Why can't I return the toys to the orphans?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I did the 3 day mission, jumped all the puzzles, well tbh I was portalled @ pig iron, but anyways I got all the childrens toys and WHAT HAPPENS?

I cannot give ‘m back? I went through all this trouble, and I’m not allowed to give ’m back? I get a winterday tree as thank you, 2 titles and all, But I still have their presents???

Please allow me to give them. If I wanted 6 exotic rare celestial trinkets I would have made them long ago (you cannot) I’d keep ’m, but I feel they should get their stuff back. * And I still feel this way*

(I do not even want anything in return)

(but if Santa and/or Tixx is reading: I’ll put ’m under the tree, maybe you can provide me a Wintersday Skin (account bound?)?)

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I think I’m more concerned that a bunch of level 80 kids (because they have the trinkets already) convince you to kill a grawl via food poisoning when they could have easily done all the work themselves.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Logic! Not even once.

At least I got 3 ectos :P

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: Tien.3865

Tien.3865

They were rare trinkets, not exotic. But yeah, I just salvaged them for ectos because I’m selfish… hehe.

Borlis Pass solo roamer

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

First we kill a grawl with food poisoning because he stole some ornaments and then we can’t even return the ornaments to the orphans in the end! The food poisoning was bad enough, but the inability to return the ornaments made me feel much worse especially due to the conversation description on the gold ornament.

“We were gonna sell the gold ball for food after Wintersday….”

Did we just murder a grawl and steal food from starving orphans for Wintersday? I’m sure this wasn’t the intended result, but I felt like a completely horrible person after completing this side event. I’m still holding on to the ornaments in hope that maybe we’ll be able to return them, which I know will likely never happen. I always wanted a guilty conscience for the winter holidays. Thanks writers.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Posted by: Liz.1497

Liz.1497

yeaah, I was just joking about that with a friend. Not only do we kill the grawl, we also CRUSH the ornaments upon retrieving them. Like with hammers. We sure are a bunch of jerks.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I have to admit I didn’t think about this until someone else pointed it out in another topic, but you’re right it does feel wrong to do all that and then keep the ornaments.

If this was the type of game that lets you play an evil character this would make a perfect evil choice. Agree to help the orphans, kill the grawl, find the ornaments and then keep everything for yourself and leave the orphan children with nothing.

But we’re supposed to be the nice guys here…

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Vas.7306

Vas.7306

Perhaps think of it like this, the boxes you opened to get the ornaments had plenty, you just kept one yourself for the collection, and the whole giving the ornaments back could have been taken care of off screen. Much like how heart events are handled out in the world.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Perhaps think of it like this, the boxes you opened to get the ornaments had plenty, you just kept one yourself for the collection, and the whole giving the ornaments back could have been taken care of off screen. Much like how heart events are handled out in the world.

Maybe.

But even so, my human noble, standing there in her ascended armor with her precursor, salvaging something orphan children were going to sell for food still seems mean, even if it was one of many.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Story wise we put a tree up in the house for the kids. I just wish that if anet was going to make special looking Christmas themed accessories that they would make them something we would want to hold on too. After two plus years of this game all 10 of my level 80s are wearing full ascended accessories and the ones play most full ascended armor.

Heh, yeah 80 rares, those won’t last long when the bank space gets short.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

(edited by Talyn.3295)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Reading this thread I realized that after I got the event finished, me and a couple of friends went in, took the presents from under the Christmas tree then I stood in front of the orphan and salvaged the ornaments. Lol.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

salvage the ornaments, sell the ecto, make the donation in divinity reach. They will distribute it to the orphans.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Anet evidently lacks someone there who knows how to connect with the players on an emotional level. They keep dangling ‘ornaments’ in front of us when with just a little more thought and effort they could be offering us interactive stories that offer rewards beyond mere trinkets and baubles.

This one shouldn’t have been about unlocking yet another collection and then going on a scavenger hunt for the pieces. This should have been about the orphans. About helping them. About solving their problem. And the subsequent feeling that our characters had done something good for someone less fortunate, not because of some shiny reward, but because it was the right thing to do, it was a good thing to do, and because it’s Wintersday, gods kitten.

Instead, we got what we got. No one fails to follow through on a promising set up quite like anet.

Just like the beached whales in LA. Yet another missed opportunity.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Is this like that “Thank you letter” from a refugee child we got back in Frost and Flame?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Wolfeng.3784

Wolfeng.3784

I guess Anet just doesn’t care about the game anymore.

We get a letter from orphans asking for help.
Our help is to kill someone, and then steal presents.
Followed by destroying said presents in front of them.

I laughed way too much for that, its so stupid that I don’t know what to expect from this game anymore.

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

In before Anet adds a mystic forge recipe where you need these items.