Why are people doing dragon bosses?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Hi, this may be an odd question but, I just want to see what it’s all about.

I just recently started doing dragon events Shatterer,Jormag, and Tequatl, but all 10 times I did it I got nothing valuable from the chest. Only blues, eventually a green, and some useless medallion.

I read there is a small chance that they drop legendary precursors or mystifc forge stones, but I haven’t seen that happen yet, to any1. So why are people still doing these dragons even tough obviously you don’t get anything worthwhile? Is there some sort of secret I’m not familiar with or I’m just unlucky with the drops?

There must be something if people are doing it on daily basis for 3 months now.

Posted by: gold.3025

gold.3025

Because it’s fun

CharrGirl.7896

Because it’s fun

that’s a decent answer, it’s really fun seeing those dragons on max settings moving around smoothly but after few times, hitting 1 leg isn’t exactly fun anymore

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Why did people run UW over and over again in GW1?

For the odd ecto and the chance of rare chest loot(eternal stuff, dhuum greens)

Wo do people run Dragons?

For the odd exotic(=ecto) and the chance of rare chest loot(precursor)

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Because it’s fun

This is the sole reason I do dungeons. They are the most epic content I ever played in any game to date. Especially if I expect guests, and see the timer’s up, I boot up the game, just so they can enter my apartment while a huge battle between dozens of players and
Jormag/Tequatl/Shatterer is on the monitor. Even people who aren’t into video games at all acknowledge the awesomeness of these events.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Chance at a precursor of course!

I get at least 1 rare every 3rd dragon kill or so (not counting rare crests or orbs). I’ve recieved 2 exotics from dragon chests since I started doing dragons.

Including the drops from the spawned mobs at the events I always make much more than my WP fee and it’s fun to run with a big group and take down a big dragon.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Chance at precursor.

I suspect the precursor drop chance is higher from chests (but of course, not high enough to be noticeable) than it is from world mobs and it’s this gamble that people are enticed at.

That being said, I do not do Claw of Jormag because the event is way too long. I have no problem doing Teq or kittensince those fights usually last under 5 minutes.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Akiko.2364

Akiko.2364

people like to kill Dragons! (and other oversized boss’s) ..

I think back in the day I must have killed Nagafen and Vox in original EQ at least 100 times, long after I had any possible item I wanted off them… just because it was fun to do an “event” with other people.

Dragon events in GW2 remind me a lot of the old “pick up” raids in EQ.

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

Yeah, I like hanging around and shooting the poop with people then when it’s time we all go to the fight.

Elyl Jrend

Posted by: Gunstar xXx Hero.7821

Gunstar xXx Hero.7821

One good reason is to get the secret achievement called “crash landing” on the Jormag fight. Just stand where he crash lands when he gets shot down and if he lands on you get the achievement. To me that was better than the junk loot i got the few times i did it.

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

Chance at precursor.

I suspect the precursor drop chance is higher from chests (but of course, not high enough to be noticeable) than it is from world mobs and it’s this gamble that people are enticed at.

That being said, I do not do Claw of Jormag because the event is way too long. I have no problem doing Teq or kittensince those fights usually last under 5 minutes.

Sadly I’m in the same camp for Claw. Before it would take long to battle BUT you wanted the battle to last due to farming of the adds but now with the nerf drop rate on the adds and the “bugged” ice wall, killing it is a chore. I’m sorry if anyone see me at the event then run off and come back when it’s down to less than 10% HP. Sorry that I’m leeching off you guys but that effort is not worth the reward. I get better rewards and drops from the Shaman at the Maw in a level 11 meta than Claw. It’s even better also since it’s every ~30 mins and I’ve gotten 4 exotics from the Chest. I’ve even got an exotic from a small chest in Frostgorge (the event to help clear the Dredge Mine with Passive Moment) AND the chest from the jumping puzzle there also but have not gotten 1 from Claw in over 75 battles.

The other dragons I rush to because if you dont, it’ll be dead by the time you get there, that’s how easy and rewarding it is. Fast and easy kill for a chance at precursor with adds still dropping loot.

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

Dragon events: I call it the pedicure time. Thats when a dragon comes down to get some service and we all run and furiously try to provide it.

Because really, all we do in essence is await in agony until those dragon feet are shiny and fresh again.

Because really, all we do is attack a dragon’s foot for half an hour.

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

Chance at precursor.

Sadly I’m in the same camp for Claw. Before it would take long to battle BUT you wanted the battle to last due to farming of the adds but now with the nerf drop rate on the adds and the “bugged” ice wall, killing it is a chore. I’m sorry if anyone see me at the event then run off and come back when it’s down to less than 10% HP. Sorry that I’m leeching off you guys but that effort is not worth the reward. I get better rewards and drops from the Shaman at the Maw in a level 11 meta than Claw. It’s even better also since it’s every ~30 mins and I’ve gotten 4 exotics from the Chest. I’ve even got an exotic from a small chest in Frostgorge (the event to help clear the Dredge Mine with Passive Moment) AND the chest from the jumping puzzle there also but have not gotten 1 from Claw in over 75 battles.

The other dragons I rush to because if you dont, it’ll be dead by the time you get there, that’s how easy and rewarding it is. Fast and easy kill for a chance at precursor with adds still dropping loot.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Not sure why to some people it’s always about the reward, why can’t you just have fun? Who ruined your childhood so bad that you can’t play for entartainment anymore?

(edited by Moderator)

CharrGirl.7896

Not sure why to some people it’s always about the reward, why can’t you just have fun? Who ruined your childhood so bad that you can’t play for entartainment anymore?

Lol nobody ruined my childhood but let’s be honest everything you do in game has a goal = profit, no matter how fun or not fun it may be. You’re not gonna do something just for sake of fun unless its your first time, after that you begin expecting some reward for your time investment and having fun while doing so. Otherwise, it becomes repetitive and less interesting. That’s why dungeons have 3 modes in the first place, and have guaranteed silver reward in the end/tokens.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

people played dragons before they could drop precursor and exotics…

They are just fun…..even if easy….its a massive PvE event with huge bosses and great soundtrack…..

do like u.u

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I only fight the dragons because they aree spectacular and it is fun to be part of something bigger than me.

I have never gotten a rare from any chest anywhere in the game, so I am happy to make the 3-4 silver I usually end up with after the fight.

That said, I don’t run from dragon to dragon every day. Just when I feel like it or happen to be near when one descends.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I do them because I think they are fun, if I get a precursor to sell so much the better. It can be interesting, this morning it was 2 of us killing Taq in the swamp. 3rd and 4th came after it was down past 50%. Some may think it is boring but it was interesting chopping down a huge hunk of meat and seeing if it can be done.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Not only that, but people here keep whining about getting bad loot when you’re no better off with everyone getting a rare.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Dragons are cool and you get to fight 3, with a bunch of other people.
It is more of a social event really and always fun- sure rewards are not so good but that has never stopped me.
You get to check out cool characters, shoot the breeze and kill a Dragon, what’s not to like?

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

I don’t care about the rewards in any case. Dungeons and just traveling around pay better. But, like so many others say…its usually a big group, its exciting, its social and fun.

If its not fun for you, don’t do them.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

everything you do in game has a goal = profit, no matter how fun or not fun it may be. You’re not gonna do something just for sake of fun unless its your first time, after that you begin expecting some reward for your time investment and having fun while doing so. Otherwise, it becomes repetitive and less interesting.

Umm… no. If that’s the opinion of the majority of players, it’s quite sad, but it explains a lot.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

CharrGirl.7896

everything you do in game has a goal = profit, no matter how fun or not fun it may be. You’re not gonna do something just for sake of fun unless its your first time, after that you begin expecting some reward for your time investment and having fun while doing so. Otherwise, it becomes repetitive and less interesting.

