Why I don't log in much after only 4 short weeks.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Maurier.6094

Maurier.6094

1) Repetitiveness. – Every Zone/area feels exactly the same.

2) Quest Hubs – yea don’t lie you still have em; now it is just run to heart and do their quest which even shows in the helper while waiting for the DE event to spawn for that area.

3) Dynamic Events are FAR FROM dynamic. Being Dynamic implies they change, this is not true as event is same over and over again.
3a) These do not have the feel they should when the same event happens 3 times in 10 minutes.

4) Overcrowding – everything is one giant zerg.

5) Instances are just plain stupid design. Yea I get that you wanted to try something different but it is ok to admit that something is wrong, that is the first step to correcting a problem.

6) Terrible user base. Not socially, but skill wise 9/10 players I run into are well for lack of a better word ‘crappy’ players. A generation raised by WoW I guess.
(This could be due to the overcrowding zerg rush somewhat but I swear half the people I meet don’t know to to actually dodge, and many don’t know there is an actual button to do so).
6)a) I’m a skilled casual player so finding other skilled players to run an instance is more of a challenge than instance itself.

7) GOLD/MAGIC FIND = Worst stat and game mechanic in history of mankind.
– Dumb people think this is a good thing, smart people like me realize they get screwed out of real stats stacking it or screwed out of loot for stacking real stats. This is a lose, lose scenario; not even a chance of a win.

(edited by Maurier.6094)

Posted by: SpectacularYak.6518

SpectacularYak.6518

Can I get a summary of your plans for your next 4 weeks? This is gripping stuff.

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

So you paid 60 bucks and got four full weeks of entertainment out of this game? Not too bad i’d say…

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

This is not a WoW type, play for 4 years straight, kind of game. This is a buy and play for a month, then come back every now and then when new content comes out kind of game.

Posted by: Gao Gao.4973

Gao Gao.4973

join a smaller population server. less zerg, and the people that have the motivation to play on a smaller server are usually more individually skilled.

Baiyun – Necromancer
Member of Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

Maurier.6094

join a smaller population server = No such thing = They are all zerg fests ATM

Also how am I suppose to do that when ‘locked’ into a home world already.

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

You aren’t paying a sub. Stop playing for a few months and check the forums from time-to-time. Content will be added regularly, i’m quite sure.

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You’re not locked into a home world. You can transfer between servers for free as often as you want at the moment.

That will change at some point down the line, but even then it will be possible to change, you’ll just have to pay and be limited to once a week.

Incidentally I’m curious, if you didn’t even know you can transfer between servers how are you so certain of how DE’s work on all of them?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Maurier.6094

“Incidentally I’m curious, if you didn’t even know you can transfer between servers how are you so certain of how DE’s work on all of them?”

My folks play on a different server SUPER Casually and they say the exact same thing about DE’s “where is the dynamic part?”

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

1) Repetitiveness. – Every Zone/area feels exactly the same.

2) Quest Hubs – yea don’t lie you still have em; now it is just run to heart and do their quest which even shows in the helper while waiting for the DE event to spawn for that area.

3) Dynamic Events are FAR FROM dynamic. Being Dynamic implies they change, this is not true as event is same over and over again.
3a) These do not have the feel they should when the same event happens 3 times in 10 minutes.

4) Overcrowding – everything is one giant zerg.

5) Instances are just plain stupid design. Yea I get that you wanted to try something different but it is ok to admit that something is wrong, that is the first step to correcting a problem.

6) Terrible user base. Not socially, but skill wise 9/10 players I run into are well for lack of a better word ‘crappy’ players. A generation raised by WoW I guess.
(This could be due to the overcrowding zerg rush somewhat but I swear half the people I meet don’t know to to actually dodge, and many don’t know there is an actual button to do so).
6)a) I’m a skilled casual player so finding other skilled players to run an instance is more of a challenge than instance itself.

7) GOLD/MAGIC FIND = Worst stat and game mechanic in history of mankind.
– Dumb people think this is a good thing, smart people like me realize they get screwed out of real stats stacking it or screwed out of loot for stacking real stats. This is a lose, lose scenario; not even a chance of a win.

1) really? I am at lvl 50 and have yet to see the same zone twice- in fact I get a huge kick out out seeing new zones because they are always different

2) You don’t seem to realize that hearts are just guidelines- they weren’t even in the game originally? I usually don’t even bother with them unless I really want their karma item or until I want to complete the map. There are no quest hubs, thank the stars!

