Why Do Most GW2 Players Hate Hard Content?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Double post due to webpage error, please delete.

Posted by: SnoodBeAR.5286

SnoodBeAR.5286

So minority should be ignored and Arena Net should only cater to the majority?
Should Arena Net show the middle finger to the players who don’t earn them the most money?

They cater to a wide variety of players-Fractals comes to mind (I don’t care that much about them at all, and they would have probably never been added if they catered only to my playstyle.) Same with WvW and PvP-I don’t like them that much, but they are available for that type of player.

And lastly, if the game is advertised as casual friendl , so-called “elite”, hardcore players shouldn’t feel as if they are receiving the short-end of the stick, especially since they are in fact receiving the product they paid for-one doesn’t order pepperoni pizza to complain about the lacking sausages in it (no offense intended.)

And as I said, who knows they may add more difficult stuff or harder version of already available content in the future, judging from GW1 (not a promise, but the possibility is in there.)

Can you point me to the place where Guild Wars 2 is advertised as casual friendly, and casual friendly doesn’t mean it isn’t going to have any challenging content added and that people shouldn’t expect it…

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Well for one thing, they attracted us “darned casuals” to this game and despite people’s protests we are the majority of mmo gamers right now. That’s why most games are going F2P or B2P because us casuals are playing multiple games and refuse to pay a monthly fee to play one.

We also despise extremely difficult content for the sake of being difficult because even tho some of us can’t do much but stay home, we don’t have time to wait 2.5 hours on a dragon to show up or to run a dungeon with a team full of leetist jerks who want to do it in 1.9 hours instead of the standard 2.

See we came here with the understanding that the devs were gamers and understood what mmo gamers have gone thru and with the promise that we wouldn’t have to go thru these things when playing their game. (ie not being forced to run dungeons for resources, not being forced to do PVP for resources, not being required to be on a gear treadmill to see new future content) these were all promises made prelaunch, still haven’t seen them yet. In fact, they’ve made things tremendously worse for players like me. Living story doesn’t really touch the number of things they haven’t done to improve the open world gameplay for us casuals. It’s time for permanent additions monthly and the return of loot to the open world. (ie lodestones, gossamer, rare drops all without the need for magic find and the removal of DR once and for all).

That’s what us casuals want. We don’t mind work, but it should never become a second job.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: AstralDusk.1670

AstralDusk.1670

Should Arena Net show the middle finger to the players who don’t earn them the most money?

Well, yes. That’s just the nature of business. Cater to the primary demographic, and then use your spare resources to extend into other demographics. You can’t please everyone all at once.

So what’s your point here with this thread? I almost feel like a chump for not only giving a thoughtful response to your initial question, but supporting your suggestion for harder content, when I should’ve realized it was just passive-aggressive complaining.

None of us can speak for what ‘most players’ like, because we can only make assumptions based on our own tiny samples. You know this. Maybe most GW2 players at some point DID love harder content, but made the intelligent decision to find a game that better suits them.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

No, because if i wanted a second job, i’d go get a second, not pay $98 AU to have one…

Hard does not equal fun..not to everybody.

tigirius.9014

“you don’t have to be there all night, you can log in for 20 minutes”
“and then for the casual players who don’t want to have to chase after those goals we have this open kinda casual fun world that they can run around in too”

Interview with Colin

Except they really haven’t been casual friendly since November. Here’s how:

1. made the game even more dungeon focused
  2. added DR and changed the loot structure in November taking away the possibility of farming anything T6 in the open world
  3. almost no minigames in towns (no newly added ones either, actual farming, no fishing game, no hunting games complete with cosmetics props and rewards)
  4. added gear to the game that’s exclusionary and told us that new content with this gear would only be available to players with agony resistance
  5. did very little if any DE additions or meta additions since November to give us that feeling of being in a dynamic world.

Does this answer your question SnoodBeAR?

tigirius.9014

Well, yes. That’s just the nature of business. Cater to the primary demographic, and then use your spare resources to extend into other demographics. You can’t please everyone all at once.

So what’s your point here with this thread? I almost feel like a chump for not only giving a thoughtful response to your initial question, but supporting your suggestion for harder content, when I should’ve realized it was just passive-aggressive complaining.

None of us can speak for what ‘most players’ like, because we can only make assumptions based on our own tiny samples. You know this. Maybe most GW2 players at some point DID love harder content, but made the intelligent decision to find a game that better suits them.

Actually no, because the collective behaviors of the companies and their business models all point to one thing, casual gamers being the majority. They’ve done the demographic, what November was about was preventing the hardcore players from leaving the game because the game was too casual for many of them. What’s wrong is they’ve forgotten who they originally attracted to this title and they have yet to fix the problems they created by shifting too much of their focus to one demographic.

Open world was always to be their main focus until November came along. Since then all we’ve seen is an experiment with the living story and not huge additions monthly of permanent DE’s or Metas. We need tons more and they need to fix loot, pennies are never good for your loot system in the open world, and bots can no longer be used as the excuse.

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

Today, most people play for the “experience”, and developers have long found out that making easy games is a lot cheaper. So it’s a combination of these two things. Players want to play games with their eyes, not their mind, and developers are constantly trying to find ways to make more money, which means dumbing difficulty on games down so players don’t get frustrated.

But that’s why, when a rare game like Dark Souls come out, you should throw all your money at it :P

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

They cater to a wide variety of players-Fractals comes to mind (I don’t care that much about them at all, and they would have probably never been added if they catered only to my playstyle.) Same with WvW and PvP-I don’t like them that much, but they are available for that type of player.

And lastly, if the game is advertised as casual friendl , so-called “elite”, hardcore players shouldn’t feel as if they are receiving the short-end of the stick, especially since they are in fact receiving the product they paid for-one doesn’t order pepperoni pizza to complain about the lacking sausages in it (no offense intended.)

And as I said, who knows they may add more difficult stuff or harder version of already available content in the future, judging from GW1 (not a promise, but the possibility is in there.)

Can you point me to the place where Guild Wars 2 is advertised as casual friendly, and casual friendly doesn’t mean it isn’t going to have any challenging content added and that people shouldn’t expect it…

He meant noob friendly.

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

12players =easier then 5 players
I want hard 5 man content, cause that would be unique. Raids are only difficult because they have that many people, GW2 dungeon mechanics are harder the most wow raids…

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I personally play max 2h on workdays (and not every day, since I’m busy with other stuff), but when I play, I don’t find DE, Hearts or World Exploration enjoyable whatsoever, the only content I find enjoyable are Dungeons.

I’m neither casual or hardcore player, I’m a player who likes actual challenge.

Posted by: Clipbord.8726

Clipbord.8726

Nah man too easy, why not make it open once a year, and it be a 20 player dungeon, that takes 24+ hours. And to go in, you gotta sacrifice a legendary weapon of any kind, the dungeon would have no wp, repairs, and on top of that you can’t leave the instance until you beat it. If you die with all your armor broken, you die forever!!! And the end reward would be 5g to each player, cause we don’t care about the reward we just want super hard content.

Nick.6972

I’d love that. Would be quite hilarious.
Reward players who complete it with a title – “I’ve Been Through Hell And Survived”.
Unfortunately my PC would probably overheat.

Posted by: AstralDusk.1670

AstralDusk.1670

@tigirius,

That just reinforces my point— you can’t please everyone at once. But their actions in November were to curb content consumption, not to directly appeal to hardcore gamers (it’s just incidental that hardcore gamers are also the fastest consumers). If they wanted to appeal to the hardcore, they’d introduce stuff like the OP’s suggestion. They may absolutely try to do so in the future, just probably not soon.

GW2 just suffers the curse of all MMOs— they can’t produce content as quickly as the playerbase consumes it. So they tried to make something to keep the fastest consumers occupied until they could get the ball rolling, but naturally it’ll never be enough.

Of course casual players are the majority, it’s just that ‘casual’ is a super-broad term. It also doesn’t mean they’re the primary demographic. I think they are specifically for GW2, but it would be foolish to write off hardcore gamers. They want both groups and anyone in-between. No, you can’t say for certain what most players prefer. Many of those casual players might love having a super-hard dungeon. You don’t know.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

I don’t hate hard content. I like a good challenge that encourages teamwork.

That said, I do think that giving a boss a zillion hitpoints and a one-shot attack is pretty boring. And that seems to be what the majority of GW2 bosses are like. No real creativity or imagination to them. Just dodge some repetitions attack and grind down the health bar. Yawn.

Posted by: Sephyros.9652

Sephyros.9652

Because WoW already delivers a better end-game PvE experience. Unless ANet manages to create something completely new and original, it’s just going to be watered down raiding.

