Why are fractal weps acc bound!?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Give me just one reason please. A freaking legendary can be sold, an exotics can be sold (which is what fractal weapons are), even bl chest skins can now be sold but not fractal weapons? These skins aren’t from dungeon tokens as any other dungeon armors/weapons, aren’t Ascended (for some messed up reasons a legendary is sellable but not ascended…) so what’s up with that? Did they just woke up one day and decided to not let us sell Fractal weapons? This also applies to every exotic item you get from FoTM chests,,,,,,, why the F are they acc bound?

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

There reason is because they dont want players that dont do fractals to have fractal skins. IMO they should keep fractals skins they way they are BUT also add other unique skins that only drop in certain fractals i.e dredge, krait, ancient ascolon ect. that are tradeable, and dont resemble anything you would associate a “fractal item” with

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

Because otherwise half the people who do fractals will stop doing them…

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

It’s quite simple. It rewards people who actually do fractals. At the moment, that’s one of the only unique rewards we can get from that part of the game. I think they should keep them that way.

It’d be nice if we had more options to obtain them through playing in fractals beyond a random drop from the daily chest. But I like that they’re a unique reward to fractals. I hope they add other unique rewards too.

Nuka Cola.8520

Because otherwise half the people who do fractals will stop doing them…

look at gw2lfg site for fractals, its already dead and been dead for some time. Not to say fractal skins would cost cheap enough that anyone could afford them. Take Genesis for example, you can farm it for weeks and not get it, at the same time you can purchase it but it costs quite a lot. Same should be with fractal skins. Not only its good for those who are looking for a certain fractal weapon that never drops for them, but its also great for those who invested hundreds of hours in fotm and are looking to sell their unused fractal weapons. Win/win situation on both fronts.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I support tradable Fractal weapons, if only for the fact that it’s entirely possible to get given a Fractal weapon that you absolutely don’t want or can’t use. Like being an Ele and getting the Fractal Longbow.

Posted by: matjazmuhic.1649

matjazmuhic.1649

Oh yes sure let’s give everyone everything… Kids these days… sigh

To the poster above: You can make alts. Fractal weapons should stay as they are.

Nuka Cola.8520

So, to you, selling a weapon that takes months to craft (legendary weps) makes perfect sense to be sold on TP with your “sure let’s give everyone everything… Kids these days” but not a random drop from a dungeon? Like really? You can’t be serious here… What do you say about ALL other exotic skins that drop from fotm chests and are acc bound? This is also “sure let’s give everyone everything… Kids these days”?

matjazmuhic.1649

First of all learn to read. I said no such thing about legendaries. I didn’t even mentioned that.

Legendary weapons should not be sellable ofcourse. Other non exotic non rare skins being account bound on the other hand is lame.

I’m all up for more of these kind of rewards, unique skins, that you can only get by doing certain “harder” things. This way we get at least some sense of accomplishment.

Nuka Cola.8520

First of all learn to read. I said no such thing about legendaries. I didn’t even mentioned that.

Legendary weapons should not be sellable ofcourse. Other non exotic non rare skins being account bound on the other hand is lame.

I’m all up for more of these kind of rewards, unique skins, that you can only get by doing certain “harder” things. This way we get at least some sense of accomplishment.

I didn’t say you mentioned legendaries, i asked you a question because there’s something very wrong with what can and can’t be sold. Since they allowed us to sell weapons acquired with bl chests, there’s no reason to not let us sell fractal weapons.

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

it should be the other way around, legendary weapons should be account bound.

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Posted by: koolmutt.9827

koolmutt.9827

FOTM is like currently the only slightly challenging endgame content, and in many peoples’ opinion also the best endgame content we currently have. If anything, they need to add more unique rewards and incentives for people to keep running fractals.

Dungeon loot gets a buff, champion loot gets a buff, and even get rank chests in WvW now. Why are there no new incentives for people to do FOTM?

To the OP: I agree legendaries shouldn’t be sellable, but neither should fractal skins. Giving everyone access to every skin in the game that can simply be bought by gold without putting any effort in = fail

matjazmuhic.1649

There IS a reason Nuka Cola. Something should stay special.

Happyfool I agree about account bound legendaries,.

Nuka Cola.8520

FOTM is like currently the only slightly challenging endgame content, and in many peoples’ opinion also the best endgame content we currently have. If anything, they need to add more unique rewards and incentives for people to keep running fractals.

Dungeon loot gets a buff, champion loot gets a buff, and even get rank chests in WvW now. Why are there no new incentives for people to do FOTM?

To the OP: I agree legendaries shouldn’t be sellable, but neither should fractal skins. Giving everyone access to every skin in the game that can simply be bought by gold without putting any effort in = fail

and i would agree if legendary weps and ascended (which are already supposed to be) were acc bound but they aren’t. Even if they were all acc bound, we should be able to do something with these ‘rare’ skins if you don’t have nor plan to have a character that use these weapons. Or are we supposed to store them in storage/storage characters and forget them completely? Instead of getting X weapon, we should be getting a ticket which then let us trade for any fractal weapons, T6 mats and so on. I want to do something with my 5 fractal hammers!

