Why I left GW2

Why I left GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Illuminati.2431

Illuminati.2431

These blasted threads. Every time I see a variant on “why I left GW2?” I mentally answer "quite frankly my dear I don’t give a kitten "

I can see why you think that, but they keep popping up more and more. That’s a serious indication this game is losing a lot of players. People that actually care enough about the game and go to the forums to post things. Now they even care enough that they are posting that they are leaving.
It isn’t good advertising for new players either. Usually, when I’m going to play a new MMO, I first check a couple of things, including their forums. If you look in here, those potentional new players see alot of players complaining(whether the complaints are well argumented or just QQ doens’t matter in this case), and they see lots of players leaving. That’s bad publicity for this game. It’s not like no new player will come, but I’m almost certain a couple of players who wheren’t convinced to buy and play this game or not, didn’t do it after all because of what they saw on the forums.

So indeed, it’s easy to say I don’t give a kitten, I don’t think alot of us do(you could put it in another way though:p), but it’s something that really needs to be taken seriously.

At least, in my opinion that is…..

You mean like three a week? It was just as bad a couple of years ago. That’s not more and more. I’ve had more people who left come back to the game in the last week than there have been leaving posts on these forums and that’s just one little guild.

My guild had 167 members, only 21 are left. 8 came back and now 7 are gone. Out of those 28 now, 13 started playing AA and have gone inactive in GW2. Quite the opposite to you. And honestly, I don’t think even a major update of the expansion-pack size would bring even 20 people back. It’s a missed opportunity, I think. But who knows, if GW3 comes out, we will all be back again! ( I hope! )

I THINK, that if gw3 folows some gw1 rules instead of 2, a lot more people would come back yes. At least, thats what everyone around me says. If gw3 is going to be a polished gw2 with the same ‘business plan’ etc., they wont return.

In your own words…okay. Doesn’t change the fact that this is not nearly the worst exodus we’ve seen from the game.

People have been leaving all along. People have been joining all along. People have been coming back all along.

I understand that you think this is some massive exodus that is somehow going to rob this game of every living body. I understand that’s your opinion.

But what you’re actually doing is venturing an opinion about something factual. I can have an opinion about how many people live in NYC, except there’s a factual number of people living in NYC and my opinion is largely irrelevant. Why? Because how many people are leaving isn’t really a matter of opinion.

I like the game is an opinion. I don’t like this game is an opinion. People are leaving in droves or a lot of people leaving is you venturing an opinion about a fact. I suggest there’s a subtle difference.

At any rate, you’re certainly entitled to your opinion.

And you have the exact numbers about people leaving and coming back to the game?
That all depends on who you play with. In your gaming circle it may be whole different than for someone else’s gaming circle.

You can look up the population of NYC. You can’’t look up how many people have left gw2 and came back. Because we don’t have those numbers. All I’m doing is basing my opinion off on what I see on the forums and in my gaming circle. And like I stated before, everybody’s gaming circle can differ very much from one another. That’s why there are many different opinions.

I agree. You can’t look up how many people are leaving the game, but there are a specific number of people leaving. And we don’t know it. So venturing an opinion on it is, in my opinion, pointless.

It’s a conversation that helps nobody. It’s right or wrong, no one knows. It’s not constructive. It leads nowhere.

But it does have a harmful effect if someone believes it, whether it’s true or not. If I say something harmful, I’m going to try to state things factually. Not venture an opinion based on observation that I know only tells a small part of the story.

Ok, you can go state your things fractually. Do what ever you want. Like this converstation about you having the need, and urge, and whatever, to convince me about something is helping anybody? Hell, I even don’t know if you are convincing me. I dunno what the hell you’re doing.
You can’t let it rest, but I will, so case closed(for me).

Why I left GW2

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

It has been confirmed a while ago that vayne’s reason d’etre is to find any and all threads about GW, about leaving GW2, or about providing criticism on GW2, and then derail them as to obscure the original point of a particular OP.

Naturally, it appears these derails do not qualify for moderation, as they coincide with the company stance on such matters (or such would be my best guess, at least).

Needless to say, I expect prompt moderation and deletion of this post, on the other hand.