Posted by: Dsybok.1405

Dsybok.1405

Why would anyone pay 5g and spend 3 hours unless there was something worthwhile to be won at the end of the fight? The reward for this dungeon would have to be on par with the cost and time investment. You may not care about the reward, but kitten near everyone in the game does.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

Seriously? You are talking about “Hard” PvE ? My god what have MMO’s devolved into.

“Hard” PvE is playing Dark Age of Camelot in 2005 doing a Masterl level 10 Raid with 100 people and you have the Boss at 10% HP and then BAM, 200+ Mids or Hibs(Enemy PLAYERS) port in and wipe your entire 100 person raid and kill the boss and get the loot. THAT is about as “hard” as “pve” will ever get in an MMORPG.

PvP that matters is “hard” content, it’s why I played DAoC for 10 years gladly paying $15 a month for the competition and rivalries. PvE is and never will be “hard”, sorry.

This is “bs”, sorry.

Mobs can be made nearly as smart as players, with far lower reaction times. GW1 gave us already a good look at this, mobs were probably smartest there form all games I played. If anet really cared, they could do something like this again, and they could definitely make PvE hard, even to you.

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

which would require you to be skilled, a good player

I’m sorry my friend, but this game is not designed for such things as skills.

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Because WoW already delivers a better end-game PvE experience. Unless ANet manages to create something completely new and original, it’s just going to be watered down raiding.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/05/11/legendary-wow-guild-quits-hardcore-raiding-for-good/

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

which would require you to be skilled, a good player

I’m sorry my friend, but this game is not designed for such things as skills.

Player skill is crucial factor in gw2. Two guys with same builds, same stats, everything identical – one can solo champion other cant. Why? Because one is more skilled than other.
This is just simple example, but you can translate it to any aspect of game.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

If by minority players you mean those who want a harder game, well those probably are hardcore players and I suspect 99.99% of those don’t buy any gems with real $$$ because they earn more than enough gold to just trade for gems and buy anything they want…

Its far more likely that its casuals who chuck money at the gem store really…because they have no time to grind gold 4-8 hrs aday…

Posted by: Sephyros.9652

Sephyros.9652

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/05/11/legendary-wow-guild-quits-hardcore-raiding-for-good/

Since you seem interested in those world-ranked guilds for some reason, here’s some info from his Facebook post, since the article links to it:

Am I done? Is this my good bye post to the raiding community? No haha no my friends I’m way too stubborn and foolish to actually use my knowledge to stop myself from the enjoyment I get from WoW and the community. What’s next for Killars? I dunno… “LFR Troll Rogue ilvl 532” I guess… I really don’t know (which is kinda scary) but we’ll see.

Guilds racing for world first are a VERY small % of the total raiding population.

But let’s not derail this thread any further.

I’d really like if we had more than fractals as our “endgame”. I’m level 30 right now, but I can’t see the trip to 50 being any different than it was so far. No new mechanics, just bigger numbers.

Posted by: Kakeru.2873

Kakeru.2873

Wildstar can’t come any faster.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I think the problem is that it doesn’t look like most people want the challenging content. If you look at gw2lfg, it’s all COF P1 & 2. Instead, they want the most reward for the least effort.

Also, the minute that you introduce truly challenging content the user base fragments. People who learn how to play the encounters have no patience for people who don’t. They conveniently forget that they didn’t always know how to do it either. Instead they scream “L2P I is the AWESOMEZ!”

So people who aren’t early adopters won’t play the hard content because the environment is so toxic.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: wiazabi.2549

wiazabi.2549

Perhaps just maybe they would need to sort out some things before even considering this.

Condition cap just lol at 12 man dungeon with the current system.
Some classes being pure bad in pve or lacking ALOT.
Shout warriorS GOGO!!

But i wouldnt mind seeing some sort of dungeon you could go to for guild events that could scale so nobody was left out, but like i said i would really hate it ALOT with the current issues.

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

No its true. This game lacks in hardcore content. Especially permanent content at least. One of my friends hasnt played since february because of geographical issues but when he gets back im tryna think what to tell him is new. I mean guild missions is the only new content we’ve had in the past 5 months. thats hardcore and permanent. why anet why!!!

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

I guess it’s because the lack of a real trinity in this game limits the possibilities of interesting fights.

/facepalm.

Go to one of those trinity games and people are still sticking to the easy stuff and getting banned when they figure out how to exploit the hard stuff.

Nothing different here. There is always a segment that seeks the easy way.

The only game that ever lacked the problem was, for the first half of its lifecycle, City of Heroes. For half that game’s lifespan there was no such thing as loot. Period. No reward for doing content, AT ALL, other than the pure fun of doing it.

