similar.

Artist was lazy… sheesh… So easy to criticize on the interwebs…

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Who's that artist?

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

Loooking down and being female seem to be the only things they have an common.

Who's that artist?

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

Also, concept arts’ first priority is to give the 3d modelers direction when they start creating assets for the game. The fact that it gives fans something to geek over is just a bonus.

The stance can be important in not hiding details that the modeling team needs to be able to see, so this will be a commonly used posture.

(edited by SKATE.1394)

Who's that artist?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The stance there is a common one for concept art because it gives a large canvas for the artist to work with when it comes to “dressing” them. It shows the arms, legs, torso, and head, allowing the artist to show as much detail as he or she can. So, I think it’s pretty dumb to call it “lazy”.

Who's that artist?

Posted by: Cavalier.9064

Cavalier.9064

Having been a comic book fan growing up, I also think many artists just have a go-to stance that many times they’ll fall back on in their work when they want to portray a certain look.