At Scipio, inorite~
dat sense
much logic
whoa

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It has been confirmed a while ago that vayne’s reason d’etre is to find any and all threads about GW, about leaving GW2, or about providing criticism about GW2, and then derail them as much as possible to obscure the original point of a particular OP.

Naturally, it appears such derails do not qualify for moderation, as they coincide with the company stance on such issues (or such would be my best guess, at least).

Needless to say, I expect prompt moderation and deletion of this post, on the other hand.

And I assume you think your post is on topic somehow?

On topic: I’m not even sure that leaving posts are against the rule anymore, I had thought they were, but some of them have been left.

Why I left GW2

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

It has been confirmed a while ago that vayne’s reason d’etre is to find any and all threads about GW, about leaving GW2, or about providing criticism about GW2, and then derail them as much as possible to obscure the original point of a particular OP.

Naturally, it appears such derails do not qualify for moderation, as they coincide with the company stance on such issues (or such would be my best guess, at least).

On topic: I’m not even sure that leaving posts are against the rule anymore, I had thought they were, but some of them have been left.

Depends on how respectful people are, it seems. And if there’s any constructive discussion involved.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

These blasted threads. Every time I see a variant on “why I left GW2?” I mentally answer "quite frankly my dear I don’t give a kitten "

I can see why you think that, but they keep popping up more and more. That’s a serious indication this game is losing a lot of players. People that actually care enough about the game and go to the forums to post things. Now they even care enough that they are posting that they are leaving.
It isn’t good advertising for new players either. Usually, when I’m going to play a new MMO, I first check a couple of things, including their forums. If you look in here, those potentional new players see alot of players complaining(whether the complaints are well argumented or just QQ doens’t matter in this case), and they see lots of players leaving. That’s bad publicity for this game. It’s not like no new player will come, but I’m almost certain a couple of players who wheren’t convinced to buy and play this game or not, didn’t do it after all because of what they saw on the forums.

So indeed, it’s easy to say I don’t give a kitten, I don’t think alot of us do(you could put it in another way though:p), but it’s something that really needs to be taken seriously.

You mean like three a week? It was just as bad a couple of years ago. That’s not more and more. I’ve had more people who left come back to the game in the last week than there have been leaving posts on these forums and that’s just one little guild.

My guild had 167 members, only 21 are left. 8 came back and now 7 are gone. Out of those 28 now, 13 started playing AA and have gone inactive in GW2. Quite the opposite to you. And honestly, I don’t think even a major update of the expansion-pack size would bring even 20 people back. It’s a missed opportunity, I think. But who knows, if GW3 comes out, we will all be back again! ( I hope! )

At the height of its strength my guild had over 300 active members and was the second largest guild on the server. That was over a year and a half ago. Steady attrition aa people wen their ways to do their things has meant that most nights I’m the only officer left online although now I’m in the middle of a country move so I can’t even log in. Even our guild leader has left the game. At most I might see the last 3 members online and even they’re not on much. The guild will probably still be around in name but I’ll probably tell the few remaining members that are left who log on that there’s no hard feelings if they want to move ro other guilds or rep other guilds.

This is the nature of MMOs. A clan or guild grows and if the members can make something of the game to foster their community then the guild will live for a while then eventually ppl lose interest and move on. Eventually the guild dies.

Why I left GW2

KarlaGrey.5903

And you assume anything after your 2nd post in this topic was constructive?

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Illuminati.2431

Illuminati.2431

And on alot of other topics after the 1st or 2nd post.

Why I left GW2

Vayne.8563

Do you know the one about glass houses and stones.

The OP has a legitimate grievance. He feels he lost money on something spent in the gemstore. He’s not saying he dislikes the game, he’s saying he dislikes the silence. By the same token, the OP never contacted support (as far as we know) to attempt to get a refund. He depended on a response to a thread. I’m relatively certain he would have gotten a refund had he attempted to get one. After all, functionality had changed.

Your comment, your initial comment isn’t a comment on what the OP is talking about. It’s a general comment about the number of good bye posts and how many people are leaving this game. I’m not sure how that’s on topic and I’m not sure how that’s constructive. It doesn’t invite conversation. It doesn’t help the OP at all. All it does is express your OPINION about what’s going on with the game, which is hardly something that can be said to be objective. It does not address the OP’s concern. It does not talk to his issues. It is off topic.

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Belisario.3410

Belisario.3410

I liked guild wars 2. More than any other mmo I’ve played. There were a couple of things I wish it had, and a couple things I didn’t like as much, but over all it was a wonderful experience.

As I stated in a post in the Game Updates: Wardrobe, Transmutation, Outfits feedback thread, the exchange rate they implemented for transmutation stones to charges left me feeling cheated. I am not happy about it.

But what really bothers me is the echoing silence from the Anet staff on the matter. A simple ‘we understand your frustration and will be more careful in the future’ would be enough for me. Sadly, even that much seems to be too much. There has been no Anet/dev response to the above thread since my complaint (along with about 20 pages of primarily negative feedback, though granted most of it isn’t related to my particular complaint).

Since the not so wonderful update, I haven’t played. I could live with the changes. I can even live with the loss of the money I spent in the gem store for stones that I was forced to exchange at a loss. It’s the silence and the indifference that silence shows that disgusts me. I just can’t bring myself to play any more.

If you folks at Anet want me back, all you have to do is reply.

Is that really so much to ask?

Hi good sir.
I hope you have a better time and challenge in your next game. Now, we don’t want your GW2 stuff sitting there getting dusty, I am a new player and I would be more than happy if you could send me gold and/or stuff since I am collecting to build the Legendary Axe.

My IGN is Fierce Knuckledust.

I hope you can consider my wish,

Sincerely yours,
Bel

Why I left GW2

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

Wow, I’m impressed. I think I like the post claiming this is an attempt to get attention are my favorites. Thanks for the attention? LOL

Obviously, yes, it’s as much an attempt to get attention and express my point of view as any comment, question, or statement ever made in any medium since the begging of infinity. Yes, I waited several months for a reply to the complaints. I have a great deal of patience.

Many just don’t see what the issue is, and on the surface I can see why you think it isn’t one. It isn’t about the money. I honestly don’t care if I get a refund or not. It’s more complicated than that.

It’s the silence, and the complete unwillingness to take even the tiniest bit of responsibility that bothers me. I’ve seen it before in other mmos, and all too often it’s a sign of things to come. How can a game be fun if your favorite aspects of it constantly disappear? If the devs aren’t willing to listen to what the players think, if they will do things their way and only their way and ignore anyone that disagrees with them, that’s exactly what happens to a game.

And I only ‘QQed’ about it because the game is worth the bother of lodging a complaint, so that doesn’t happen- and because I WANT to come back. Unfortunately, it bothers me so much that I can’t just enjoy the game until I have some reason to believe they are at least aware of it. It’s the principle of the thing.

And besides, patience is stubborn’s little sister. I have a great deal of that too.

I didn’t ask for an apology or refund, either. My exact word was ‘reply’- I said what I meant, and I meant what I said. I understand that they are busy, and I also understand they may have instructions from the idio- er, their superiors. A simple ‘hi’ would qualify. They can even leave out the letters, if they like.

PS
Just a little something for all you level 80s to think about: To me, end game is… the end of the game. Once I hit max level and do a little end game content, I loose interest in the character. Other people claim that’s when the game starts. Everyone has different play styles. Why criticize someone’s concern because they have a different play style?

Interesting…..

Here’s a tip: don’t stick your main concern / complaint in a 20 plus thread. Where it has little to no chance of it being seen by anet.

There’s principles, and then there is down right attention seeking.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

(edited by CalamityO.2890)

Why I left GW2

CalamityO.2890

The OP has a legitimate grievance. He feels he lost money on something spent in the gemstore. He’s not saying he dislikes the game, he’s saying he dislikes the silence. By the same token, the OP never contacted support (as far as we know) to attempt to get a refund. He depended on a response to a thread. I’m relatively certain he would have gotten a refund had he attempted to get one. After all, functionality had changed.

He would have gotten a better response, if he actually made a separate thread raising his concern to anet. Rather than depending on a single post, a single post – which is buried in a 20 page post. And he expects to Anet to respond to that. When we all know anet can’t respond to every comment or concerns. As you said, support would have been better for him. At least they would have given him a ‘reply’.