We’re playing this game to play it after all.

And so for the first half of the game’s lifespan, people would gladly group up to do anything they could.

Then they added in a loot system, and the ‘EZ Mode farmers’ invaded…

The ‘trinity’ of MMOs is new to the genre of gaming, and a highly artificial hack.

What is so interesting about having one kid yell out “Yo Momma So Big She Got Her Own Zip Code!!!” while another runs around putting neosporin on the cuts as fast as possible, and the enemy ignores all the others shooting at it with glocks…

- Makes no sense at all… That kind of fighting only works when you’re about 5 or 6 years old…

It is hardly interesting or dynamic, its dull and boring as heck. Unless you’ve not yet outgrown “Yo Momma” jokes…

What we have is a lot better. Enemy mobs respond to what’s going on, try to take out unpredictable targets, and the whole team has to work together to take them out and not go down first. No timer, no bossmods callout, no meter to watch, no rotation.
- Instead you have to be mobile in both position and tactics.

The combat here is on the fly in your face think up a new plan as you go responsive teamwork. A lot more like an actual fight.

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

(edited by Kichwas.7152)

Nick.6972

This thread is not about trinity, but, I’ll just add , they removed trinity, but didn’t replace it with anything better.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Wouldn’t you love to play extremely hard elite 12 player dungeon which would require 2-3+ hours to complete , which would require you to be skilled, a good player, and require immense teamplay, strategies and preparation?

To spice things up, say, this dungeon would be only open for one time in a week and to enter you would have to pay 5G.
And no waypoints/checkpoints and armor repair.

Personally, I’d love this, I’d even pay arena net for a DLC including this.

As for the rewards, I wouldn’t personally care all that much, perhaps an end chest.

/*********************************************
The question is, why not?

so you want WoW raiding in GW2? No thank you, I hate raids.
Now make the dungeon always open, drop the player count to 5 and I’ll give you a thumbs up.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Making games easier rakes in more players

Kichwas.7152

“Hard” PvE is playing Dark Age of Camelot in 2005 doing a Masterl level 10 Raid with 100 people and you have the Boss at 10% HP and then BAM, 200+ Mids or Hibs(Enemy PLAYERS) port in and wipe your entire 100 person raid and kill the boss and get the loot. THAT is about as “hard” as “pve” will ever get in an MMORPG.

That’s not hard, that’s using a griefing exploit to make a raid super easy by piggybacking on someone else.

For those people that ported in, that was super easy. They just griefed somebody else and rolled /win.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The game’s income is based on the cash shop model. While the game is buy 2 play, that cost can be seen as paying for the game’s original development. But month to month, it’s the cash shop.

Now the cash shop model is based on the notion that a relatively small percentage of players will be willing to pay real money for some item and/or service. Nexon has said their target to get 10% of the active player base to spend around $15 a month on average. Now if you look at this model there are three items there. First is the overall active player population. Second is the percentage of active players you are able to lure to your shop. The third is the amount they are willing to spend.

The key, from how I see it, is the player population. The more the better. If that means more people will buy your buffalo chicken wings that are only mildly tangy to true buffalo chicken fanciers, because most people can’t handle them if they were made Dave’s Insanity, then so be it. It’s better from a cash shop standpoint to have a large world of “wimps” than a smaller world of “hardcore”.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Players Dont hate hard content many love it what players Hate is how unrewarding everything is take for example dungeons and Champions all dungeons pretty much reward you the same despite some taking minutes and others hours some champions die quickly but some take longer or are more challenging yet they all drop Blue or white stuff. then you take the fact you pretty much are meant to do said dungeons once or twice a day only thanks to the DR system wich means even less rewards .

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

Feh. I like jump-in-and-play content and the feeling that the path you take can be as worth it as the destination…

So basically, yeah…
@#!$ pre-structured group content and end-chest-centric instances.
That kind of stuff is simply tedious and just fosters an extremely unpleasant atmosphere, IMO.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Kichwas.7152

Its far more likely that its casuals who chuck money at the gem store really…because they have no time to grind gold 4-8 hrs aday…

I’d rather fork out my credit card to buy a set of dances and town clothes than spend time farming the same content over and over again to get the gold. When I’m in the game, I vary up what I do constantly playing through this or that content. Never farm it, but explore and enjoy it.

I don’t think that makes me more ‘casual’. I don’t consider the farmers hardcore players, but deluded players. Why do the same repetitive task over and over again to get gold for… what exactly?

