Why do hammers look so small?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Captain Obvious.6951

Captain Obvious.6951

This has bothered me ever since release.

Hammers are giant smashing devices you use to pound peoples faces in!

So why do they all look like small 1h weapons? Bows are bigger, Greatswords are way bigger and a lot flashier too with all their cool black and silver swinging animations I mean where is the Hammer love?!

Hammers should be scaled up like 50%. 50% longer shafts, 50% scaled heads and even in some cases maybe even larger!

It’s so easy to do too! All you have to do is drag a box around the mesh item, select the scale tool, increase 50%. DONE! Almost no work involved for the guy in charge of designing the weapons!

Edit:

A visual might help.

http://imgur.com/a/oXHVN

If you look you can see the Greatsword here is above this guys head, and goes down almost to his feet.

My Hammer which is also a 2H weapon doesn’t reach as high as the swords handle, and barely goes down to my characters butt.

This doesn’t look right at all.

2nd Edit:

There was a mention of bows being too small?

http://imgur.com/a/w0Y4J

LOL! This guys character is like 6 inches smaller than me and his bow is STILL bigger than my hammer.

I mean cmon Arenanet seriously.

(edited by Captain Obvious.6951)

Posted by: Ragnar Stormcaller.6253

Ragnar Stormcaller.6253

Oh dear,
there is nothing wrong with the size of warhammers, if anything, many are stupidly large and I would like to see them a bit smaller. The head of a warhammer is usually only 15-20cm long, that’s about as much metal as anyone is capable of swinging, and the shafts are rarely ever more than 4 feet long.

I won’t get into the subject of scaling, but there is a lot more to it than simply moving a slider.

Good luck with your suggestion though, personally I hope no-one at Anet listens to it as we already have enough stupidly big weapons in the game.

Posted by: Havok.6073

Havok.6073

Sarcasm on
Yes! Moar big and colorful stuffs please Anet! This game doesn’t look enough like your run of the mill WOW clone and any Asian mmo in the last twenty years! We know you are trying , with the GARGANTUAN shoulder pads that make us look like idiots, but we need moar big stuff! Big weapons! Flashy! Glow in the dark underwear! The possibilities are endless! Oh and more wings and colorful unicorn shooting bows!"

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Hammers in GW2 are mostly too big, really. You’re just used to seeing giant sledgehammers because RPGs tend to go overboard with the size of this particular weapon specifically. That’s why it was a pleasant surprise to see Skyrim hammers looking manageable at the very least.

Captain Obvious.6951

In relation to the size of Bows, Staves and Greatswords in this game… the Hammer is the SMALLEST of them all.

I’m not saying I need ‘big flashy fancy 50 foot hammer’. What I am saying is I’d like it to be at least relevant to the size of the OTHER 2h weapons. And a fuggin sledgehammer is at the very least just as big as a bow or greatsword!

Ariurotl.3718

Funny you should mention longbows cause they are actually a bit too short in the game. Actual longbows had length roughly equal to the archer’s height.

As for greatswords… well, they are generally too big in the game, but one can argue that at least their length is not too exaggerated as some types of two-handed swords did reach extraordinary lengths (but weren’t wielded much like in the game and didn’t look like washboards with hilts).

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I’d definitely like hammers to be bigger. Really with Asura all the big weapons seem way too small, like you’re running around with croquet mallets or something. I want my Asura to be running around with a mallet the size of his torso.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Captain Obvious.6951

Funny you should mention longbows cause they are actually a bit too short in the game. Actual longbows had length roughly equal to the archer’s height.

As for greatswords… well, they are generally too big in the game, but one can argue that at least their length is not too exaggerated as some types of two-handed swords did reach extraordinary lengths (but weren’t wielded much like in the game and didn’t look like washboards with hilts).

Yah I know some longbows were like 5-6 feet tall. My dad had a bear bow that was about that height and I couldn’t even pull it back till I was about 16 cause it was so difficult.

You know if they had to just go ahead and add halberds to the game and put them in the ‘hammer’ class, I’d be fine with that too if people want to stay within the ‘lore’. But still if you look at the picture I added you can see there is an obviously huge problem with the size of hammers in comparison to other 2H weapon.

Captain Obvious.6951

Oh dear,
there is nothing wrong with the size of warhammers, if anything, many are stupidly large and I would like to see them a bit smaller. The head of a warhammer is usually only 15-20cm long, that’s about as much metal as anyone is capable of swinging, and the shafts are rarely ever more than 4 feet long.