Why I left GW2

Vayne.8563

He would have gotten a better response, if he actually made a separate thread raising his concern to anet. Rather than depending on a single post, a single post – which is buried in a 20 page post. And he expects to Anet to respond to that. When we all know anet can’t respond to every comment or concerns. As you said, support would have been better for him. At least they would have given him a ‘reply’.

I agree he would have gotten a better response, and even better had he filled out a service ticket. But that doesn’t mean I can’t sympathize with his feelings.

Why I left GW2

CalamityO.2890

I agree he would have gotten a better response, and even better had he filled out a service ticket. But that doesn’t mean I can’t sympathize with his feelings.

I understand that the OP wants to feel like a valued customer. But the OP certainly has gone about it the wrong way.

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Spirigo.2897

Spirigo.2897

You are still posting here so you didn’t leave.

Why I left GW2

KarlaGrey.5903

I suppose you missed (or perhaps, ignored for convenience?) the part about the OP saying:
Many just don’t see what the issue is, and on the surface I can see why you think it isn’t one. It isn’t about the money. I honestly don’t care if I get a refund or not. It’s more complicated than that.

You’re welcome.

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Ooh, I know!

Mick Jagger walked into a glass house. The owner of the glass house threw him out. Mick called Keith Richards, who came and punched the owner of the glass house in the nose. The moral of the story: watch out for Keith Richards, he’s got a wicked right cross.

The table is a fable.

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

tl;dr
’k
Gonna file this with the other uselessly repetitive threads. Like mounts. Or GvG.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Why I left GW2

Vayne.8563

I suppose you missed (or perhaps, ignored for convenience?) the part about the OP saying:

You’re welcome.

I didn’t miss it. However, since Anet did post about refunds during the patch changes, and the OP, apparently didn’t contact support, even though Anet made a post about refunds and ended it with saying if you’re not sure you should ask for a refund, I’m not quite sure that the OP is in the right in this case, sympathy or no sympathy. I’d have at least asked. Oh, here’s the post, because I know how you feel about links.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Customer-Support-and-the-Feature-Pack/first#post3896529

Why I left GW2

Posted by: SeuRafinha.5924

SeuRafinha.5924

hi guys.. I left the game 2 months ago. I was kinda bored: have a legendary, dungeon master, a lot of skins, ascended gear, a LOT of roaming, zerg wvw andGvG, a decent time on tPvP. You know.. there was not much purpose for me. But I miss my necro LOL. How is game now? It’s worth trying again? Ty

Why I left GW2

Vayne.8563

hi guys.. I left the game 2 months ago. I was kinda bored: have a legendary, dungeon master, a lot of skins, ascended gear, a LOT of roaming, zerg wvw andGvG, a decent time on tPvP. You know.. there was not much purpose for me. But I miss my necro LOL. How is game now? It’s worth trying again? Ty

This is a bad place to ask. The game is free. The new patch is hitting in a couple of hours. Come try it. There have been a lot of changes. Depending on what you’re into, the game could be better or worse.

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

I THINK, that if gw3 folows some gw1 rules instead of 2, a lot more people would come back yes. At least, thats what everyone around me says. If gw3 is going to be a polished gw2 with the same ‘business plan’ etc., they wont return.

Pretty much what all my friends say, lol. GW1 in GW2 skin would be the best MMO evah.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Why I left GW2

KarlaGrey.5903

You’re welcome.

I didn’t miss it. However, since Anet did post about refunds during the patch changes, and the OP, apparently didn’t contact support, even though Anet made a post about refunds and ended it with saying if you’re not sure you should ask for a refund, I’m not quite sure that the OP is in the right in this case, sympathy or no sympathy. I’d have at least asked. Oh, here’s the post, because I know how you feel about links.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Customer-Support-and-the-Feature-Pack/first#post3896529

Ok, the point the OP was trying to make went over your head. Completely.
Np

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Pretty much what all my friends say, lol. GW1 in GW2 skin would be the best MMO evah.

And i want EQ2 without raids, a newer better engine, char editor like Aion / Archage, no gear grind .. open world events like in GW2 / Rift .. shared loot like in GW2 .. Skins from Lineage 2, GW1, GW2, Aion .. and whatever else ..

And of course everything for free !

