Why I quit GW2

Why I quit GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SixxxZ.4317

SixxxZ.4317

Ok so you release the season 1 living world special items that you needed to be playing at that time to receive those items, but you only release certain items i.e. fused gauntlets and the selfless potion. Why haven’t you released the other skins? I felt like it was cool when I had skins like the fused gauntlets and selfless potion but now that everyone can get them again even for a short time aren’t so special anymore are they? If you plan on releasing EVERY single skin this way that would be fine but it does not look like anytime soon ill be able to get shattered holographic wings, fleshy wings or any of the rest of the achievement only skins from past events also Super Adventurer Box Skins and Finisher, I mean come on its harder to get a Fused weapon skin then it is to make a legendary at least make some similar or better looking black lion weapons instead of these crappy past 6-8 releases of them. It would cost 1000$+ to get one even if you saved up 1000g already. I honestly thought the Selfless potion would be the LAST thing you would release or at least all the skins before it first. Well I guess GW2 team likes 3 year veterans who played GW1 and GW2 since they were first released to feel like they cant get anything new because it costs real life money or who knows how long of playing 6 hours+ every day to get enough to buy a new skin or never have that skin even after patiently waiting a year or 2 not to mention the achievement skins, Anet its so lame that the only new skins released in the past year that was actually cool looking was hellfire armor and NOBODY can EVER get the full set even after 6 years I’m sure. So the players who play this game for mostly looks and cosmetic stuff should just quit because you’ll never get anything new unless you pay real life money or wait for 3-6 MORE years. I’ve spent thousands of dollars on this game and I’m just saying, what a waste of every single penny.

Thanks, not.

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Obilgatory can I haz ur stuffs plox

Edit
I have the selfless potion and the times I use it is close to zero so I dont see a problem for more people getting it.

(edited by Linken.6345)

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: Pyr O Desolation.5017

Pyr O Desolation.5017

i don’t get why ppl go all negative nancy on the forums

It’s not always about winning, sometimes its about losing without feeling used.

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Obligatory in before the lock.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I would have read your OP and given you the time of day but I am sorry you need to learn how to hit the “enter” key more often. No one wants to read a wall of text like that!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: Snarftastic.6709

Snarftastic.6709

Have you seen some other game forums? This one is actually quite a haven compared to them. Seriously.

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t know a lot of people seemed to like luminescent armor. Just saying.

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

That’s your own fault for spending thousands of bucks. I’ve only paid the base game and gotten tons of stuff with gold to gems.

Certified Gameaholic

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: MidnightSun.7964

MidnightSun.7964

Why does everyone feel the need to come to the forums and announce they’ve quit the game? Are you someone that I should care about quitting the game? It’s not even this game, it’s every online game I’ve ever played.

<insert something witty>

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

Ok so you release the season 1 living world special items that you needed to be playing at that time to receive those items, but you only release certain items i.e. fused gauntlets and the selfless potion. Why haven’t you released the other skins? I felt like it was cool when I had skins like the fused gauntlets and selfless potion but now that everyone can get them again even for a short time aren’t so special anymore are they? If you plan on releasing EVERY single skin this way that would be fine but it does not look like anytime soon ill be able to get shattered holographic wings, fleshy wings or any of the rest of the achievement only skins from past events also Super Adventurer Box Skins and Finisher, I mean come on its harder to get a Fused weapon skin then it is to make a legendary at least make some similar or better looking black lion weapons instead of these crappy past 6-8 releases of them. It would cost 1000$+ to get one even if you saved up 1000g already. I honestly thought the Selfless potion would be the LAST thing you would release or at least all the skins before it first. Well I guess GW2 team likes 3 year veterans who played GW1 and GW2 since they were first released to feel like they cant get anything new because it costs real life money or who knows how long of playing 6 hours+ every day to get enough to buy a new skin or never have that skin even after patiently waiting a year or 2 not to mention the achievement skins, Anet its so lame that the only new skins released in the past year that was actually cool looking was hellfire armor and NOBODY can EVER get the full set even after 6 years I’m sure. So the players who play this game for mostly looks and cosmetic stuff should just quit because you’ll never get anything new unless you pay real life money or wait for 3-6 MORE years. I’ve spent thousands of dollars on this game and I’m just saying, what a waste of every single penny.

Thanks, not.

Don’t let the door hit you in the ……………………………….. on your way out.

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

Thanks, not.

Plz send me all your stuff. I can use it to buy my own fused skin.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

My eyes gave out about halfway down. Geez. Had to reformat to make it intelligble so I could read it.

Ok so you release the season 1 living world special items that you needed to be playing at that time to receive those items, but you only release certain items i.e. fused gauntlets and the selfless potion. Why haven’t you released the other skins? I felt like it was cool when I had skins like the fused gauntlets and selfless potion but now that everyone can get them again even for a short time aren’t so special anymore are they?

If you plan on releasing EVERY single skin this way that would be fine but it does not look like anytime soon ill be able to get shattered holographic wings, fleshy wings or any of the rest of the achievement only skins from past events also Super Adventurer Box Skins and Finisher. I mean come on its harder to get a Fused weapon skin then it is to make a legendary. At least make some similar or better looking black lion weapons instead of these crappy past 6-8 releases of them.

It would cost 1000$+ to get one even if you saved up 1000g already. I honestly thought the Selfless potion would be the LAST thing you would release or at least all the skins before it first. Well I guess GW2 team likes 3 year veterans who played GW1 and GW2 since they were first released to feel like they cant get anything new because it costs real life money or who knows how long of playing 6 hours+ every day to get enough to buy a new skin or never have that skin even after patiently waiting a year or 2 not to mention the achievement skins.

Anet its so lame that the only new skins released in the past year that was actually cool looking was hellfire armor and NOBODY can EVER get the full set even after 6 years I’m sure. So the players who play this game for mostly looks and cosmetic stuff should just quit because you’ll never get anything new unless you pay real life money or wait for 3-6 MORE years. I’ve spent thousands of dollars on this game and I’m just saying, what a waste of every single penny.

Thanks, not.

I’m not even dead sure what the post is about. On one hand you go on about skins no longer being special.

I felt like it was cool when I had skins like the fused gauntlets and selfless potion but now that everyone can get them again even for a short time aren’t so special anymore are they?

And then you’re mad about… what? Skins aren’t being rereleased in the order you want them to be rereleased?

If you plan on releasing EVERY single skin this way that would be fine but it does not look like anytime soon ill be able to get shattered holographic wings, fleshy wings or any of the rest of the achievement only skins from past events.

I honestly thought the Selfless potion would be the LAST thing you would release or at least all the skins before it first.

You’re also mad about black lion skins aren’t the black lion skins you would make if you were making black lion skins?

At least make some similar or better looking black lion weapons instead of these crappy past 6-8 releases of them

I guess reformatting only goes so far in making a post understandable.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

You didn’t really quit, did you.

And no, that’s NOT a question.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Why I quit GW2

Paulytnz.7619

My eyes gave out about halfway down. Geez. Had to reformat to make it intelligble so I could read it.

Ok so you release the season 1 living world special items that you needed to be playing at that time to receive those items, but you only release certain items i.e. fused gauntlets and the selfless potion. Why haven’t you released the other skins? I felt like it was cool when I had skins like the fused gauntlets and selfless potion but now that everyone can get them again even for a short time aren’t so special anymore are they?

If you plan on releasing EVERY single skin this way that would be fine but it does not look like anytime soon ill be able to get shattered holographic wings, fleshy wings or any of the rest of the achievement only skins from past events also Super Adventurer Box Skins and Finisher. I mean come on its harder to get a Fused weapon skin then it is to make a legendary. At least make some similar or better looking black lion weapons instead of these crappy past 6-8 releases of them.

It would cost 1000$+ to get one even if you saved up 1000g already. I honestly thought the Selfless potion would be the LAST thing you would release or at least all the skins before it first. Well I guess GW2 team likes 3 year veterans who played GW1 and GW2 since they were first released to feel like they cant get anything new because it costs real life money or who knows how long of playing 6 hours+ every day to get enough to buy a new skin or never have that skin even after patiently waiting a year or 2 not to mention the achievement skins.

Anet its so lame that the only new skins released in the past year that was actually cool looking was hellfire armor and NOBODY can EVER get the full set even after 6 years I’m sure. So the players who play this game for mostly looks and cosmetic stuff should just quit because you’ll never get anything new unless you pay real life money or wait for 3-6 MORE years. I’ve spent thousands of dollars on this game and I’m just saying, what a waste of every single penny.

Thanks, not.

I’m not even dead sure what the post is about. On one hand you go on about skins no longer being special.

I felt like it was cool when I had skins like the fused gauntlets and selfless potion but now that everyone can get them again even for a short time aren’t so special anymore are they?

And then you’re mad about… what? Skins aren’t being rereleased in the order you want them to be rereleased?

If you plan on releasing EVERY single skin this way that would be fine but it does not look like anytime soon ill be able to get shattered holographic wings, fleshy wings or any of the rest of the achievement only skins from past events.

I honestly thought the Selfless potion would be the LAST thing you would release or at least all the skins before it first.

You’re also mad about black lion skins aren’t the black lion skins you would make if you were making black lion skins?

At least make some similar or better looking black lion weapons instead of these crappy past 6-8 releases of them

I guess reformatting only goes so far in making a post understandable.

Yup, but hey at least you tried. I will give you 5 points for that!

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

I’m a special snowflake! Oh no, now he’s a special snowflake too, now I’m less special… Sad Panda.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

I would have read your OP and given you the time of day but I am sorry you need to learn how to hit the “enter” key more often. No one wants to read a wall of text like that!

so true. can’t/will not read that.

@OP: if you want us to read your thoughts -> formatting

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I don’t have to save up for a molten skin…

Attachments:

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

Over the years Ive player MMOs and I started with Anarchy Online , this post is one of the 2 most common posts you see in online forums .
The other one is
If you dont do < Insert here whatever you think needs to be done > Im going to quit the game.
You = the game company.
And the most common response to both is
< Can I have your stuff >.
To which the answer is either no , or no response.
Surprisingly, and this was real common on WOW, was that several months down the track, you see the same posts from the same player.
Still threatening to quit if the game company doesnt do what they want.

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

So lemme get this straight.

You’re mad that the re-released semi-prestige items… and you’re also mad they didn’t re-release the semi-prestige items that you wanted them to.

So, uh, You’re mad that you don’t feel special, and that you can’t make other people feel less special?

Look, I like having unique impossible to acquire stuff as much as the next guy, but getting upset when stuff is re-released is a little childish. Once it happens it happens, and you don’t have to do the new awful grind or whatever is required to obtain i.

But if it’s that important to you, by all means, leave.

Also, can I have your stuff?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

Thanks, not.

What would someone like you do with the SELFLESS potion anyway? OP, your position is nearly as salty as the people that had electro blue for sale and were salty when it came out for free for some people^^

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

What would someone like you do with the SELFLESS potion anyway? OP, your position is nearly as salty as the people that had electro blue for sale and were salty when it came out for free for some people^^

OP already have a permanent Thoughtless Potion active in RL.

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Seems a common theme in his/her posts. /shrug

Good luck wherever your gaming interests lead you.

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

When everyone bought this game, everyone agreed to Arenanets terms. Which means they can add or remove any content they deem necessary at their discretion at any time.

Anyone can get upset about not feeling special anymore because their items aren’t exclusive anymore, but that’s not for them or you to decide. They or you didn’t develop the game, so complaining is pretty pointless. You may be a customer, but getting mad about item exclusivity is an immature way to react especially after you’ve clicked to agree to their terms and end user license agreement.

Before playing any game, that’s the #1 thing you should always expect – content can be added or removed from a game for any or no reason. It might not make you or some people happy, but if it keeps the game going then simply say whatever and go on.

And from the way this current event has been, it’s seeming most people especially the new ones might be able to get it the skins or potions regardless, or not at all. So really, I don’t see why your so upset about people having a chance to get such hard-to-get items. It’s been a year since they came out, it was tedious and time consuming to get them before, it’s the same and quite annoying to do so again.

Complaining about such things just shows self entitlement to exclusivity. Exclusiveness doesn’t exist when you are not a developer.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I do not care

bye.

-owner of thoughtless potion-

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Meah, the rewards from this event are junk Imo. Don’t worry, I never had them a d never will unless they drop as loot, and I don’t care.

Also, can I have your stuff.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Not even gonna bother reading with that formatting.
But you can always send me your stuff

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: Sinzaku.2980

Sinzaku.2980

They feel the need to share their life like always.

“Necromancer in Heart and Soul” ~ #8k Hours#Asura
-(EvE ~ EU)-

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

Thanks, not.

I’ m sorry but it’ s your fault. You shoudln’ t have spent so much money on this game.

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

OP, you’re not the first special snowflake to post a barely-comprehensible “I’m quitting!” thread on this board, and you won’t be the last.

The game will not suffer in any shape or form by you no-longer being there.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

OP, you’re not the first special snowflake to post a barely-comprehensible “I’m quitting!” thread on this board, and you won’t be the last.

Well man many veterans have already quitted. That’ s why they were forced to introduce the f2p system…if this is not the game suffering tell me plz what it is ^^

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well man many veterans have already quitted. That’ s why they were forced to introduce the f2p system…if this is not the game suffering tell me plz what it is ^^

WoW. Which lost about 40% of its players in a few months. I would say that’s an example of a game that’s suffering.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

I just want to say I do not want your stuff, but I will offer you a keyboard with a working return/enter key that you so desperately need.

Why I quit GW2

Paulytnz.7619

The game going to free to new players does not = the game suffering or dying by any means. Can I go and buy a game for very cheap now or even get it for free in some cases because it has been out for some time now or the makers of it feel they have earned plenty of cash from it already?

Answer – yes, good examples are the original Elder Scrolls games – totally free. Sure they are much, much more older than this, but if anything that is just testament to how generous Anet are.

Anet are confident that if they give the base game free to new players they will be impressed enough to purchase HOT. That in a way is the same thing as new players just buying the core game. They are still making that same amount of cash. However the bonus of this is enticing people to come and check it out since they think they are getting something for free. I hope that makes sense lol.

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: endersluck.4708

endersluck.4708

i quit cus anet doesnt support femenism

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: Arahzor.1832

Arahzor.1832

For me this thread sounds like “Just because i have it, no one else is allowed to have it since then it wont be unique”

I will quote the OP from another thread he posted in.

Almost ALL of the cool skins are from past events like how I played at Season 1 and got the fused gauntlets before and nobody else could get them. I felt like that wasnt fair to release something to people who also payed for the game and happened to start right after. I think they should add all items just like how they did with the fused guantlets and make them cost laurels or have another event while we are waiting for HoT to let people stack up on cool skins while we wait for HoT.

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Holographic-Shattered-Dragon-Wings-1/page/2#post5412367

So we are allowed by the OP to stack up on cool skins, but keep in mind that we are not allowed to get the selfless potion for example, because he got it back at LS 1 and therefor it is priceless and unique and no one else who missed out on it are ALLOWED to get it.

The text i bolded is just the same example like now, but thats not okay by the sound of it. Old item are coming back – gives the people who missed out on them in the first place another shot at getting them. They also payed for the game most likely so.

Anyway, i’ll add you to my friendlist – you seems like an amazingly fun person to play with.

Good luck on your search for another MMO

Arahor Aure [DVDF]

Why I quit GW2

Posted by: Dasefex.4810

Dasefex.4810

Thanks, not.

Don’t let the door hit you in the ……………………………….. on your way out.

Better yet let the door hit him\her

Fishy Joes 80 necro wvw
Digital Sacrifice Guild