I bought this game, and want to enjoy all of the purchase, all of the content.

There’s no raid to gear up for, so why would I ever need to grind for gold?

But at the moment I’m probably clocking 6 to 10 hours a day on the days I’m in game… pretty insane, but right now I have the time after work to do that.

Oh and for the farmers over there who ran MF like no tomorrow and probably were sick of it. I went there 4 times in its lifespan. The dungeon stayed exciting for me the whole time, because I spent most of the time doing other things and avoiding burnout from repetition.
My runs were:
1. guild on patch night, using lowbies and no guides just to explore.
2. PUG next day because I had not realized I needed to finish living story first to get achievement.
3. Guild group to help some people who wanted to go.
4. Guild group to help some people who had taken a bit long to finish living story.

See screenshot below for what I got on my 4th run. Farming… gets you nowhere.
- To beat the random chance on this one would take months of farming it. For what? A single skin?

I will likely sit on this for a year or so, account binding to remove temptation to sell it. Because that gold is meaningless.

Attachments:

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I don’t care about difficulty, but do give us dungeons that scale from 1 to 12 people, please.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Kichwas.7152

I don’t care about difficulty, but do give us dungeons that scale from 1 to 12 people, please.

I personally prefer 5-person, but do think it would be nice to have them scaleable from 5 to 10.

Never below 5, or the group content starts to get too soloable (and they need to patch the current content that some have figured out how to solo).

I get dubious above 10 because the amount of coordination gets too unwieldy for forming groups and I do -not- think they should ever have a tool that auto forms PUGs (that kind of tool is a major part of what destroyed WoW’s community).

Posted by: SnoodBeAR.5286

SnoodBeAR.5286

“you don’t have to be there all night, you can log in for 20 minutes”
“and then for the casual players who don’t want to have to chase after those goals we have this open kinda casual fun world that they can run around in too”

Interview with Colin

Except they really haven’t been casual friendly since November. Here’s how:

1. made the game even more dungeon focused
  2. added DR and changed the loot structure in November taking away the possibility of farming anything T6 in the open world
  3. almost no minigames in towns (no newly added ones either, actual farming, no fishing game, no hunting games complete with cosmetics props and rewards)
  4. added gear to the game that’s exclusionary and told us that new content with this gear would only be available to players with agony resistance
  5. did very little if any DE additions or meta additions since November to give us that feeling of being in a dynamic world.

Does this answer your question SnoodBeAR?

Just because they didn’t give you casual content you want it doesn’t mean it hasn’t been added. The addition of SaB, the holiday events, southsun cove and the bulk of living story have hardly been dungeon orientated at all, we got 2 bits of proper dungeon content in the past 8 months and one piece of that was temporary.. so no, it has been dungeon focused at all.. they have just done a few things that affect your farming

(edited by SnoodBeAR.5286)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Games are built using math. Content is either designed so that the numbers say the encounter can be done, or it can’t. Nobody does it if it can’t be done because it’s a waste of time.

As for “hard” content. There is no permanently hard PvE content in any game. There’s content that the best players can’t do — that’s not hard, it’s “over-tuned.” There’s content that is hard at first — until players figure it out, after which it’s “too easy.” Then there’s everything else, which is “afked” or “face-rolled.”

No its true. This game lacks in hardcore content. Especially permanent content at least. One of my friends hasnt played since february because of geographical issues but when he gets back im tryna think what to tell him is new. I mean guild missions is the only new content we’ve had in the past 5 months. thats hardcore and permanent. why anet why!!!

What non-hard, permanent PvE content has been added in the past 5 months?

Posted by: NoodllZ.8376

NoodllZ.8376

As far as GW2 goes its still new, almost a year old. Yes we want more challenging content and it will come in time. Most of the dungeons have unfinished content in them so maybe they will extend them.

What I do dislike about GW2 is how unrewarding it can be most of the time. No matter how well you play, how fast you are, how hard you hit or how much you kill it all comes down to that RNG.

If i could get a 6 person party and have the RNG being a little more forgiving I’d be happy.

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

I guess it’s because the lack of a real trinity in this game limits the possibilities of interesting fights…

Does it? In Singleplayergames like Zelda, DmC, Darksiders, Dark Souls are many good bossfights. Anet rushed GW2 and so many dungeons are … bad (large healthbar, no attackpatterns and so on). Look at the new dungeon, cof-story or ascalon the second way.

The lack of the trinity is not the problem, many bossfights in GW2 are just to boring.

Look at the dragons: big static losers and than compare them to the dragons in Dark Souls.

You invalidated your own argument when you named SINGLE-PLAYER games as your examples.

This isn’t a single-player game, thus the sort of fights have to be different. Not to mention the controls aren’t the same as those games and you also have to deal with things like latency and general communication with the server. They have essentially gotten as close as they can to the combat in something like Dark Souls with GW2 and you can see it has its major flaws.

There is simply little they can truly do to make the boss fights more interesting without healers and tanks. They have to consider that they have 8 classes that must all be able to counter the fight on their own. Essentially, every boss fight needs to be doable solo outside of any gimmicks they add(like the CoE path 3 shield boss with the lasers).

All they can really do is try to add goofy gimmicks that require people do to things outside of combat(lasers in CoE p3, fan in the JP fractal, hammer in cliffside fractal, etc) and spam the ever living daylights out of AOE ground effects like in the weapons facility.

Posted by: Kakeru.2873

Kakeru.2873

As far as GW2 goes its still new, almost a year old. Yes we want more challenging content and it will come in time. Most of the dungeons have unfinished content in them so maybe they will extend them.

What I do dislike about GW2 is how unrewarding it can be most of the time. No matter how well you play, how fast you are, how hard you hit or how much you kill it all comes down to that RNG.

If i could get a 6 person party and have the RNG being a little more forgiving I’d be happy.

Only coming up to a year old BUT IT’S STILL NEW GUYS! Gw2 is still new man whole 5 years of development and a year of actual release BUT STILL NEW GUYZ.

It’s a dead argument, you can no longer use the “the game’s new”.

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

If GW2 had 3 hour long content it would divulge into a mindless zerg since there is no form of a trinity system…

Id love to raids though….but with the current terrible system its not gonna be fun

Also content cant be made to hard in this game…..since there is no trinity…OR similar well though out system….All Anet can do is make a boss with a stupid ammount of HP (Thats their version of “hard”) and expect us to mindlessly hit it for 30 minutes and call it a day.

(edited by Angelus.1042)

Posted by: Brimstone.3807

Brimstone.3807

Wouldn’t you love to play extremely hard elite 12 player dungeon which would require 2-3+ hours to complete , which would require you to be skilled, a good player, and require immense teamplay, strategies and preparation?

To spice things up, say, this dungeon would be only open for one time in a week and to enter you would have to pay 5G.

As for the rewards, I wouldn’t personally care all that much, perhaps an end chest.

While I have no issue with this content being available for players that had the time to consume it, I would not engage in it myself with my current schedule. It is not the 2-3 hour block that is so much the issue as much as it is having to show up at a certain time and duration with no flexibility to walk away and attend life’s demands. Just can’t do that anymore. Again fine with it as long is it does not divide the community.

Angelus.1042

While I have no issue with this content being available for players that had the time to consume it, I would not engage in it myself with my current schedule. It is not the 2-3 hour block that is so much the issue as much as it is having to show up at a certain time and duration with no flexibility to walk away and attend life’s demands. Just can’t do that anymore. Again fine with it as long is it does not divide the community.

Thats why you find guilds or groups that don’t do this kind of content …. or find a guild or group that does raids like on weekends or whatever.

My guild in some other games we are all working professionals but we enjoy the game we play and have set aside times that work for everyone. If not we have backups.

There will always be those who raid 5 nights a week others that do it once or twice….others that raid weekends or others that don’t care about raiding and go do other things that interest them….

People think it will divide the community…..look at this games community already lol….

Anyways anyone can easily find a like minded group of playstyles as long as they look for it and can have fun.

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Because in GW2 ‘hard’ content is rewarded with greens and blues.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Angelus.1042

Because in GW2 ‘hard’ content is rewarded with greens and blues.

This^

Or nothing at all..

Posted by: Incognito.7820

Incognito.7820

Most people I run dungeons with (mostly pugs at 40+ FotM) agree that there is not enough content and the current content is not challanging.
After learning the fight mechanics it is almost not possible to fail any encounter even with a pug group, something which had never happened to me in any other mmorpg.

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Reading the OP a bit more just confirms what I’ve already believed: people don’t want a dungeon that’s hard for them, they want a dungeon that’s hard for other people. That way, they can lord over other people the fact that they, themselves, have completed the dungeon. As I said, you want a challenge? Go into a dungeon with level 1 gear. But I bet you won’t.