Why do Karka still don't have Defiance bars

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

I’m talking about the big ones of course.
These enemies where and still is very annoying to deal with.

• They can’t be CC’ed.
  • They hit like a truck.
  • They CC you a ton.
  • They have tons of skills that kill you if you get CC.
  • They have retaliation.
  • They evade 1/3 of the time.
  • They are extremely tanky.
  • And the worst of all, they have a second energy bar after you chip away the first.

They look like a vet, but fight like a champ.
Then the defiance bar got announced…
…and the first thing I thought when I’ve heard it was “So that’s why they designed the Karka so weirdly”. I was totally expecting for their defiance bar to drop their armor when depleted.

But then they never got defiance…
After all these years.
I had a glimer of hope when they got reappeared in the recent Ember Bay map, but it turns out they where just copy pasted.
CryInDispair.gif

…and don’t be toxic!

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

Adding a defiance bar to remove the armor vs depleting their health would actually fit pretty well. They’d need to have a pretty big bar though that hopefully doesn’t regenerate that quickly.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I’m talking about the big ones of course.
These enemies where and still is very annoying to deal with.

• They can’t be CC’ed.
  • They hit like a truck.
  • They CC you a ton.
  • They have tons of skills that kill you if you get CC.
  • They have retaliation.
  • They evade 1/3 of the time.
  • They are extremely tanky.
  • And the worst of all, they have a second energy bar after you chip away the first.

They look like a vet, but fight like a champ.

Yup, I love ‘em for all those reasons. They’re the perfect mob to test builds against. Defiance bars would ruin that.

~EW

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

A Defiance bar wouldn’t even make sense with Karka armor. The idea of Defiance is that enemies become vulnerable at certain points and with enough force (hard CC) and distractions (soft CC) you can cause them to lose balance / concentration. Or certain enemies are just vulnerable to being knocked off balance all the time.

Karka’s aren’t concentrating on some magical armor or whatever. They literally have so much natural armor in the form of their shells that you have to break it off of them with straight damage before you can attack their actual bodies. It even shows on their models if you ever look closely, once you drain their first health bar you see their armor breaking away (well, the visual effect looks more like its melting away, but whatever).

Something like that wouldn’t work with Defiance. Knocking them off balance isn’t going to break their shells, and their shells certainly shouldn’t regenerate like a defiance bar would.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If they changed the karka’s armor mechanic to a break bar, it’d likely be far worse. They’d essentially have double their armored health and a very high, but slow to replenish break bar that would permanently increase damage.

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

The better question is, why do the breach and vinewrath champions still have the stability buff when they now have defiance bars. :/

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Meh … I just wish they had a better indicator for when they are evading.