March 26 update - Pre patch notes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Heya.

I know ANet is all about “when it’s ready”.

But there is only 6 days to the update…
If the ANet isn’t ready to give the Overview of the Update (as they did last months), how can they be ready to the update itself?

Mad Questions… Mad Questions…

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Eclipses.7152

Eclipses.7152

I’m expecting this update to suck.

Thinking of this update has me remembering that “Lowered Expectations” skit MadTV used to do.

Eclipses
The Royal Guard – http://theroyalguardclan.enjin.com
Isle of Janthir

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Thinking of this update has me remembering that “Lowered Expectations” skit MadTV used to do.

Then you probably won’t be disappointed. lol

Posted by: Eclipses.7152

Eclipses.7152

On the contrary, I expect to be. This game, post launch, has rarely (never) surpassed my expectations when it comes to its PvP components.

Eclipses
The Royal Guard – http://theroyalguardclan.enjin.com
Isle of Janthir

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

It’s just strange, by this time they must have the update ready, can’t understand why they don’t give us the overview of the Update as they did in all of last months for we know what’s coming.

Unless they want us to know only after the update is live.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

We don’t deserve early patch notes.

How come? :S

Well look at the TP for ecto they give us a bit of info and we as players are making a ecto bubble and it will burst after the update.

Ppl make too much of any changes its best to put things out there then enplane why and then get ppl reaction after the fact to see how thing work out. What sounds good or bad on paper is not allway the same in real life and the players cant seem to get this in there heads. So “We don’t deserve early patch notes.”

It has nothing to to do with ‘deserving’ early patch notes and it has nothing to do with the economy. It really has nothing at all to do with the player base and it’s behavior. The reason other companies can provide a significant preview and expectation around updates has to do with the length of the development cycle. Anet has built their value proposition around a monthly development cycle. This barely (cf. Flame and Frost) gives them time to develop code let alone test it. Because of the length of the cycle nothing is really known for sure until code freeze which must happen just before release.

Posted by: Goldrock.9076

Goldrock.9076

Loving the game still i dont care what these mainstream WoW zombies say.

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

Probably because they need time to re-write the monthly patches to coincide with all the previous changes to the game. i.e., general loot restrictions, area loot restrictions, world loot restrictions.

Posted by: eXs.6210

eXs.6210

Just as long as they don’t nerf CoF p1 for one more patch… I still need to farm about 2k tokens and another 60g to make another character and I’m set afterwards…

Posted by: Kaaqeli.5108

Kaaqeli.5108

Loving the game still i dont care what these mainstream WoW zombies say.

That comment was insulting, out of place, not constructive in any way and downright useless.

Who are you referring to with this ‘’WoW zombie’’ term of yours? All I saw was someone state a fact about WoW. Did you really feel the need to stand out for GW2 and try to make that very person seem inferior in our eyes, labeling him/her as a ‘’WoW zombie’’?

The people who have played WoW for several years might expect other games to function in a similar manner when it comes to patch notes and other stuff like that.
Even if someone was comparing your precious GW2 to the high and mighty WoW it gives you absolutely no right to go calling them ‘’WoW zombies’’ or whatever idiotic names you might come up with.

My 2 cents. Never played WoW btw.

TL;DR
Sheesh, fanboys.

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I hope we still have culling in cities. My processor can barely handle LA as it is.

I may be wrong, and this is slightly off topic, but pretty sure you can still opt to turn on nearly-full culling. There will be options to tweak it to the performance of your machine, so you can see as much or as little culling as you can live with.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…