Why do SAB rewards disappear so quick?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I’m a bit frustrated with the way bubbles and especially the end chests disappear so fast. It’s happened to me time and time again when playing with other ppl especially. Like they kill a mob, but if i’m not right there next to them, the bubbles disappear within seconds. Same with the chests.

I did the world 2 with my guildies and i slid away on the extremely slippery ice from the cage just b4 it was destroyed, had trouble getting back up and the chest disappeared within seconds and we got ported to another map, leaving me without a reward for all that effort. This really sucks, coz i lost out on all the bubbles and bubble bubbles. Why make it like this? ppl die during combat for eg: and they have no chance of getting their rewards b4 they’re snuffed away within a few seconds. Really unfair if u ask me.

We should have an option to stay or leave the map after destroying the cage/bosses and the chest should stay open until everyone collects their rewards, regardless if ur solo or in a group. If another party member kills a mob, the bubble should stay there until it is collected by everyone, don’t u think? After all, big part of doing SAB is to collect the bubbles and when ur denied them coz u died or u were a bit faraway form the mob killed ur being severely punished for it.

Another thing i noticed, is there seem to be a bug where if a bubble is dropped on a prop, like say side of a log or whatever, u cannot collect it even when ur standing right on top of it.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

With the exception of world 1, every other stage has like a 40-second (or more) timer before the chest disappears and you port to the next stage. So saying “within seconds” is quite an exaggeration. And there’s usually a checkpoint like right there, even if you do die.

I can’t speak to baubles from enemy mobs as I almost never play with a group in SAB anyway.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

With the exception of world 1, every other stage has like a 40-second (or more) timer before the chest disappears and you port to the next stage. So saying “within seconds” is quite an exaggeration. And there’s usually a checkpoint like right there, even if you do die.

I can’t speak to baubles from enemy mobs as I almost never play with a group in SAB anyway.

Regardless of the time, i didn’t exactly measure it, it seems like seconds to me, the game should never decide to kick you from a map, it should always be a player’s choice, nor should the chests/loot disappear until u collect it. SAB isn’t a race per se, why make it a race getting your rewards or they vanish b4 your eyes?

Edit: Put it this way, this is the one thing about SAB that’s making it un-fun for me.

(edited by Tiger Ashante.1792)

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

the game should never decide to kick you from a map, it should always be a player’s choice

It’s old-school, mate. Embrace the spirit of the 80s.