I farm for an hour, but don't get much

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TSLlol.4879

TSLlol.4879

EDIT: A forum mod has changed the title and now it’s misleading, let me clarify… I am NOT FARMING items. I am doing EVENTS for about an hour IN ORR and the point is DROPS, LOOT is more and more less after half an hour. Currently it’s not the event cap that is causing the problem, it’s the DROP cap.

Original post:
I haven’t gotten to play GW2 this week up until today. So I finally log on to farm me some karma in Orr. After one hour I notice I’m barely getting loot. I’m lucky if I get 1 white salvage item out of 10 undead killed.

So I ask… Why am I, a faithful player of the game being punished because of bots? Can I not play the game without being forced to leave what I’m doing every hour?

EDIT2: After further inspection, I’ve noticed how severe this cap is being enforced… The first 30 minutes of doing events in Orr: Every ~3rd mob killed drops loot, you regularly get blue and green gear+weaps, 1-2 rare items, and rarely even a l80 Exotic. (with 50% MF, I have to add)
between 30 minutes – 1 hour of doing events in Orr: every ~8th mob killed drops loot, almost always some grey/white item, no blues and above.
I haven’t checked above 1 hour, I don’t want to waste even more time because of this.

(edited by TSLlol.4879)

Posted by: minikiller.8475

minikiller.8475

Shhhhh

Rule one of the anti botting code

Never talk about the anti botting code

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

I know there was an anti botting code in GW1 but this one seems to be worse. At least then if you had fewer drops you could blame it on your heroes and henchmen. I’m wondering if it’s bugged and not working quite as intended.

Posted by: Edenknight.9284

Edenknight.9284

In before people tell you that your play style is wrong and you can’t farm because they don’t want you to.

(edited by Edenknight.9284)

TSLlol.4879

Shhhhh

2nd rule of the anti botting code is, you do not talk about the anti botting code
3rd rule of the anti botting code, if Anet yells stop, loot is over
4th rule, only 2 loots per 20mobs
5th rule, one loot at a time, fellas
6th rule, no greens, no blues
7th anti botting code will go on as long as it has to
8th rule, if this is your first night farming, you will not get loot.

Posted by: Yata.8932

Yata.8932

I think the code is in place to discourage sitting in one area constantly, turning other areas into ghost towns eventually, yeah it’s annoying to some but it forces you do switch it up so at least there’s less monotony.

TSLlol.4879

I think the code is in place to discourage sitting in one area constantly, turning other areas into ghost towns eventually, yeah it’s annoying to some but it forces you do switch it up so at least there’s less monotony.

but I enjoy sitting in one place constantly and getting work done. It’s not like I’m gaining an advantage economically on anyone by doing so, so why punish me like that?

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

It does make it annoying when you are farming materials for crafting because only specific level monsters drop the loot. And you have to go to specific level areas to get it. If it’s low level, not too bad because there are a lot of low level zones. Higher level areas (70+) you are limited to where you can go. So you end up running into the code or you end up buying stuff off the trading post because it’s faster and less annoying that way.

This is my only complaint so far and I think once we get additional level 70-80 zones it won’t be quite so bad.

Edenknight.9284

but I enjoy sitting in one place constantly and getting work done. It’s not like I’m gaining an advantage economically on anyone by doing so, so why punish me like that?

This 100%, but people can’t grasp that they shouldn’t have control over what someone does with their legitimate play time when they log on. So until then, the argument continues. I’ve yet to hear a decent counter-argument to why I shouldn’t be able to do what I want with my game time, including farming 1 zone, 1 area, whatever it shouldn’t matter if I’m sitting in my chair and controlling my character. The closest thing I’ve heard is to cause people to want to spend money on Gems in trade for currency, well I’ll say one thing to that – I’ll have a much greater chance to spend money on gems if I’m actually playing the video game in question.

Maybe to control the economy? There is already inflation on many items and bots have already circumvented the anti-bot measures currently in play so the only people being punished are legitimate players.

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

I just go watch tv for 30mins then come back and farm for 15-20 mins until the drops stop and then repeat.

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

The design goal of the game is that the ideal rewards should come from normal play.

Normal play is defined as doing a mix of content. Not a focused content.

That means ALL of DEs, hearts, exploring, crafting, Dungeons, WvWvW, etc.

Farming is usually a narrow focus kill repetitive mobs affair – if that is what you are doing, it should have the lowest possible reward. Grinding mobs is specifically meant to be the bottom end of the reward spectrum.

If you’re doing something else – but it is still repetitive, then it is still meant to be lower reward than varied play.

Over time and patches, and finding new ways people exploit the system – you can be sure they will plug the ‘holes’ that people are using to skirt around varied play.

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

The design goal of the game is that the ideal rewards should come from normal play.

Farming is usually a narrow focus kill repetitive mobs affair – if that is what you are doing, it should have the lowest possible reward. Grinding mobs is specifically meant to be the bottom end of the reward spectrum.

If you’re doing something else – but it is still repetitive, then it is still meant to be lower reward than varied play.

Over time and patches, and finding new ways people exploit the system – you can be sure they will plug the ‘holes’ that people are using to skirt around varied play.

In short is play the way Anet wants or GTFO, I hope they don’t mind when people stop playing because they can’t play how they enjoy and exploits have nothing to do with grinding mobs I think its fun to grind

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Shhhhh

2nd rule of the anti botting code is, you do not talk about the anti botting code
3rd rule of the anti botting code, if Anet yells stop, loot is over
4th rule, only 2 loots per 20mobs
5th rule, one loot at a time, fellas
6th rule, no greens, no blues
7th anti botting code will go on as long as it has to
8th rule, if this is your first night farming, you will not get loot.

Anet should post this on a wall in the office.

Posted by: Gave.9408

Gave.9408

All that does is add an even more tedious element of required travel to an already boring portion of the game.

At 80, all you do is grind – PVP or PVE, it’s all a grind. Why make it worse by FORCING us to travel every fifteen seconds (obvious exaggeration is obvious) – wasting money via WPs and losing out on higher-level ore nodes since only certain zones offer the highest level mats.

In a game so dependent on grinding to artificially lengthen the game, why oh why would you make the already skull-to-brick-wall process HARDER to do? Because of some goldfarmers who, no matter WHAT GAME or ANTI-FARM code put against them, have always existed in some form or fashion. It’s pretty pathetic.

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

If playing the game is boring to you – why are you even bothering to grind for it?

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

Posted by: Amon.5042

Amon.5042

I trust they will improve this. Sooner rather than later…

Posted by: Runar.1342

Runar.1342

In before people tell you that your play style is wrong and you can’t farm because they don’t want you to.

His play style is wrong and he shouldn’t farm because “they” don’t want him to.

TSLlol.4879

I really hope they plan on doing it sooner, as this is an issue that honestly makes me want to leave and play another game. Breaking my cycle of action every hour, is just… no.

Posted by: Levelord.5746

Levelord.5746

If playing the game is boring to you – why are you even bothering to grind for it?

I’ve seen this type of circular arguments before:

Person A: I don’t think I like this game.
Person B: How would you know anything? You haven’t even played the game.

Later…

Person A: Okay I’ve now played the game. I don’t think I like it.
Person B: If you don’t like it, then why are you still playing it?

or in Guild Wars 2’s case;

Person A: I’m having problems finding things to do in the game.
Person B: How would you know anything? You haven’t even tried getting exotic skins and legendaries

later on:

Person A: I’ve now tried grinding to get exotic skins and legendaries. I’m not enjoying the grind.
Person B: If you don’t like it, then why are you even bothering to grind for it?

Circular, circular, arguments. It’s a knee jerk reply using misleading and dubious logic. It rustles my jimmies.

Posted by: Gave.9408

Gave.9408

I’ve seen this type of circular arguments before:

Person A: I don’t think I like this game.
Person B: How would you know anything? You haven’t even played the game.

Later…

Person A: Okay I’ve now played the game. I don’t think I like it.
Person B: If you don’t like it, then why are you still playing it?

or in Guild Wars 2’s case;

Person A: I’m having problems finding things to do in the game.
Person B: How would you know anything? You haven’t even tried getting exotic skins and legendaries

later on:

Person A: I’ve now tried grinding to get exotic skins and legendaries. I’m not enjoying the grind.
Person B: If you don’t like it, then why are you even bothering to grind for it?

Circular, circular, arguments. It’s a knee jerk reply using misleading and dubious logic. It rustles my jimmies.

Oh, yes, because disliking a PARTICULAR portion of the game that you cannot control means you don’t find anything else satisfactory.

Circular arguments are dumb, but so are baseless generalizations like your statement.

People like this game; people dislike the grind required to achieve certain rewards.

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

A Fanboy would say, game thinks you’re a bot, deal with it or play another game.

