Why can't I salvage Order armor?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cacti Eleven.9135

Cacti Eleven.9135

Just as the title states, I’m wondering why we aren’t allowed to salvage Order armors. I could understand why we couldn’t if they were purchased with karma, but we have to buy these skins with gold. Thankfully, I’ve only purchased one helm, so I won’t be making this mistake again.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

order/karma and badgs of honour cant be salvaged, wish anet gave a warning on each

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Just as the title states, I’m wondering why we aren’t allowed to salvage Order armors. I could understand why we couldn’t if they were purchased with karma, but we have to buy these skins with gold. Thankfully, I’ve only purchased one helm, so I won’t be making this mistake again.

Once you equip the Karma item, if becomes unlocked. Then if you have 4 items you can put them in the Forge.

Cacti Eleven.9135

I just find this kind of silly. If I can salvage cultural armor (also bought with gold), why can’t I salvage Order armor? I can kind of understand the stuff bought with badges and karma, as they are different forms of currency, but if I’m paying strictly gold for something, what gives?

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

I wish I could at least forge it, destroying it seems like such a waste.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

because then you could buy all the pieces for only like 8g and then salvage them all for linen…like at least 70silvers worth…oh, wait…nvm, carry on

Posted by: Sakri.7234

Sakri.7234

I bought all the order armour and weapon skins to unlock them in wardrobe, and then proceeded to destroy them. I couldn’t even vendor them back for a few silvers, let alone salvage or forge them.

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

I wish we could salvage this kind of armor for the sigils/runes, no need of materials.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Wait, so Order armor can’t be forged? What about Order weapons?

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I bought all the order armour and weapon skins to unlock them in wardrobe, and then proceeded to destroy them. I couldn’t even vendor them back for a few silvers, let alone salvage or forge them.

You can put them in the forge…..they no not what they are talking about.

Posted by: captainteemo.6537

captainteemo.6537

you can’t. I bought a few thinking I could after unlocking the skin. I can’t salvage or put them in the mystic forge.

Attachments:

(edited by captainteemo.6537)

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

You can put them in the forge…..they no not what they are talking about.

Nope, you can’t do anything with them. Which is a real shame.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Don’t quote me on this, but I think this was done as a response to a rather infamous bug, where a karma merchant was selling gear for pennies on the dollar relatively. People exploited this, got banned, and it was a big mess.

Now, we can’t do anything.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

you can’t. I bought a few thinking I could after unlocking the skin. I can’t salvage or put them in the mystic forge.

Well, that’s a downer. Might hold off on unlocking Order gear for a bit then (no rush. They’re always gonna be there), just in case they do get changed again down the line.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I was irritated when I bought all vigil armors today on my ele. I wanted to salvage them, but could not. RIP 18g. Oh well, not like it phased me much other than the principle of the matter.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I wish we could salvage this kind of armor for the sigils/runes, no need of materials.

Which is exactly why they are unsalvageable. They didn’t want those types of armor being used as sources of upgrades that could be sold (or simply used on other pieces). Why do you think that ability is now gone with the wardrobe being purely skins now? Why do you think there’s an upgrade extractor in the store?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Don’t quote me on this, but I think this was done as a response to a rather infamous bug, where a karma merchant was selling gear for pennies on the dollar relatively. People exploited this, got banned, and it was a big mess.

Now, we can’t do anything.

Well there was “bug” with the orders weapons. They were pretty cheap and could be salvaged giving you ectos. You pretty much made profit on every single salvage. But they fixed that by making them kinda expensive.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I don’t really see the problem here. That armor was normally just bought because you wanted the skin, and when transferring the skin you destroyed the item.

Also they have empty upgrade slots, and even if not, since they are yellow they would only have major runes, so no need to transfer them.

And also don’t forget we don’t need to use the tricks now to transfer the skins to chars that are members of a different order.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: iFruit.6190

iFruit.6190

Bullkitten strikes again!

8g for skins + charges that you need to apply them + the time you spend to through them out of the inventory! Bullkitten! Or Horsekitten! Just insert the most abhorrent type of -kitten and you’ll be fairly on-point!

Just make order (and cultural, for that matter – who the kitten wants rare 80 armor anyway) applicable skins like what you get for badges in home BL! They don’t even look good to spend anything on them anyway. Or put the price up but make them Exotic at least (like Karma temple armor), give a bit of worth to them anyway!

Uncool Anet, gotta fight the Bullkitten!

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

What they need is to take the stats off these armours, and make them skins.

So when you buy them you get 1 free apply of the skin, people aren’t going to be asking about why cant the salvage. because it’s not armour, it’s a skin.

It’s what most people want them for anyway. and at least there wouldnt be transmute charge on top of the gold, for the first application of the skin.

This would be problem solved.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Bullkitten strikes again!

8g for skins + charges that you need to apply them + the time you spend to through them out of the inventory! Bullkitten! Or Horsekitten! Just insert the most abhorrent type of -kitten and you’ll be fairly on-point!

Just make order (and cultural, for that matter – who the kitten wants rare 80 armor anyway) applicable skins like what you get for badges in home BL! They don’t even look good to spend anything on them anyway. Or put the price up but make them Exotic at least (like Karma temple armor), give a bit of worth to them anyway!

Uncool Anet, gotta fight the Bullkitten!

That however has nothing to do with salvaging them, and of course we could say that also about cultural armor that is even more expensive.

And don’t forget in the past people often even used 2 trasmutations per item to get the skin of another faction.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Cacti Eleven.9135

What they need is to take the stats off these armours, and make them skins.

So when you buy them you get 1 free apply of the skin, people aren’t going to be asking about why cant the salvage. because it’s not armour, it’s a skin.

It’s what most people want them for anyway. and at least there wouldnt be transmute charge on top of the gold, for the first application of the skin.

This would be problem solved.

I agree with this. Don’t even give this armor stats, because pretty much no one is using them for the stats anyways.