Why Precursor Hunt wont help with prices

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Ok so now lets say everyone has a Dusk from the scavanger hunt.

Now theres 1,000 people needing

A. Onyx Lodes.
B. 250 of each t6 Mat.

Causing:
T6 To Skyrocket.

=

Same price in the first place as if you were to buy dusk regularly and the mats regularly. gz on buying your 75s per Vial of Powerful blood when this is implemented.

Just another bad idea by players, pushed onto Anet

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

That’s fine by me. Players shouldn’t expect everything to be easy and cheap to be handed to them for logging in.

And the smart players will invest/speculate in t6 mats and lodestones before the release of the scavenger hunt.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

T6 mats are available with laurels, so it will help with prices

Posted by: zuraith.6104

zuraith.6104

It’s not about helping or hurting Tier 6 prices.

Even still, I doubt prices will skyrocket. An alternative method of great difficulty to obtain a precursor is not going to flood the playerbase with precursors.

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Why do you want one of those god awful looking legendaries anyway? The only decent ones are the greatwords and the axe. Just wait till they revamp them to look like they are actually legendary and adjust the mat requirements. As it is right now, I stand to make a fortune off people who want a hideous item from T6 mats, look at it as an opportunity to prepare for the future.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Imo we shouldn’t be expected to buy any of it. The only reason they are as numerous as they are is b/c we can buy the parts for it.

That said anything that makes acquisition of them more realistic w/o buying everything is thumbs up here.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Why do you want one of those god awful looking legendaries anyway? The only decent ones are the greatwords and the axe. Just wait till they revamp them to look like they are actually legendary and adjust the mat requirements. As it is right now, I stand to make a fortune off people who want a hideous item from T6 mats, look at it as an opportunity to prepare for the future.

Suffice to say that I don’t like the greatswords – not because of the design per se but they are too broad (which is necessary for the effect). A lot of them are very clever and nice, they just don’t always suit my characters.

On topic – I don’t think the precursor hunt is supposed to help with prices, but give people a more reliable and hopefully “fun” way to obtain one piece of the puzzle.

To me it seems that the economical concerns are absolutely dominating the concerns about fun.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Aeonblade.8709

Suffice to say that I don’t like the greatswords – not because of the design per se but they are too broad (which is necessary for the effect). A lot of them are very clever and nice, they just don’t always suit my characters.

On topic – I don’t think the precursor hunt is supposed to help with prices, but give people a more reliable and hopefully “fun” way to obtain one piece of the puzzle.

To me it seems that the economical concerns are absolutely dominating the concerns about fun.

Well it’s pretty important, they made legendaries based around TP farming/playing, so concerns about TP prices are well reasoned.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Well it’s pretty important, they made legendaries based around TP farming/playing, so concerns about TP prices are well reasoned.

That imo is a major fault that they committed. In no way shape or form should they have been based around the tp vs actually playing content.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Precursors are a myth.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I don’t think price is the issue. I think that people want a precursor to be available though some mechanism other than RNG or through purchase at a store.

A precursor should be forged in the molten lava of Mt. Malestrom from the teeth of an elder dragon, ichor from a shadow bohemoth, and an crystal from the top of the Obsidian Sanctum. (among 752 other ingredients :-D)

In short, it should feel absolutely EPIC to obtain one. Not lucky.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

The long grind isn’t the issue - it is the R N G. If a player knows the starting and ending point of the grind, it’s much easier to get through it. Rather than simply getting lucky with a precursor drop or MF toilet production.

Posted by: nowitsawn.1276

nowitsawn.1276

Except the materials aren’t something you only buy when working on a legendary. When you’re done collecting them, you sell the ones you get as drops since they drop with pretty much anything you do.

Demand rises while drop rates remain the same? Costs increase, profits increase as well.

Plus I doubt demand will even rise by that much. People have been working on the gifts in anticipation of a precursor scavenger hunt for a long time already.

I shot the seraph~
But I didn’t shoot the thackeray

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Most players play mmo nowaday expect things handed to them. There is starting and ending to grind. It’s called “COF P1”. Anet needs to act tough on Legendaries and stop listen to these whiners think their 200s hours or so deserve to get it. It’s called Legendaries for a reason. RNG is part of the game, get used to it.

R.I.P Kumu <3

Aeonblade.8709

Most players play mmo nowaday expect things handed to them. There is starting and ending to grind. It’s called “COF P1”. Anet needs to act tough on Legendaries and stop listen to these whiners think their 200s hours or so deserve to get it. It’s called Legendaries for a reason. RNG is part of the game, get used to it.

Are you mad that your “hard work” for a digital man toy is going to be wasted? Poor lil guy.

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

Yes you are right it is called legendaries. Not farm the same thing over and over. It’s supposed to show your mastery over the game yet people like you would rather it be kept in your own extremely small corner.

