Why Do Most GW2 Players Hate Hard Content?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Wouldn’t you love to play extremely hard elite 12 player dungeon which would require 2-3+ hours to complete , which would require you to be skilled, a good player, and require immense teamplay, strategies and preparation?

To spice things up, say, this dungeon would be only open for one time in a week and to enter you would have to pay 5G.
And no waypoints/checkpoints and armor repair.

Personally, I’d love this, I’d even pay arena net for a DLC including this.

As for the rewards, I wouldn’t personally care all that much, perhaps an end chest.

/*********************************************
The question is, why not?

Posted by: Wryog.5073

Wryog.5073

I guess it’s because the lack of a real trinity in this game limits the possibilities of interesting fights.
Also 12 players!=harder content. Just the bosses hitting for overkill dmg(they’re already hitting pretty high on 5-man dungeons…) and having an even more ridiculous amount of health. The most interesting thing they could do is probably make a puzzle in a fight that requires coordination…

Wryog [WBC] – elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Wouldn’t you love to play extremely hard elite 12 player dungeon which would require 2-3+ hours to complete , which would require you to be skilled, a good player, and require immense teamplay, strategies and preparation?

To spice things up, say, this dungeon would be only open for one time in a week and to enter you would have to pay 5G.

No.

It’s content that is aimed at a very small minority of the player base. I would much rather ANet spend their development time on something that is aimed at a larger demographic of the player base.

Lol, it’s an MMORPG, those don’t have DLC.

As for the rewards, I wouldn’t personally care all that much, perhaps an end chest.

The thing is, most people would care just that much and would want something ridiculous for it, like precursors or masses of lodestones or whatnot.

After all, look at most of the players in this game. They go and faceroll CoF P1 over and over and over again. The only reason they do that is because it gives them the best money/time.

Try imagining just how much coinage the dungeon would have to give out just to reach the CoF P1 level. Now logically people would be asking for even more because it takes a much more significant investment of time (2-3h in a row, rather than spread out through the day) and would naturally be more difficult.

Also, why 12 people? Why not 5? Why not 50? Why not 1?

(edited by Olba.5376)

Nick.6972

So, Arena Net should bluntly ignore the minority and pretend that they don’t exist at all, cause that how things work in real life.

(edited by Nick.6972)

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

How do you know “most” players hate hard content? Some players certainly, many players possibly, but most?

And I would probably be inclined to want to have a go at your suggested dungeon but I wouldn’t pay specially for the privilege. I wouldn’t want to risk a poor pug.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Tyrannus Blade.3408

Tyrannus Blade.3408

Paying 5G to enter a dungeon where I’m likely to have to fight the thing with broken armour and while dealing with collecting and then maintaining 12 people for 3+ hours, 3 hours that will likely be half running back to the point where we failed because of the lack of waypoints? Doesn’t sound exactly enjoyable for anyone to me. Only the most dedicated hard-core players would even consider it meaning a pretty small minority I would imagine.
The development costs of creating such a dungeon for such a small group would be much better spent improving other parts of the game. What we need at the moment is an incentive for people to stop running the likes of CoF P1 and start running harder dungeons like Arah before any extreme content is released.

Posted by: RainJirea.5432

RainJirea.5432

I guess it’s because the lack of a real trinity in this game limits the possibilities of interesting fights…

Does it? In Singleplayergames like Zelda, DmC, Darksiders, Dark Souls are many good bossfights. Anet rushed GW2 and so many dungeons are … bad (large healthbar, no attackpatterns and so on). Look at the new dungeon, cof-story or ascalon the second way.

The lack of the trinity is not the problem, many bossfights in GW2 are just to boring.

Look at the dragons: big static losers and than compare them to the dragons in Dark Souls.

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I’m not entirely sure it’s possible to add harder content without cheap tactics.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Nick.6972

They’re already """wasting""" their time creating temporary content, and I doubt everyone played SAB, I know, I didn’t, I didn’t complain either, I’m not playing Living Story too, and I have nothing against it.

Why not divide the PvE into 2 parts , 5% “hardcore” and 95% “casual”.
Take GW1 for example. FoW/UW/DOA/Urgoz/Deep together weren’t even 1% of the game’s content.

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

They’re already """wasting""" their time creating temporary content, and I doubt everyone played SAB, I know, I didn’t, I didn’t complain either, I’m not playing Living Story too, and I have nothing against it.

The thing is, ANet isn’t exactly the only one out there who do things for holidays like Christmas or Halloween.

As for the Living Story, that’s part of their development ideal. In fact, if you check out the often mentioned manifesto, they talk about a changing world. Temporary content is one way to pull that off.

Why not divide the PvE into 2 parts , 5% “hardcore” and 95% “casual”.
Take GW1 for example. FoW/UW/DOA/Urgoz/Deep together weren’t even 1% of the game’s content.

Because a division like that is never maintainable. The minority, whichever it is, will never be satisfied with what they get.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m sure eventually there will be harder content, but it’s not going to be the first content produced, or even the second. Logically, a business caters to the larger percentage of the player base first and then, when it has time, works on the other stuff.

There’s still major quality of life improvements being worked on. The removal of culling from PvE (which affects everyone who PVes), LFG tool (which affects everyone who wants to group), and of course Living Story stuff.

But the LFG tool and the culling fix will get implemented, likely freeing up some devs for other projects.

This game isn’t as solid as it could be. It needs attention to the core issues before we start thinking about stuff made for a small percentage of the playerbase.

That said, I think Anet SHOULD put some really challenging stuff in the game for people like the OP. I think it will, over all, increase the value of the game as a whole.

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

The high end content is already pretty wasted. I have great difficulty finding (competent, ie. “Don’t aggro everything in the dungeon. Has discovered the dodge button”) parties for explorable dungeons and fractals, that arn’t themselves also elitist jerks (“Do you know how to skip this content or do this pull in the most efficient way possible? – You’re a bad mesmer then! <You have been kicked>”)

Adding even harder content that requires raid-like precision will just skew things even harder towards elitist jerk territory.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

If they can actually make bosses hard,instead of tedious.The continous Aoe spamming and us being needed to evade constrantly,is not something i consider hard to be doing,its tedious and gets repetitve and old.Would like to see bosses with a new design..better mechanics than this Aoe spamming.

Nick.6972

Don’t label all players who love hard and challenging content jerks.
Jerks are 14 year olds who think they’re tough over the internet.

If I’m making a team to do content X I expect you to know how to play properly or at least to have the ability to adapt fast.
I wouldn’t call this elitism, I want competent players in my team.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I don’t hate hard content, in fact, I love it.

What I do hate, is content that takes 3+ consecutive hours to complete, being forced to team up with 11 anonymous people. That’s not hard, that’s just annoying.

Go do timed chess puzzles if you like hard content. After years, they’re still difficult, and a single puzzle takes less than a minute to complete. Such puzzles are harder than anything I’ve ever done in MMOs.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

If I’m making a team to do content X I expect you to know how to play properly or at least to have the ability to adapt fast.
I wouldn’t call this elitism, I want competent players in my team.

And how do you propose that players learn how to do the dungeons “your way” if you never bring them into your team?

From their point of view, when you pass them over because they havn’t done this run this way before (Even though they’ve been playing the game since beta and can probably solo most the bosses), they will label you an elitist jerk.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

Cause they are n…. i will probably get infracted if i write it. It’s much easier to whine then to play hard content.

Nick.6972

Would you play the chess if you don’t know the basic rules? I doubt that.
Don’t know about your guild, but my quite often teaches the new players how to do COF scs.

In my time I failed numerous UWscs, caused quits and everything but with time I became extremely skilled at doing my job.

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

I would like to see that happen – I personally find GW2 boring now. But if that happens, expect to have tons of QQ all over the forums.

“Anet, this is too hard, not casual friendly!!!!”
“Anet doesn’t want us to do dungeons anymore!!!!”
“Anet only caters hardcore players! I can only play <insert few hours here> hours a day/week/month!!! This is ridiculous!”
“I’m done – I’m better off at <insert random non-Anet MMO here>!!!”