Posted by: Kareth.6572

Kareth.6572

Everything in this game can be bought with money, why you want the last thing that involves some ppl work instead, to be the same?
Actually its one of my few little hopes that this game can become something ‘fun’ instead ‘pay and get anything u want’

matjazmuhic.1649

Nuka Cola ascended gear should be salvagable and it should give ectos and mists essence/glob/crystals imo. At least that.

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

I didn’t say you mentioned legendaries, i asked you a question because there’s something very wrong with what can and can’t be sold. Since they allowed us to sell weapons acquired with bl chests, there’s no reason to not let us sell fractal weapons.

Look if you think a Trader who never killed 1 mob deserves to have every Skin go along with making everything un-accountbound… if you think ppl not deserve everything who haven’t done everything.. you should post that legendaries shoulnd’t be sellable … there should be WAY MORE unique Skins like liadri ect that show that you have done somthing and not just had enough Money to buy it….

as for the Skins and the rng in getting em … once you get high enough you get: Skin per day ( as soon as they open 80 again ) witch will be soon since asc armor Comes out this year… so you easely get the Skin you want within 2 weeks ( assuming you are very unlucky!)

STOP making everything sellable it’s the only weapon that Traders can’t get atm .. and I think it’s not right that the ppl that has the most legendaries and stuff atm are the ppl killing the least Mobs doing the least Content.

first scale 81 fractals

Nuka Cola.8520

Everything in this game can be bought with money, why you want the last thing that involves some ppl work instead, to be the same?
Actually its one of my few little hopes that this game can become something ‘fun’ instead ‘pay and get anything u want’

Because i have 16 fractal skins that have no use. I’d prefer giving them away for free than let them rot on my storage character

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

BLSK?
/15 charrzookas

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

matjazmuhic.1649

Because i have 16 fractal skins that have no use. I’d prefer giving them away for free than let them rot on my storage character

Salvage? If you could salvage them for ecto or mists essence/glob/crystal and maybe craft them in forge for reasonable large amounts of those I’d be happy with that. But they should be account bound no matter what.

Posted by: lilstev.3498

lilstev.3498

Legendaries don’t require skill, Fracs do. Unfortunately both are plagued by bad RNG…..

Man these questions are starting to get really dumb.

Posted by: lilstev.3498

lilstev.3498

No they didn’t earn it, you did…
Really sweet guy, but lets be little more realistic white knight

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

16 Indiviual skins or stacks?

I for one would love the sword or dagger, But glad their not on TP. I love the fact that I have axe/focus fractal weapons and chances of other people having them is low. In an MMO it makes me feel more unique.
Their account bound so they can be used on any alt.. If you want them to be sold.. then the only.. ONLY!! thing I’ll accept is vendor selling- like Ascended Rings. (4 Silver)
… I do not like, do not want nor will ever be happy to know that fractal weapons can be brought off the TP by people who dont invest in the high levels/chance for drops.
If you want fractal weapons – invest in the time… Dont want them – get rid of them or (if changed – vendor them).

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

destroy them and be done with it.

just think that you gave them away

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Nuka Cola.8520

16 Indiviual skins or stacks?

I for one would love the sword or dagger, But glad their not on TP. I love the fact that I have axe/focus fractal weapons and chances of other people having them is low. In an MMO it makes me feel more unique.
Their account bound so they can be used on any alt.. If you want them to be sold.. then the only.. ONLY!! thing I’ll accept is vendor selling- like Ascended Rings. (4 Silver)
… I do not like, do not want nor will ever be happy to know that fractal weapons can be brought off the TP by people who dont invest in the high levels/chance for drops.
If you want fractal weapons – invest in the time… Dont want them – get rid of them or (if changed – vendor them).

i have 19 fractal weapons in all, use the sword/harpoon/pistol and have nothing to use the rest on. They should at least let use salvage them for T7 mats or something (when introduced) because salvaging a fractal weapon for a chance of 1-3 ectos doesn’t feel right at all.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I gotta say, for someone who hates the game as much as your posts generally suggest, you sure do play it a lot. What’s that about? Love/hate thing?

OP is mad because he is getting rare items that he can’t make a profit on. That’s it. It is greed nothing more. You might as well make the dungeon token items trade-able too then. If someone wants to have the Arah look, they shouldn’t be forced to actually DO Arah, right?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Satakal.6971

Satakal.6971

Haven’t we been over this like last year … I like the concept of content having rewards exclusive to it. It encourages people to do it, in a more healthy way than if you have unrewarding content that players are nudged into through daily and monthly achievements. And because there aren’t a lot of players doing high level fractals because they are not time/money efficient, and because you have unreliable RNG, I think fractal weapons are kind of a big deal and I’d like them to stay like that.