I think thats stupid that they’re trying stop bots but punishing players -.-
I mean seriously why dont they have active moderation. instead of trying to make a bot find bots only to target humans

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

I don’t like this anti-botting program, as it reminds me way too much of Fatigue from the early stages of FFXIV.

The only work around that I’ve heard is logging onto another level 80 alt and do farming for an hour, then switch back. I haven’t confirmed this, but it’s just a rumor.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I thought you turned other places into ghost towns by making them reward less loot and karma than Orr thus encouraging everyone who wants loot to favour Orr over the other places. It’s no secret that players are favouring the maps that have the most dynamic event chains and highest concentration of activity for players, also any map with a chest boss (or two). Currently Harathi Hinterlands is incredible for a constant flow of events and a diverse range of areas to play in. What is the answer to this? To design more maps with high density of events and a constant flow of things players want to participate in, or nerf Harathi so that the events spawn far less often and players are sitting around grinding mobs waiting for them to spawn like you see in some maps? Ironically Harathi also has some of the coolest little secret areas to explore, those little touches of detail which make you stop and ponder. So people are exploring and poking around AND they are playing through frequent events and event chains (if that’s what they want to do).

Currently a problem with the Dynamic Event system is they are spawned on timers or randomly, not when players want to play them. People are searching out events instead of choosing events to play through. Because people need 42,000 karma x 6 for their exotic armour, they are going to want to play through a lot of events. Because Orr rewards more karma than anywhere else in the game they are going to play in Orr. Because there are certain areas which are event dense and have a high frequency of their spawning, players can realibly play there with events spawning without long wait times. Because other events in the area reward the same karma, less loot and are much harder and longer and often require some kind of organisation (no chest to encourage more people to participate) they are being largely ignored.

The reasons why players are avoiding other content and favouring certain content are really obvious and should have been so when designing the game. The ArenaNet response to this isn’t to fix the problems players have with other content (it would arguably be harder), instead they are nerfing the content players are playing to force them into other areas. They are cutting off the symptoms and ignoring the problem.

Posted by: Saga.1652

Saga.1652

Player: “But Mom, I just wanna eat the meat and cookies!”

ArenaNet: “NO, son, eat your vegetables, along with everything else! And I want each bite you take to be a mix of everything in the table! Don’t you dare eat all the meat first, and then the rest!”

Posted by: Naminator.9316

Naminator.9316

I haven’t gotten to play GW2 this week up until today. So I finally log on to farm me some karma in Orr. After one hour I notice I’m barely getting loot. I’m lucky if I get 1 white salvage item out of 10 undead killed.

So I ask… Why am I, a faithful player of the game being punished because of bots? Can I not play the game without being forced to leave what I’m doing every hour?

Ok so here are ANET choices.

Make farming a bit more inconvenient for a small minority like you and stop the bots from royally screwing over the economy, while looking for a better solution.

OR

Do nothing about it, let the bots ruin the economy, and thus ruining the game for EVERYONE! And in return, they don’t get to hear you whine on the forums?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tough choice indeed.

Ohhh and on a more serious note.

“Punishing’ you? Ohhh coooomeee oooon people, GET OVER YOURSELVES, its a freaking game for crying out load, stop being so melodramatic and acting as though someone just rapped your sister and ANET is letting them go scott-free or something.

(edited by Naminator.9316)

Edenknight.9284

Ok so here are ANET choices.

Make farming a bit more inconvenient for a small minority like you and stop the bots from royally screwing over the economy, while looking for a better solution.

OR

Do nothing about it, let the bots ruin the economy, and thus ruining the game for EVERYONE! And in return, they don’t get to hear you whine on the forums?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tough choice indeed.

Hmm, tough choice when bots have already circumvented the entire anti-farming code and are currently rolling in items and gold while the code is punishing legitimate players. Hmm, we should make crazy assumptions too, that sounds good.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It doesn’t actually do that, you get DR on any DE anywhere in the game world.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I really hope they plan on doing it sooner, as this is an issue that honestly makes me want to leave and play another game. Breaking my cycle of action every hour, is just… no.

They actually need to just roll back the change until they can find a more satisfactory solution and/or fix the bugs that they’ve already acknowledged are there. Companies have to make quick decisions on this sort of thing, moving too slowly doomed swtor.

The reasons why players are avoiding other content and favouring certain content are really obvious and should have been so when designing the game. The ArenaNet response to this isn’t to fix the problems players have with other content (it would arguably be harder), instead they are nerfing the content players are playing to force them into other areas. They are cutting off the symptoms and ignoring the problem.

Bingo! The DEs in The Cursed Shore in particular where players congregate are badly designed and encourage karma framing and indeed botting.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

Posted by: Colonel Kernel.7506

Colonel Kernel.7506

If the goal is “varied play” as you say, why did ANet design the game to make farming desirable? I hear about the ridiculous amount of mats required for top tier armor, and other rare drops that require endlessly slaughtering a specific type of mob. WTH did they think the players were going to do?

When you design a game that requires farming, players are gonna farm. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Posted by: Elydian.1763

Elydian.1763

You’re far from alone on that one. I feel the same, and have read plenty of comments stating the same.

Of all the changes that have been made to all the MMOs I’ve ever played, it’s this one alone that has actually made me reconsider playing at all.

You don’t design a game around grinding, then make grinding against the rules.

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Natural resources need to replenish themselves over time.
Learn to be in balance with your environment, young grasshopper.
crosses legs and floats into the sky

Posted by: Lysidian.4653

Lysidian.4653

You’re far from alone on that one. I feel the same, and have read plenty of comments stating the same.

Of all the changes that have been made to all the MMOs I’ve ever played, it’s this one alone that has actually made me reconsider playing at all.

You don’t design a game around grinding, then make grinding against the rules.

^This

I have absolutely no motivation to log in atm, play for 30mins until I stop getting loot/karma and have to find something else to do for the next hour. The DR is game breaking for me.

Posted by: Naminator.9316

Naminator.9316

Hmm, tough choice when bots have already circumvented the entire anti-farming code and are currently rolling in items and gold

Care to explain that?

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

-Shoots down- Don’t tell me how to play.

Jnaathra.6549

Hmm, tough choice when bots have already circumvented the entire anti-farming code and are currently rolling in items and gold

Care to explain that?

Bots are running some pretty advanced scripts at this time. They teleport from node to node and rack up large amounts of exp and materials. They also teleport from mob to mob and never kick in the DR.

These anti farming systems only effected those static bots. So they just evolved into something better, while punishing the rest of us real players.

Posted by: deriver.5381

deriver.5381

He is not telling you how to play. People just want everything their way, everytime, everywhere. If the DR system was something implemented since the first betas, you wouldnt be here complaining. Just because they changed something now, and you were able to experience how it was before the change, and you happen to like it, you think everything should be rolled back to what it was, you know, just because YOU liked it more.

Is it really this hard to just adapt?

The concept is not that hard to understand. People think they should play the way they want, but they fail to grasp the fact that this way will ever be as much as what the game allows it to be. If the game changes, you will have to adapt your way to play. MMO is an ever changing world. Sure, you may come here and say to A.Net you didn’t like their changes, and they even may change everything back, but you saying that they shouldn’t tell you how to play is just plain stupid. You are playing the game they made, EVERYTHING you can do is because they allowed it to be done in the first place.

Jnaathra.6549

He is not telling you how to play. People just want everything their way, everytime, everywhere. If the DR system was something implemented since the first betas, you wouldnt be here complaining. Just because they changed something now, and you were able to experience how it was before the change, and you happen to like it, you think everything should be rolled back to what it was, you know, just because YOU liked it more.

The concept is not that hard to understand. People think they should play the way they want, but they fail to grasp the fact that this way will ever be as much as what the game allows it to be. If the game changes, you will have to adapt your way to play. MMO is an ever changing world. Sure, you may come here and say to A.Net you didn’t like their changes, and they even may change everything back, but you saying that they shouldn’t tell you how to play is just plain stupid. You are playing the game they made, EVERYTHING you can do is because they allowed it to be done in the first place.

They have already admitted this stuff was to curve botting. It did not curve botting onekittenbit. So why should it remain if it is having no impact on botting?

The bots just got smarter, better and now have an even bigger advantage over the rest of us. This games client is entirely to trusting.

Client: I just teleported half way across the zone.
Server: Cool
Client: I can hit mobs with a melee attack, but the mob is 100 yards away.
Server: Dats cool
Client: I’m under the terrain.
Server: I don’t care

Posted by: Gauradan.8361

Gauradan.8361

These arguments again? They marketed the game on the idea that you can play it your way. They said that if you have the time and the resolve to farm, you can do it. People who don’t have time can buy convenience items from the shop or can trade-in gems for gold. Now it seems that even if you have time you can’t farm because every half an hour or so you have to stop and wait for the DE and loot caps to reset.

Just because it’s their game doesn’t mean we don’t have the right to contest their decisions. The fact that you’re telling us we should shut up and cope with it just proves that you are a fanboy. Even if they’re not removing these mechanics, we still have the right to express our concerns in this regard, whether you like it or not. And if you don’t like it, you might as well have stayed as well from the thread, because the title is quite suggestive of the topic.

Aed f’haeil moen Hirjeth taenverde.

Posted by: Neppu Demion.7439

Neppu Demion.7439

This anti-botting code is a lot like DRM. Ultimately it will only punish honest gamers.

deriver.5381

@Gauradan because for some reason the quote button just vanished:

So, following your logic, if I wanted to fly, I could just come here and make complaining posts until they getkitten enough to ban my forever or add my flying skills ingame? Because, if I should be able to play the way I want, I should be able to do, you know, anything I want.

Why sticking so much to semantics to back up your opinion? It should be obvious that there is no way a game that allows people do play exactlly the way they want can be ever created, right? You will always be following rules and they will always limit your playstyle somehow.

As I said on my last post, you can say you didn’t like something that was changed as much as you want, and they can even agree with you and change something back, but saying that you aren’t being able to “play the way you want” is just stupíd as I can use this very argument to complain about just ANYTHING in this game.

Gauradan.8361

@Gauradan because for some reason the quote button just vanished:

So, following your logic, if I wanted to fly, I could just come here and make complaining posts until they getkitten enough to ban my forever or add my flying skills ingame? Because, if I should be able to play the way I want, I should be able to do, you know, anything I want.

Why sticking so much to semantics to back up your opinion? It should be obvious that there is no way a game that allows people do play exactlly the way they want can be ever created, right? You will always be following rules and they will always limit your playstyle somehow.

As I said on my last post, you can say you didn’t like something that was changed as much as you want, and they can even agree with you and change something back, but saying that you aren’t being able to “play the way you want” is just stupíd as I can use this very argument to complain about just ANYTHING in this game.

I never said you should be able to do every possible thing. I was referring to the particular issue of farming, about which they said that if it was your thing to do, you could do it just as well as in any other game. You’re saying we should adapt, but how can you do that? If you want to buy karma armor and you’ve got an hour on your hands, you’ll only be able to farm for half of it (or whatever time it usually takes to hit the cap). The rest is a wasting. This doesn’t affect farmers only, it affects even those players who can only login for an hour or two a day.

And the argument that MMOs are ever changing doesn’t stand here. It was their belief that people with lots of time and less money (or less willing to spend money on gems) should be able to get gold by farming, while the people with money, but little time, could get gold by trading gems. Going against one of their core philosophies so early in the game’s lifespan is unacceptable to me, even if the decision was, like they claim, taken to discourage botting.

Furthermore, since the bots have already bypassed these mechanics and they proved inefficient, they should be removed as soon as the next patch. Otherwise, I might just believe that they were put in place to encourage people to buy gems and trade them for gold.

deriver.5381

I’m not sure if you played many other games out there, but every single one of them have farming limitations running of some sort…

WoW has a cap on badges you can earn through looking for group AND a cap on how many instances you can do on a set amount of time.

Rift has the same cap on badges for dungeons, just not for the badges from events, but those offer lesser quality badges.

Tera also has a cap on how many times you can run the same dungeon on a set amount of time.

I don’t understand the problem. Every game out there has a cap of some sort to limit earnings based on the time they think is apropriated for their players to reach their goals. Maybe MMO isn’t your thing? Because as far as my experience tells me, capping the speed of advancement is a pretty common thing to the mmo genre.

Gauradan.8361

@deriver No MMO I have ever played has a cap on farming materials.

Edit: Also, you’re ignoring my mentioning of the fact that it was their philosophy that you would not be required to farm, but if you wanted to do it, you could. As it stand right now, you can’t. The only ones making money are bots and those who play the trading post (flippers). You can’t even sell what little crafting materials you earn from killing mobs at decent prices anymore. The most profitable way of making gold is probably leveling

(edited by Gauradan.8361)

Posted by: Novalight.7568

Novalight.7568

I’m not sure if you played many other games out there, but every single one of them have farming limitations running of some sort…

WoW has a cap on badges you can earn through looking for group AND a cap on how many instances you can do on a set amount of time.

