Why are loot chests not mailed to us?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pahawe.4865

Pahawe.4865

Twice today I have killed Karka Queen. The first time, the game crashed before I could loot and booted me out of the shard I was on, locking me out of my loot chest. The second time, I looted the Queen’s body, and just got to the chest, spammed f… Then my connection died. Again. Booted off the map, denied my loot. Why. WHY. All I am after is one single, stupid collection item for my Mistward boots. That’s all I want. Why have I had roughly six hours of my time wasted when I could have had the loot mailed to me when the game detected I hadn’t looted the chest before it despawned? Why is such a basic essential of a modern MMO neglected here? I’d like someone at ANet to give me an answer, please. And if possible, my loot as well.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They should be able to do this as it’s done with guild missions. We all did rush and then waited for the mission timer to elapse as we hadn’t gotten our reward yet. Someone that completed it had left the map and got their chest when we all did. They were even on a different character. So it can be done.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

sounds like you either need to update to the 64 bit client or get a better connection .

Pahawe.4865

Here’s hoping they implement that then. In the meantime, can anyone give me some advice on how I can contact customer support about this issue? Surely they’ve some way of tracking which world bosses I’ve killed recently, and it should at least show my latest kill of KQ. I’m not after any loot to sell, only the collection item she drops for the Mistwards Warboots.

Adine.2184

So what you’re going to contact them and demand it ? somehow i dont think it works that way .

Pahawe.4865

Adine, I think you’re missing the point spectacularly. Why is the game punishing me for a crash that’s happened after the boss is dead, something completely outside of my own control? The problem isn’t my connection or the lack of 64-bit client (which I did upgrade to after the first KQ kill was ruined by the crash). The problem is that the game should be mailing players the contents of the champ chests they earn if it can detect that the player has not opened the chest itself because of a crash.

Adine.2184

You say you’re not after the loot but all im hearing is " i want my loot" . If its not a big deal then why fuss ? I’ve DCed after teq before but kitten happens so whatever . Im not about to throw a fit over virtual goods that i MIGHT have gotten. you sound a little too entitled to me

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

It would be nice to have some back-up system that would help keep us from losing our loot in the event of a crash. I don’t expect to be compensated for anything in the past for sure, but I would be happy to have some sort of safe guard added in the future.

You say you’re not after the loot but all im hearing is " i want my loot" . If its not a big deal then why fuss ? I’ve DCed after teq before but kitten happens so whatever . Im not about to throw a fit over virtual goods that i MIGHT have gotten. you sound a little too entitled to me

Adine… it’s ok. It is going to be ok.

Attachments:

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Pahawe.4865

I’m sorry, but why do I sound entitled when I’ve put time and effort in to actually kill these bosses, then lost my rewards because of circumstances I cannot control at all? It is by no means ‘entitlement’ to expect the game to have a feature that is contained in other games which are, in fact, far older than it. It is not ‘entitlement’ to ask that I receive the rewards that I have rightly earnt twice over.