I won’t get into the subject of scaling, but there is a lot more to it than simply moving a slider.

Good luck with your suggestion though, personally I hope no-one at Anet listens to it as we already have enough stupidly big weapons in the game.

Look at the 2 screenshots I added, and explain to me how the hammer is supidly large.

It’s not a 1H hammer you put nails into a board with. It’s supposed to be a 2H fuggin warhammer you go to battle with. And it doesn’t appear to be like that at all.

Ragnar Stormcaller.6253

OP, you seem to be making the assumption that every 2h weapon type should be the same length as every other one. That’s crazy. They have different functions and different ways of using them. The hammers have quite a realistic length for their type, they just have stupidly big heads on them. A greatsword is longer because the weight is spread more or lesss evenly along the length. A hammer is a big lump of metal with all the weight at one end. You can’t swing it like you can a greatsword and the longer you make it the harder it is to make a swing.
If you really wan’t stupidly big weapons there arer many MMORPG’s out there that cater to it, most from asia but a lot of WOW clones too.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I agree. One of the reasons why I don’t like hammers is because it’s impossible to find one that doesn’t clip with my Sylvari’s head (who has the shortest possible hair to avoid even more clipping) AND right arm during idle animations. Hammers have horrible sizes and positions on the back.

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

There are more than enough hammers in this game that make me seriously doubt whether any normal person could just lift them.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I agree that most hammers are actually unrealistically large. If you look at real-life war hammers most of them look like the kind of hammer you’d use to nail boards together with a longer handle.

And there’s a good reason for that – it does more damage that way. If you have a big, wide hammer head then you’re spreading the force out across all that surface area and the impact on any one point is reduced. Same way it will hurt a hell of a lot more if someone stands on your foot wearing stiletto heels than hiking boots.

Add the fact that it’s heavier and therefore going to wear you out sooner and be slower to swing and harder to aim and overall what you’ve got is a much worse weapon.

Put a small metal head on a long pole and swung right it could (and did) punch through platemail. Put a massive wide head on a long pole and maybe you’ll feel more like a big, hard man walking up to the battlefield but when you hit them with it at best you might dent their armour.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Ohoni.6057

People using the “it’s realistic” defense.

It’s not about realism.

It’s never about realism.

done by now.”

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

Oh dear,

Are you seriously trying to argue this with realism?

Ariurotl.3718

Why not? The lines of what’s realistic enough for a fantasy setting and what is too out there even for such a setting are still drawn somewhere. Might as well draw them here, especially considering that hammers are already unrealistically huge.

Ragnar Stormcaller.6253

Oh dear,

Why not argue it with realism? I like my chars to look like they could actually use the weapons they carry. 90% of the weapons in this game are really stupid in my opinion and I would never and do never use them. 2h swords that are more like surfboards than swords, no thanks. Hammer heads that are bigger than the characters torso, no thanks. Armour covered in stupid spikes everywhere, no thanks. That’s how I choose to play the game. I like to make it as realistic as possible as it helps me suspend my disbelief, and since an RPG is about the story I want my disbelief suspended.
The weapons and armour that look stupid in my opinion may well be liked by some, we each have our own level of disbelief to overcome. The fact I choose to use some realism in my choices in no way invalidates my arguement. Likewise, you are free to want swords that could never be swung and daggers that couldn’t cut through butter if you want.

Captain Obvious.6951

Oh dear,

Why not argue it with realism? I like my chars to look like they could actually use the weapons they carry. 90% of the weapons in this game are really stupid in my opinion and I would never and do never use them.

This is why I said above maybe they just need to add a Halberd option for the ‘hammer’ slot for those of us who don’t want to feel like we are wielding 2H toothpicks.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m not actually opposed to unrealistic weapon designs. But to suggest that all hammers in the game should be made unrealistically large? That is IMO a step too far.

If you want to have a giant cartoon hammer then you have that option. But it’s great that we also have more realistic options for people who want that. Pushing all weapons of one type to one extreme of the realism spectrum just excludes people who don’t like that.

You may as well ask why we have swords that look like they’re made of metal or armour that doesn’t glow in the dark.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Ohoni.6057

Why not argue it with realism? I like my chars to look like they could actually use the weapons they carry.

And that’s fine, not EVERY hammer needs to be large, so you should have options to choose from, but there should also be options for those who want comically large weapons. Right now there aren’t enough options for large hammers, especially not for Asura.

done by now.”

Ragnar Stormcaller.6253

Why not argue it with realism? I like my chars to look like they could actually use the weapons they carry.

And that’s fine, not EVERY hammer needs to be large, so you should have options to choose from, but there should also be options for those who want comically large weapons. Right now there aren’t enough options for large hammers, especially not for Asura.

Oh, I agree, there should be options which cater to most people. Had the OP came in and said. “Can we have a few new hammers that are much larger than the current ones?” then I wouldn’t have a problem with that.

What the Op said was “all hammers need to be 50% bigger or more as he thinks they are too small and it’s apparently an easy thing to do to change them all” That I disagree with completely.

serialkicker.5274

Oh dear,

Why not argue it with realism? I like my chars to look like they could actually use the weapons they carry. 90% of the weapons in this game are really stupid in my opinion and I would never and do never use them. 2h swords that are more like surfboards than swords, no thanks. Hammer heads that are bigger than the characters torso, no thanks. Armour covered in stupid spikes everywhere, no thanks. That’s how I choose to play the game. I like to make it as realistic as possible as it helps me suspend my disbelief, and since an RPG is about the story I want my disbelief suspended.
The weapons and armour that look stupid in my opinion may well be liked by some, we each have our own level of disbelief to overcome. The fact I choose to use some realism in my choices in no way invalidates my arguement. Likewise, you are free to want swords that could never be swung and daggers that couldn’t cut through butter if you want.

No one said how you should play. You can play however you want. But to come to a topic where guy says his opinion on why he thinks hammers are too small and you counter it with realism in a pure fantasy game is just very weak argument.
Tyria doesn’t work with same rules as our world. It’s a fantasy world. And in this fantasy world, wielding small hammer that is suppose to be two handed weapon doesn’t make sense. It’s like you would try to twohand a dagger in our world.
So, again, you are free to like what you like and play what you want to play, but your argument is weak.

Ragnar Stormcaller.6253

Oh dear,

No one said how you should play. You can play however you want. But to come to a topic where guy says his opinion on why he thinks hammers are too small and you counter it with realism in a pure fantasy game is just very weak argument.
Tyria doesn’t work with same rules as our world. It’s a fantasy world. And in this fantasy world, wielding small hammer that is suppose to be two handed weapon doesn’t make sense. It’s like you would try to twohand a dagger in our world.
So, again, you are free to like what you like and play what you want to play, but your argument is weak.

lol, it’s no weaker than his arguement that everything needs to be bigger. It’s all a matter of taste which will always be subjective.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Not really, actually.

In fact, most games, GW2 included, display Warhammers as massive compared to what they actually are like.

Check out for example this video: https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=QMsVbUUxUTc

Or just google for medieval warhammers. And those were the heaviest 2H weapons used, heavy enough to punch through plate armor. Why make them bigger/larger if it serves no purpose?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

serialkicker.5274

Oh dear,

lol, it’s no weaker than his arguement that everything needs to be bigger. It’s all a matter of taste which will always be subjective.

Actually his argument is fine. I agree that it’s a matter of taste, but his argument has some basis. Most of the hammers don’t compare with other two handed weapons, they look out of place for this fantasy world. So his argument has some reasoning behind it. I agree that we should have a choice, since I’m also not fan of oversized weapons(I have my “limit”. But your argument is nothing but “well in real world….”

Ragnar Stormcaller.6253

Not really, actually.

In fact, most games, GW2 included, display Warhammers as massive compared to what they actually are like.

Check out for example this video: https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=QMsVbUUxUTc

Or just google for medieval warhammers. And those were the heaviest 2H weapons used, heavy enough to punch through plate armor. Why make them bigger/larger if it serves no purpose?

Sarcasm ON :

Sorry, apparently realism isn’t allowed in online games. This makes your arguement weak.

:P

serialkicker.5274

Not really, actually.

Gotta love this. You’re saying that small hammer can achieve same force and damage as 2x larger one?

Ragnar Stormcaller.6253

Oh dear,

Actually his argument is fine. I agree that it’s a matter of taste, but his argument has some basis. Most of the hammers don’t compare with other two handed weapons, they look out of place for this fantasy world. So his argument has some reasoning behind it. I agree that we should have a choice, since I’m also not fan of oversized weapons(I have my “limit”. But your argument is nothing but “well in real world….”

