Why are we not invulnerable...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

…while loading into a map?

Getting killed or partially so while being completely unable to react is rather unfair, don’t you think?

It’s clear the game knows exactly when you’re “in the game” and when you’re not—since our controls are non-functional until we are even though our comatose bodies are already in the world.

So, why are we not invulnerable while loading in?

Posted by: TheMightyNewb.6789

TheMightyNewb.6789

Well you said the game already knows when you load into the game. It however probably doesn’t know what your computer loads you in. The server updated but your computer is probably not fast enough. That’s my guess. You may be able to run the game just fine but if you have slow load times that’s probably because of your computer.

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

It may be the culprit behind this, but the speed of a player’s machine shouldn’t matter for this. ANet writes both the client and server code and thus should be able to synchronize things so that when my client moves from load screen to in-game screen a notice is sent instructing the server to remove the temporary invuln status.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I have never, ever loaded in and got killed before a map starts and have played on computers that take several minutes to load. You usually do not exist on the map until you load in.

This would take some real lag.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Sometimes our character’s bodies are indeed already in the World, but you are not targetable when you are at the loading screen so you cant be attacked or killed whenever your character has not fully loaded into the map.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|