Why are patch notes so brief?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

Something I’m sure a lot of people wonder.

Of course, be brief when it comes to information about content, but why not tell us EVERYTHING about, say, the updates to magic find?

You don’t explain it, so everyone piles onto the forums asking questions, and devs answer few. So it’s not that you want to keep it secret if you tell us in forum threads.

I’d just love to read, prior to the release of updates, an in-depth description of what we are getting.

| Lithia |

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

They will probably release some blogpost thise week about the magic find and maybe even about the other updates.
Just be patient

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I do hate the whole “hidden updates” thing they do, where they don’t list changes to some things that are important.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I do hate the whole “hidden updates” thing they do, where they don’t list changes to some things that are important.

Same either way the population works it out and gets upset, i wish they’d just be upfront with their customers for once.

Posted by: AesirValkyr.7418

AesirValkyr.7418

I don’t think they have ever had release notes until the release is out. The latest one being https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/clockwork-chaos-release-notes/

I would like to know more about the upcoming release too, but I don’t think they have ever done that until the day the update is released.

Also, they don’t have a public test server because they don’t want the public to know whats coming up next. Not sure how I feel about it….