His arguement isn’t fine. You can’t compare different types of weapons. A sword and a hammer are nothing alike. The fact the swords are stupidly big isn’t a good reason to make hammers stupidly big. Walking around with a 6 foot pole with an anvil stuck on the end doesn’t make it look cool. Comical yes, but not cool. In my opinion.

serialkicker.5274

Not really, actually.

Sarcasm ON :

Sorry, apparently realism isn’t allowed in online games. This makes your arguement weak.

:P

We’re killing enemies that are few times bigger than us, but yeah, let’s get kittening realistic and forge weapons that fit “our world”. Makes sense. /s

Ragnar Stormcaller.6253

Not really, actually.

Gotta love this. You’re saying that small hammer can achieve same force and damage as 2x larger one?

If a 2x larger hammer cant even be picked up, let alone swung at any speed, then yes, the smaller one will do more damage. Basic mechanics.

Posted by: Late For Tea.1846

Late For Tea.1846

This isn’t some asian MMO where everything has to be oversized. The size of Hammers is very reasonable. Greatswords are just unrealistically large, and theoretically impossible to fight with.

Posted by: Arzurag.7506

Arzurag.7506

The size of hammers in this game is fine, they don´t need the same length like greatswords.. The power of a hammer comes from its head wile a greatsword makes use of its massive blade.

Well, if you want a big hammer, create a norn-warrior/guardian/revenant and use one of the following:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Onus

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aetherized_Hammer_

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractal_Hammer_

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Entropy_

anvil attached to a staff.^^ https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Improvised_Hammer

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lovestruck_Hammer_

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phoenix_Hammer_Skin

Walking’s good, fighting’s better, fcking’s best

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Ariurotl.3718

Well, that’s just your opinion.

Don’t like it, you are free to skip it and find something else.

I direct these quotes straight back at you. That is indeed just your opinion and you are indeed free to find some other game with bigger hammers if you want that kind of thing.

serialkicker.5274

I direct these quotes straight back at you. That is indeed just your opinion and you are indeed free to find some other game with bigger hammers if you want that kind of thing.

Lol, wooow, you got me! kitten . My opinion is common sense, you people are crying because fantasy character wants to have bigger hammer. Hilarious.

Ragnar Stormcaller.6253

Lol, wooow, you got me! kitten . My opinion is common sense, you people are crying because fantasy character wants to have bigger hammer. Hilarious.

No, you are crying because you believe that fantasy means you can have anything you want, and that is childish.

Ohoni.6057

Well, if you want a big hammer, create a norn-warrior/guardian/revenant and use one of the following:

I want hammers that look Norn-large while on an Asura. I want them swinging human-scaled hammers, basically.

done by now.”

serialkicker.5274

No, you are crying because you believe that fantasy means you can have anything you want, and that is childish.

Um, fantasy is exactly that. You are free of all rules, you can create whatever world you like and your own rules. You can make things our world has never seen. It’s literally up to your imagination.
But hey, thanks for demonstrating you really have no clue what fantasy is.

Ragnar Stormcaller.6253

Um, fantasy is exactly that. You are free of all rules, you can create whatever world you like and your own rules. You can make things our world has never seen. It’s literally up to your imagination.

Except of course, you aren’t free of all rules, you can’t create whatever you want, you can’t make things our world has never seen. Anet can, its their game. You and I can’t. We have to play by the rules they set, in the world they made. If you can’t see the distinction, then you are the one with no clue.

Posted by: Havok.6073

Havok.6073

I think we all understand what “fantasy” means, the issue is that what the OP was asking was to turn EVERY hammer in the game into a ridiculous weapon. I don’t know about you, but to me seeing a character hauling around a monstrously large weapon makes me chuckle, it’s like those huge shoulderpads that prevent any visibility from the sides, very smart design. I blame mangas and animes for this crap, i would like to avoid it in this game, there’s plenty of it in every other kitten mmo published in the last ten years.

Ohoni.6057

I think we all understand what “fantasy” means, the issue is that what the OP was asking was to turn EVERY hammer in the game into a ridiculous weapon.

Was he? I mean, clearly his focus was in getting more large hammers, but while his post didn’t specifically say that some hammers should be left at their current size, it didn’t exactly rule it out.

done by now.”

Carighan.6758

My opinion is common sense, you people are crying because fantasy character wants to have bigger hammer. Hilarious.

Considering you are staving off multiple people disagreeing with you here… I don’t know how “common sense” it is. Or whether common sense means what you think it does. I think you wanted to just say that your opinion is a common one?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

serialkicker.5274

Except of course, you aren’t free of all rules, you can’t create whatever you want, you can’t make things our world has never seen. Anet can, its their game. You and I can’t. We have to play by the rules they set, in the world they made. If you can’t see the distinction, then you are the one with no clue.

Why you insist on embarrassing yourself? It’s obvious that by “you can do this and that” I don’t mean you personally. I know YOU can’t change the game, duh. I’m talking in general, artist, developer, producer, whoever makes fantasy world and characters.
Yes, Anet made the game and they designed huge weapons for the most part. And you are here to tell them “hey in real life hammers had….” Haha. You wrecked your own argument, dude. This is not real life. OP asked for all hammers to be bigger. I agree most hammers are too small in comparison to other two handed weapons, but I wouldn’t make all of them bigger. I agree there should be some diversity.
You could just say that asking for all hammers to be bigger is not not what you support and you think not all of them need to be big, but instead you decided to argue the point with realism, which is total failure and which is why I quoted you.

serialkicker.5274

My opinion is common sense, you people are crying because fantasy character wants to have bigger hammer. Hilarious.

Considering you are staving off multiple people disagreeing with you here… I don’t know how “common sense” it is. Or whether common sense means what you think it does. I think you wanted to just say that your opinion is a common one?

Common sense is that you don’t expect realism in fantasy. If there is some realism, because developer or author decided to put some of our real world culture or weapons or language or whatever, fine, but if he doesn’t do that, how can you blame him and expect him to put realism in? It’s fantasy, he is free to do whatever he wants with his fantasy story.
Oh, no, multiple people disagree with me, that must mean I’m wrong. Hahaha, are you for real?

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

Warhammers were designed to fight armies wearing plate armor. The idea is that you can crush in the armor your enemy is wearing.

You don’t need a massive head on it, it just needs to have the weight to accomplish the task it was designed for.

serialkicker.5274

Warhammers were designed to fight armies wearing plate armor. The idea is that you can crush in the armor your enemy is wearing.

You don’t need a massive head on it, it just needs to have the weight to accomplish the task it was designed for.

Huh… What about when you happen to fight animals 5x your size that have thicker skin than ten of your plate armours combined. What do you use then?

Carighan.6758

Huh… What about when you happen to fight animals 5x your size that have thicker skin than ten of your plate armours combined. What do you use then?

Not a larger hammer at least, assuming you accept the magic behind making an animal hide withstand something made to ~easily punch straight through metal. And we do, because well, magic fantasy world.

But a larger hammer? Hardly helpful. Unless you mean a small point on a very very long handle, like a halberd with a point? Because otherwise you’re softening the impact quite a bit with that large impact surface.

Plus, erm… after I took this serious for 5 minutes and looked around… why don’t you just use one of the plethora or super comically large hammers ingame? And stop telling others that their small hammers also being on offer is such a big dealbreaker apparently? I mean it’s just common sense…

serialkicker.5274

Not a larger hammer at least, assuming you accept the magic behind making an animal hide withstand something made to ~easily punch straight through metal. And we do, because well, magic fantasy world.

You all keep trying to come with some logical explanations that are based on our world. How many times do I have to repeat that this is fantasy? You’re making your argument harder for yourself because you insist on using real world rules and realism.
If developer designs a toothpick that is able to kill a god, that’s how it is. It might seem kitten, but that’s the story. You are free to dislike it of course. So, obviously, you have no idea how size of the hammer works and make difference in the world of gw. It’s obvious that humans, at least certain ones like PC, are not regular humans from our world. They are capable of withstanding a lot of punishment and wield very heavy weapons and swing them without an effort. So how do you know what they are capable of doing with a bigger hammer? Maybe small hammer is a waste for them, since they are capable of wielding bigger hammers that can do a lot more damage, so why wouldn’t they? If I would find myself in Tyria and had an option to wield small or large weapon, why would i choose one that is less efficient?

But a larger hammer? Hardly helpful. Unless you mean a small point on a very very long handle, like a halberd with a point? Because otherwise you’re softening the impact quite a bit with that large impact surface.