:)

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Making a higher people requirement doesn’t equal higher difficulty (unless you’re working with idiots).
Making a dungeon last too long doesn’t equal higher difficulty.
Making the player start over at the beginning for failing doesn’t equal higher difficulty.
Making an entrance fee doesn’t equal higher difficulty.
Putting an entrance limit on the dungeon doesn’t equal higher difficulty.

How about they give us content that’s actually difficult, rather than making things more tedious than they need to be?

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: SnoodBeAR.5286

SnoodBeAR.5286

The community has got me thinking that I’ve bought the wrong game, they whinge about the addition of dungeon content because they don’t like organised parties or it’s too hard. Then they praise the idea of mini games as a “refreshing break”, if you want a break.. play a different game?

FYI Olba, GW1 had dlc content of sorts, enabling you to do more missions playing in some ‘pivotal moments to earn rewards’

See here: http://www.guildwars.com/products/extras/missionpack/

Saying most people faceroll CoF P1 is ridiculous, I don’t know anyone (not to say there isnt someone) that purely logs on to run CoF and that’s the only dungeon they do, I think you must have been doing it to meet that type of player or something.

It is a shame that it is only a small minority of players that want harder content, GW2 should be known as the starter MMO from now on, to give you a hand before you decide to go the big boy games…

(edited by SnoodBeAR.5286)

Posted by: Mercypsy.9602

Mercypsy.9602

Well, some of us just aren’t that good at this game. Personally I get by pretty well in general PvE, but I find it hard to have the situational awareness over time which dungeons seem to need. It’s not that I don’t try my best or that I don’t care, I’m simply not that great a player. So I avoid the hardest content because I fear I’m not pulling my own weight. That’s not a fun feeling.

Don’t mind others getting more difficult content if they want it, but I admit I do wish more people were doing regular events in the open world instead. It would make the world more alive. Still, I see the need for challenging content for the really great players.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Not really a matter of skill or difficulty for me in this aspect.
I just don’t like spending 3+ hours in a dungeon.

I don’t like your idea overall though, other than the “skilled, a good player, and require immense teamplay, strategies and preparation?” part.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

I came here to have fun, not to impress a random stranger and show the world how awesome I’m when playing a game.
Also, many people have families, REAL FRIENDS, business in the real world so, a single dungeon lasting for 2-3 hours may be much; if you are seriously about hardcore content, then 1 single AFK should be the doom of the whole party, no kitten like “lets wait for him” or “lets just get going without him”.
If not, then we will just have more of the same and people will come here asking for a more hardcore content.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: Soze.7341

Soze.7341

Seriously? You are talking about “Hard” PvE ? My god what have MMO’s devolved into.

“Hard” PvE is playing Dark Age of Camelot in 2005 doing a Masterl level 10 Raid with 100 people and you have the Boss at 10% HP and then BAM, 200+ Mids or Hibs(Enemy PLAYERS) port in and wipe your entire 100 person raid and kill the boss and get the loot. THAT is about as “hard” as “pve” will ever get in an MMORPG.

PvP that matters is “hard” content, it’s why I played DAoC for 10 years gladly paying $15 a month for the competition and rivalries. PvE is and never will be “hard”, sorry.

SnoodBeAR.5286

I don’t like your idea overall though, other than the “skilled, a good player, and require immense teamplay, strategies and preparation?” part.

You’re totally right, content should be very easy and I should be able to do it in under an hour without putting any effort into it.

Not really..

Why play if you are just going to hit a number of skills in every situation and win, there is less fun to be had in easy content than in a challenge.

I came here to have fun, not to impress a random stranger and show the world how awesome I’m when playing a game.
Also, many people have families, REAL FRIENDS, business in the real world so, a single dungeon lasting for 2-3 hours may be much; if you are seriously about hardcore content, then 1 single AFK should be the doom of the whole party, no kitten like “lets wait for him” or “lets just get going without him”.
If not, then we will just have more of the same and people will come here asking for a more hardcore content.

