Whoever designed the look of these forums..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

… great job! Nice and simple, no clutter, easy to read and easy on the eyes. IMO the best looking forum I’ve used on the web.

Posted by: Derek.9021

Derek.9021

I also think flying bags in the wind are beautiful.

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

… great job! Nice and simple, no clutter, easy to read and easy on the eyes. IMO the best looking forum I’ve used on the web.

I absolutely love the Search box. Working since day one and expect it to work many more years ahead…

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . /sarcasm

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I absolutely love the Search box. Working since day one and expect it to work many more years ahead…

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . /sarcasm

Yeah… search is just awful … I swear that it’s actually gotten worse over time to the point where it’s now completely unusable.

But I’m referring only to the look and feel of the forum — not functionally like search or (over) moderation.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I mostly agree apart from the default background (behind the image) being #898989

I say this because I can make it bug out by half screening (win 7, dunno about xp, drag browser to right side of screen so it auto fills only the right hand side of the screen…now scroll across) it happens in all browsers, someone didn’t test (granted as someone who does web development for a living and has been doing responsive css for the better part of a year I might be a bit more critical than most)

Attachments:

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Funny bug Paul . First time i’ve noticed it…

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

shhh, it’s late here and I’m sleepy I didn’t edit it out :P

I play in windowed mode and generally have something half screened (forums, gw2spidy, etc) it’s just something I see all the time with the forum.

it’s actually an easy fix (it’s caused because the footer elements having defined widths in pixels but the rest of the layout not having that, either the container id needs 960px width applied to it or the px widths of the footer need to be redefined as em or % so the layout is relative)

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Hahahahaha. Good one.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

Is it dancing with you and makes you feel like you’re not alone?

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

So we all can agree then, forums looks nice, functions less nicely in certain aspects (…search).

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

I love the look of the GW2 forums. Gives me reason to wear sunglasses indoors.

(edited by TwoBit.5903)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Yeah .. they look alot like this forum

Attachments:

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

the forum is nice looking but yeah the search function…………….. ugh

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I agree that the forum layout and color scheme is really nice, among the best out there, but the search tool need to be fixed, I use google to search on this forum, at least it brings something sometimes …

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

It is a pretty good site design, only complaint, I wish there was a white text on black background option, I’m super photo-sensitive and the less white there is on a backlit screen the easier it is on my eyes.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

It is a pretty good site design, only complaint, I wish there was a white text on black background option, I’m super photo-sensitive and the less white there is on a backlit screen the easier it is on my eyes.

That would be nice, or even just a choice of a pastel color instead of white. I no longer read the forums late at night because the bright screen means it takes longer for me to go to sleep.

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

I would like user Avatars so that it’s easier to distinguish between users but other than that, this is one of the few forums that actually has a unique and consistent look to go with the site it belongs to

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: Lanrin.6785

Lanrin.6785

Totally agree, OP

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I love the look. I’ve always preferred dark text on a light background. Though yes, the pure white is starting to get to me; a parchment background option would be nice (something like the Kindle android app).

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Now only if we had hard dates as an option Vs about elapse times, a functional search system, notification system that works and I know I’m missing something else, maybe multiple somethings.

But I do agree it’s a lot more pleasant looking than the usual vBulletin boards from NCSOFT.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

So we all can agree then, forums looks nice, functions less nicely in certain aspects (…search).

Sorta like the game no? I’ve always loved the work of their art department.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}