Why do Black Lion Ticket Scraps exist?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Morrowcrow.5321

Morrowcrow.5321

A simple question. I get that they are supposed to make more money for Anet and increase the value and rarity of weapon skins on the trading post, but they make spending money for keys to get skins not fun. And isn’t that the whole point of an ingame shop? So players can spend money, have fun while doing it and hae this feeling they got something for their money. I just bought 50 keys for Balthazar weapon skins and with the scraps in my bank i had enough for just 2 weapons. Needless to say, this left me with a pretty disappointed feeling and I felt like I had just wasted my money.
So here’s my simple suggestion: remove ticket scraps, increase the drop chance for full tickets alot (but not as high as the scraps drop right now) and maybe add something you can get with the tickets, like armor skins. This would make the Black lion keys more fun and I think more people would be willing to pay money for Black lion keys to get these really cool weapon skins that came out lately. Heck, I would even be okay with a higher price for the keys, if I get more out of them.
What is your opinion to this?

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Back when they were testing(assuming this) the ticket system with Dragon Coffers, and Dragon’s Jade claim tickets, many people requested some sort of scrap system in response to them opening thousands of coffers and not getting a ticket.

I’m guessing they kept this in mind when they first released Black Lion Claim Tickets.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

When new skins are released buy them from TP for gold, 100% win ratio.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Back when they were testing(assuming this) the ticket system with Dragon Coffers, and Dragon’s Jade claim tickets, many people requested some sort of scrap system in response to them opening thousands of coffers and not getting a ticket.

I’m guessing they kept this in mind when they first released Black Lion Claim Tickets.

Molten Skins were there already before Dragons Jade.

At that time we only had full tickets, and the skin were not even tradeable.
Later they made the skins tradable, and at some point they invented the scraps
so that it looks more like you do some steps into the direction of your goal
instead of get nothing at all and just wait for the rare RNG drop.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

I’ve had a scrap for about 2 months now. Now I only seem to get dyes or BL vendors. It kinda sucks I can’t get this scrap out of my inv in fear I’ll throw it away and get another scrap replacing the one I got rid of.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I had 7 or 8 scraps forever .. now i finally got my 10 .. and shortly after that another
2 that will maybe sit there forever since i now have my 100% world and enough of
exploring for the moment ^^

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: CrimsonDX.4821

CrimsonDX.4821

It is purely for the money. Any time you tie an RNG to the cash shop it is to milk as much money from the customer as possible. The smarter option, and the one players would prefer, would just be to make these skins straight cash shop purchases, but that wouldn’t make them as much money so of course they wouldn’t do that.

Posted by: Tacit Ronin.2097

Tacit Ronin.2097

It is purely for the money. Any time you tie an RNG to the cash shop it is to milk as much money from the customer as possible. The smarter option, and the one players would prefer, would just be to make these skins straight cash shop purchases, but that wouldn’t make them as much money so of course they wouldn’t do that.

That’s debatable. I don’t buy keys as I know the drop rate for anything good is pretty small, and I imagine from the vast amounts of BL chests on the TP that many others are in the same boat as me, now if I could get weapons skins direct off the gem store so I know that my money is being spent on exactly what I want it to be spent on, I’ll happily fork over the right price for the right skin.

I guess it’s up to Anet’s cash people to figure out if the potential revenue from people like me would balance out the drop in people buying keys. maybe they’ve already done that and that’s why the system we have is in place, but if not…?

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I don’t even bother with scraps.

If a skin comes out that I want, I just wait until the market is saturated with them and then buy them for less than I would have spent (Assuming I get one scrap a box which is a stretch) on keys.

I’d buy boxes if the chance for scraps (or even outright tickets) was high enough to weigh against just getting the skins once the market is full of sellers, but right now, nah. Too expensive.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

They don’t want you to get more tickets.
What they want is more people gambling real money on keys.

if I could get weapons skins direct off the gem store so I know that my money is being spent on exactly what I want it to be spent on, I’ll happily fork over the right price for the right skin.

Really? Would you for instance pay 20$ for a weapon skin? 40$? 50$?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I do believe it’s called Capitolism…..you know, where a business attempts to sell things to earn money? Now you may not like the gambling nature of the ticket system, but nobody is forcing you to participate in it.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

to kitten you off and tempt you to splash out the cash

Posted by: Tacit Ronin.2097

Tacit Ronin.2097

They don’t want you to get more tickets.
What they want is more people gambling real money on keys.

if I could get weapons skins direct off the gem store so I know that my money is being spent on exactly what I want it to be spent on, I’ll happily fork over the right price for the right skin.

Really? Would you for instance pay 20$ for a weapon skin? 40$? 50$?

If I was willing to pay that much, then I could buy the gold and get them off the TP. That’s why I said the ‘right’ price. The few weapon skins that have been on the gem store are generally about £7 – £8 I’d pay that, perhaps a little more if it was a ‘must-have’ skin. Brings them in line with the armor skins.