Sadly nobody has the same great vision .. lol

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Is it too late to ask for all your gold?

Why I left GW2

Vayne.8563

You’re welcome.

Np

Or you’re misinterpreting it, because you have a bias against the game already. Either thing is possible. However, I’ll wait for the OP to come and clarify his position and we can take it from there.

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

As I stated in a post in the Game Updates: Wardrobe, Transmutation, Outfits feedback thread, the exchange rate they implemented for transmutation stones to charges left me feeling cheated. I am not happy about it.

I like the wardrobe update, but it is a kick in the transmutation stones, especially for alts who previously just needed the yellow stones.

Here is the thing though: You can get TONS of transmutation stones/charges EASILY and QUICKLY by playing sPvP.

If you dont like sPvP, hey, that stinks. But you know what, a lot of WvW’rs and PvP’rs hate PvE, yet they are forced to PvE as its the most practical way to acquire… just about everything other than transmutation stones.

PvP, get stones, enjoy. Don’t pvp? Don’t complain.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

(edited by Raven.9603)

Why I left GW2

Vayne.8563

I like the wardrobe update, but it is a kick in the transmutation stones, especially for alts who previously just needed the yellow stones.

Here is the thing though: You can get TONS of transmutation stones EASILY by playing sPvP.

If you dont like sPvP, hey, that stinks. But you know what, a lot of WvW’rs and PvP’rs hate PvE, yet they are forced to PvE as its the most practical way to acquire… just about everything other than transmutation stones.

PvP, get stones, enjoy. Don’t pvp? Don’t complain.

Or you can just convert gold to gems to buy them. Not efficient but it works. Because you can farm gold anywhere.

Why I left GW2

Rauderi.8706

Or you can just convert gold to gems to buy them. Not efficient but it works. Because you can farm gold anywhere.

And at least trans stones are reasonably priced, unlike keys. :\

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

So, you left because Anet was silent on responding to a thread about consolidated transmutation charges, when the update that provided them:

allowed you to keep all skins you obtained
Allowed you to project these skins onto any item of the same type, as many times as you wanted

because the exchange rate wasn’t good enough, and anet wouldn’t say sorry?

I am having difficulty not finding that silly. I will mail you transmutation charges if your problem is that simple.

they’re not expensive, and for the system we have now, the revamp was worth it. Sometimes changes happen that don’t benefit you, though. Why you’d cast an entire game off for a minor setback that benefits you long term is beyond me, though.

As for Anet’s silence, maybe they just don’t see it as a problem, especially considering the work they put into the system as a whole.

For what it’s worth though, they are speaking to the community via forums a bit more, and the CDI is up, so.. there’s that.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Why I left GW2

Rauderi.8706

So, you left because Anet was silent on responding to a thread about consolidated transmutation charges, when the update that provided them:

allowed you to keep all skins you obtained
Allowed you to project these skins onto any item of the same type, as many times as you wanted

because the exchange rate wasn’t good enough, and anet wouldn’t say sorry?

I am having difficulty not finding that silly. I will mail you transmutation charges if your problem is that simple.

they’re not expensive, and for the system we have now, the revamp was worth it. Sometimes changes happen that don’t benefit you, though. Why you’d cast an entire game off for a minor setback that benefits you long term is beyond me, though.

As for Anet’s silence, maybe they just don’t see it as a problem, especially considering the work they put into the system as a whole.

For what it’s worth though, they are speaking to the community via forums a bit more, and the CDI is up, so.. there’s that.

I dunno, man. I had one extra yellow crystal. And I was kittened that I couldn’t use it. Absolutel-

Yeah, I’m being sarcastic. I’m still waiting to use some of the other seasonal items that I kept squirreled away, just in case. Like the 100+ gauntlet tickets. =P

Many alts; handle it!

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Meryn.6875

Meryn.6875

But what really bothers me is the echoing silence from the Anet staff on the matter. A simple ‘we understand your frustration and will be more careful in the future’ would be enough for me.

You have to understand that anet can’t apologize for YOUR frustration, while there are others that enjoy this. Your problems are your problems. If ANET had to apologize for everyone’s frustrations they wouldnt even have time to think about the game.
Man the heck up and deal with it.

Since the not so wonderful update, I haven’t played.