Umm… no. If that’s the opinion of the majority of players, it’s quite sad, but it explains a lot.

Before you derail the thread with another triple post I ask you to read again what i said. I didn’t write a whine post about how horrible the loot is, I just asked why people do dragons, despite bad loot, and got my answer – chance for precursor weapon/fun/coolness/music etc. I wanted to know what motivates people because all I can see in chat after defeating one of those dragons is complaining how horrible the loot is, how much it sucks, etc. So that got me in question why people do it- Fun is rewarding by itself but most people don’t play mmo-s just to skip around and have fun w/o reward even tho that can be amusing. And it’s not sad, it’s just how those types of games are played, and I find nothing wrong about it

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

The Big Three are a lot of fun, sort of a social event of their own. Even the Claw, whose fight can be frustrating between the dragonfear, the ice spikes, and the untargetable wall. I especially enjoy the Shatterer since they buffed him up.

That said (and I’ve posted about this elsewhere), it would be cool to see another dragon boss or two pop up unexpectedly. That’s something I hope Anet is considering in their coming updates.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Turtlemilk.1064

Turtlemilk.1064

Because it’s fun

How is it fun to fight a battle that can’t be lost? Where’s the challenge?

Really, it being literally impossible for any of the dragons to win any of their encounters is honestly baffling. The fights seem epic and such initially, but once you realize they are no more than completely scripted events and always going to have the exact same outcome, they turn out so disappointing. Especially since they repeat every few hours.

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Because it’s fun

This is the sole reason I do dungeons. They are the most epic content I ever played in any game to date. Especially if I expect guests, and see the timer’s up, I boot up the game, just so they can enter my apartment while a huge battle between dozens of players and
Jormag/Tequatl/Shatterer is on the monitor. Even people who aren’t into video games at all acknowledge the awesomeness of these events.

Oh, for a minute there I thought you were saying the GW2 dungeons were the most epic content you have ever played…I was baffled for a minute as to why beating on a boss for 10 minutes that has 2 abilities (one of which is a one shot) and a billion health was epic. The dragon fights are cool the first time you do them, then they are a waste of time unless you are bored…and they are not THAT cool unless you have never played something like Rift – the Ember Isle zone events in that game blow away the dragon fights in this game.

The dragons need to NOT be on a fixed timer, happen no more than twice in a 24 hour period, and actually have a better than 50% chance to earn AT LEAST one rare…with a fair chance at an exotic, in order to be worth the time.

Oh, and PLEASE…we need more exotic gear/weapons/accessories to buy with KARMA.

I thought this game was supposed to be a great open world game and not an instance grinder?

Posted by: Rustypipes.6238

Rustypipes.6238

For me, it’s like playing a slot machine except every pull is a win. It may not be a big win but you get at least a couple of silvers worth of items from each dragon with the chance to hit rare items worth double digit silvers (some cases a gold or more depending) and of course the jackpots (exotics etc) which I have yet to win.

These fights, albeit they are pretty straight forward and can be laggy (CoJ seems to be the worst for me) they are fun and most of my social time in the game comes from talking with people waiting for the spawn or after one has died. Not to mention the spawn animations are the coolest things I have seen in the game yet, especially Tequatl and the Shatterer, they just kitten rock!

So, those are my reasons. It’s enjoyable and that’s why I play the game. I hope they add more.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

This is the question i always ask ppl when im there to run ori and claw is up. The answer is always the same, “because its fun”. People don’t know what fun is? But i think the real reason is because most of those ppl are new to the game and just reached level80. Of course dragons are decent and ‘fun’ the first 5 times you kill it but after—— worst and most brain dead event gw2 has. I did my first Claw after like 1 month of not doing any dragons at all yesterday. Spent 37 minutes, got 5 blue weapons/armor kitten and 1 green talisman, kittening awesome and worth doing for some1 with over 1k hours in gw2!