Nuka Cola.8520

I gotta say, for someone who hates the game as much as your posts generally suggest, you sure do play it a lot. What’s that about? Love/hate thing?

OP is mad because he is getting rare items that he can’t make a profit on. That’s it. It is greed nothing more. You might as well make the dungeon token items trade-able too then. If someone wants to have the Arah look, they shouldn’t be forced to actually DO Arah, right?

here’s the difference, arah and the rest of dungeon equipment are acquired with tokens, fractal weapons and ascended rings aren’t. There’s no reason to make the 8 main dungeon equipment sellable but there’s one when it comes to fractal weapons because its just an exotic weapon you get from a chest, nothing else. The OP is me… and im not mad about something that’s been like that since November 2012… I just want to find a use for fractal weapons i have stored on my storage character for half a year. Is it too much asking to be able to sell what i got? In this game i guess it is.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Fractals skins are the ONLY thing in this game that you can’t get unless your kitten gets out of the trading post. Please keep it that way.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

ITT: Bads that got carried through fractal lv20 and got the skin they wanted on their first few tries and don’t want others to get them too.

Admit it, none of you but OP has probably even done many fractals or reached lv48. Me for example, i got only 8 weapons out of ~150 full lv38/48 clears and still haven’t gotten the weapons i wanted since 10 months but my friend got all 4 that i wanted and doesn’t even use them.

I support the idea to an extent, but there still should be some requirements on using the weapons i.e. at least a personal level of X on said character(s).

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Why are Arah, CoF and CM weapons not sellable? Same reason. Was honestly pretty easy to figure out.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Nuka Cola.8520

Why are Arah, CoF and CM weapons not sellable? Same reason. Was honestly pretty easy to figure out.

Do you use dungeon tokens to acquire fractal weapons? You don’kittens just a chest drop, so no, its not exactly an easy way to figure it out. What this is, is just a random rule anet set for this particular skin and all other exotics coming from fractal chests.

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Being able to sell Legendary Weapons is easier to justify, as Legendary Weapons are basically just “grind whatever you want for gold” skins. Whether you grind for gold to make your Legendary, or grind for gold to buy your Legendary, it is basically the same thing. Fractal Weapons on the other hand are rewards for people who run Fractals. The RNG can be annoying, like getting 4 Warhorns over the course of 6 months while some other guy gets a GS, a couple Swords, Dagger, etc in one month… however that’s just RNG for you.

Nuka Cola.8520

Being able to sell Legendary Weapons is easier to justify, as Legendary Weapons are basically just “grind whatever you want for gold” skins. Whether you grind for gold to make your Legendary, or grind for gold to buy your Legendary, it is basically the same thing. Fractal Weapons on the other hand are rewards for people who run Fractals. The RNG can be annoying, like getting 4 Warhorns over the course of 6 months while some other guy gets a GS, a couple Swords, Dagger, etc in one month… however that’s just RNG for you.

and Fractal weapons isn’t a grind? its an extreme grind lol they’re both grind and if one of the two is sellable, so should be the other. People that are against sellable fractal skins, what do you think about every single generic exotic skin you get from fotm chests being acc bound? Is this also supposed to be “dungeon exclusive” thing not allowed to be sold for some reason? I bet most of you didn’t knew all exotics from this dungeon are acc bound when it isn’t the case in any other dungeons. Is FOTM supposed to be FoTM: Account Bound Edition dungeon?

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Other exotics being account bound sucks and shouldn’t be there imo, but it may be because some ( the weapons at least? ) share skins with cultural weapons?

Good thing they know fractal rewards system needs some work!

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Anet created a “gear grind” dungeon. It’s not really about skill. If you want 1 RNG skin out of 19, what are your chances of getting it? It’s a lottery to keep people playing for the skin they want- grinding and gambling not skill.

Nuka Cola.8520

Other exotics being account bound sucks and shouldn’t be there imo, but it may be because some ( the weapons at least? ) share skins with cultural weapons?

Good thing they know fractal rewards system needs some work!

it can’t be cultural reason because there’s already Rares that drop from mobs sharing T1 (sylvari ones) skin. Something tells me anet don’t even know about it because i haven’t seen a single person talk about acc bound fotm exotics since fractals were released.

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

If you are going to try to put words in someone’s mouth, don’t quote their message.

Nuka Cola.8520

If you are going to try to put words in someone’s mouth, don’t quote their message.

what?

Posted by: Yeni.3507

Yeni.3507

Or you know, let those skins become something useful in the up coming ascended gear patch!

We can infused those skins into real ascended weapons and choose our own stats!

I mean the formula is already there, we can infused it like those fractal backpiece.

(edited by Yeni.3507)

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I saw Nuka’s name and had horrible flashbacks!

(not that the necromancer is much better…)

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

(edited by zenleto.6179)

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

Since the thread was revived without any constructive addition to the discussion, it is now closed.