Rift has the same cap on badges for dungeons, just not for the badges from events, but those offer lesser quality badges.

Tera also has a cap on how many times you can run the same dungeon on a set amount of time.

I don’t understand the problem. Every game out there has a cap of some sort to limit earnings based on the time they think is apropriated for their players to reach their goals. Maybe MMO isn’t your thing? Because as far as my experience tells me, capping the speed of advancement is a pretty common thing to the mmo genre.

And everyone plays those games and everyone loves that system, right?

And as people said, Anet advertised themselves as being different, new gaming experience, play as you like and yadayada. Ok, I get it, it’s PR but too much bullkitten and it bites you in thekitten

“GW2 takes everything you love about GW1” – M. O’Brien
“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“The most important thing in any game should be the player” – R. Soesbee

(edited by Moderator)

deriver.5381

You have to understand what they meant when they said that.

Are you required to farm just to get your top tier items? Yeah, I know you do, BUT it isn’t that much if you check what is the common pace of grinding these days on other mmos. Its not that much here if all you care about are your stat numbers.

They could have said the grinding exists but its nothing compared to all the other games out there, so in comparison, it’s pretty minimal here.

Now, the good looking equipement, yeah those are where the grind is… They are not required in any way and are just there for those who decide to put the time and effort towards them. So, yes, there is grinding, and there is farming, they are just not required.

Now, about the anti botting system, I saw a dev posting its bugged somehow and people are seeing DRs anywhere, even if they don’t just farm the same please. The devs said it will be fixed and it is, in fact, a bug. After this bug is fixed, all you will have to do will be move between DEs to keep farming and the system will never tick to you.

(edited by deriver.5381)

Gauradan.8361

You have to understand what they meant when they said that.

Are you required to farm just to get your top tier items? Yeah, I know you do, BUT it isn’t that much if you check what is the common pace of grinding these days on other mmos. Its not that much here if all you care about are your stat numbers.

They could have said the grinding exists but its nothing compared to all the other games out there, so in comparison, it’s pretty minimal here.

Now, the good looking equipement, yeah those are where the grind is… They are not required in any ways and are just there for those who decide to put the time and effort towards them. So, yes, there is grinding, and there is farming, they are just not required.

Now, about the anti botting system, I saw a dev posting its bugged somehow and people are seeing DRs anywhere, even if they don’t just farm the same please. The devs said it will be fixed and it is, in fact, a bug. After this bug is fixed, all you will have to do will be move between DEs to keep farming and the system will never tick to you.

Whether farming is required or not is subjective. If I want to get a certain look I’m required to farm. The anti-farm code shouldn’t exist, period. Loot is scarce as it is already. Diminishing it depending on how many you kill is even worse.

There’s no reason to defend the anti-farm code. It’s a stupid mechanic that doesn’t even do what it’s meant to do (which is to stop botting). We, the players, get less materials than the bots, then, when we sell them, we get even less money from them because there are already a lot of them brought into the market by bots. In a game which claims they don’t need to keep you playing because it doesn’t have a monthly fee, such limiting mechanics shouldn’t exist.

Posted by: Galdar.5039

Galdar.5039

So when they said that if you want to farm you can they really meant that you can not….
Doubleplusgood citizen, we always were at war with Eastasia ;-)

Posted by: FarFarAway.6579

FarFarAway.6579

@deriver No MMO I have ever played has a cap on farming materials.

That’s what the kids around here call “revolutionary”.

Posted by: Rarehero.6574

Rarehero.6574

From my experience the latest do not only apply to farming. After two, three events every drop just disappears for me, no only from random mobs but also from events. That’s unacceptable!

I’m not a farmer. I’m an explorer. I love to discover every corner of the world and do all the stuff I can find, but even I expect some kind of reward for it, for example crafting materials. Good point by the way: Crafting has become impossible for me because the necessary materials don’t drop. And I can’t buy everything in the trading post – because I spend more gold for traveling, repair services and commodities than I earn through playing the game (in four days I’ve lost 80% of my money). Great!

There’s no point for me to leave the cities and do stuff like events or exploring. How do you expect me to play the game? Log in every evening, participate in two or three events until the the mobs stop dropping stuff? And after two weeks I might have enough materials to craft a piece of armor? Thanks, but no deal! I’m off playing Borderlands 2. I might check back in a few weeks to see if you have learned your lesson.

And that’s the game I’ve been eagerly waiting for for five years …

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

They’ve already said it is bugged. No need for everyone to make drama out of this.