Some peoples idea of fun is a challenge and not sitting there brain dead mashing 1 and then occasionally every other skill with no thought put into it. Believe it or not I think content should require tactics.

(gasp)

(edited by SnoodBeAR.5286)

Posted by: Wryog.5073

Wryog.5073

I guess it’s because the lack of a real trinity in this game limits the possibilities of interesting fights…

Does it? In Singleplayergames like Zelda, DmC, Darksiders, Dark Souls are many good bossfights.

You’re comparing single player games to multiplayer. If you want to have bosses which are actually a threat to over 10 people you’d either have to make most of their attacks AoE or hit for ridiculous damage. When someone gets downed he’ll easily get ressed(especially with 12 people) if the boss doesn’t hit hard enough.
Another problem is making a group UI for more than 4 other people.

Wryog [WBC] – elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

You’ll never have hard large scale content in the game that isn’t horribly tedious, because you can never wipe with the current downed state and rez mechanics. 5 people can rez someone from completely dead in about 5 seconds an unlimited number of times. unless the boss does an AOE that kills every player every 10 seconds it will never be hard and that isn’t hard it is just tedious. You’ll never see a typical MMO style raid unless they remove rezzing in its current form because you will always be able to faceroll content with rezzing in groups of 10+.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

You’re totally right, content should be very easy and I should be able to do it in under an hour without putting any effort into it.

Not really..

Why play if you are just going to hit a number of skills in every situation and win, there is less fun to be had in easy content than in a challenge.

Some peoples idea of fun is a challenge and not sitting there brain dead mashing 1 and then occasionally every other skill with no thought put into it. Believe it or not I think content should require tactics.

(gasp)

Not sure when I said that but whatever dude.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I don’t mind hard content in the game. However, that already exists in the form of fractals.

What I’m missing is a quick, fun dungeon you can do when you have a spare half hour, to have fun with your friends. At the moment, if you want to do a dungeon, you’ll have to reserve at least an hour and that’s just too long.

That and the fact that bosses in general just have too much health. Stuff takes too long, making it become boring during the fight.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

daimasei.4091

(gasp)

Because tactics can only being applied when you have to spend 2-3 hours in a dungeon with 20-50 persons right?

-ArenaNet

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

The community has got me thinking that I’ve bought the wrong game, they whinge about the addition of dungeon content because they don’t like organised parties or it’s too hard. Then they praise the idea of mini games as a “refreshing break”, if you want a break.. play a different game?

FYI Olba, GW1 had dlc content of sorts, enabling you to do more missions playing in some ‘pivotal moments to earn rewards’

See here: http://www.guildwars.com/products/extras/missionpack/

Guild Wars 1 wasn’t an MMORPG

Nick.6972

No one ever forced you to do SAB, no one would force you to do elite mission X too.
Don’t have the time, don’t like challenge, don’t want to spend 3 hours, skip it.

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

2-3 hrs makes istances tedious, not harder.
More players are not a good way to increase difficulty, due to how it’s designed GW2 combat. On the other hand, might be a cool idea to make 10 man istances where you have to split team in tow 5-man groups and progress in 2 parallel routes through the istance while coordinating each other to advance.

Anyway, in short: longer and with more players do not mean more difficult.
On the other hand, challenging content should be added, that’s sure.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

SnoodBeAR.5286

(gasp)

Because tactics can only being applied when you have to spend 2-3 hours in a dungeon with 20-50 persons right?

Noone said 20-50 persons and I never said 2-3 hours, just not under 1 hour. People have been wanting 12 man….

Nick.6972

There’s no trinity, where’s the problem getting 12 players together?
Unless you want 8 Zerker Warriors and 4 Mesmers with 6000 achievement points and legendary weapons only. That’s tedious.

Posted by: AstralDusk.1670

AstralDusk.1670

For the record, I have no issue with this sort of content being introduced for those who are into that sort of thing.

To answer your question, though:

Honestly, it’s because I already devote the majority of my daily life to building skillsets. I don’t want to spend my free time building a skillset that has zero application 2 years, 5 years, 20 years from now, which is what expert dungeon runs entail (and is what all non-casual gameplay entails, as well as competitive PvP.) It’s like playing a sport but without the benefit of improving my physical performance.

Hell, even now I just hate running dungeons because of the expectations of mastery that dungeon-runners have. If I’m expected to devote a portion of time to doing research before I’m allowed to participate, I’m out. I love doing research… but for things that actually benefit me in the long term.
I just have no intention of putting that sort of performance pressure on myself for some tokens.

I want my entertainment to have low commitment of expertise but still give a high degree of satisfaction, which is the opposite of real life. So far, that’s what GW2 has promised me.

That’s really all I can say for those making disparaging comments against casuals as if we’re braindead cows who want to be coddled in Candyland. No, I just don’t want to spend my free time doing high-pressure or high-focus things, because I already spend the rest of my time doing that. You want a challenge, that’s cool. I want the exact opposite of that. I want to hack, slash, blow things up, and feel generally satisfied with the capabilities of my character without having to personally develop capabilities *of my own. *

I understand that your preference for having fun is in content that rewards player skill. I just ask that you understand my preference for having fun is content that requires low skill, and it’s not because I suck at games or because I’m too busy— I just don’t want to devote excess amounts of time and energy to an ephemeral goal.

I would just ask— why play the ONE online game that said it was going to intentionally avoid such content? That’s the really mindblowing question here.

Again, I have no issues with this sort of content being added. Just responding to the primary arguments against easy gameplay.

daimasei.4091

Noone said 20-50 persons and I never said 2-3 hours, just not under 1 hour. People have been wanting 12 man….

We have 12 man instances in GW1. I think I saw one person once in 6 years (and we weren’t separated by servers).

-ArenaNet

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

Sure why not.

(edited by Fenrir.3609)

Posted by: Tru Reptile.6058

Tru Reptile.6058

I’d love an MMO with challenging content, but the problem is that mobs are only ‘challenging’ because they’re stat buffed and have crap like cheap one-shot mechanics. That, to me, isn’t fun, exciting nor certainly challenging. I know I’m not alone though as I see more and more MMO players making the same complaints. If a developer wants their game to be truly challenging, then they’ll have to spend the time and money needed to create proper A.I. And while I expect something like a large dragon to have a good amount of health and armor, if that’s the only reason they’re ‘challenging’ then I think I’ll pass.

But maybe I’m asking for too much.

SnoodBeAR.5286

We have 12 man instances in GW1. I think I saw one person once in 6 years (and we weren’t separated by servers).

Did you go there once at 4am in those 6 years or what?

Posted by: Zaviel.1245

Zaviel.1245

“Most” GW2 players do not hate hard content, we love it. The only ones you will find that complain are the people who want all the rewards said content gives for no work. The same type of players who say the game is hard are probably the ones who want ‘precourser scavenger hunts’ and such, for easy legendaries.

Most players relish challenging content. The only reason the forums are filled with so many complaints is because the complainers find their time better spent on the forums crying about something than actually playing the game/working to overcome the challenge they cry about.

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

The game already has a way to make dungeons harder: use weaker gear. Why not take level 70 masterwork gear into a high level dungeon, instead of all exotics?

Posted by: Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Harder content is not by default more fun or interesting, it just adds difficulty without adding real challenge.

Adding depth to content makes for a better playing experience, but it is also harder to do that just amplifying whatever the current difficulty level of said content is.

Basically harder content is the easier option for developers, but it is a cheap and nasty way to cover up more fundamental problems.

Only the people who want harder content will enjoy having harder content, but content with more depth can be enjoyed by anyone.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I see nothing in your post that makes it innately hard. Only inconvenient and time consuming.

You mention it being hard yes, but no mention of something that creates legit difficulty.

