Why are Extended Potions Soul Bound?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mouse.9632

Mouse.9632

Hello. I recently got the Recipe to make an Extended Potion of Ghost Slaying. I do AC enough that I figured it’d be a good investment. I give the Recipe to my Artificer and much to my surprise, the potions it produces are Soul bound! Why is this? There is No reason why the Extended Potions of ____ Slaying should be Soul bound. I could see Account bound since you have to get the tokens first in order to get these recipes to begin with, but not Soul bound. I’m not going to get my Artificing to 400 on every toon just to be able to use these potions.

Does anyone feel the same about this, or just me?

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

I’ve never understood it either, way way back I grabbed the recipe for undead slaying from Arah and was annoyed that it was soulbound. It makes the recipes not worth the effort if you play multiple characters. Maybe Gaile will see this and talk to the powers that be about making them accountbound.

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Yeah. Makes no sense. I’m certainly not going to level articifer on every one of my chars. At the very least it should be account bound and truthfully, why not be able to sell them. Other potions are sellable.

Posted by: Scottish.7148

Scottish.7148

Ran into this unfortunate “feature” this morning. These really need to be made Account Bound, yesterday. Here’s to hoping Anet eventually gets around to it.

Posted by: Magnnus.5169

Magnnus.5169

Probably to encourage crafting.