Why did you pre-purchase Path of Fire?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Valiant.5078

Valiant.5078

Supporting the development of the game. (I’m the type to freely spend gems too!)

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

Because the game is good?? Lol simple.

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

I trust Arena Net more than any other game for content that lasts and content you can do anytime you are ready.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I purchased because I knew I would eventually buy it and I haven’t been let down by anything so far other than changes made after release (e.g. Chak Gerent).

Posted by: paintpixie.7398

paintpixie.7398

I’m not sure if anybody has had a similar experience to me (I haven’t read all the comments here), so I’ll give my answer too.

I didn’t buy Heart of Thorns.
I was really disappointed in what they did with Rangers, and after it came out, I didn’t think it was worth the price tag. So I just continued to play the core game, off and on.
(Though I switched to Mesmer as my main because I was still disappointed even though it didn’t affect me without the expansion…)
When Path of Fire was announced, both my husband and I bought it (and a cheaper HoT package with it) that same day. It was cheaper than HoT had been. That was one of the deciding factors. But also, I was really excited to see Elona.

I hadn’t seen the new Ranger elite skill. I didn’t watch the previews of it until last week or so, but I was really excited about it after I saw it. I like it MUCH more than Druid. If I hadn’t bought it at that point, that would have sold me, hands down.

I played the preview weekends. I think it will be a fun place to explore. And I’m glad the storyline isn’t just another dragon to take down. I’m very excited about the expansion. More than I ever was for Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Celldrax.2849

Celldrax.2849

New content for a game I enjoy.

I know, shocking.

You’re also getting those 4000 gems at a pretty good discount, so I figured why not.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Because I love GW2 and will preorder any expansion they release to support the developers of the game I love.

The gems and extra exclusive content also helps. I know I will buy the expansion sooner or later, so why not sooner and get a load of gems and exclusive content along with it?

But honestly mainly because I want to continue with the story, explore the new parts of the world, dash around on mounts and see what other innovations PoF allows Anet to bring to the table.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: ElectricGoat.8253

ElectricGoat.8253

I was going to buy it anyway. Might a well get it now.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Pre-purchased a copy for myself and another for my sibling because we enjoy this game and wish to continue supporting it.

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

My main reason for purchasing PoF immediately is so I can continue my character’s storyline and see what happens next in my story. I want to explore new maps, and kick the kitten out of Balthazar and beat another Elder Dragon and I’m hoping this expansion’s story will have a good ending with a satisfying conclusion before we start LS4 story.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I did a breakdown of the items compared to their current Gem Store value and determined that the Ultimate edition had a $93.75 value, just for the Gem Store items. I don’t typically buy Gems, but I figured that if I would also be getting the game for free at that point I was willing.

Also, I enjoy this game. No matter how many times I leave the game to do other things I always come back, and I always continue to enjoy it. I was going to get the expansion, so I might as well have gotten it them.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

I love GW2 and have since 2012 beta weekends. I take breaks every now and again but I have thousands of hours of entertainment in the game and it’s always there when I come back from being slightly burned out. Also, my gear is never out of date so I don’t feel like I miss much when I take breaks. It keeps me coming back

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

It is not like preordering an upcoming and therefor unknown game if you have played it for five years already and intend to keep playing. New content and goodies are coming. Don’t really see why I need a special reason to buy an expansion to a game I enjoy.