Why can't Non-HoT users Decorate their Halls?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Odin the exiled.5764

Odin the exiled.5764

Dear Anet, Why are Non-Hot users not allowed to decorate their guild halls? My guild leader does not have HoT, nor is she going to buy it any time soon. You allow her to remove decorations but you will not allow her to place them? You even tease non-hot users with the decoration skill bar including seeing the decorations when they use skill 6 to bring up the list. But you stop them from placing why?

You do realize that’s removing the fun for some ppl. Since some ppl only enjoy the decorations or dressing up their toon. And if there is no fun, nothing to enjoy in the game, then why play?

All i ask is that you change this. Allow the non-hot users to decorate, you are already halfway there afterall. Besides it makes no sense for them not to be allowed to, since they can enter the guild hall and see the decorations when the HoT users place them, plus they can remove them if they are authorized to do so.

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Guild hall is part of the expansion. The expansion is not free.

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

It’s a massive misstep on Anet’s part that I hope will be rectified. Guilds are why people log in. We make friends, we conquer obstacles and have fun.

Locking GMs out of their own guilds because they’ve shown fiscal responsibility and sound judgment isn’t a good thing.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Odin the exiled.5764

lol Hoax, going by your answer then, they shouldn’t even be allowed to enter it then since guild halls are part of the expansion and the expansion isnt free lol. Did you even read the post? Cuz your kind of missing the point lol. When core users can use the guild halls, they get the skill set to place decorations but they cannot actually place them only remove them. That’s just not fair to them. Why tease them like that. They can use anything else in the guild hall, so why not let them fully decorate too?

(edited by Odin the exiled.5764)

Odin the exiled.5764

Thank you aiden. You got it right. The game is enough grind as it is and everyone has their own type of goals. The guild hall is the only goal everyone can enjoy together within their guild. So why take some of that joy away for some players. Not to mention letting them fully enjoy the guild hall, wouldn’t that help peak their interest and buying HoT? Specially for those few that love to decorate and make things look amazing. Since to get more decorations, they’d need to buy it to help gather more of them.

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

lol Hoax, going by your answer then, they shouldn’t even be allowed to enter it then since guild halls are part of the expansion and the expansion isnt free lol. Did you even read the post? Cuz your kind of missing the point lol. When core users can use the guild halls, they get the skill set to place decorations but they cannot actually place them only remove them. That’s just not fair to them. Why tease them like that. They can use anything else in the guild hall, so why not let them fully decorate too?

Why am I missing the point?
Arenanet allowed your guild leader to enter the guildhall so he can have a taste of HoT (he got teased xd) They want him to buy HoT, that is the whole purpose behind it incase you didnt knew yet.
Do you realy think that Arenanet made a expansion so broke people like your guild leader can use it for free? Please wake up. The one that is missing the point here is you, not me xD

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

(edited by Hoaxintelligence.4628)

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Locking GMs out of their own guilds because they’ve shown fiscal responsibility and sound judgment isn’t a good thing.

That, or making a costly but fun addition to guilds that people want warrants a certain price-tag.

Doesn’t mean you need to like everything in HoT, but if you like guild halls, and whatever comes with it, I wouldn’t call it a sound judgement that you didn’t buy it, and then realise that you do want certain things within the expansion, which basically does warrant buying the expansion.

There’s lot’s of opinions around that propose they “need” a certain thing in the game, and because they decided they need it the game developer needs to give it to them for free. It’s pretty ridiculous. If you want a certain feature in the game, you need to support the developer and pay for that feature.

A proposal could be that the gemstore contains a Guild Initiative Pass that unlocks those functionalities for your account, without making you buy HoT I suppose. But that almost sets open the avenue that you would be able to do that with any parts of the expansion that you want without needing to pay for those that you don’t want. (Seems like a huge waste of effort to me, but it’s an idea)

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Dear Anet, Why are Non-Hot users not allowed to decorate their guild halls? My guild leader does not have HoT, nor is she going to buy it any time soon. You allow her to remove decorations but you will not allow her to place them? You even tease non-hot users with the decoration skill bar including seeing the decorations when they use skill 6 to bring up the list. But you stop them from placing why?

You do realize that’s removing the fun for some ppl. Since some ppl only enjoy the decorations or dressing up their toon. And if there is no fun, nothing to enjoy in the game, then why play?

All i ask is that you change this. Allow the non-hot users to decorate, you are already halfway there afterall. Besides it makes no sense for them not to be allowed to, since they can enter the guild hall and see the decorations when the HoT users place them, plus they can remove them if they are authorized to do so.

Can your guild pitch in to buy her hot?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

Seems like you / anet should change the permissions based on whether someone owns hot or not, if they don’t then they should not be allowed to remove decorations.

Seems set up weird if this is how it works.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I didn’t know u could even get a guild hall if the leader of it didn’t own HoT? Hmf, u learn something every day lol.

On another note, what i find even worse than not letting members without HoT to decorate, is that they can’t use guild buffs at the tavern that every guild member is able to contribute to unlocking and upgrading.

I own 2 accts. My main has the HoT but my 2nd acct has only bought the core game when it was still available for purchase and even though i bought the original game for that acct, i’m still not allowed to use my own guild buffs or decorations or spar in the arena on that acct, but i’m allowed to donate materials for upgrades to my heart’s content. Now that is lame to me and i have no doubt it’s turned off more members from HoT than make them buy it. It’s certainly upset me enough where i’ve stomped my foot on the ground with determination not to buy a 2nd copy of HoT, even though i had planned on doing so. It’s the principle of it, that they’re dictating what my members can and can’t use in my guild hall that i’ve poured 1000’s of gold into in a way of mats and liquid gold to upgrade and unlock for all members, not just haves and have nots.

Posted by: NotOverlyCheesy.9427

NotOverlyCheesy.9427

Letting people in guild hall without buying expansion is already generous of Anet. They really had no obligation to do so as guild halls were marketed as a feature of HoT. Buy the expansion to get access to the expansion’s content like the rest of us did.

FrizzFreston.5290

… It’s the principle of it, that they’re dictating what my members can and can’t use in my guild hall …

As such is the principle of game design, really.

Though I agree with the refurbished guild buffs being unusable. That was a feature long before HoT and then when they took the old ones away and planted a different version of it they really should have let people be able to use those buffs.

IMO that’s like taking fractals away, and putting in fully redone fractals and then happily announce you now need to pay to access the new version of fractals.

Posted by: Torzini.1523

Torzini.1523

I don’t really understand why people are complaining about this? Guild halls are a part of the expansion, HoT— thus if you want all the features that accompany them, you have to purchase HoT. It seems pretty simple to me.

Nobody “needs” guild halls, and nobody is going to die without access to their features. Complaining how lame it is that a company doesn’t just give them stuff for free (when it’s advertised as part of a paid product) seems very childish to me.

It works no differently than how it does in real life— unless said otherwise, if you want a product, you pay for it. No, your fun will not be ruined without this QoL/cosmetic feature… and if it is, then I would seriously consider rethinking your mentality.

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

I don’t really understand why people are complaining about this? Guild halls are a part of the expansion, HoT — thus if you want all the features that accompany them, you have to purchase HoT. It seems pretty simple to me.

Nobody “needs” guild halls, and nobody is going to die without access to their features. Complaining how lame it is that a company doesn’t just give them stuff for free (when it’s advertised as part of a paid product) seems very childish to me.

It works no differently than how it does in real life— unless said otherwise, if you want a product, you pay for it. No, your fun will not be ruined without this QoL/cosmetic feature… and if it is, then I would seriously consider rethinking your mentality.

Guild halls were part of Guild Wars not GW2 but GW1, and were dangled like a future carrot to be included in GW2 long before the xpac. Excluding a supporter of Anet who may have purchased 10 years worth of games and been a long time GM from updating a guild hall because they didn’t purchase an expansion seems shallow.

Especially now that EVERYTHING worth a kitten we paid for with the original GW2 (a BTP game) has been gifted, gratis, to anyone with a PC is catastrophically bad form.

We’re not talking about free players here, these people bought Guild Wars 2, they’ve spent money, they own the game.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

(edited by Aidenwolf.5964)

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I don’t really understand why people are complaining about this? Guild halls are a part of the expansion, HoT— thus if you want all the features that accompany them, you have to purchase HoT. It seems pretty simple to me.

Well perhaps i can clarify.

1stly, buffs were not part of the expansion. They were there from launch of the game and available to every member well b4 HoT came out in a form of banners. We…I worked my butt off to earn influence to unlock those banners. Come HoT, they took them away, repackaged them into expansion and forced us…me to donate/spend 1000’s upon 1000’s of every material under the sun and 1000’s of gold to unlock them again! And to top it off, they denied them to members who didn’t own HoT.

2ndly, they further locked them behind scribing, which is only available to HoT owners, which is fair enough, but now we have to lvl up scribing to even be able to make them. Is the picture clearer now?

One does not need guild halls you say, but consider this, they’ve locked all those benefits we used have and have already paid for/worked for behind a pay wall that is guild hall and HoT. If you don’t own a guild hall and u don’t grind for mats/gold till ur eyes bleed to unlock all them features again, you got nothing to offer ur members, nothing! There’s no benefit whatsoever for them to be in ur guild.

And don’t even get me started on how they shafted small guilds with advent of HoT, after promising not to leave them behind. Well we all know how that went, or perhaps there isn’t many left to know. Small guilds were the backbone of this community and many of them have long departed and i think the game is paying the price for it now in a major way.

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

I am surprised your guild leader can get into the guildhall. It’s for the expansion, get the expansion

Odin the exiled.5764

lol Exactly Aiden. In gw2 guild halls were talked about since launch but always put on the backburner. It’s just to me, that they allow the non-hot users the ability to use the decorate skill bar, but not actually place them. Here use skill 3-5 to earse small to large area’s, use skill 6 to bring up the list of what decorations you can “use” but oh guess what you can’t actually use it and place them. Just seems very wrong to me

Odin the exiled.5764

Right on Tiger. I didnt even think about that part, with the old banners being locked away behind HoT and needing a scribe to get them unlocked again. Just doesn’t seem fair since they bought the core game to have it changed in this way. They get to donate for the buffs but not actually use them.

This is why to me, the Guild halls in it’s entirety should have been a Core game upgrade, that came out when HoT did. It would have solved everything, not exclude players.

The whole thing that many ppl i see reply with the “it’s HoT feature buy HoT to get” seem to be missing, is that there is no mention of these things being “locked” behind buy HoT like you see with other things like masteries. When a non-HoT user clicks on masteries it shows them from the start that you need to upgrade to HoT for that feature, much like the elite specs. But they do not do that with guild hall features. A non-HoT user can hover over every single decoration that is not in the storage and it does not tell them It’s HoT only. When you use the decorate skill bar, it does not tell you it’s HoT only. So if this feature is HoT only, then why not say so from the get go. Why let them in the guild hall in the first place if they cannot even enjoy it?

Odin the exiled.5764

Swagger, I might do that for her, even though she’ll be mad since she can afford it, just doesnt know if she wants to. She’ll be having her first child in a few more months. So she doesnt want to buy it, then not play it. She’s not one to waste her money and she definetly doesn’t want us to either. Besides we all should know by now, that eventually they’ll probly allow HoT to be bought with gems, specially when you consider that you can get a free core game now, and unlock it by buying HoT.

FrizzFreston.5290

He does get forgotten as his services were disabled, but he does exist.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bartholemew_Kangas

So banners and some other things are still very available without needing to scribe them. Afaik, you don’t need HoT for him either.

Plus the guild hall not being locked behind the update is probably because the hall still functions as a gathering place. You may not be able to enjoy all the upgrades, as those are HoT specific, but it’s a place for the whole guild to gather in. And within the hall it is very clear that you cannot use certain services.

That decorations don’t show this, is quite possibly an oversight, They could indeed put some messaging up for that.

Considering the the magnitude of guild hall functionalities, it isn’t surprising they are behind the expansion. Which is why I suggested some sort of guild-hall unlock gemstore item. However that could get complicated if you want to buy HoT at a later stage. (Unless they auto-refund those gems, I guess?) I don’t think that’s a bad idea, but it might be complicated system-wise.

Odin the exiled.5764

That, or making a costly but fun addition to guilds that people want warrants a certain price-tag.

There’s lot’s of opinions around that propose they “need” a certain thing in the game, and because they decided they need it the game developer needs to give it to them for free. It’s pretty ridiculous. If you want a certain feature in the game, you need to support the developer and pay for that feature.

A proposal could be that the gemstore contains a Guild Initiative Pass that unlocks those functionalities for your account, without making you buy HoT I suppose. But that almost sets open the avenue that you would be able to do that with any parts of the expansion that you want without needing to pay for those that you don’t want. (Seems like a huge waste of effort to me, but it’s an idea)

We have supported them in the past. Like many gw1 players we have bought all the outfits back then, which helped give them funds to launch gw2. And what did that get us, a rushed and unfinished GW2, which in my opinion the core game still feels unfinished. More finished then 4 years ago of course lol. I have bought the expansion based on how GW1 campaigns and it’s official expansion were jammed pack with content. Got HoT and meh i regret it, was a let down. It has put a damper on if i’ll ever buy another expansion.

I do like your proposal and i can see them doing something similar, or eventually just letting the expansion itself be bought for gems. Or allowing the basic expansion upgraded to a digital deluxe upgrade, like the orginal game is.

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

omg does this forum do anything but whine

Posted by: Torzini.1523

Torzini.1523

omg does this forum do anything but whine

With very rare exceptions, not that I’ve seen.