Why Tequa is being ignored always

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mreus.3961

mreus.3961

Q:

While playing i always see that a few person has interest in tequa boss while there is lots of players in the claw of jormag still tequa gives two legendary/rare and two loot box. Is there any certain reason why people ignore tequa.
i said it because i did it for 9 times and always lost because of less people and without a commander

Posted by: Jarrix.8234

Jarrix.8234

In my last 30 Teq attempts, I have failed……0 times.

Show up 45 minutes early and get in the good overflow. Don’t wait till the last minute to go there.

Kayku
Envy – Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Niii Yu.4572

Niii Yu.4572

Like Jarrix said, go there 60-40 min before it starts and you will get it for sure. I have yet to fail it because i show up there an hour before it starts. And if that is something you cant do, then try using LFG 20-15 min before event starts for taxi.

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Player’s only attempt Teq when they’re making a very organized attempt and they’ll spend hours gathering their forces and getting organized because Teq is that hard. Claw is easy in comparision. Players beat Claw all the time with minimal coordination, so it’s more done. Just less of a hassel. If you want to do Teq, I suggest you track down a Teq slaying guild.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

mreus.3961

actually i wait there for 30 mins but dont know why everytime few people came. May be its my badluck.

mreus.3961

Dual are those the name of guild you send???

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Rant time.

I really can’t stand how so many people are under the misguided idea that people with commander tags in PvE actually do anything useful or different than other people (exception of those at Wurm, as they and most of the others in organised overflows are typically on Teamspeak and working closely with one another). Even for Tequatl, they don’t do squat. Just about everybody is conditioned to go to the same general areas and just spam things off cooldown.

Sadly when people look at their maps and don’t see commander tags, they tend to immediately assume things like “oh there’s barely anyone here wtf we’re gonna fail” and I think part of the reason for that is because they’re assuming that that’s what everyone else is thinking too. It’s an irritating psychological effect I guess.

It’s very uncommon for me to go to a Tequatl event and for it to fail unless I’m there really late and get in a trashy overflow where there’s evidently enough people to get it done, but half of them aren’t doing anything other than trying to get themselves taxi’d into another overflow because they lack confidence in the one that they’re in.

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Dual are those the name of guild you send???

YUM? Heck no. Yum was a rather large casual guild that has declined to a Guild Mission guild.
Try TTS.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

It’s not like most of the world bosses… requires a lot organization, so if you don’t get there at least 30 mins early (and that might be too late) then you can assume that your chances of getting a strong group to kill the boss are not good.

I’ve come in with little time before it starts and seen us win, but it’s a rare thing. Most people pile into organized maps 45-60 mins before it starts.

It doesn’t help that the overflow gets filled with people who are getting there shortly before it starts most likely because they were following the world boss train… so they are expecting another faceroll boss and have no idea what to do or that they should take the fight seriously, even when given specific instructions.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: GlowSticks.9734

GlowSticks.9734

Because the people that just auto attack (1, 1, 1, 1,) Don’t show up, it takes to much brain power for them. etc

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

its about half the time it fails but you have to get there early to get in an organized group 30 to 40 minutes early i find best if you get there you can tell if its going to be a good attempt if someone is organizing or not. if they arent you might as well go somewhere else. i usually get a good one once a day but there could be more times hes done. i just only do him once and i check on him mostly on of hours so at prime time he prob gets done more often just get there early

Posted by: Aragorn.5462

Aragorn.5462

there are a handful of guilds that fight Teq. The one I’m going to suggest you look at is TTS. It’s a group that is spread across 12 guilds (because there are that many members) and kills Teq (and wurm) on a regular basis. If you want to know when TTS kills Teq and Wurm we have a website ttsgamers.com with a calendar giving the time that we kill them (in server time). If you’re interested in that; you can submit an application there as well.

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

If you show up too late people will ignore it because non-organised worlds ALWAYS fail. ‘Organisation’ need not mean a commander tag, but it tends to come with at least one because DD positioning of Tequatl melee.

If you show up early and open LFG, looking for keywords like ‘organised Teq’, it’s not hard to get into a server where people aren’t kitten ing around.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Player’s only attempt Teq when they’re making a very organized attempt and they’ll spend hours gathering their forces and getting organized because Teq is that hard. Claw is easy in comparision. Players beat Claw all the time with minimal coordination, so it’s more done. Just less of a hassel. If you want to do Teq, I suggest you track down a Teq slaying guild.

hours ? lol

hard??

