Why are there no server sub forums?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nawrasz.6219

nawrasz.6219

It’s been bothering me for a while, this is the first game I played that didn’t have server specific sub forums .-.

Posted by: tasaunders.3746

tasaunders.3746

You know I was thinking about this the other day. Right when Beta was coming to a close there was an announcement that people made their own server sub-forums. Signed up for them and they died out pretty quickly.

I think A-Net should give us these. It’ll do a lot to increase a sense of community IMO.

nawrasz.6219

Indeed. Right now the only purpose a server has is WvW. Everything else is done/found in overflow or gw2lfg.com. And perhaps guild buffs but even then I’m sure if guilds had no buffs people wouldn’t bother with those either. They don’t exactly contribute to the gameplay. We need more things to get the community to..be a community rather than a bunch of people playing a singleplayer MMO (kind of makes no sense a singleplayer MMO but just go with it).

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Seems a perfectly legit idea to me. Could be worth popping a thread up in the suggestions forum and if enough people agree, I can’t see it being a huge problem for them to implement.

Posted by: Hawkmoon.5849

Hawkmoon.5849

… I can’t see it being a huge problem for them to implement.

Famous last words.

Hope is the carrot dangled before the draft horse that plods along in the vain attempt to reach it

nawrasz.6219

I’d make a topic in the suggestion forums but all they do there is argue in topics about stuff which makes the suggestions that are easy and worth a kitten fall back to the nth page.