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

“Elite” is a make-feel-good-about-yourself word. No “elite” player is elite for completing “elite” missions. IMO, people should learn to feel good about themselves without a game validating their value. We are not “good” because we are “better players” than others, but because we are good, period-conquering the most ultra-hard, 24 hour mission with 587 players may be fun for many, but means nothing in the grand scheme of things (no “leetness” or anything-no offense intended.)

Not everyone cares whether you think higher or lower of himself/herself due to “elite” accomplishments. Not everyone is that competitive. It’s good to feel about yourself, of course. Though I don’t like it when players boast about their supposed in-game “superiority” above other players-the “I need to feel good by proving how inferior others are” complex.

The game should indeed include many levels of difficulty, not catering solely to one type of crowd. Too difficult for its own sake caters to a very specialized, smaller group that likes so-called “hardcore” content-too easy, it takes away from the fun to other types of players. As of now, it’s not that difficult, but also not that hard (players who like super impossibly hard content may be disappointed, but the game need not emulate raids to achieve what I would call “artificial” difficulty levels-nothing wrong with what you like though, it just may not be what’s best for everybody else.)

Dungeons could both be made harder and easier right now. The easy ones may be too easy, and the harder ones may be so due to things that are valid complaints-too many one shot deaths, among other things. It must be hard to design them, because what a developer think is a good idea or “fun” mechanic may not be so for many players in practice-and of course, it’s impossible to please everyone as well.

Still, I think that Fractals were added to appease a portion of players who only like the most difficult, grindy stuff (nothing wrong with liking fractals). Even for some, they can be too easy, and that’s fine. I think there’s a little bit for everyone, except for perhaps the most ultra competitive player, but I think that’s by design more than an oversight.

The game is still growing and developing. Who’s to say harder content isn’t going to be added? As long as they provide fun venues for everyone else, and it doesn’t become all about those “hard” missions (and that there’s no artificial content gating to appease people that like to feel “elite”), I don’t see a big problem.

Posted by: StriderShinryu.6923

StriderShinryu.6923

I don’t love or hate hard content. That said, I’m certainly not a power player and would probably avoid the hardest content simply because I know it would be more frustrating for me (and, more importantly, to those I was grouped with) than it would be worth. I, however, would have no issue if it was there, especially if it was just in the form of an uber hard version of content I actually would enjoy (an extra hard version of an already existing/accesible dungeon for instance).

I do wonder, though, what the appeal of such a long experience is. Why is something that takes 3 hours better than something that is 1 hour, or even less? In fact, I would imagine a really well tuned and balanced 30 minute dungeon could be more enjoyable difficulty level wise simply because you eliminate the useless garbage.. plus it would be much more likely to actually exist than a 3 hour dungeon created specificallt for the hardest of hardcore players.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Well 2-3 hours is a no no right there…I have plenty of half an hour to a hour an half slots to play but rarely 2-3 hours. So anything needing 2-3 hours, I would attempt 1 or 2 times per month at most…

Also, Anet version of hard content is spam abilities at you that put your skills on permenant cooldown, bosses with millions of hps that cause you to fall asleep and force you to run a very, very specific narrow build…

So the ‘hard’ content lacks any fun elements at all really…

Nick.6972

So minority should be ignored and Arena Net should only cater to the majority?
Should Arena Net show the middle finger to the players who don’t earn them the most money?

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

So minority should be ignored and Arena Net should only cater to the majority?
Should Arena Net show the middle finger to the players who don’t earn them the most money?

They cater to a wide variety of players-Fractals comes to mind (I don’t care that much about them at all, and they would have probably never been added if they catered only to my playstyle.) Same with WvW and PvP-I don’t like them that much, but they are available for that type of player.

And lastly, if the game is advertised as casual friendl , so-called “elite”, hardcore players shouldn’t feel as if they are receiving the short-end of the stick, especially since they are in fact receiving the product they paid for-one doesn’t order pepperoni pizza to complain about the lacking sausages in it (no offense intended.)

And as I said, who knows they may add more difficult stuff or harder version of already available content in the future, judging from GW1 (not a promise, but the possibility is in there.)