Why are Norns spoilt?

Why are Norns spoilt?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tazzuki.2648

Tazzuki.2648

Hey! okay so I love character customisation… I have been waiting for a good Human hairstyle for years! non of them are long enough and they don’t have enough style, amazingness to them. I was wondering why Norns can have all the good human hairstyles with so much character while Humans.. can’t have the nice ponytails hairstyles that Norns have, and are stuck with tiny designed wimp looking hairstyles.

arguments I expect:

“But that would take away the norns popularity and we would be flooded with more humans” no. that is not the case at all. I would say Norn are the most popular race but even so, I just want them to be a little more fair with the hairstyles

“why don’t you just make a norn?”
because I’m just not a big fan of the male type figure and the slow walk animation (i am female) and having a man like voice in game makes me feel uncomfortable. Don’t get me wrong I LOVE Norns but i just cant see me playing as one.

anyway, I’m interested to see what you think on the subject as it’s just been stuck on my mind.

(edited by Tazzuki.2648)

Why are Norns spoilt?

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

No, norn is not more popular. Humans win by a large shot. I don’t even know how you could think that.

Human females are over presented and they all look the same. Everyone got the same hairstyle, same armour, same colour, same ridiculous wings, across all professions.

The majority of them look so horrible.

Everyone need their own set of unique stuff, so no, human females shouldn’t have more.

If anything, norn should have more because they are far less presented than human.

Why are Norns spoilt?

Tazzuki.2648

No, norn is not more popular. Humans win by a large shot. I don’t even know how you could think that.

Human females are over presented and they all look the same. Everyone got the same hairstyle, same armour, same colour, same ridiculous wings, across all professions.

The majority of them look so horrible.

Everyone need their own set of unique stuff, so no, human females shouldn’t have more.

If anything, norn should have more because they are far less presented than human.

I totally disagree with you. All human hair is ugly and they all look the same, like you said. and Norns have so much beautiful amazing hairstyles. Humans have been viewed as over popular for so long but in reality they do need just a little more effort on design towards their hairstlyes. and even if they are over popular, is that a bad thing? let people play what they want and be equal when it comes to hair oh ma gawd

Why are Norns spoilt?

Farzo.8410

Race popularity is not a bad or good thing, it doesn’t affect anything.

It’s just boring. Sad to see how people sink rather low to create characters that just looks the same as everyone else over and over again.

Shouldn’t have to be like that.

That’s why the “human female fashion meta” is a running joke, being constantly ridiculed.

(edited by Farzo.8410)

Why are Norns spoilt?

Tazzuki.2648

It’s just boring. Sad to see how people sink rather low to create characters that just looks the same as everyone else over and over again.

That’s why the “human female fashion meta” is a running joke, being constantly ridiculed.

Yeah you’re right It wouldn’t be called ‘sinking low’ if humans had more of a good choice :/ it is boring! that’s why I see more Norns around these days. People choose humans because everyone can relate to them and they feel most comfortable. (that’s why I choose them) seeing as it our own race I’d like them to be a bit more enthusiastic about character customisation. but anyway I cant just expect anet to drop everything just for humans ‘hairstyles’. I just admire the Norns hair too much I’m just like _ halp

(edited by Tazzuki.2648)

Why are Norns spoilt?

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

I don’t think people set out to create characters that look like everyone else, humanoid females just look better than most others and people tend to have very similar taste in fashion.

The different races are kind of cool in theory, but it’s turned out to be more of a hindrance than anything else. Having so many distinct character models to work on is why we can’t have nice things.

Also, Long hairstyles can be pretty restrictive if clipping bothers you at all.

Why are Norns spoilt?

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I agree. You know what I find more boring than human characters? BLACK DYES.
I love Sylvari because of their colors! I enjoy using lots of random dyes on my gear like a rainbow and my Sylvari have colorful bodies too. It makes me sad when I see a character in full black because we have hundreds of amazing dyes to play with.

Why are Norns spoilt?

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

I agree. You know what I find more boring than human characters? BLACK DYES.
I love Sylvari because of their colors! I enjoy using lots of random dyes on my gear like a rainbow and my Sylvari have colorful bodies too. It makes me sad when I see a character in full black because we have hundreds of amazing dyes to play with.

If you ever play a drinking game where you take a shot every time you see a human female in this game, you’ll be drunk within seconds =P

Have you noticed that there are quite a lot of human female thieves that use not only tier 3 cultural armour, but also the scarf from the gem store? That’s a combination I see all the time in-game.

But yeah I agree about Sylvari. I really like how their hair/leaves glows in the dark and how colourful they are in general. My Sylvari is one of my favourite characters.

(edited by Zynt.5769)

Why are Norns spoilt?

Tazzuki.2648

Reason why I’m making a big deal is because (this might sound silly) I’m trying to make a sheikah cosplay of zelda in disguise.. and my human has not got a good enough long braid hairstyle. :/ sad times.

otherwise I’d to make a new character and of course I don’t really want to do that even though I have tons of levelling tombs but its looking that way.

Why are Norns spoilt?

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Norn just looks more popular because they’re easy to spot.

Have you noticed that there are quite a lot of human female thieves that use not only tier 3 cultural armour, but also the scarf from the gem store? That’s a combination I see all the time in-game.

Guilty to using t3 medium top on my thief. Though it’s kinda between that or the gem store viper and strider skins…which I don’t have. Medium carapace and human t2 are nice as well, but the rest is just trenchcoats

Why are Norns spoilt?

Farzo.8410

Guilty to using t3 medium top on my thief. Though it’s kinda between that or the gem store viper and strider skins…which I don’t have. Medium carapace and human t2 are nice as well, but the rest is just trenchcoats

Tier 3 underboob black leather armour, dual incinerator, flower-in-the-hair-hairstyle with weeaboo anime colour, massive obnoxious wings?

Why are Norns spoilt?

Posted by: Diak Atoli.2085

Diak Atoli.2085

Tier 3 underboob black leather armour, dual incinerator, flower-in-the-hair-hairstyle with weeaboo anime colour, massive obnoxious wings?

I have to say, I have never actually seen that combination in the game. Then again, I’m more concerned with having fun and dressing my own characters than paying attention to what others may or may not be wearing.

Why are Norns spoilt?

Posted by: Chaos.5072

Chaos.5072

I like norn cause of the tats

Why are Norns spoilt?

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

“why don’t you just make a norn?”
because I’m just not a big fan of the male type figure and the slow walk animation (i am female) and having a man like voice in game makes me feel uncomfortable. Don’t get me wrong I LOVE Norns but i just cant see me playing as one.

Have you considered playing 1st person? Seriously. It adds a bit of extra challenge to the game, and while running around you won’t have the visual feedback that makes you feel you’re running slow.

Then, when you get into zerg-ish fights or are at crowded banks/TP, scroll out to 3rd person if you need.. you may not be moving enough that you’ll notice the slower-appearing movement.

Might be worth a shot?

~EW

Why are Norns spoilt?

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

i like the female body of norn much beter then human

everything is perfect but by a human is the boobs to big and to skiny body ore to small boobs and to fat body and no am not a perv i just look how char look

and what gear and outfit suit her

Why are Norns spoilt?

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I have a Human Female Rev. I want to make her a monk-demoness in the style of the Aesma from Kill Six Billion Demons, but I canĀ“t make her dark-blue enough, nor can I make her bald.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Why are Norns spoilt?

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

I can’t really blame medium armor human female players from choosing the rare few pieces of NON-TRENCHCOAT armor they have. Medium Armor is really the worst in terms of choices for looks.

Way, way too many trenchcoats.

Why are Norns spoilt?

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Nah, this is my thief.

Attachments:

Why are Norns spoilt?

Posted by: Zacky.1907

Zacky.1907

Jesus, thats spot on.
Anyway the trenchcoats can look good if you match it up right, here’s my engi

Attachments:

Why are Norns spoilt?

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

Jesus, thats spot on.
Anyway the trenchcoats can look good if you match it up right, here’s my engi

Yeah trenchcoats can look nice on a character, although to be honest there are way too many trenchcoats for the medium armour classes. Anet went overboard with them for some reason.

I think humans in general are kinda boring in GW2. Sometimes you just feel lost in a sea of humans lol. They also seem to have a bit of a babyish look to them somehow, the females more so than the males. Maybe it’s because people always choose the most innocent looking faces or something? I don’t know lol. The norn look more mature in my opinion which is why I like them better.

The norn are basically just taller humans, but I do prefer them. My only gripe with the Norn is that the males all have to be steroid abusing beefcakes. From a lore stand point it makes sense though. Then again all the races seem to have a lack of body type options (probably due to issues with armour not fitting them right if they change too much).