Why I loathe RNG ...

Why I loathe RNG ...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

After 5 months of pretty hardcore playing and farming, I saw 3 precursors drop to pretty new players (between 1500 and 2500 achievement points) the past few days and I decided I’m pretty much done with the game.

In 5 months …

- I have farmed over 5000 events, yet I never found an exotic / precursor.
- I have farmed over 250 dungeon paths, yet I never found a named exotic / precursor.
- I have farmed over 250 fractals, yet I never found a named exotic / precursor.
- I have opened over 50 black lion chests and only received a few boosters along with transformation potions.
- I have spent over 500k karma on Orrian Boxes and have yet to receive a mini (love gathering these in any mmo).

I have reached world completion on 5 characters of which I deleted two, I have seen the world inside out and I have dropped absolutely nothing anywhere while doing so.

I have hoarded nearly 5.4k achievement points (only 200 are from infinite sources) yet again nowhere any closer to my legendary.

Now after 5 months I have absolutely nothing to show for it, I am nowhere closer to my legendary with my bad luck, I have only half of a T3 set along with a few dungeon skins on all my characters.

I played Korean MMO grindfests for 6 years and even had better drops there. This is simply mindblowing that a supposed AAA mmo can have this much RNG involved.

Anyone else who has the same experience as me?

(edited by Xuro.5861)

Why I loathe RNG ...

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

I have played the game to 80 on 4 characters and collected enough to craft exotics for all of them. Don’t care about legendary at this time, if it happens it happens.

Maybe playing and farming are different?

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

Why I loathe RNG ...

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

I have played the game to 80 on 4 characters and collected enough to craft exotics for all of them. Don’t care about legendary at this time, if it happens it happens.

Maybe playing and farming are different?

After you gear all your characters there is nothing left to do except work towards pretty skins in PvE (just like in Guild Wars 1) yet I make absolutely no progress on it while I dedicated plenty of time towards it.

Why I loathe RNG ...

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

OP, I agree. I have over 1,000 hours in and have found I think one or two exotics (obviously not a memorable experience) in that time. RNG is not the problem per se, it’s the way they’ve implemented and tuned the loot system. There are lotto winners to be sure, but the daily players are not finding their play rewarded. I came to GW2 directly from D3 and the loot experience was the same there. D3 was supposed to be about grinding gear so it was conspicuous by it’s absence. GW2 is simply missing the aspect of reward for play beyond the gameplay itself, which I admit is rewarding. But, in an MMO there are characters to maintain and expand and reward for play is the usual means to do so. So, yeah, I have the same loot experience as you do. If it weren’t for porous bones, I wouldn’t have no bones at all.

Why I loathe RNG ...

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m wondering if you’re wearing magic find gear, OP. Admittedly exotics are rarish, but I’ve had a fair share of them. But if you want a legendary precursor, what most people do is craft exotics with farmed mats and then put them in the mystic forge, four of the same, and play it that way. Just waiting for one to drop is harsh.

Why I loathe RNG ...

Posted by: Oatmeal.1895

Oatmeal.1895

I’m not trying derail your thread or anything, but I really am curious, if you’ve played that long, how much gold do you have? One would assume after 5 months, 5,000 events, 250 dungeon paths, 250 fractals, one might have a stash of gold? Unless you blew it all on something.

Why I loathe RNG ...

Posted by: MattMesa.8401

MattMesa.8401

OP, I agree. I have over 1,000 hours in and have found I think one or two exotics (obviously not a memorable experience) in that time. RNG is not the problem per se, it’s the way they’ve implemented and tuned the loot system. There are lotto winners to be sure, but the daily players are not finding their play rewarded. I came to GW2 directly from D3 and the loot experience was the same there. D3 was supposed to be about grinding gear so it was conspicuous by it’s absence. GW2 is simply missing the aspect of reward for play beyond the gameplay itself, which I admit is rewarding. But, in an MMO there are characters to maintain and expand and reward for play is the usual means to do so. So, yeah, I have the same loot experience as you do. If it weren’t for porous bones, I wouldn’t have no bones at all.

Exact same boat, coming straight from D3 and everything. As for the never finding exotics I don’t believe that. I typically have the worst drop luck ever, among all my friends, of all time and when I had my 80 guardian decked out in MF gear I was finding exotics every day. None were named but still, you start dropping them in the Mystic or selling them on the TP you’ll get to where you need to go. I’ve done 1/250th of what you’ve done in the game and found quite a few exotics with all MF gear. The problem with that is though, by wearing MF gear, you are handicapping yourself and your team.

To me the problem stems from levels/classes in games but that is a whole different thread….

Why I loathe RNG ...

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

In 5 months …

- I have farmed over 5000 events, yet I never found an exotic / precursor.
- I have farmed over 250 dungeon paths, yet I never found a named exotic / precursor.
- I have farmed over 250 fractals, yet I never found a named exotic / precursor.
- I have opened over 50 black lion chests and only received a few boosters along with transformation potions.
- I have spent over 500k karma on Orrian Boxes and have yet to receive a mini (love gathering these in any mmo).

I do not believe that one bit, I definitely think you’re lying about never getting a exotic and/or a named exotic. Never getting a precursor or receiving a mini from orrian boxes, I can believe that, other than that I think you’re full of crap and anyone else that says that too. I got 3 exotics in an hour an half without any mf farming pent/shelt the other day. I also got 4 rares and 18 greens, which I forged and got 3 more rares.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

(edited by Nihevil.8024)

Why I loathe RNG ...

Posted by: Icecat.4528

Icecat.4528

3 80s here with near 2000 hrs in game.

In all that time – 2 named exotics have dropped (both in last two weeks and may be due to anet changing loot drop rates a bit) both in exp mode TA. Both are armor and not usable by any of my 80s but would be useful for my lvl 41 guardian so I am now leveling him.

I did get a precursor drop off Teq – unfortunately it was The Bard. I have no toons that would benefit from a focus, and this is probably the least desireable precursor/legendary in the entire game. Precursor was selling for only 10g on my server so its like I won the lottery and the prize was $2. Big deal. If anet tracks who actually gets these and uses the data to influence future drops it actually will hurt me as my chances for another drop might be less.

So all told – in a heck of a lot of game time – 3 exotics have dropped. Pretty bad loot table and drop rate if you ask me.

GW2 mods can fuck it up their cock sucking asses – Sieg heil you nazi fuckers