Why EIGHT PVP dailies and only FOUR PVE ones?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Anet, this imbalance is unfair to those of us who loathe and detest PVP and never do it, the choice of dailies PVEers have is terrible, make it 6-6 each!

PVE is made worse with one requiring a world dragon event, meaning standing around till it spawns.

(edited by Kraggy.4169)

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Technically, there’s 4 for each mode. PvP and WvW are quite different and are treated as such by the devs, even if both involve battling other players.

That said, I’d be all in favor of increasing the number of dailies across the board. 6/6/6, 8/8/8, whatever. More options is always nice.

Definitely should not reduce the current numbers at all.

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Why have kill veteran and bloodlust claiming in WvW dailies when they no longer exist making it so there is only 1 or 2 WvW dailies.

Each game mode needs more working options. The fix should not be to lower one and bring the other up. It should be to bring them all up to the same level so that there is 8 choices for all. I never heard anyone complain about to many choices.

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Perhaps have the fractal dailies count as regular dailies as well.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Now listen here, wvw is not pvp and pvp is not wvw.
Even take it a step further and actually look at the dailies, half the wvw dailies aren’t even competitive based,
“big spender” just requires you to spend money (certainly not pvp)
“Ruin cap” (Yes they’ve been removed, however we still have the dailies so you still get to hear about then) literally requires you to stand somewhere that active pvpers avoid.
“Guard Killer” Not pvp, not pvp at all…
“Tower/Keep Cap” realistically these are iffy, but if you find a zerg and ktrain no one’s going to get in your way 9/10 times.
That’s just the WvW, even PvP has dailies that don’t require you to do anything but show up….

~Try leaving your comfort zone, we (wvw) had to do it in order to get specializations in a reasonable timeframe. Pvp doesn’t have to leave as often as they used to but they still want the shiny stuff too.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I don’t get it, what’s so horrible about WvW?

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i remembr the daily system before this mess. where it was a giant list of 20 activities (fairly broad ones) or so and u just played the game… and usu still got the daily.

naow its like “do it x way, or dont’ get ur daily”

course, anet n gw2 have been doing a lot to move it the game to this form… legendary armors (raids) guilds (be big or don’t bother) grind them masteries…

Posted by: ferdi.1452

ferdi.1452

I remember the daily system before this mess. Where it was just a giant list of 20 activities (fairly broad ones) or so and you got your daily by just playing the game.

Now it’s like ‘do it this way’, or ’don’t get your daily’

Of course, Anet and gw2 have been doing a lot to move the game to this form. Legendary armor (raids), guilds (be big or don’t bother) and grind masteries.

(edited by ferdi.1452)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Anet, this imbalance is unfair to those of us who loathe and detest PVP and never do it, the choice of dailies PVEers have is terrible, make it 6-6 each!

PVE is made worse with one requiring a world dragon event, meaning standing around till it spawns.

As others have said, you have four choices to complete something that’s optional.

• The PvP dailies can be done in the so-called daily rooms with a friend. It’s basically PvW (player vs wait wait wait — got it).
  • Two of the WvW dailies in the rotation are PvE: Big Spender (talk to an NPC and turn in badges, which everyone gets from AP chests) and land claimer (there is usually one avail next to your spawn, at off-peak hours)

I’d like to see more options or at least different ones. However, there’s currently a strong mix and a reasonably fair distribution across the game modes.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

The game includes WvW, sPvP, and PvE. I loathe PvE, but it’s part of the game when you have to do it. Many people that WvW don’t sPvP, it’s not the same thing.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Perhaps have the fractal dailies count as regular dailies as well.

This should 100% be a thing.

There’s no reason for them to not be credited as such.