30-50min early, to get into a good map for teq, failing that ask if any comms are on your map to tag up, then go to lfg and say “teq map, need comms”.

teq is quite easy, so long as people know what to do.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Every time I attempt Tequatl or Tripple Trouble, I zone in and instantly start seeing people claiming that it’s a failure. Before the events even start. That makes everyone run away from the event and nobody even tries.

Pretty lame. I’d love to run more Teq and TT. If anyone knows of any good guilds that organize Teq attempts please post them I’d love to join one.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

teq is quite easy, so long as people know what to do.

Everything in life is easy, so long as you know what to do.

Posted by: Lodius.5392

Lodius.5392

Use the LFG function on Open World content and 75% of the time there will be someone that says “Teq Taxi” or such like that will get into a good overflow.

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

While playing i always see that a few person has interest in tequa boss while there is lots of players in the claw of jormag still tequa gives two legendary/rare and two loot box. Is there any certain reason why people ignore tequa.
i said it because i did it for 9 times and always lost because of less people and without a commander

I have completed it 3x successfully since I got home yesterday. I completed it about 2 hours ago successfully from the second overflow, an overflow where there were only a dozen people twenty minutes before he got there (I accidentally closed the game when I was in the main server). Still did it successfully. If you want to succeed in Tequatl, you have to know what you are doing and join early so you don’t get pushed into the end. You sound like you show up late to the show and then cry about all there being no people. There’s lots of people doing it, there was hundreds doing it two hours (early morning hours in NA). So don’t go whining about there not being people doing it. Show up +30 minutes before it is supposed to drop and you won’t have this problem.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

Lostwingman.5034

If you show up too late people will ignore it because non-organised worlds ALWAYS fail. ‘Organisation’ need not mean a commander tag, but it tends to come with at least one because DD positioning of Tequatl melee.

If you show up early and open LFG, looking for keywords like ‘organised Teq’, it’s not hard to get into a server where people aren’t kitten ing around.

Everytime I defeated Tequatl today was from an unorganized mess of people sorting themselves out through chat because by this point, the people that want to do Tequatl know what needs to be done. The first time I beat Tequatl I was on BG’s ts and beat him with maybe 2 minutes to spare. Both times last night in a barely organized mess we were killing him with 7 or 8 to go. People knowing what is going on and what to do is more important than having a clear leader.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

actually i wait there for 30 mins but dont know why everytime few people came. May be its my badluck.

Try taxiing. Put up an LFG saying “Taxiing to organized Tequatl” or look for taxis to an organized server. Yell in map chat “Everybody, start Taxiing!”

mreus.3961

Every time I attempt Tequatl or Tripple Trouble, I zone in and instantly start seeing people claiming that it’s a failure. Before the events even start. That makes everyone run away from the event and nobody even tries.

Pretty lame. I’d love to run more Teq and TT. If anyone knows of any good guilds that organize Teq attempts please post them I’d love to join one.

Exactly and thats y all of a sudden the crowd density became small

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

an unorganized mess of people sorting themselves out through chat

This is the definition of organisation. It doesn’t need to be top down.

Nobody’s organised until they organise.

Lostwingman.5034

an unorganized mess of people sorting themselves out through chat

This is the definition of organisation. It doesn’t need to be top down.

Nobody’s organised until they organise.

When most people talk about organized when it comes to Tequatl what they mean is guilds or the like purposefully coming in and taking charge. The kind of organization I’m seeing regularly succeeding barely qualifies as it. It’s no more organization than you would have in a typical pug speed dungeon run. Not much discussion if any since everyone knows what they are doing besides “who’s going with Magg?”. It sounds like you would qualify stacking to the right of the Shatterer in that event as “organization”. It’s not, it’s just everyone knows what has to be done now. Same with Jormag. I wouldn’t call that organized either but people sure do get all of its parts done.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Oh and before the complaints about “waiting to have fun” buy showing up 30-60 minutes early for teq. Many of us Commanders run the Champ/Event train after we set up the defense teams to kill the time. Its wonderful fun!

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

Game is hard.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]