Why did Runes of the Traveler crash?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/24691

As you can see, there was a precipitous drop in the cost of these Runes yesterday. I’m not complaining, mind you, just curious: why did these suddenly become so much less expensive? I didn’t see anything in the patch notes about them. Did I miss something?

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

They’ve been on a downward trend for a while. It is possible that there was a buy order cliff that we just hit.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

It is possible the rune bubble from certain guild hall upgrades finally burst, and a lot of the new rune options are making them less desirable.

Or maybe someone just crafted a bunch to level crafting, deliberately undercut by a large margin, and made a forum post in an effort to get someone to compensate him for the materials cost because they mistakenly think they can turn them around for profit in a reasonable amount of time.

Or it could be wizards.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Deneb.2697

Deneb.2697

Almost all players got today reward for completion of maps lvl. 80 that rewarded them wih 2 exotic, some wih travelers runes. They tried to sell them undercutting by a lot, then undercutted again and again.. and the price crashed. It should retjrn normale in a few days.

I got only some 50 silver exotic, tossed them in forge

Posted by: Artanis.4963

Artanis.4963

Just a guess, but they fixed the map complete bug, so many people just received chests with two exotics in them for Southsun, Dry Top, Silverwastes, and the four Magus Falls maps for 10 new exotics on login. In support of this, there was an increase in the supply of the rune.

If this is true, I’d expect the other dropped runes and sigils to see a similar increases in supply and corresponding drop in price.

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

The “end game” changed. The old end game used to be either level alts and do maps or zone events on T6 zones, or do WvW. Either one required more movement, rather than optimized damage. ANet killed WvW, so not as many players are focused on getting around the zone and playing WvW.

Instead, everyone is focused on the new zones and raiding, which absolutely requires optimized DPS or survival, as those zones are tremendously hard to get around in, unless your in a group of 5 or more people.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Thank you so much for pointing this out. I don’t expect to raid on my Reaper and I’ve been using up a utility slot on Signet of the Locust because the Traveler runes were so pricey. Now she can have a useful utility and still get around the maps!

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

My only character that wore them was my mesmer. Once chrono came out I didn’t need them anymore. Maybe others felt the same way.

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

Speaking from a personal perspective, I use to gear out my alts/toons with travellers for WvW. But since the HoT WvW changes, I no longer step foot in that atrocious map, so my alts now use different dps runes for other areas…

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Almost all players got today reward for completion of maps lvl. 80 that rewarded them wih 2 exotic, some wih travelers runes. They tried to sell them undercutting by a lot, then undercutted again and again.. and the price crashed. It should retjrn normale in a few days.

I got only some 50 silver exotic, tossed them in forge

Ah, thanks. This seems like the likely culprit.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Also, there was some additional mobility that came from the elite specs. Mesmers are probably the best example, but Druids saw this as well.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Also, there was some additional mobility that came from the elite specs. Mesmers are probably the best example, but Druids saw this as well.

Also, speed mushrooms.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

My only character that wore them was my mesmer. Once chrono came out I didn’t need them anymore. Maybe others felt the same way.

Yup, same here. Salvaged the armour and sold ’em off.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

^ This is prob a big factor.

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

I have the same question for Tattered Bat Wings…

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Alas, I filled up my ele with these a couple months ago. I got a Traveler armor piece from the Dry Top / Southsun map completion bonus, and couldn’t believe how much the price had dropped.

I’m a little tempted to pick these up for other characters now. The stats aren’t the best fit for everyone, but I usually don’t play my alts for truly difficult content, and that 25% speed boost is great. Cheaper than Superior Rune of Speed, too.

(I just don’t get Superior Rune of Speed. If I have a constant 25% speed boost, do I really care about increased Swiftness duration?)

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

The drop in price yesterday almost certainly came from the flood of exotic armor from map completion chests in ssc, dt and sw.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Its always the same with these fesxtival rewards, people think price will go up, once they dont drop anymore and they will make huge profits once the festival is over.
But they dont realize that most people that wanted to craft nightfury, already bought 4 during the festival, so there isnt that much demand after the festival.
Casual investors get spooked and cut their losses.
And some other people maybe realized that there are way more tattered wings in game than endless batwing tonics, even at a 4:1 ratio.

We will see how much demand the lvl 300 scribe recipe creates that uses tattered wings.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Dirdyy.1648

Dirdyy.1648

Wanze, i I agree with u most of the time, but not with nightfury.
During the festival nightfury cost were much to high (over 3000G), so many people who wanted this unique skin didn t buy anything.
Now the price for crafting is going down (~1000 G) where it come back in focus of many players.
I think when the crafting cost further going down, the demand for “Tattered Bat Wing” and “Unopened Endless Bottle of Batwing Brew” could be raising.
But as always only time will tell …

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

You need 4 of them + the Tonic. Most people don’t have the Tonic or never got. There simply aren’t enough Tonics to combine with all the Bat Wings. This is why I ended up selling mine early for a nice chunk of gold at like 23g each or something around there. The Bat Wings won’t raise till they’re either given more use, or Tonics somehow return to the game and maybe drop more often.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

More supply and Mes and I think Guard no longer need them..

Hoever I paid a bundle for my travelers runes on my mes and even though I’d like to try a different set since there no longer needed I’m not going to simply destroy em.