Why are the Guild Upgrades so expensive!?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Estrella.5207

Estrella.5207

Can someone explain why??

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

Gold sink/Mats sink

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

Because they’re worth it?

Posted by: Baconomics.8674

Baconomics.8674

because they are designed around an entire guild contributing towards them

Posted by: Estrella.5207

Estrella.5207

Out of 500 members there are maybe 10 people that contributes just a little bit. Everybody is greedy. Gw shouldnt ask this much for the upgrades really

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

Out of 500 members there are maybe 10 people that contributes just a little bit. Everybody is greedy. Gw shouldnt ask this much for the upgrades really

Though only 10 people contributed, all 500 will get use out of those upgrades. That there are 490 greedy people in your guild is Anet’s fault?

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

They should have kept the influence system instead of making players part with their earnings.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Guild upgrades are permanent. It’s an investment in the guild for its entire existence, not just a temporary benefit like a skin or booster.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

So isn’t that a fault of whom you have in your guild and not Anet?

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Rayden.3695

Rayden.3695

This, we have 30 or so active players in our guild, everyone contributes(contributed tbh since all done but wvw upgrades and who even cares about those), anyone who chose not to contribute got shown the door ever so gently(like 2 guys since HoT launch so not too bad)

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

It is of course, only human nature for a small portion of a certain population to give more than the rest. I think probably out of most guilds, there’s a select few that give the more than the rest of the guild. Though, only 10 out of 500 is still a smaller proportion that what I would expect. I have 10 out of 70 that contribute the most in my guild. Mostly because I expect they have other guilds (up to 4 other guilds) that they need/wish to contribute to.

Perhaps those 490 other people have other guilds they have to prioritise on. Or perhaps that guild needs to get a firmer whip out. Either way, it’s still not ArenaNet’s fault.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

As someone in a guild with 2-4 active players left, it would be unfair to outrightly say upgrades are too expensive, since they are designed to spread contributions across a wider membership.

I would say there is a discrepancy between upgrades though. We are level 20, with large amounts of the upgrades built by 1-2 of us, but some upgrades of the same tier are vastlt more expensive.

For example Tavern 2 is monstrously more expensive than Arena 2, which was largely straightforward and offers more direct useage.

They are designed to be mat sinks at the end of the day, its just that they dont always give a return for their investment

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Likely designed so large guilds would take months to get them all.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes