Why Town Clothes can only be worn in town?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: EvilUeki.7354

EvilUeki.7354

sorry got to change the question….. x_x

why cant we wear town clothes for combat just like in any other games… that would add more variety in outfit selection …

btw most town clothes’ desgin suck quite badly….

(edited by EvilUeki.7354)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

You can wear town clothes any place you like, so long as you’re not in combat.

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

I think you can wear them outside town – it’s just when you take damage, you immediately revert to your gear…

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: EvilUeki.7354

EvilUeki.7354

my bad,,, now edited the question

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

I don’t care about fighting in town clothes but I would like to remain in them when falling or being attacked (instead of switching to my combat gear right away).

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: EndoChronik.3507

EndoChronik.3507

I’d really love to go into combat with town clothes on. Would be a nice experience.

Posted by: George.1785

George.1785

Just like Lord Faren for example?
Would be funny to fight monsters like that indeed, although I suppose we won’t have any bonusses from those clothes while fighting. Still, I don’t mind that.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Yeah, if I’m in a small town and get attacked by enemies, I can’t just undress in front of them and put on my armor. I need to be able to fight in town outfit.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I think allowing people to wear full town clothes “over” armor would make the game look too cartoonish. That’s just my personal opinion though. If the game goes that route then people would also want to fight in their underwear with all their armor hidden. When I jump into combat I prefer to see people that look like they are geared up for combat. Instead everyone would be running around in shirts with rabbit ears. There are a few smaller items I think might be okay like sunglasses since they don’t detract from the overall combat appearance as you can hide your head gear anyway.

The Burninator

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

I think allowing people to wear full town clothes “over” armor would make the game look too cartoonish. That’s just my personal opinion though. If the game goes that route then people would also want to fight in their underwear with all their armor hidden. When I jump into combat I prefer to see people that look like they are geared up for combat. Instead everyone would be running around in shirts with rabbit ears. There are a few smaller items I think might be okay like sunglasses since they don’t detract from the overall combat appearance as you can hide your head gear anyway.

That’s a pretty silly argument. In LotRO and EQ2 you can wear whatever the hell you want while in combat. It doesn’t matter what level, class, etc you are. You can wear a dress, a top hat, full armor as a caster, whatever. There has been no problems with it whatsoever.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

That’s a pretty silly argument. In LotRO and EQ2 you can wear whatever the hell you want while in combat. It doesn’t matter what level, class, etc you are. You can wear a dress, a top hat, full armor as a caster, whatever. There has been no problems with it whatsoever.

How can my opinion stating I think it would look cartoonish be a silly argument since I wasn’t arguing? That is just what I think. Did you not read," that is just my opinion though"? By the way your thinking just because other games do it GW2 should too is silly. By that rational GW2 should charge a monthly subscription because after all other games do it and according to the people that play subscription MMOs it must not be a problem. This isn’t those other games. Silly silly you. LOL

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

Well with regards to WvW, you should be able to at the very least figure out which class of Profession you’re about to fight. Town clothes look the same for all classes, and for that reason, I’m glad you can’t use them in WvW.

It’s the same reason they removed the ability to fight while under the Potion of Ascalonian Mages effect.

I wouldn’t mind in the slightest if you could wear it for PvE though.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Cartoonish. Detracts from overall combat appearance.

The legendary weapons
Shoots out unicorns with the ANet logo on them, leaves flowers as footsteps.
Shoots out ribbons and flowers, purple footprints.
Armor replaced by liquid metal…… I could go on.

If these are in game then you can’t argue that people can’t wear town clothes in combat. They are just as cartoonish or immersion breaking.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

sorry got to change the question….. x_x

why cant we wear town clothes for combat just like in any other games… that would add more variety in outfit selection …

btw most town clothes’ desgin suck quite badly….

The reason for this is very simple and it is in the name of such item(s) “Town Clothes”. Question answered, move along, nothing to see here.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger