Why do PvE bosses seem to equate to...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lucky.3298

Lucky.3298

I think some bosses are hard enough and can 1 hit you, beside most doing lot of condition damage.
I don’t know what you mean? Or you think abot jump and dodge like some console-like MMO? Beside it was what failed WoW with Cataclysm dungeon revamps.
Most of people just hate jump around boss like a crazy frog.

But if you feel like it’s not challenging for you here, may be we should think about difficulty levels.
By the way, GW got HM and here all seems to be same, but too hard for casuals and too easy for hypo-troupers.
May be it will be wise to split difficulty

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I dont think you understand lucky.
You are literally standing behind a turret and press fire every 3 seconds and shield every 5 seconds for like 5 minutes. i also don’t like when you have to jump around like a crazy frog not to get 1 shot. but i wouldn’t mind if there was some level of strategy involved.

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

maybe even enrage timers, no wp zerg rushing should be allowed in ANY dungeon.

Please no enrage timers. This is one of the lamest ways to enforce “difficulty” imaginable.

I also don’t see why other people care so much if some PUGs use zombie tactics to tackle content or not. Presumably you don’t do it, or need to. Why does it matter that other people do or not?

Posted by: domxnik.1453

domxnik.1453

One of our goals for 2013 will be evaluating all of the bosses and creatures in the game, from open world to dungeons, to try and make them more exciting and fun to fight against.

In general if anything has a really high health pool, it needs to have unique abilities to make it exciting for the entire time, or actually change abilities/tactics as it goes down in health to ensure it stays fun and exciting to fight against.

We realize there are a number of bosses in the game, from the open world to instances that all can be more fun to fight than they are now. We’ll be tackling that this year in part of our goal to make our core game as strong as possible.

Thanks for finally responding with something! I was a bit disappointed when I saw some of these bosses lacking mechanics and phases when seeing that they have such a high health pool. The fight gets too drawn out and boring. Hope to see these changes come soon.

Anvixy- 80 Ranger

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Please no enrage timers. This is one of the lamest ways to enforce “difficulty” imaginable.
I also don’t see why other people care so much if some PUGs use zombie tactics to tackle content or not. Presumably you don’t do it, or need to. Why does it matter that other people do or not?

I also don’t like the principle of enrage or whatever you want to call it, but the possibility to zerg a boss doesn’t lead to skill improvements. People aren’t forced to actually communicate and learn. And next time they join a pug, they’ll be exactly as bad as the first time.

PS: while reviewing creatures – dump Risen Thrall.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: Zoralink.9836

Zoralink.9836

One of our goals for 2013 will be evaluating all of the bosses and creatures in the game, from open world to dungeons, to try and make them more exciting and fun to fight against.

In general if anything has a really high health pool, it needs to have unique abilities to make it exciting for the entire time, or actually change abilities/tactics as it goes down in health to ensure it stays fun and exciting to fight against.

We realize there are a number of bosses in the game, from the open world to instances that all can be more fun to fight than they are now. We’ll be tackling that this year in part of our goal to make our core game as strong as possible.

And that’s where myself and a lot of people draw issue. As I said in the original post, a majority of bosses are simply high health and AoE spam. It’s not fun, interesting, or even mildly exciting. It’s tedious and frustrating. It’s not that they need to MORE fun to fight than they are now, it’s that they need to be fun at all to fight.

That said, I’m glad it’s at least being considered. Some of the fractal bosses are a step in the right direction, but to make Guild Wars PvE fun, taking advantage of the live action combat needs to be done. As is, very little is taken advantage of beyond “Hit dodge to avoid the big AoE or die”. Even just cutting some health pools in the meantime wouldn’t be an unwelcome change.

…Or in the future. 6 minute fights get old after a while, even with decent mechanics.

Posted by: Lighthammer.3280

Lighthammer.3280

Main reason why people skill bosses or any other boss like foe is not hp, its not time required to kill or difficulty to do so, it is loot. Those so called Bosses have nothing to offer as a reward for 10-30minutes long encounter which makes most player just ignore them and run past them.

Sure, improve their fights, make them “less boring” which will only result in them being harder and longer to kill, but if you leave drops unchanged, people will ragequit.

This is MMORPG, everything revolves around loot, dungeons are played for loot, people kill everything in their path for loot, and only thing that this game doesn’t have, guess, its LOOT! 90% of dungeons and “end game” content is abandoned because people don’t get loot they deserve, especially for hours long dungeons like COE or arah.

TL;DR: Improve bosses, but improve drops as well. One without the other will only make things worse.

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

IMO possible the best bit of news Ive heard since GW2 launch !
Now I just hope Anet live up to this statement and not let it slip like so many other promises they have made

;)

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

Main reason why people skill bosses or any other boss like foe is not hp, its not time required to kill or difficulty to do so, it is loot. Those so called Bosses have nothing to offer as a reward for 10-30minutes long encounter which makes most player just ignore them and run past them.

This is MMORPG, everything revolves around loot, dungeons are played for loot, people kill everything in their path for loot, and only thing that this game doesn’t have, guess, its LOOT! 90% of dungeons and “end game” content is abandoned because people don’t get loot they deserve, especially for hours long dungeons like COE or arah.

TL;DR: Improve bosses, but improve drops as well. One without the other will only make things worse.

I hope somebody at ANet is still paying attention to this thread. Boss loot is pretty bad. I get a much better time to reward ratio by skipping bosses and clearing maps instead. Fight one boss for 30 minutes or 30 low-level mobs and you’ll get better experience and more cash from the low-level mobs.

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

I hope somebody at ANet is still paying attention to this thread. Boss loot is pretty bad. I get a much better time to reward ratio by skipping bosses and clearing maps instead. Fight one boss for 30 minutes or 30 low-level mobs and you’ll get better experience and more cash from the low-level mobs.

… is only a day ago since a developer replayed to this threat even… what you expect? an answer once an hour or what from them?…

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

Some info:
I did CoF path 1… I believe… and the boss with all of the crystals to regenerate its health seemed impossible. We spent the first 5 minutes running around destroying the crystals while one man pummeled the boss. I’m not saying that we were doing it right or anything but that seemed like the tactic that we were lead to do but the crystals popped up incredibly fast and the boss never lost health. In the end we all just focused the boss down for 15 minutes and it finally died. Maybe we were missing something but if that is the case then there needs to be some way of letting us know that. Otherwise that boss was ridiculous and overly simplistic and also misleading. Just my two cents. I don’t have much experience so I’ll leave this as a note to the developers and a discussion topic (possibly on my stupidity) for the community.

Zonzai.2341

… is only a day ago since a developer replayed to this threat even… what you expect? an answer once an hour or what from them?…

What you smokin bro? Paying attention to =/= replying to. I said I HOPE not I EXPECT so don’t troll me.

Zoralink.9836

Some info:
I did CoF path 1… I believe… and the boss with all of the crystals to regenerate its health seemed impossible. We spent the first 5 minutes running around destroying the crystals while one man pummeled the boss. I’m not saying that we were doing it right or anything but that seemed like the tactic that we were lead to do but the crystals popped up incredibly fast and the boss never lost health. In the end we all just focused the boss down for 15 minutes and it finally died. Maybe we were missing something but if that is the case then there needs to be some way of letting us know that. Otherwise that boss was ridiculous and overly simplistic and also misleading. Just my two cents. I don’t have much experience so I’ll leave this as a note to the developers and a discussion topic (possibly on my stupidity) for the community.

The very fact that you can defeat a boss by smashing their teeth in mindlessly in such a way is exactly what I’m talking about.

:l

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

No, it’s a good thing. It’s far too “easy” to just gear up in full soldier set and tickle a boss to death currently in the safest way possible. How can you make a boss dangerous to an army of P/V/T protection+heal spammling guardian and warriors? By giving the boss (and silver mobs) attacks that can actually dent their huge armor. And the result is that anyone not geared in P/V/T just gets OS by anything that moves in dungeons? No fun at all.

And then people start complaining that bosses have huge HP pools. No kidding! Maybe if they geared for damage a little more and learned to dodge the attacks instead.

I say, yes for enrage timers. Their presence will push the players to actually improve their play style and make the fights shorter at the same time.

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

We realize there are a number of bosses in the game, from the open world to instances that all can be more fun to fight than they are now.

cough CoE path 3 last non-Alpha boss (with laser beams) cough hack wheeze faint

Posted by: pEEtrs.4320

pEEtrs.4320

Interesting game mechanics need to be programmed on a per boss basis. High HP are just one value to edit.

Part of it is the lack of trinity. If you have a trinity system, it can be rubber stamped onto every encounter and no matter how boring it is, the encounter retains the trinity mechanics of players being cross-dependent. GW2 does not have this option. While the game has some bosses who have interesting game mechanics, there are far too many to expect a custom programmer’s job be done on every single one of them.

Trinity mechanic is only interesting from healers perspective (and tanks in far smaller degree). Others just stand in one spot and hit all their skills as fast as they can… From their perspective it is far less interesting then Gw2 system because they can’t die.

Have you ever actually played a real MMO?

What do you mean by “real MMO”?

One with combat that doesn’t consist of mindlessly blowing cooldowns, or one with boss encounters that aren’t just trash mobs with ridiculous health pools, or one with real PVE progression that’s an actual challenge.

You know, one not like Guild Wars 2.

Ummmm, there is some game like that? Each and every single themepark MMO boils down to mindless button mashing, it’s as simple as that.

I mean I played most of MMO up to this day for at least 1 month (except WoW, I just can’t stand stupidity and simplicity of that game) and there’s only one king of this market, it’s EvE. Downside of that game is, it’s sandbox and it has so freaking steep learning curve, that most people give up before they actually see it’s true beauty.

What I like most on GW2 is fact, there’s no holy trinity crap like everywhere else. So no requirement to have a tank + healer in each and every freakin group! With exception of DDO, they have holy trinity, but it’s not required in 99% of content (we used to run in group of Wizard, purely offensive FvS (so not much healing, basically only self-heals) and rogue.
Also the fact that you can beat most of PvE content without necessity to grind for ages to get items of better “color” which will give you chance to do next part of content (and without it, you’re boned). What I mean, here I found game, where Skill > Gear.

Because I don’t really find holy trinity entertaining. It’s like 1 guy standing at boss, mashing 2 aggro abilities till they fall asleep. Then there’s guy who presses 1,2,3,4,5 and repeat to heal everyone (while he basically stands in one place and watches only health bars instead of fight), then there’s rest of guys, who mashes DPS abilities while standing in back of boss. You guys find that entertaining? I feel sad for you.

GW2 is 2nd MMO ever, where I find PvE entertaining, yet it’s only glimpse of what it could be (I wish ANet played DDO for some time, to get their best ideas and implement them into GW2, superb camera system anyone?).

P.S. I’m not saying DDO is still good or best game ever, but it was amazing for it’s 1st 3-4 years of life, then Turbine started to ruin it and they still continue to ruin it with each and every patch. Yet, their combat system is still best in games I played, GW2 is closing to it, but lacks major features.

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

The bosses should scale some how to the number of people and the reward should be worth it.

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

…“high health” rather than “boss”?

Just something I’ve noticed after doing various dungeons, fractals, and world events.

Any time something is intended as a ‘boss’ fight, rather than making them have interesting mechanics, high damage, or some other such thing, the simplest thing that ArenaNet has done is smash the 0 key on the keyboard until they have obnoxiously high amounts of health. This just makes bosses tedious to fight, rather than fun or interesting. Bosses typically have one or two mechanics to learn, at most, then you know the fight inside and out, yet the fight can continue for up to ten minutes simply because they have so much health. It’s not fun. It’s not challenging. It’s annoying.

Why did they choose this as a design philosophy? It makes the PvE side of the game incredibly frustrating.

Name another MMO where bosses dont have huge health pools and repetative mechanics? It’s no different than any other MMO.

You complain about the bosses not having high damage attacks and in a later post you say you havent delved into explore mode much and you get your impression from fractals.

Which leads me to believe you havent done many fractals either. Most of the fractal bosses have attacks that will severly damage you if they hit.

1 Shot bosses:

Dredge
Grawl
Cliffside
Swamp
Ascalon
Solid Ocean

Then the other bosses you will want to dodge and move away from anyways because they deal high damage.

Then when it comes to regular dungeons we have the ones mentioned in another post along with alpha.

I dont see it any different in other MMOs. WoW and ToR had the same deal, minus the part where you take care of yourself and rely on a healer and tank instead. I find GW2 much more fun and dynamic. I was bored to death with PvE before playing GW2, which reignited the flame in me.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Posted by: Borked.6824

Borked.6824

MMOs have draw towards people because of the competition. This memo was out over a decade ago. It just so happens that you’re the exact demographic that many MMOers love to poke with sticks as well. The best part about good players is that they actually recognize flaws and try to make change, whereas others like you just stagnate and pretend like it’s all good because it’s not kittenting on your lawn.

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

The best part about good players is that they actually recognize flaws and try to make change, whereas others like you just stagnate and pretend like it’s all good because it’s not kittenting on your lawn.

‘The best part about sharing ideas to improve a game is making the people who disagree with your ideas look like idiots’.

That’s kinda the take-home message I’m getting from this. Part of the reason that discussions like this don’t manage to get anywhere is because they’re not discussions – they’re lectures given by players who believe that their opinions hold sway over those held by other people, based on fairly arbitrary reasoning.

Enrage meters aren’t a novel idea, besides. Even something similar under a different name is essentially adding a timer to a fight – something that’s been in games for decades in a myriad of ways. I don’t think that’s change – that’s reversion to the norm when you’re attempting to put pressure on a player during a segment. I’d also argue that it actually promotes the complaint that GW2 is all about DPS (which I don’t necessarily agree with provided a player chooses to play otherwise), as the most efficient way to deal with a time limit on a fight is to win as swiftly as possible. Indeed it’s the only way, considering the majority of mechanics used in games such as this.

Behold: Opinions!

SneakyErvin.3056

An enrage timer would be utterly stupid since the game isnt based around the trinity (i.e 1 tank, 1 healer, x dps). Adding an enrage timer would effectivly force a group to take dps, it would be like the trinity but the other way around. People would be dead set on fielding 5 top dps in their groups and no support or tanks.

Or they add an enrage timer that doesnt start soon enough at which point it makes no difference anyhow.

Only way an enrage time would work would be if its not based around x amount of time. Instead it should be based around x amounts of fails vs a certain ability. Like say, if you fail to break the earth shield say 4 times during the grawl boss fight he would enrage for 20 or 30 sec i.e each sacrificed prisoner would give him 1 enrage buff and at 4 he enrages. This would make the boss less forgiving, currently he only heals up.

Svanir boss would have something similar, for each person hit by the falling roof he would get one stack, at 5 stacks he would enrage or something. Same deal with power suit or something, each successful bombs adds a stack.

This could work for pretty much every boss, except the old dungeon bosses really need a revamp with some mechanics that are close to unavoidable.

Each fractal boss has some form of ability that could be tied to enrage, but a pure timer would be awful.

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Thats great but what about loot drops ?

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

Only way an enrage time would work would be if its not based around x amount of time. Instead it should be based around x amounts of fails vs a certain ability. Like say, if you fail to break the earth shield say 4 times during the grawl boss fight he would enrage for 20 or 30 sec i.e each sacrificed prisoner would give him 1 enrage buff and at 4 he enrages. This would make the boss less forgiving, currently he only heals up.

Svanir boss would have something similar, for each person hit by the falling roof he would get one stack, at 5 stacks he would enrage or something. Same deal with power suit or something, each successful bombs adds a stack.

This could work for pretty much every boss, except the old dungeon bosses really need a revamp with some mechanics that are close to unavoidable.

Each fractal boss has some form of ability that could be tied to enrage, but a pure timer would be awful.

I like the idea that a timer/penalty could be placed on a fight if the player doesn’t manage to fulfil certain requirements during the fight. I wouldn’t say it’s entirely novel even then (a timer’s a timer, even if it’s imaginatively implemented), but it could promote more varied strategies and party compositions. And with professions able to fulfil most roles and access most broad abilities in some fashion (as far as I’m aware), this wouldn’t necessarily disrupt the design philosophy that anyone can find a place on a party regardless of profession. It’d also be relatively simple to sub into existing fights without undermining the core mechanics too much. The positive thing about Enrage is that it technically allows people to continue fighting as the odds are stacked against them, so it’s not a clear-cut pass/fail scenario. I much prefer that to a straightforward timer.

Saying that, ANet staff have said that they’re looking into tuning existing content. Perhaps we’ll see something like this come the new patch. I’d also hope (not expect, but hope) that they could come up with more imaginative solutions given their knowledge of the systems.

Behold: Opinions!

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

That’s the price you pay for removing the holy trinity. No mechanics, no strategy, nothing but high HP pools and fake difficulty.

You don’t need the Trinity to create interesting mechanics.

Just saying.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Rysinsun.7306

Rysinsun.7306

That’s the price you pay for removing the holy trinity. No mechanics, no strategy, nothing but high HP pools and fake difficulty.

Just saying.

Then why take out the trinity and not put in the interesting mechanics?

Just saying.

SneakyErvin.3056

GW2 has better and more interesting mechanics than any trinity game, and the bonus is no trinity.

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

…glitching to win?

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

GW2 has better and more interesting mechanics than any trinity game, and the bonus is no trinity.

It really doesn’t. Not now at least.

Maybe some day.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

OMG I hope you don’t mean with that statement to add boss berserk mode on a timer that is not an “interesting” mechanic it is only a gear check mechanism just like you agony mechanism.

TheDaiBish.9735

Just saying.

Just saying.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-do-PvE-bosses-seem-to-equate-to/page/3#post1176040

They’re working on it.

Also, some fights do have interesting mechanics (Lovers, for example), they’re just few and far between.

The Fractals are more interesting in that the entire dungeon has a mechanic, as opposed to just the fight.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Battlemage.9450

Battlemage.9450

I agree some of the dungeons do need a revamp. Having it where players are locked out of using a WP would be a pretty great idea (for explorable anyway not story mode) Also, unfortunately Lupicus is not the only boss in Arah that can be soloed. I’ve personally been able to solo the Risen Crusher and Risen Hunter simultaneously without using exploits…granted I can’t get past the trash solo, but even now when I’m in a group where the others are dying on them I just stay at melee range of Crusher dodging him, and constantly DPS’ing him or the Hunter in healing armor to stay alive the whole time no problem. (I guess this boss fight could be improved by having them function in a way similar to the Lovers in AC story)

Zonzai.2341

Battlemage brings up (I think) a good point. I think the whole AC story mode dungeon is actually pretty clever, especially the lovers. I’d love to see more boss fights like that. And there are other ones too.

Also, because I hope Anet is still reading, I think there’s a lot of bosses that have the foundations of a really great fight, they just need some refinement and a few (thousand) less hit points. And possibly some unique boss-only drops like in GW1, those were really fun to try and get.

Posted by: Slyder.9215

Slyder.9215

I did enjoy the Lovers fight yes. The amount of HP they had didn’t seem too over the top iirc. But tbh, though, I’ve seen a lot of dual boss battles. They usually boil down to one of 2 strategies: either keep them apart or kill them at around the same time. (or both)

Still though, there’s a reason they’re used a lot. It makes for interesting boss fight premise (story, opposite elements, character relationships like partners/master and student, etc).

Wrenchy Mcboomboom
Engineer

Rysinsun.7306

Just saying.

Just saying.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-do-PvE-bosses-seem-to-equate-to/page/3#post1176040

They’re working on it.

Also, some fights do have interesting mechanics (Lovers, for example), they’re just few and far between.

The Fractals are more interesting in that the entire dungeon has a mechanic, as opposed to just the fight.

Yes I saw that post. However this has been an issue since beta and even pointed out to A-net since beta. Quite simply I cannot understand how a lot of these “boss” encounters passed as “fun” during testing.

I will admit I have not touched fractals yet, so props to A-net if they are indeed better than open world bosses. That being said, please do follow through with improving world bosses by making them more interesting and rewarding…since your original promise was to focus on open world and not dungeons.

TheDaiBish.9735

Yes I saw that post. However this has been an issue since beta and even pointed out to A-net since beta. Quite simply I cannot understand how a lot of these “boss” encounters passed as “fun” during testing.

I will admit I have not touched fractals yet, so props to A-net if they are indeed better than open world bosses. That being said, please do follow through with improving world bosses by making them more interesting and rewarding…since your original promise was to focus on open world and not dungeons.

Didn’t we only have access to AC during beta? Not too sure, never got that high.

And yeah, not only are most the boss-fights better, but the entire dungeon mechanics are as well.

Personally, concerning open-world, I’d like to see them ramp up the difficulty on the events a lot, and have bigger consequences for failing. For example, Pertinent Path. If Shelter’s Camp falls, the Risen should co-ordinate a pincer attack on the other camp, and visa versa.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Rysinsun.7306

Didn’t we only have access to AC during beta? Not too sure, never got that high.

And yeah, not only are most the boss-fights better, but the entire dungeon mechanics are as well.

Personally, concerning open-world, I’d like to see them ramp up the difficulty on the events a lot, and have bigger consequences for failing. For example, Pertinent Path. If Shelter’s Camp falls, the Risen should co-ordinate a pincer attack on the other camp, and visa versa.

We did I believe only have access to AC yes. However world bosses were still around and I imagine one of the main culprits “diessa plateau nageling giant” was also in at that time as well. Seems like a long time ago but I do recall people mentioning the ridiculous amounts of health he had, going afk at ranged with autoattack because he was pretty predictable.

This of course is just one example of a boss done badly, I mean he’s a giant attacking a town, you would think that the town would have had defenses or something for players to use. These same defenses could be destroyed by the giant, if nobody is on the ground distracting him. Just an idea…

Edit: Oh and I dunno…maybe have him drop some loot? It would be nice.

(edited by Rysinsun.7306)

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

The fractal bosses is indeed a step in right direction jade maw is brilliant.

But lets say the shatterer , this is a big and epic boss so it should be hard to kill right? wrong.
All you have to do is go within range(1000~ units) and press 1 and you will autoattack until it die.

Zoralink.9836

The fractal bosses is indeed a step in right direction jade maw is brilliant.

But lets say the shatterer , this is a big and epic boss so it should be hard to kill right? wrong.
All you have to do is go within range(1000~ units) and press 1 and you will autoattack until it die.

Fractal bosses are better, but still pretty “Smash it until it dies” to me. Maybe it’ll be better once they revise stuff in the future.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

A fun combat system is one that throws in unpredictability. Just because a certain mob has certain skills, doesn’t mean it should run the same loop over and over at the same time.

I don’t want to 1,1,1,dodge,5,dodge,rinse and repeat all the time.

Looking forward to the improvements

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

No, it’s a good thing. It’s far too “easy” to just gear up in full soldier set and tickle a boss to death currently in the safest way possible. How can you make a boss dangerous to an army of P/V/T protection+heal spammling guardian and warriors? By giving the boss (and silver mobs) attacks that can actually dent their huge armor. And the result is that anyone not geared in P/V/T just gets OS by anything that moves in dungeons? No fun at all.

And then people start complaining that bosses have huge HP pools. No kidding! Maybe if they geared for damage a little more and learned to dodge the attacks instead.

I say, yes for enrage timers. Their presence will push the players to actually improve their play style and make the fights shorter at the same time.

I say no to people who don’t see the whole picture. A rage timer only makes people DPS more. This game is supposed to be more than attacking relentlessly until it is dead or you run out of time. It is supposed to be about tactics (including ones that are more survivable than damaging) and not dodging and attacking. If that is the case then they could make dungeons single player experiences, lower the health pool, and lower the boss damage. Why have teams if the fights are boiled down to rush dps so that it dies before we have to change tactics for survival?

Zoralink.9836

Any news on this topic? I’m really hoping they cut down the stupid amounts of health on some things…

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Any news on this topic? I’m really hoping they cut down the stupid amounts of health on some things…

Most of the planned changes haven’t happened yet, keep an eye on update notes

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

Seeing as how there are still way more important things that needs to be fixed which have been on the forum since the game launched, for example hit box issues and broken class skills…I wouldn’t hold your breath.

It seems the standard answer is “yes, we are aware there are issues and we are working on fixing them”, this is invariably followed by some new additions to the cash shop or an amazing new event that either simply doesnt work or fails to deliver anything really meaningful to the gaming experience (like Lost Shores for example). Seeing as this stuff keeps being churned out, then people are clearly working…they just might not be working on the stuff we would like them to.

But I am looking forward to part 2 of Frost and Flame, now we have fixed all those signposts theres going to be a lot of refugees arriving and I think we are going to have to feed them. Perhaps we’ll be killing horses and making them burgers? Or making them a nice tent out of 300 rabbit furs?

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

Don’t be afraid of phases! I think that even dynamic event bosses would benefit HIGHLY from phases . I’d prefer them to have a pool of abilities to dip into as the fight progresses but phases would be amazing as well. Imagine having an epic fight to the top of a mountain where the boss finally falls from the edge to his ultimate death and the entire map shakes (if its a big boss)! Then everyone in map chat will say “What the heck was that all of a sudden?!”. =) This would be much more exciting than rooted bosses or the “cage match” ones that are confined to a certain area as the players just mash away at skills, snares, and knockbacks off of cooldown… Anyways, great job ANet. Can’t wait to see future updates.

(edited by X The Manimal.5293)

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

Seeing as how there are still way more important things that needs to be fixed which have been on the forum since the game launched, for example hit box issues and broken class skills…I wouldn’t hold your breath.

It seems the standard answer is “yes, we are aware there are issues and we are working on fixing them”, this is invariably followed by some new additions to the cash shop or an amazing new event that either simply doesnt work or fails to deliver anything really meaningful to the gaming experience (like Lost Shores for example). Seeing as this stuff keeps being churned out, then people are clearly working…they just might not be working on the stuff we would like them to.

But I am looking forward to part 2 of Frost and Flame, now we have fixed all those signposts theres going to be a lot of refugees arriving and I think we are going to have to feed them. Perhaps we’ll be killing horses and making them burgers? Or making them a nice tent out of 300 rabbit furs?

With the news that at least all three AC bosses have been completely rebuilt, and included in the patch in 6 days, do you stand by all of this?