Why aren't there more legendary weapons?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rio.9730

Rio.9730

It’s always bothered me that that there 2 (or 3 counting Eternity) different legendary greatswords but every other weapons just has one legendary to craft. I’d like to think that the Twilight sword is the opposite of the Sunrise so shouldn’t all of the legendaries have counter parts or opposites? The variety of things that can done for another legendary staff are endless. I hope to see more in the future.

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

Don’t worry, more have been promised for 2013, 2014, someday maybe.

Posted by: Haxwell.7398

Haxwell.7398

And furthermore, no legendary armor. Legendaries and epic gear in GW2 was a MASSIVE screw up. Well done ANet.

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

don’t u dare talk about my shinies are a screw up!

R.I.P Kumu <3

Haxwell.7398

Sorry but they are. Simply stating facts.

Posted by: Alteraphim.4629

Alteraphim.4629

Sorry but they are. Simply stating facts.

That sounds more like opinion to me.

Haxwell.7398

Only a small selection of legendaries, each requiring an obscene amount of time to make. Some weapon types don’t even have a legendary, no legendary armor and only a small stat increase. You do the math.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Some weapon types don’t even have a legendary,
only a small stat increase.

Which weapon types are they?

Also, Legendaries are on par with Ascended gear, not slightly increased stats.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Alteraphim.4629

Alteraphim.4629

Only a small selection of legendaries, each requiring an obscene amount of time to make. Some weapon types don’t even have a legendary, no legendary armor and only a small stat increase. You do the math.

I did the math and it still says that that is an opinion. Would you rather they took less time? All weapon types do indeed have a legendary and the stats are equal with ascended to avoid any sort of extensive vertical progression.

Haxwell.7398

No I’d rather they gave us the ability to craft a full legendary, or just a skin unlocker for much reduced crafting requirements.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’m sure in 2018 when they introduce precursor crafting they will start working on new legendary weapons as well.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

- I think they had a good amount of legendaries selection. Only problem, they should have had a bunch of new legendary after the game reach 1 year, like they were suppose to.

- Obscene amount of time? Legendary are a joke to make now. They take time and that all, and not that much time neither. It take usually 3 months for a normal player (not casual) to make a legendary if you put your time at the right place. Karma and Badge of Honor used to be hard to get, but they nerf that to the ground (at least Karma is better now, but a lot of ppl accumulate enough karma for several legendaries back then). No challenge (badge of honor used to be a challenge), only gold and time. And its even worst since you can buy one of the TP. Its been almost 2 year and now we can see legendary everywhere.

- All weapons types have a legendary. Don’t where that come from.

- I’m not a fan of legendary armor. How its gonna work? Like a Legendary weapons? Then there is no where they can do more than 1 set of Legendary armor per armor type since they cost a lot more to create for Anet than a simple weapon. So what, everybody will eventually have the same skin? At least, the weapons depend on what weapons type you gonna use. We are 7 in my guild with Legendary weapons and we only have 1 Legendary weapons that’s been crafted by two different ppl. But with an armor, you gonna see a lot of ppl looking exactly the same in about 1 year after they release that.

- Legendary weapons have a small increase of stats only. Thank god. I want the legendary for the Looks. Stats swapping is only a small QoL feature, but only the skin make me craft a legendary. I don’t want to have higher stats with it.

Legendaries have some issues.
- Precusor crafting and new legendary are about 1 year late with no sign of arrival.
- Legendary have zero legendary journey to make it.
- Legendary are too easy to get. A big farm, but an easy one.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Haxwell.7398

3 months for a single item is just plain dumb. And where are these underwater legendaries if they all exist, where’s the legendary spear and trident?

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

3 months for a single item is just plain dumb. And where are these underwater legendaries if they all exist, where’s the legendary spear and trident?

If you can type it into the forum, why not type it into google?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

Legendary Harpoon Gun, Trident, Spear.

And yes, I have seen people in game with both Kraitkin (Trident) and Kamohoali Kotaki (Spear)

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Don’t worry, more have been promised for 2013, 2014, someday maybe.

Soon™

Attachments:

(edited by Zanshin.5379)