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Because it’s fun

“They are the most epic content I ever played in any game to date” you don’t play many games, do you? Don’t limit yourself to mmos and their low standards to epic things. Nothing in gw2’s dragons are epic. You can stand still spamming auto attacks and win. They don’t even move lolz go play Dark Souls/Demon’s Souls and tell me those stupid dragons gw2 has are even half decently epic. EPIC doesn’t fit a creature that doesn’t move and have 2-3 attacks lmao.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

Is it really that hard to understand that people play this game for fun? Maybe that’s not it it works for some of you in this tread but for a lot of people no matter how many times you kill tequatl, claw and shatterer its still fun. Just being around a lot of people while killing the big ol’ dragons for me is all it takes. The rewards are nice but i don’t really need to be rewarded to have fun.

Posted by: Selebrity.7469

Selebrity.7469

I like the idea of dragon hunting with other people…Im not a roleplayer per se, but I guess Im kinda roleplaying in my head. I just think its fun to gather up with tons of other people and kill a ba monster. Im also a lootkitten, and although loot has been bad for some mysterious reason for a while, the past 2 days have improved and ive gotten some yellow. Still I dont find it particularly fun to camp jormag now that i have completed that map, so the low funfactor and usually bad lootfactor do not make up for the 1,5 hour wait in a map that isnt the most fun high level map. Teq and shatterer is on my hunt list though

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

I can tell you one thing for sure, i do not even bother with Jormag anymore, thats like asking if i want to watch paint dry.

What Anet did to jormag is just terrible, they took something fun and broke it into BOREDOM.

Sad that this seems to be the norm for there developing mentality now.

Posted by: Graill.8596

Graill.8596

I cant see the logic in running dungeons more than once unless they change in big ways or are adjustable, the same goes for dragon ecounters, as much of a joke as they are currently.

There is no innovation, ZERO imagination and the game mechanics surrounding dungeons and dragon encounters is just laughable. it is simply amazing to get the responses from devs that we do and yet things stay the same as any MMO in the past.

The hype never stood up to the end product. To me many of the mistakes and game mechanics that have failed are representative of devs “learning as they go”. We should have had some incredible blow out game mechanics from the start, we did not. Artwork and dragons look super, but then graphics do not make the game, they compliment it.

As many many others have pointed out the dragon encounter are a joke, made for grinders and farmers and goldsellers wearing magic find, that is the type of people the game is targeted at, those that think grind/farm/time equates to the old label “Hardcore” and thus deserving of reward.

If folks do not stop the devs from presenting garbage in the form of below par game mechanics then the current trend will continue, and you folks will continue to play the way the devs want you to. I certainly do not.

Maybe folks need to step back and realize the consumer comes first, and it is the MMO business that needs to change and comply.

The days of running dungeons over and over or farming or grinding should have been long gone with GW2. I honestly cant understand how all these supposedly talented devs are all huddled out in left field.

Actually i do know, they just refuse to read about it.

There is no worse feeling than that during an argument, you realize you are wrong.

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

Dragons should appear randomly, at different places on the map (maybe have a few “landing spots” designated and just pick one at random) they should be semi-mobile (no sweetspots where you just stand and spam attacks) and most importantly, there should be a mechanism in place to enable them to either win or flee under certain circumstances.

THEN the rewards could be more epic. Otherwise buffing rewards for something that is a guaranteed win after a 5 minute attack spam is just giving freebies to players.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

Because it’s fun

Same for me. To be honest, due to large number of players participating, the atmosphere is more relaxing & jovial, a nice break from long, intense hours spend at WvW & dungeons. Bonus: some of the best GW2 jokes are told while waiting for dragons to spawn XD

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

Posted by: Vasham.2408

Vasham.2408

Because it’s fun

This is an objectively false statement. Nothing is fun about standing still and autoattacking a stationary boss. Period.

Posted by: RestlessForm.3974

RestlessForm.3974

To all the people saying things like “there is nothing fun about repetitive gameplay,” or something similar, I just have this to say. Believe it or not, some people find repeating the same tasks over and over, with little to no gain or change, to nonetheless be fun. “Fun” is one of those abstract things that can be derived from numerous sources.

Personally, I tend to get bored with repeating things too much. But there are a few things, in this game and in other areas of my life, that I always find fun despite it being repetitive and never rewarding beyond this “fun.”

It seems to me that this thread will very quickly be derailed—if it is not already considered as such—if people keep focusing on the opinion of what “fun” is or is not. Instead of arguing whether something is “fun,” why not simply offer constructive criticism? Express how it can be altered or changed for the better. “Better” not meaning “fun,” or not meaning ONLY “fun.” In this case, it should mainly mean different. Because after deciding whether you find it fun or not, the main thing to do is think of ways to make it funner—even if you already find it fun.

In short, why don’t we all just skip the “is it fun” part?

That said, I think it would be better if it offered richer rewards.

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

as someone who has multiple characters with full exotics, i’m not seeing the point of pve period. what am i going to use gold for when i’m done gearing characters? legendaries have the same stats as exotics and i don’t really care about the animation that comes with it.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Vasham.2408

To all the people saying things like “there is nothing fun about repetitive gameplay,” or something similar, I just have this to say. Believe it or not, some people find repeating the same tasks over and over, with little to no gain or change, to nonetheless be fun. “Fun” is one of those abstract things that can be derived from numerous sources.

Some people like Michael Bay movies. They’re still terrible.

See where I’m going with this?

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

I do them if I happen to be in the zone anyway. It’s fun for me, it’s free karma, and while I’ve never gotten so much as a rare from the chests the drops from the mobs generally aren’t worthless. I won’t seek the the dragons out deliberately or anything, but they’re a fun bonus if I run into them.

CharrGirl.7896

Dragons should appear randomly, at different places on the map (maybe have a few “landing spots” designated and just pick one at random) they should be semi-mobile (no sweetspots where you just stand and spam attacks) and most importantly, there should be a mechanism in place to enable them to either win or flee under certain circumstances.

THEN the rewards could be more epic. Otherwise buffing rewards for something that is a guaranteed win after a 5 minute attack spam is just giving freebies to players.

Different locations would be sweet but random spawn time? How would people know about it? You can’t just travel around all day to find out, waypoint cost would be too much. Maybe if they spawned once a day with increased difficulty, different mechanics (they should move around a bit…I know many people don’t play it on max settings but some of us do and we wish to see all that dragon sweetness in motion), and increased loot, would be better

RestlessForm.3974

They are not “terrible” to those people. That is my point. It is all opinion. Opinion itself is unavoidable. But only giving the opinion without constructive criticism is useless and can derail the thread.

(edited by RestlessForm.3974)

Posted by: gold.3025

gold.3025

Because it’s fun

This is an objectively false statement. Nothing is fun about standing still and autoattacking a stationary boss. Period.

I find it fun. I’m clearly not the only one. Opinions that go against the narrative of your little world are not “objectively false”.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Different locations would be sweet but random spawn time? How would people know about it? You can’t just travel around all day to find out, waypoint cost would be too much. Maybe if they spawned once a day with increased difficulty, different mechanics (they should move around a bit…I know many people don’t play it on max settings but some of us do and we wish to see all that dragon sweetness in motion), and increased loot, would be better

I agree with you that random spawn times would be bad but not so sure about the decrease in spawn rate just because of the HUGE traffic at these events now.

Right now Claw of Jormag pops 8x in a 24 hr period with 100-150 people at each event. Trying to cram all those people into a once per day thing would be just too many people. Also need to consider people that play at different times of the day, limiting it to once per day would shut out alot of players.

The events are fun, they are a lighthearted raid, not too difficult, not offering spectacular loot (unless you get lucky with a precursor drop) with a big epic boss and a great opportunity for social interaction.

In other words, FUN!

