Why Scarlet again?

Why Scarlet again?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: gidorah.4960

gidorah.4960

seriously i was really interested in what caused the thaumanova reactor to fail and all the lore around it. Its why i voted keil i thought anet could do a great job with it. I have never been more disapointed.

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

What’s a thaumanova reactor?

Elyl Jrend

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

Hey could have been much much worse we could have gotten the Fall of Abaddon. I could see this now… Scarlet steal’s a TARDIS goes back and time and twist and warps Abaddon to be one of her minons.

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I love how people are all about how much they liked it and how interested they were in it, but suddenly all that is blown away because a certain NPC turns up.
Seriously?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Why Scarlet again?

ophidic.1279

Is this still the story that’s been going on since southsun? Is there like a thing where it’s all written down because I haven’t paid attention to any story since like my 4th story mission, well before living story.

Elyl Jrend

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: Qawsada.4251

Qawsada.4251

I love how people are all about how much they liked it and how interested they were in it, but suddenly all that is blown away because a certain NPC turns up.
Seriously?

She basically destroy most of the lores of GW 2 at this point.

People that voted for Kiel hoping to get a Fractal about the Asura and the Inquest. Instead, they got Scarlet. This is after Scarlet mary sue herself in creating lore breaking alliance and act like cartoon villain.

Why Scarlet again?

gidorah.4960

Hey could have been much much worse we could have gotten the Fall of Abaddon. I could see this now… Scarlet steal’s a TARDIS goes back and time and twist and warps Abaddon to be one of her minons.

this is the only silver lining. at least they didnt shove scarlet into the abadon fractal. but seriously are they just out of idea’s and all they have is scarlet? i really do not understand how anyone there thought this would be a good idea.

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Seriously?

She basically destroy most of the lores of GW 2 at this point.

People that voted for Kiel hoping to get a Fractal about the Asura and the Inquest. Instead, they got Scarlet. This is after Scarlet mary sue herself in creating lore breaking alliance and act like cartoon villain.

This pretty much sums it up.

Scarlet herself is a great character concept – outside of GW2. Within the lore, she just doesn’t fit. The story loses a lot of its ‘legendary’ ambiance of a fantasy world, with a villain like Scarlet.

By the way, Trahearne > Scarlet

Why Scarlet again?

gidorah.4960

Seriously?

yes

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

seriously i was really interested in what caused the thaumanova reactor to fail and all the lore around it. Its why i voted keil i thought anet could do a great job with it. I have never been more disapointed.

She causes thaumanova!! Seriously! Fail anet fail, I get that you have to see the LS part with her in it through but there is no reason for her to be involved with this.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: oversoul soldier.1742

oversoul soldier.1742

Scarlet has definitely overstayed her welcome. I can’t believe Anet is spending all their resources into the living story so that we can all experience a villain that puts the campy villains in my Saturday morning cartoons to shame. I never thought I would see the day where another character rivals Kormir in sheer annoyance and idiocy. Scarlet has also reduced me to playing the game muted now when I do living story because of how terrible her voice-acting is. I’m not even sure if we’re suppose to take this character seriously, or simply just stop playing living story in order to stop feeding the trolls.

Why Scarlet again?

Arikyali.5804

Oh! I know what Anet is doing! They’re making Scarlet so detestable, so when the time for the grand finale comes along, everyone will be jumping at the chance to annihilate her!

Brilliant Anet! Sheer brilliance!

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Scarlet is a class of villain who once glimpsed perfection and thinks she can achieve it, even if it means undoing the universe destroying everything in the process. She’s basically became a tiny god where we can’t quite defeat her permanently but she enjoys the game too much to put us down permanently either.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

What’s a thaumanova reactor?

Exactly. I guess I missed that LS update. So no idea what a thaumanova reactor is.

Why Scarlet again?

oversoul soldier.1742

Scarlet is a class of villain who once glimpsed perfection and thinks she can achieve it, even if it means undoing the universe destroying everything in the process. She’s basically became a tiny god where we can’t quite defeat her permanently but she enjoys the game too much to put us down permanently either.

So in other words she’s the joker.

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Scarlet is a paper cutout villain from a 40 year old cartoon. Nothing about her, her story, her antics are compelling. She’s an annoyance. She is cheap content. She could blow up every major city in this game, and my response would still be the same:

“Frankly my dear, I don’t give a d@mn.”

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Why Scarlet again?

Arikyali.5804

And they could have done that with someone who wasn’t half wacko.

Why Scarlet again?

gidorah.4960

Oh! I know what Anet is doing! They’re making Scarlet so detestable, so when the time for the grand finale comes along, everyone will be jumping at the chance to annihilate her!

i would actualy prefer they just dropped her asap no conclusion to this arc no more ruining the story just she went through a wintersday portal and was never seen again.

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Scarlet is a paper cutout villain from a 40 year old cartoon. Nothing about her, her story, her antics are compelling. She’s an annoyance. She is cheap content. She could blow up every major city in this game, and my response would still be the same:

“Frankly my dear, I don’t give a d@mn.”

This, a thousand times this.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Hugo Award winning writing if I ever saw it…

But is anyone even surprised by this point? Seems like the only people giving 110% anymore is the art team.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

And they could have done that with someone who wasn’t half wacko.

Well perfection was never meant to glimpsed by mortal minds. It normally drives those who’ve seen it quite mad.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Why Scarlet again?

gidorah.4960

like a poorly written joker knockoff with all the bad qualities and none of the good.

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

Next thing we’ll find out that Scarlett woke the dragons.

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

Why Scarlet again?

oversoul soldier.1742

like a poorly written joker knockoff with all the bad qualities and none of the good.