Im sorry but i have to say this. Stop being a crybaby, did you really quit because of 1 small update without any comments on it from the devs?

I could live with the changes. I can even live with the loss of the money I spent in the gem store for stones that I was forced to exchange at a loss. It’s the silence and the indifference that silence shows that disgusts me. I just can’t bring myself to play any more.

Yep, being mad at anet for not giving any interaction suddenly makes the game boring.
You stopped playing because you didnt enjoy the game, not because of not getting interaction with anet.
You dont like your girlfriend anymore because her parents dont wanna talk about a book they gave her?

If you folks at Anet want me back, all you have to do is reply.

SEEEEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAA!!!

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/log-in-tomorrow-for-free-transmutation-charges/

Also, did you miss this?

They gave away free charges just for logging in.

charges are technically free now, I kind of fail to see why Anet has to apologize because stones used to apply transmutations to non level 80 armor were converted at a 3-1 rate.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Np

Wasn’t the OP’s point that for starters he felt he got ripped off due to purchasing xmute stones before feature patch, but beyond that he’s most upset at the lack of communication from Anet? (i.e. he got no response from them; the “echoing silence” as OP stated)

So Vayne here linked a post from Anet (on these here official GW2 forums) that said basically if you are unhappy with items you’ve purchased due to a change in the way they are now implemented, you may request a refund, because they understand that it would be frustrating for someone to buy something on gem store and then a week later have that item’s functionality change. (which ironically is the exact thing that the OP wanted Anet to say and all would have been peachy, according to OP)

Therefore it wasn’t Anet that failed to communicate to OP, but OP not taking it upon himself to follow up on Anet’s offer for a refund? I know it’s risky siding with Vayne on the forums, but I think he understood the OP just fine.

All it comes down to is that OP didn’t see that message, didn’t inquire about a refund, and then made the decision to quit based off of that. Who knows, after seeing that Anet did in fact do what he wanted them to do, he may very well come back to the game. Or his pride will get in the way.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Why I left GW2

Posted by: khulse.4896

khulse.4896

Np

Wasn’t the OP’s point that for starters he felt he got ripped off due to purchasing xmute stones before feature patch, but beyond that he’s most upset at the lack of communication from Anet? (i.e. he got no response from them; the “echoing silence” as OP stated)

So Vayne here linked a post from Anet (on these here official GW2 forums) that said basically if you are unhappy with items you’ve purchased due to a change in the way they are now implemented, you may request a refund, because they understand that it would be frustrating for someone to buy something on gem store and then a week later have that item’s functionality change. (which ironically is the exact thing that the OP wanted Anet to say and all would have been peachy, according to OP)

Therefore it wasn’t Anet that failed to communicate to OP, but OP not taking it upon himself to follow up on Anet’s offer for a refund? I know it’s risky siding with Vayne on the forums, but I think he understood the OP just fine.

All it comes down to is that OP didn’t see that message, didn’t inquire about a refund, and then made the decision to quit based off of that. Who knows, after seeing that Anet did in fact do what he wanted them to do, he may very well come back to the game. Or his pride will get in the way.

OP did see that message at the time. OP’s understanding of that message was part of the reason OP was unhappy.

You see, they listed several specific items. Stones were not among them. That would be fine, if I was the only person to bring it up. I wasn’t. They did NOT say that you could request a refund on any item you were unhapy with. They said

Gem refunds for items you are unhappy with due to changes in the way the item functions:
• Tonics that used to be Town Clothes that were purchased in the Gem Store
• Outfits that used to be Town Clothes that were purchased in the Gem Store
Duplicate Gem Store Purchase Refunds:
• Duplicates skins that were purchased in the Gem Store
• Duplicates of Tonics/Outfits that were purchased from the Gem Store
Dye Refunds: (list of dyes excluded for brevity)

So no, they didn’t do what I wanted them to do. But that’s ok. Judging by the changes I’m seeing for the next major patch, this isn’t a game I’ll enjoy anymore anyway.

Thanks for the discussion, everyone. It was stimulating, if nothing else.

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

The best way to get a response from anet is to earn an infraction. That hits like a lightning bolt

Why I left GW2

Vayne.8563

Np

OP did see that message at the time. OP’s understanding of that message was part of the reason OP was unhappy.

You see, they listed several specific items. Stones were not among them. That would be fine, if I was the only person to bring it up. I wasn’t. They did NOT say that you could request a refund on any item you were unhapy with. They said

Gem refunds for items you are unhappy with due to changes in the way the item functions:

So no, they didn’t do what I wanted them to do. But that’s ok. Judging by the changes I’m seeing for the next major patch, this isn’t a game I’ll enjoy anymore anyway.

They did however say that if you weren’t sure if you were eligible for a refund, submit a ticket. It would have taken all of two minutes and you elected not to.

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Np

I get that the stones weren’t on the list (I previously thought they were, I apologize for that oversight), but if it were me, personally, I would have thought to myself “Hmmm, but what about the stones? Maybe that was overlooked, I’ll shoot them an email to find out since I’m not sure if they just forgot or what.” That likely would have been it.

They clearly took the time to explain to their customers that they realized their changes may have affected people negatively that had purchased specific items right before the new changes and that they would do what they could to rectify the situation. Just because they didn’t list your item specifically doesn’t mean their hearts weren’t in the right place. They very well may have simply forgotten to list it, or more likely, didn’t even think about that one.

I mean, did you attempt an email to clarify if you were eligible? Like Vayne said, they stated that if you weren’t sure, to contact them. I’d like to think you took that step like most consumers would have. If you did contact them and they said you were SOL, then that’s messed up and I would have probably quit too.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Anyone reading this want to start a game in forums? Every time we see a goodbye thread we take shots.

takes a drink

already part of mine.

Why I left GW2

KarlaGrey.5903

echoing stuff on refund

I suppose reading comprehension isn’t your thing – the OP and another post clearly stated that (not) receiving a compensation for his loss wasn’t the main issue.

Or perhaps, you’re pleased with the current level of their service, so you see no issue in that regard, and that is fine and dandy, as some things need to be experienced first-hand in order to be understood…and also comprehended.

On a separate note, expecting an actual reply to his complaint alone is indeed naive, however, a general thread of at least somewhat apologetic tone would most certainly had done a lot of good in terms of pacifying the disappointed and the disgruntled.

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Skaigash.4715

Skaigash.4715

White knights in this thread “who don’t give a flying kitten if a player leaves” can’t stop for once to think about the “why” of megaserver.

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

“None shall pass” worked back in the day.

Why I left GW2

Vayne.8563

White knights in this thread “who don’t give a flying kitten if a player leaves” can’t stop for once to think about the “why” of megaserver.

I never said I don’t give a kitten if a player leaves. But if I see a player posting a leaving thread that I think unreasonable, then what can I do. I saw a guy leaving because there are no mounts in this game. Okay. What should I do? There were never supposed to be mounts in this game.

I’ve already expressed sympathy for the OP. I feel bad that he feels cheated. I also feel he should have requested a refund from customer service. I’m almost positive he would have gotten it. I mean after all, he bought something with real money for which the functionality changed. There’s no reason not to give him that refund.

I believe the OP is posting about it because of the pent up frustration of long weeks of holding it in.

But I didn’t just send the OP off with a derisive wave of my hand. We’ve been in contact with each other and talking it through.

Not all fan boys are happy to see people leave and I said, and like I said earlier in the thread, I do sympathize with the OP.

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

If you folks at Anet want me back, all you have to do is reply

I’ve heard that holding your breath can also be advantageous in situations like these too.

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

@ OP. I feel your pain and wish you luck. I am fast approaching the same feeling.

P.S. In the unlikely event you someday return, don’t give away your stuff to anyone on the forums. There’s been an increase in trolls and liars lately.

Link

Hi good sir.
I hope you have a better time and challenge in your next game. Now, we don’t want your GW2 stuff sitting there getting dusty, I am a new player and I would be more than happy if you could send me gold and/or stuff since I am collecting to build the Legendary Axe.

My IGN is Fierce Knuckledust.

I hope you can consider my wish,

Sincerely yours,
Bel

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Or they realize the “why” is a natural outgrowth of the game aging.

Why I left GW2

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

If you quit, why are you here? If I quit a game I’d not be posting either. I’d give it up all together.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.