(edited by Karizee.8076)

Vasham.2408

They are not “terrible” to those people. That is my point. It is all opinion. Opinion itself is unavoidable. But only giving the opinion without constructive criticism is useless and can derail the thread.

I’m sorry but no. “Fun” is just a buzzword used in this case to justify poor content design. If you can’t justify what’s enjoyable then you’ve lost the argument right off the bat.

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Its not really fun anymore ~ most people do them because of the chances for pre-cursors but after running it for months and for the most part, having very little to show for it starts to turn most players off.

Lets face it, the chance to get pre-cursors from the dragons is probably so tiny, players probably have a better chance to win money on the lottery.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

I’m sorry but no. “Fun” is just a buzzword used in this case to justify poor content design. If you can’t justify what’s enjoyable then you’ve lost the argument right off the bat.

Just because they aren’t the most innovative bosses ever (which they’re not) doesn’t make them objectively not enjoyable for anyone. Just because Michael Bay movies are objectively bad (and oh, they are) doesn’t make them not entertaining. Sometimes I’m okay with mindlessly watching explosions or autoattacking a cool-looking boss for an hour. It may not be intellectually stimulating, but that’s exactly what makes it relaxing.

RestlessForm.3974

You seem to be misunderstanding something about my argument. Yes, “fun” is a buzzword. In fact, you used it as such in a previous post. You claimed there was nothing “fun” about standing around. But you failed to provide and justification for why that is. My whole point is that if one only argues that these fights are “fun” or “not fun,” or that whatever these fights involve or offer is “fun” or “not fun,” then one is not really getting anywhere.

It should not be about whether someone finds the bosses fun or not, because some will and some won’t despite however they are structured. The same goes for anything. Watching paint dry is actually “fun” for some people. So, making a post saying “it is not fun to” do this or that gets nowhere fast because it is about the equivalent to saying “my favorite color is red.” Well, good for you. Good for you if this is not fun, and good for you if it is fun. That leads us nowhere.

Posted by: Mayam.8976

Mayam.8976

I’ve been taking some time off from gaming here around the holidays but up until a few weeks ago I tried to fir them in when I remembered to keep track of their timers. This may have changed but, at a minimum I’d usually get 1 Rare (yellow) out of 5 or so kills, sometimes 1 out of 2 or 3. Never actually got one I actually needed but I could pass them off to guildies leveling alts or break them down for ectos. Considering time spent it provided nominal income in the form of ecto sales.

They get old fast though, especially when you have an off day with drops. Beyond that though the fights entail little more than knowing when to step out of range to regen HP and banging away their HP bar. No skill, ability, tactic or strategy is necessary at all. Really you could just turn on auto fire and run back after fears and collect your drops. If the made these fights require some type of actual challende I’d likely take part when ever I could for that reason alone, regardless of what they drop.

As far as Legendaries, Precursors or Forge Mats, I havent seen a one or heard from anyone who has. Personally I think it would be really cool if they’d add a couple more dragons, maybe that spawn only weekly or so that presented great challenge and had a stepped up loot table. Honestly, as easy as they are at this point in time, I don’t think they merit a loot table any more generous or wider in range than they have on the 3 in game currently.

In essence, they are a grind mob like any other, they just require a few more warm bodies than most, imho at least.

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

I do it because I enjoy it.

It is almost like showing up to a flash mob… everyone is hanging out… you can check out cool things people have done with their armors such as mixing skins and how they dyed it… have conversations with people… form groups to do something else once the dragon is down… not to mention starting off the cuff costume brawls to pass a little free time (I happen to like costume brawl quite a bit, it throws in a “different” type of play to break up the combat…)

Ultimately like everything else in this game… you make of it what you will. It’s a social game… mmo’s have lasting effects with a player when he can find ways to interact meaningfully with other players. The community is what makes the content fun and repeatable… those that prefer to solo and not interact with the players around them generally don’t stick around long because the majority of them only want to consume content, and look to the developers to hold their interest… it isn’t a sustainable playstyle.