Posted by: Minos.3450

Minos.3450

Having a scavenger hunt in the lineof the one we got in GW1 for the Black Moa chick would be amazing ( but recquiring more difficult tasks ofc).

Flash.6912

Are you mad that your “hard work” for a digital man toy is going to be wasted? Poor lil guy.

Nah man, I just play whatever the game offer me. But people keep complaining every kitten things. Once scavanger hunts introduced, everyone and their mom gonna have legendary and people once again will complain that “LEGENDARIES” are too easy to get now. Get my drift?

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

A. Onyx Lodes.
B. 250 of each t6 Mat.

Causing:
T6 To Skyrocket.

=

Same price in the first place as if you were to buy dusk regularly and the mats regularly. gz on buying your 75s per Vial of Powerful blood when this is implemented.

T6 mats can be farmed.

You can throw exotics and rares into the mystic forge for eternity and still never get a precursor.

and earning money is only really possible if you enjoy running the same 2-3 dungeon paths over and over or are really lucky and really good at playing the TP.

An option that allows you to do varying content to work your way to getting the precursor sounds nice.

When I farm for T6 mats, when I get bored, I move onto something else, I work on world completion for skill points, I do some WvW for badges, I do some events for karma for shards/clovers, I do some world bosses for ectos, you can slowly collect the pieces and work your way to a legendary without having a ton of money at once…. until you get to the precursor.

Then you’re limited, you really have to find the most efficient ways to earn gold possible and never spend any.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Who cares.

I’ll get the precursor for the one legendary that I want.

You want more, that is your problem. Don’t be greedy and it won’t matter.

Will be nice to earn the item I want without relying on RNG.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The new wvw chest should start to drop the price of precursor a good bit well in the short run say a week after the update. As for hunts they will kind of drop the price but what it dose is help the ppl who want to work for a precursor by doing more then just farming. So the price of the precursor will drop for the non lazily ppl and it will mostly stay the same for lazily ppl.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

A. Onyx Lodes.
B. 250 of each t6 Mat.

Causing:
T6 To Skyrocket.

=

You really expect everyone who actually does the scavenger hunt to actually go through with the rest of the legendary process? I think not.

Any raise/drop in T6 mat and precursor prices will be short lived…I would expect those to balance out shortly after the scavenger hunt is released.

Flash.6912

I’m glad that Anet decide to take it longer to release the scavanger hunts The longer it takes the better <3

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Seda Khold.5428

Seda Khold.5428

The “Scavenger Hunt” I see is a way to remove the randomness of obtaining precursor, I don’t really think looking at it as a way to lower their prices.

I’d think of it as the green vs yellow SAB skins, I would not be surprised if the quest-obtained precursors are account bound. Though I haven’t put a lot of thought on whether that would be good or not good.

So, basically the goal is to diminish the rng requirement, not the price. At least that is how I interpret this.

Edit: Though the price would still be affected by not requiring people to dump exos or buy straight out.

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Is there any news to how the scavanger hunt will work? Any official link?

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Posted by: NoodllZ.8376

NoodllZ.8376

Last I heard was that Anet has no intention of putting in a scavenger hunt anytime soon. Just do what everyone else does, save till you either make enough gold to buy the precursor or throw stuff mindlessly into the forge and hope.

Posted by: New Character Yo.6487

New Character Yo.6487

That’s fine by me. Players shouldn’t expect everything to be easy and cheap to be handed to them for logging in.

And the smart players will invest/speculate in t6 mats and lodestones before the release of the scavenger hunt.

But but but but… some players (well from what the forums sometimes indicate) DO expect things to be handed to them lol

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

A. Onyx Lodes.
B. 250 of each t6 Mat.

Causing:
T6 To Skyrocket.

=

The mats for a lot of people are not the problem, for example I’ve had my clovers and all my gifts for 3-4 months now and all I’m missing is the precursor (I’ve not seen one drop for me or anyone around me in 1100 hours of play, and yes I do know they can drop..) And to this day I’m still trying to save up the cash to buy it with its price getting further and further out of reach.

I understand what you’re saying about the crash—- it would cause to T6 and lodestones but that depends on if/how they implement a precursor reward system.

It would be a welcome addition for those of us who have played 8+ months but cannot acquire 600+ gold (unless you play the market, or get mega millions lottery lucky) for me it hampers my interest in gearing alts cause I save up every gold I get.

It will all be in how they do it if its a hunt that takes 1-6 weeks to complete then yes the markets will go wild. but if its something that is extremely challenging that few will even go for it wouldn’t make such a quick solid impact, I would much rather do some epic quest for it than spend 600g or bash my head against RNG without gain.

EDIT: so you can’t say crash and then it without the lame kitten block.. lol

(edited by KingClash.3186)