3) Oh but they do!
The amount of people doing them change things so that it stays mostly on most good outcome on high pop servers.
But you do know that they chain, right? If you wait around and talk to npc’s it often sparks a chain that goes on and on.
In my case if I log on and the server is very busy and I have done the event already I just move on and do something else until the zerg has passed.
Often I get the rest of the chain because I am around but the zerg has chased the next event.

4) The zerg moves quickly, gather some materials for 5 min and they will be gone over the next hill
5) I hate instances which is why I have not done dungeons ( leaving that for when I can get a reliable team and have the time) but personal story instances are great
6) The game is 3 weeks old what did you expect? People play games to relax it is fun sometimes to herpkittenaround. Not everyone has the time or the need to be good at a game. Sure over a longer time- span you will see individual skills improve. I get a kick out of getting better as a player and more skilled with my profession.
I must also admit that some of my most fun moments where me being really blonde!

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

Maurier.6094

1) really? I am at lvl 50 and have yet to see the same zone twice- in fact I get a huge kick out out seeing new zones because they are always different

No Offense but you need to open your eyes then, every zone in the game follows the exact same pattern and none of them have a theme I can name (except the asura starting zone….thats was a theme!)

2) You don’t seem to realize that hearts are just guidelines- they weren’t even in the game originally? I usually don’t even bother with them unless I really want their karma item or until I want to complete the map. There are no quest hubs, thank the stars!

No they are quest / dynamic event hubs….. the only difference is they dont go into a quest log…oh wait yea Hearts do…

3) Oh but they do!
The amount of people doing them change things so that it stays mostly on most good outcome on high pop servers.
But you do know that they chain, right? If you wait around and talk to npc’s it often sparks a chain that goes on and on.
In my case if I log on and the server is very busy and I have done the event already I just move on and do something else until the zerg has passed.
Often I get the rest of the chain because I am around but the zerg has chased the next event.

I have yet to see one….they ALWAYS contain the same mob/mobs or the exact same number of waves attacking the exact same spot… that IS NOT Dynamic…look it up.

4) The zerg moves quickly, gather some materials for 5 min and they will be gone over the next hill

The Zerg is constant, sorry but by the time one zerg goes over hill the next one comes the other way.

5) I hate instances which is why I have not done dungeons ( leaving that for when I can get a reliable team and have the time) but personal story instances are great

Good luck, trust me you would not like them in current format.

6) The game is 3 weeks old what did you expect? People play games to relax it is fun sometimes to herpkittenaround. Not everyone has he time or the need to be good at a game. Sure over a longer time- span you will see individual skills improve. I get a kick out of getting better as a player and more skilled with my profession.
I must also admit that some of my most fun moments where me being really blonde!

I am not talking about specific skill in the game, I mean general skill and knowledge. Undertanding stats and weighting and all that good stuff to. (a lot of people if you ask them actually think 1 point of healing should make a heal spell heal for exactly one more /facepalm … this is basic RPG stuff for peet sake like from before video games even existed and we played with dice)

Posted by: pmiles.3489

pmiles.3489

Another satisfied customer!

Next…

Posted by: Zephyrlol.8497

Zephyrlol.8497

You can transfer between worlds once a day i thought.

Posted by: xerxys.2635

xerxys.2635

dude, playing a game for 1 month is pretty much enough i would say. just move on with your life.

Posted by: BIMBLE.7952

BIMBLE.7952

Can I get a summary of your plans for your next 4 weeks? This is gripping stuff.

This made me laugh.

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

I never really thought about how dynamic events are actually incredibly static. All I did from level 71-80 was farm that stupid risen invasion event in that one place north east of Orr. It was the same thing that would cycle every 5-10 minutes and would reward the same amount of exp silver and karma every single time. The only thing dynamic about dynamic events is the scaling. I wish they would actually occur in different places/different times and not on a set schedule.

Another thing that bothers me is the fact that all of the mobs are the same. I only have 31% world completion but in all of the zones I’ve explored the newest mob type I’ve seen was the destroyers, and those are pretty cool. Other than that it’s like the same thing in every zone, it’s just boring.

I do like the game and I think a lot of the elements that are a part of it would make for a fun time, but right now there are some really bad balancing issues and other stuff like diminishing returns that make me unable to actually enjoy this game. I’m probably not going to play for a while and check back with the forums like someone else suggested because right now I’m not really enjoying myself :|

CD

Posted by: Mastermind.3169

Mastermind.3169

I agree with 7, but most of the rest is probably just you playing too many hours at a time. Overcrowding is not an issue for me anymore, despite being on a server that frequently overflows the server is mostly empty now, and other players are rarely seen in the world. Sometimes during dragon events there can be maybe 10 people gathering at most.

I think it is time to start server mergings to keep populations up.

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

I agree with 7, but most of the rest is probably just you playing too many hours at a time. Overcrowding is not an issue for me anymore, despite being on a server that frequently overflows the server is mostly empty now, and other players are rarely seen in the world. Sometimes during dragon events there can be maybe 10 people gathering at most.

I think it is time to start server mergings to keep populations up.

server merges 4 weks in.. please, not even tera started merging server that quickly and that game is the definition of awful.. or terable if you wannabe punny

CD

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

As expected the whinning begins.
Let me just say.
You don’t have to pay a monthly sub.
from your quest hub statement you haven’t gone in high end areas. Since the renown hearts were only placed there to ween you off of the QH system.final statement. Bye you won’t be missed

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

(edited by Krosslite.1950)

Posted by: Orbys.4895

Orbys.4895

Sorrows Furnace is pretty weak in population. I seldom cross paths with others. If i call out for help on events usually only 2-3 people manage to show up. I have had decent luck in dungeons so far, as far as parties go.

However, if you come here dont expect to win WvW, we seem to get rofl stomped every match up. We just dont have the required amount of players to run against the servers they put us on. The other teams seem to always have 500 man teams on day and night, our side has like 200 during peak haha.

Posted by: Orbys.4895

Orbys.4895

Also, I can hook you up with my guild if you want to join us. We have a facebook website, regular website, ventrilo, about 25 members, only seem to be 5-8 really active guys though. They are always willing to help when they are on though.

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

Seriously the same mobs over and over again? There are tons of varied mobs in GW2. Go play LOTRO then you’ll see repetitive mobs. In that game you get a wide choice of trolls, goblins, orcs, dwarves and wargs to kill and that’s it.

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

Four weeks in. World completion 100%, running events/dungeons/wvw all day WITH FRIENDS, never get bored. Seems like you need to find a social guild with whom you can hang out while playing, makes everything alot more fun =) And else I’m sure your the kind of person to hop on the next MMO which is probally going to be MoP for you, so enjoy your pandas, young man.

Posted by: Erhnam.5732

Erhnam.5732

Seriously the same mobs over and over again? There are tons of varied mobs in GW2. Go play LOTRO then you’ll see repetitive mobs. In that game you get a wide choice of trolls, goblins, orcs, dwarves and wargs to kill and that’s it.

You forgot boars. Boars everywhere!! I can´t wait to kill the Giant Board next to Sauron

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

You forgot boars. Boars everywhere!! I can´t wait to kill the Giant Board next to Sauron

To funny….lol

Posted by: Deith.7596

Deith.7596

This is not a WoW type, play for 4 years straight, kind of game. This is a buy and play for a month, then come back every now and then when new content comes out kind of game.

So I paid for a game that is not full during launch and I shouldn’t be playing during first weeks (months?) and wait for proper content to be added? And don’t give me this WoW bs, I’m not buying.

None of good stories starts with “I was drinking my milk when suddenly…”

Posted by: Rock.7324

Rock.7324

So I paid for a game that is not full during launch and I shouldn’t be playing during first weeks (months?) and wait for proper content to be added? And don’t give me this WoW bs, I’m not buying.

Tell me a game that was perfect at launch. Please. Just one.

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *
Rockbaby – Asura Guardian, Desolation EU :)
Rockavenger – Dwarf Paladin, Bronzebeard EU :D

Posted by: Payne.5062

Payne.5062

If the op thinks this is a repetitive short content game with bad party members and useless drops i’m even afraid to ask what he thinks of diablo 3

..i do understand the need to vent about personal taste but i just can’t think of a better game than this one ..and ArenaNet do cares about the community so this work of art will get better and better

Posted by: deriver.5381

deriver.5381

People just need to vent their frustrations, that’s it. Why do we mostly see whining posts here? Because everyone else is having fun in game. And judging by the huge numbers of copies sold, I’m inclined to belive the whiners are just a vocal minority.

Even more noticeable if you start to memorize some names on this forum. You will see the same names in many many whining posts like this one.

Posted by: fingis.2867

fingis.2867

OP doesn’t pvp. I feel sorry for anyone who bought this game who didn’t buy it for the pvp.

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Try running from heart to heart in Orr.

It doesn’t work out too well.