Again, using our worlds rules. And even if you want to use our rules, you fail again. Hammers in our world didn’t need a “point”. They were made to crush the enemy with their armour along. The pressure of hammer hitting was enough to injure and kill them. No need to “pierce” armour.

Plus, erm… after I took this serious for 5 minutes and looked around… why don’t you just use one of the plethora or super comically large hammers ingame? And stop telling others that their small hammers also being on offer is such a big dealbreaker apparently? I mean it’s just common sense…

Good job on ignoring my point in order to make yours. I know you are not taking it seriously, because that would require of you to actually make a valid point. I never asked for bigger hammers. I agree with op that hammers are not large enough in comparison to other twohanders, so I wish some of them were bigger, but I never said I insist on all of them being huge. I support diversity. You are the ones coming here trying to explain pure imagination with realism that we know it.
Do you come to chinese restaurant and complain they don’t have pizza? They might have pizza, nothing stops them from having pizza and some people might be happy to have that option, but you can’t come there and insist they should have pizza on the menu. It’s chinese restaurant because they have chinese food, same as fantasy has fantasy stuff.
Here, looks like you skipped the definition in your search: Fantasy – “the faculty or activity of imagining impossible or improbable things.” Trying to craft fantasy world with realism is like trying to search for pizza in chinese restaurant. What’s the point? If you want pizza, you go to pizzeria.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

You all keep trying to come with some logical explanations that are based on our world. How many times do I have to repeat that this is fantasy? You’re making your argument harder for yourself because you insist on using real world rules and realism.
If developer designs a toothpick that is able to kill a god, that’s how it is. It might seem kitten, but that’s the story. You are free to dislike it of course. So, obviously, you have no idea how size of the hammer works and make difference in the world of gw. It’s obvious that humans, at least certain ones like PC, are not regular humans from our world. They are capable of withstanding a lot of punishment and wield very heavy weapons and swing them without an effort. So how do you know what they are capable of doing with a bigger hammer? Maybe small hammer is a waste for them, since they are capable of wielding bigger hammers that can do a lot more damage, so why wouldn’t they? If I would find myself in Tyria and had an option to wield small or large weapon, why would i choose one that is less efficient?

Again, using our worlds rules. And even if you want to use our rules, you fail again. Hammers in our world didn’t need a “point”. They were made to crush the enemy with their armour along. The pressure of hammer hitting was enough to injure and kill them. No need to “pierce” armour.

Good job on ignoring my point in order to make yours. I know you are not taking it seriously, because that would require of you to actually make a valid point. I never asked for bigger hammers. I agree with op that hammers are not large enough in comparison to other twohanders, so I wish some of them were bigger, but I never said I insist on all of them being huge. I support diversity. You are the ones coming here trying to explain pure imagination with realism that we know it.
Do you come to chinese restaurant and complain they don’t have pizza? They might have pizza, nothing stops them from having pizza and some people might be happy to have that option, but you can’t come there and insist they should have pizza on the menu. It’s chinese restaurant because they have chinese food, same as fantasy has fantasy stuff.
Here, looks like you skipped the definition in your search: Fantasy – “the faculty or activity of imagining impossible or improbable things.” Trying to craft fantasy world with realism is like trying to search for pizza in chinese restaurant. What’s the point? If you want pizza, you go to pizzeria.

Its demonstrable, in game, that under the physical (and metaphysical) laws of the setting, a larger version of the same weapon type does not do more damage than a smaller. So increasing the size of a weapon would increase its cost without benefit.

Also, as the people, in setting, developing the weapons choose not to make them larger, its arguable that they know that there would be no benefit. After all if just increasing the size of the weapon would increase success as a warrior, then it would be a simple enough thing to implement.

But, again, it is established fact in game that a larger version of the same weapon or weapon type does not do more damage.

serialkicker.5274

Its demonstrable, in game, that under the physical (and metaphysical) laws of the setting, a larger version of the same weapon type does not do more damage than a smaller. So increasing the size of a weapon would increase its cost without benefit.

Also, as the people, in setting, developing the weapons choose not to make them larger, its arguable that they know that there would be no benefit. After all if just increasing the size of the weapon would increase success as a warrior, then it would be a simple enough thing to implement.

But, again, it is established fact in game that a larger version of the same weapon or weapon type does not do more damage.

You are comparing gameplay mechanic to lore? Like really? You know that things are simplified and balanced for gameplay purposes? I guess people of Tyria don’t need to poop, because we never see them poop, you can play forever without taking a poop.