Why aren't lerned recipes accound wide???

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SkipOne.8430

SkipOne.8430

I already lost time and gold just because of this stupid idea to make recipes souldbound… so that u will lern a recipe on a toon which don’t have the freaking profession…It happened first, when I tried to craft a legendary so I lerned the 10 gold recipe on a wrong toon…yeyy…but this is only gold
Now I need 10 more laurels to craft my 2 acended recipes which I lerned on the wrong toon…. yeyy
It is nice on time gathering stuff….and I of cource dont level my profession again to 500 on the toon where I already lerned the recipe…

A friend of mine did a far greater mistake, he brought the comander and used it on the wrong toon….100 gold….puff….

What do u guys think about this?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

For the same reason why crafting it not account wide because it keeps the economically moving.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I think you should have been more careful. Looks like it was only a stupid idea until you ballsed something up.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

SkipOne.8430

why is crafting not accound wide?? I have every profession on different toons I can switch everything between this toons…its the same thing, its just time costlier and annoying, and you have to pay attention to don’t make mistakes. It’s a obstacle

(edited by SkipOne.8430)

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Money sink, it’s a mechanism in every MMO.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Needs a confirmation dialog.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

This topic roughly translates to “I did something terrible, as a result of my own impatience and lack of attention to detail, and want the game to be modified so that it may accommodate my own errors and eliminate the inconvenience of having to invest time and money into a game to reap the rewards.”

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I am sorry, but I am somewhat with Purple Miku on this one. You should have realised and understood that these things are soulbound… especially after making the mistake the first time.

I have made mistakes too… costly ones, but rather than seeing it as “stupid mechanic #@!* anets fault” I see it as… it is somewhat my own fault for not realising, better remember for the next time I am in a similar situation.

I will give it to Healix too though, a confirmation dialog might keep too many of these mistakes to happen.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

opps wrong thread!

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Cause we are not the Borg. Just cause human warrior can craft the finest in platemail armor doesn’t mean my asurin thief would know how to. The best he could probably do is tie to slabs of steel together and hang them over his shoulders.

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Crafting is one of the last character progressions we have.

Plus, certain recipes must be “discovered” and it grants exp, so keep it that way.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

1. Open Wrapper.
2. Eat Pop-Tart.

Because someone in the world ate the foil wrapper.

We do not need more pop-ups. We need people to suffer the consequences of inattention so that they learn not to be inattentive in the future.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

1. Open Wrapper.
2. Eat Pop-Tart.

Because someone in the world ate the foil wrapper.

To be fair, the wrapper tasted better than the Pop-Tart.

This is like combat. You make a mistake, it can carry a price. Also, if craft skills were global across the account, then you’d only be able to gain EXP for training in one once. It may not be much EXP, but I do enjoy getting a little out of making new characters Artificers and getting EXP for combining Luck.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

To make you buy alt accounts.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Mantis.5793

Mantis.5793

or maybe just dont level alts with crafting next time.
maybe play the game

SkipOne.8430

okok I know that it was my fault, Iam not saying that it wasn’t…but here a question: Why can a lvl 0 armorsmith lern a lvl 500 recipe?

I think it should possible when u have reached that lvl and not before.

and here another question…where is the information, that recipes are soulbound and commander too?
There is no information ingame…100 gold for a soulbound commander? I personaly didn’t thought it would be souldbound, I thought it’s an account wide feature for 100 gold

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Aren’t commander books becoming account wide and extra books being refunded?

SkipOne.8430

commander is character only. buy a new book for 100 gold and you will get a second char with commander tag

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

okok I know that it was my fault, Iam not saying that it wasn’t…but here a question: Why can a lvl 0 armorsmith lern a lvl 500 recipe?

I think it should possible when u have reached that lvl and not before.

and here another question…where is the information, that recipes are soulbound and commander too?
There is no information ingame…100 gold for a soulbound commander? I personaly didn’t thought it would be souldbound, I thought it’s an account wide feature for 100 gold

If you wouldnt be able to learn recipes unless you have the required crafting level, recipes sheets would clutter our bags and banks.
Consumables, unless otherwise stated only effect the character that consumes them, so why should it be any different with recipes?

If crafting would be account bound, you take away the possibility to lvl alts via crafting.
The way its implemented now is not without flaws but i dont see altering it benefits the game as a whole.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.