in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dindin.2378

Dindin.2378

What is the reasoning behind it?

Why can't we use costumes in combat?

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

It’s obvious that it’s because…ummm…it’s just that…ummmm….I have no idea.

Well, ok, I get why they might want armor to provide a solid clue as to profession at a quick glance in sPvP and WvW, but I really don’t see a reason why “Town Clothes” couldn’t be displayed in PvE, with stats still derived from your normal armor set.

I also think it would boost sales of said clothing quite a bit.

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

I also think it would boost sales of said clothing quite a bit.

We keep asking for it and we keep not getting it. I’m betting they’d make handfuls of gems if they let people use town cloth skins (or ever how they wanted to do it) on their armor.

It’s one of the few things I’m willing to pay real pocket money for.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: Dindin.2378

Dindin.2378

Indeed if they restrict it to pve ic no problems… and yes it would increase gem sales because I love the costumes but I would be a lunatic if I bought one that can only be used in towns lol.

Posted by: Siebenstein.1376

Siebenstein.1376

Arenanet wants to sell transmutation stones. If you just could swap to town clohtes, you would’nt need them. I think that’s why you can’t wear town clothes in combat.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Arenanet wants to sell transmutation stones. If you just could swap to town clohtes, you would’nt need them. I think that’s why you can’t wear town clothes in combat.

That doesn’t work, because if they made Town Clothes into skins, then you’d still need the stones to switch them off when you got a better suit of armor. That’s what you have to do with the armors skins they sell right now, it would really be no different.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.