My thoughts exactly.

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

For F-sake Anet, Knock it off.
At one time this game was awesome. Now, not so much.
If you are dead set on destroying your own game, I would hope you folks would at least have enough respect for your customers to just shut off the servers and lock the door.
Why must you drag this slow death out with the cancer that is Scarlet Brier?

In small doses, say 1 out of every 3 LS, she is fine. This constant brow-beating with her is frankly, not fun.
I thought you folks had a vision to make a fun game? For a time you had, but now it’s just pathetic.

Remember when the Dragons were the great threat to Tyria?
Do you Dev’s?
Well, do you?

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

The writing of this characters has been…. pathetic…. I can’t use a stronger words on this forum and anything less doesn’t do justice to how awful Scarlet is as a character.

Anet pretty much makes the claim that they just can’t change anything very fast because of how long the stories take to develop. There is an old saying, when you’re in the hole, stop digging. She’s worthless – stop using her as the reason behind EVERYTHING!

SBI

Why Scarlet again?

Substance E.4852

Ya know who else are tiny god’s who love throwing minions at us and actually feel like a threat rather than an annoying relative who shows up and ruins everyone’s time by being an kitten ? The dragons…

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: Alnear Leavar.7453

Alnear Leavar.7453

Next thing we’ll find out that Scarlett woke the dragons.

Mordremoth & Bubbles alliance!

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

the saying goes “you can’t flog a dead horse”,

well, apparently you can, anet.

woah there.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Why Scarlet again?

gidorah.4960

bobby how do you feel that the villain you wrote doesnt make us want to stop her it makes us want to stop you?

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

So what’s next?

Scarlet being responsible for the Searing of Ascalon? Or the Cataclysm of Orr? What about the Jade Wind?

OMG! Scarlet is Abbadon!

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Why Scarlet again?

Substance E.4852

So what’s next?

Scarlet being responsible for the Searing of Ascalon? Or the Cataclysm of Orr? What about the Jade Wind?

OMG! Scarlet is Abbadon!

I believe that is the next LS after Wintersday.

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: KotCR.6024

KotCR.6024

Honestly, I’m ashamed at myself for not seeing this coming. When I got to that bit I was like “oh right, of course it was going to be Scarlet sigh”. Honestly, I think at this point Anet are very intentionally trolling us with her now, shoving her down our throats as much as they can just for giggles lol.

Oh well, maybe next year we’ll have another “big bad”, and they are finally trying to wrap up why we should care about Scarlet. Hopefully, it’ll be something we can take a bit more seriously.

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

Wants to be at least…

I wish whenever someone tried to make a villain like joker, batman would descend, give them a firm slapping and tell them no… You cannot out do the joker, please stop trying.

…Alas, batman doesn’t provide house calls.

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Nah, this wouldn’t of happened. This is why Evon should of won. lolwpcost.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Why Scarlet again?

Substance E.4852

Wp cost reduction was still better than the probably 10c off keys we would have gotten.

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

This will actually be 100% true. If the end of Scarlett is announced there will be celebrations in every city. For all the wrong reasons.

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

ill be very honest and sorry for being brutal. the writer should be fired.

Why Scarlet again?

gidorah.4960

lol i like your optimism about this but with everything they put scarlet in where she doesnt belong do you really think they wouldnt put scarlet in the abadon fractal?

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

It will be a gemstore purchase.

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

This fractal is basically confirmation that Anet does not listen — despite everything they say.

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: kankanKk.2748

kankanKk.2748

Now i know why elder dragons awake,
It is because scarlet!

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Was Scarlet retconned, or actually planned at the release of the game? (Considering Thaumanova Reactor was present during the betas..)

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I thought we were going to get a story about Asurans. They get an idea that doesn’t work out the way they thought. It could have had cut scenes where it showed the idea going wrong, the place starting to come apart, people starting to panic. Maybe a decision made to explode the place and die nobly to protect others from their failure.

But no, we got instead

Scarlet did it.

Sigh.

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

Scarlet is a poor version of the Joker, they don’t even try to hide it. Except all the things that make Joker great and scary isn’t what Scarlet is. If they wanted a villain that wasn’t human why did they pick scarlet? Sylvari aren’t human but have a humanoid appearance, why couldn’t they’ve gone with something else?

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

due to apathy and disillusionment i had a 9 month break from the much-awaited-abortion that is gw2.

luckily, this meant that i have only recently met scarlet in the tower of nightmares.

unluckily, meeting her once was more than enough.

she didnt even get animated in the cut scene.

i know a carboard cutout villain when i see one.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

I bought GW2.

Between the glowy skins and Scarlet taking over the story for the last several months… I don’t even know what the hell am I playing anymore.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Scarlet is a poor version of the Joker, they don’t even try to hide it. Except all the things that make Joker great and scary isn’t what Scarlet is. If they wanted a villain that wasn’t human why did they pick scarlet? Sylvari aren’t human but have a humanoid appearance, why couldn’t they’ve gone with something else?

If they wanted a non-human character who was scary, they should’ve went for a Largo.

Since we know nothing about their race, they can do whatever they want with it without creating consistency problems, and I don’t think anyone can deny that they look threatening.

Why Scarlet again?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

This fractal is basically confirmation that Anet does not listen — despite everything they say.

You mean the fractal that they started creating before Scarlet was even announced and thus most likely had come quite a bit on by the time all the hate started?

Sure they could have totally scrapped the idea and pushed the release back a couple of months, but then we would instead have all these threads about ArenaNet lying about releasing the Fractal by the end of the year.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Why Scarlet again?

ophidic.1279

Is there like a coles notes for this lore? What’s this reactor about?

Elyl Jrend